The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

BATTLEGROUNDS COMING with eso morrowind!

lappas
lappas
✭✭✭
So even though i doubted it it is finally here 4v4v4. Plus a new class, warden:)

How do you think it will play out? of course there wil be "op metas" but it will still be very nice.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    excited.

but worried too.

I hope the existing classes get fixed before June and I am also a little woozy over battlegrounds and what that will do to class balance
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very excited. Especially capture the flag-type battleground sounds fun.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOOOOOO MAJOR CLASS BALANCING FINALLY IN JULY. oh and the new class...meh...
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    June*
  • Ballzy321
    Ballzy321
    ✭✭✭
    With all the cancerous builds out there. Heavy armor temps and dks are all you will see
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No faction restrictions on groups .
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super hyped. Looks like they did a great job.

I do think some balance changes could be needed though because right now I expect to see all groups of heavy armor, sword and board + ice staff magplars that are practically unkillable and then all unload their destro ults at the same time to wipe groups.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, maybe after a couple of months of battlegrounds, we can finally see a real nerf to heavy armor.

I hope we can have a non-cp battleground too.
  • out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Goodbye Zergs. Good bye Equestrian Simulator 2014.

Hello exponential increase of class balance threads.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little concerned by hearing "assigned to a group" in the livestream. If there isn't the possibility of creating a group, there's just no point. No one will find themselves in an optimized PUG.
    If it's like Dungeon Finder and you get 4 people together to queue in, then it's fine.

I'd like the option to set up private matches (removed from leaderboards) as well for intra-guild matches 4v4v4, but maybe I'm dreaming here.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After seeing you have to buy the expansion to get in I'm worried these will not have population needed to be successful .
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After seeing you have to buy the expansion to get in I'm worried these will not have population needed to be successful .

That confused me too. So this isn't included with ESO plus?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

That confused me too. So this isn't included with ESO plus?

Nope and you can't buy it with crowns either lol .
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little concerned by hearing "assigned to a group" in the livestream. If there isn't the possibility of creating a group, there's just no point. No one will find themselves in an optimized PUG.
    If it's like Dungeon Finder and you get 4 people together to queue in, then it's fine.

I'd like the option to set up private matches (removed from leaderboards) as well for intra-guild matches 4v4v4, but maybe I'm dreaming here.

this will open new problems. I played another MMO with a similar PvP battleground system, and the queues were a pain in the ass. The diference beetwen premade groups and pug groups was abismal, premades were always facerolling pug groups.

There should be separated queues for pugs and for premade groups. Otherwise the queues will be only used for top-noch pvp premade groups and the rest of the population won't even want to touch them
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

this will open new problems. I played another MMO with a similar PvP battleground system, and the queues were a pain in the ass. The diference beetwen premade groups and pug groups was abismal, premades were always facerolling pug groups.

There should be separated queues for pugs and for premade groups. Otherwise the queues will be only used for top-noch pvp premade groups and the rest of the population won't even want to touch them

Unless no pre mades at all. It's another option, not something I necessarily advocate but an option all the same.

Either way, super stoked!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

Unless no pre mades at all. It's another option, not something I necessarily advocate but an option all the same.

Either way, super stoked!

i dont think that is a good idea, if you have a premade group with friends and you want to queue, that should be possible. There are 2 ways to go about it:

- Separate queues for pugs and premade groups
    - One queue that use an algoritm that tries to match premades with premades and pugs with pugs.

They also should create somekind of ranking system, something like ELO, so is a friendly system to everyone. Even guys that know nothing about pvp can use it and enjoy playing other newbies, and gives them a chance to improve (and bring more players into pvp). If they throw everyone to the wolfs, the system will be empty in 1 month.
    Edited by ManDraKE on February 1, 2017 12:07AM
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought I would be excited, but I'm not. It feels like each group will have multiple templars. Maybe they can do it where each class has a que and there has to be 1 of each class in a group, because if a group can have 2 or 3 magplars in it I don't want to play
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    As some who loves to duel and small scale pvp in ic but hates cyrodil - this is great news. Looking forward to it. Will be interesting to see if we can join a battleground using group finder and then be paired with low levels. Would be cool if they paired up with similar cp or skill level players.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Tighter spaces"

That just sounds like its easier for destro ult to melt people
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry but im going to be a downer here for a second. I feel like im in the minority but 3 way 4v4v4 is terrible. Espeically if you are going to implement ctf and koth modes. Faction restriction removal is awesome but all ee really needed was some nice well rounded 8v8 bgs with said modes.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Sorry but im going to be a downer here for a second. I feel like im in the minority but 3 way 4v4v4 is terrible. Espeically if you are going to implement ctf and koth modes. Faction restriction removal is awesome but all ee really needed was some nice well rounded 8v8 bgs with said modes.

That would be so predictable though. It would just turn into time your ultimates to wipe. With a 3 way conflict you won't be able to commit to a bomb because you would be left exposed after your bomb is up
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

That would be so predictable though. It would just turn into time your ultimates to wipe. With a 3 way conflict you won't be able to commit to a bomb because you would be left exposed after your bomb is up

of course..but the problem with 3 way BGs is the better you do, they more disadvantaged you become.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly, if it's not a base patch item then it's going to be junk after 2 weeks. The fulltime pvp'ers that are left wont pay as we are just here waiting for CU and CF.

PvE achievement fankids come in, get achievements then leave, rip bg.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    WOOOOOO MAJOR CLASS BALANCING FINALLY IN JULY. oh and the new class...meh...

Balancing with every patch means no balance ever.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

40 USD/EUR is nothing for such a huge area, I bet most of the TES Morrowind fans will buy it and also a great portion of ESO freaks (like me :smiley: )
  • Lifecode666
    Lifecode666
    ✭✭✭
    What needs to happen is:

1. Balance.

2. A vendor that gives you a starter pack of items that can be used in Battlegrounds. No other items can be used in the match.

3. If you win you get tokens, if you loose you get less tokens.

4. Pvp lvl's. when you ding you can purchase new items with tokens.

Everything else will fail.

Sign up with x4 reactive transmutation magica templars.... whatcha gonna do?
    Up the hornz
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

40 USD/EUR is nothing for such a huge area, I bet most of the TES Morrowind fans will buy it and also a great portion of ESO freaks (like me :smiley: )

And if its not so huge?
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What needs to happen is:

Sign up with x4 reactive transmutation magica templars.... whatcha gonna do?

Depends on how ZOS will calculate win - lose - draw. Those HPplars or Reactivehealers won't be able to "earn BG points" to win if they'll meet an adequate opponent teams.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Ballzy321
    Ballzy321
    ✭✭✭
    Capture the flag with unkillable bubble shield temps lol sounds like fun
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    We haven't gotten a lot of information except it's 4v4v4

I hope they have

different size groups (6v6v6 up to 10v10v10)
    non CP BG
    Ranking system
    Premade group system
    Pug solo que system
    Exclusive BG rewards/vendor

The worst thing they can do is let premade people fight the Pugs...everyone will hate BGs and stay away.

Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.