The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Grand Topal Hideaway Issues

Totes-Bode
Totes-Bode
✭✭✭
Beneath the small raised treehouse. What is this square hole for? It looks like it's intended to be a hole for stairs, like, as though stairs would be under it and this would be an UPPER floor.

This looks bad. For the record, it is not a real hole. Player stands on the air and doesn't fall through.
  • Firestar_
    Firestar_
    ✭✭✭
    put a firepit there?
    Firestar - Imperial Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Reasons-For-War - Argonian Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact
    Pearl Winterstone - Orc Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact
    Jerro - Dunmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    Firestar_ wrote: »
    put a firepit there?

The hole is solid. You can't go inside it. A firepit would sit overtop the hole and still be a hole underneath. It's true you could mask this but it ought to just be fixed.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wondered what that was for too!

After decorating a bit and tricks I use...by sinking some things into the ground/walls to create something different I believe that this platform may usually be placed in the air/on stilts and then the "hole" could be used for a rope winch to haul things up? Maybe the solid collision so you don't accidentally fall through it?

Or maybe if it was on stilts in water you could go fishing via it?

Edited by Mix on February 2, 2017 1:42AM
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    I wondered what that was for too!

After decorating a bit and tricks I use...by sinking some things into the ground/walls to create something different I believe that this platform may usually be placed in the air/on stilts and then the "hole" could be used for a rope winch to haul things up? Maybe the solid collision so you don't accidentally fall through it?

Or maybe if it was on stilts in water you could go fishing via it?

You're probably right about a rope going through the hole. It really seems that the platform is intended for an upper floor. Please fix this, devs, it's an eyesore. <3
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    This spot on the uppermost walkway has a piece of wood sticking out that stops movement.
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    Totes-Bode wrote: »
    Beneath the small raised treehouse. What is this square hole for?

PS This raised platform is only access by jumping. It is on the ground level. If you are able to fix the hole, could a small stairs be put in its place, please?