Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Meta-free Zone (theory crafting unchained)

Jitterbug
Jitterbug
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'll get us started.

Build name: Ritalin
Race: Orc
Class: Sorcerer (stamina)
Armor: 5 pc. Fjord's Legacy (medium), 5 pc. Prisoner's Rags (2 weapons, 3 jewelry), 2 pc. Tremorscale (medium)

KxtczlL.png5gMKSQk.png

Weapons: Dual Wield / 1 hand & shield

9J0cCUD.png

Mundus: The Steed

CP allocation: 120 points into The Lover for Windrunning passive

10% sprint speed (orc)
15% sprint speed (fjord's)
21% sprint speed (7 pc. medium armor)

(46% extra sprint speed)

2% movement speed (lover)
7.625% movement speed (steed mundus w. 7 legendary divines)
10% movement speed (minor buff, hurricane)
30% movement speed (major buff, quick cloak)

(almost 50% extra movement speed)

The playstyle is to run people to death with constant sprinting weaved with streaks only interrupted by the odd charge and taunt move to slow them down.

Please share your own useless build ;)
Edited by Jitterbug on February 13, 2017 11:26AM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Windwalker Passive
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Windwalker Passive
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    put cp into the lover, and pick the steed mundus.

2% movement speed (lover)

it's there ;)
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Rather make him a stamblade vampire using hidden blade and refreshing path, faster than hurricane and gets the same speed while sneaking.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    Rather make him a stamblade vampire using hidden blade and refreshing path, faster than hurricane and gets the same speed while sneaking.

Then you would miss out on the 10% minor buff from hurricane.
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Concealed Weapon is more than Minor Expedition.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »

Good point. You said hidden blade first though which is a different ability so I got confused. Should be possible to get the minor buff from somewhere else. You can't sprint in stealth though, so that's a major loss.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Ah yeah

Good point. You said hidden blade first though which is a different ability so I got confused. Should be possible to get the minor buff from somewhere else. You can't sprint in stealth though, so that's a major loss.

Yeah got them confused, I meant the one that gives sneaking speed. This build is fun in pvp for trollganking and watching people running around, clueless where you went so fast :D
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You pretty much just described my skyshard farming setup. haha. Prisoners plus Fjords is pretty awesome.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can use the jail breaker set for minor expedition
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decent scroll runner set up .
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the duel wield blade shield ability that gives expedition ? Would that stack too ?
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's already on there (major expedition) :)
    Edited by Jitterbug on January 31, 2017 7:12AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc, Overload, Dual Wield, in particular after Update 13.. :-)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • amasuriel
    amasuriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonian Nightblade hybrid build with Clever Alchemist, Molag Kena and either Imperial Physique or Black Rose. Should get a fair bit of both spell and weapon damage, and alchemist / argonian / NB synergize well with chugging potions non stop.

Stamina Templar vigor healer. Templar because you can get major mending from several class skills and stam back with repentance. Blessed maxed out in CP tree. Probably VO or Hircines for cost reduction and either Leviathan for crit chance or Hulk for extra stam pool / larger ticks.

Khajit Nightblade Permacritter. Leviathan / Briarheart. Thief mundus. Camo Hunter. 4 Assassination abilities slotted. Should give something like 85-90% crit chance, and briarheart will give you some weapon damage and healing when you crit. Sorc you could heal on crits instead, but no assasination passive, so less crit chance.

• KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roll around the world build

5 piece Senche, 5 piece of the Air, 1 piece Bloodspawn (or Master bow and Maelstrom 2h if you got em)

Bow main bar with 2h buff bar. All pieces well fitted and CP into tumbling all the way to max. Roll away from and dodge all of your opponents attacks while hitting them with slows and DoTs.

Stam Sorc for more maneuverability and good resource control. Stamblade for stealth assistance and grim focus buff
  • amasuriel
    amasuriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh another one I kinda want to try, Nightblade light attack build with Kena, Torugs, Undaunted Unweaver or infiltrator and grim focus.

Light attack with Infiltrator / unweaver and Torugs should be able to hit at least 10k DPS. Kena will greatly boost weapon / spell damage and cost is irrelevant because light attacks. Grim focus gives 8% DPS from berserk. Normally the focus proc kinda sucks because you need 4 light attacks, but here its all you do anyway!

I might actually farm undaunted infiltrator and try this, I feel like there is a chance that a rotation like:

Grim Focus on dual wield infiltrator bar to proc set, swap to staff, Refreshing Path, Elemental Blockade, , 4 light attacks (second one procs kena), focus proc, 4 more light attacks and a proc, swap, repeat.

Might actually do decent dps, and would be hilariously easy to run.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    amasuriel wrote: »
    Oh another one I kinda want to try, Nightblade light attack build with Kena, Torugs, Undaunted Unweaver or infiltrator and grim focus.

Light attack with Infiltrator / unweaver and Torugs should be able to hit at least 10k DPS. Kena will greatly boost weapon / spell damage and cost is irrelevant because light attacks. Grim focus gives 8% DPS from berserk. Normally the focus proc kinda sucks because you need 4 light attacks, but here its all you do anyway!

I might actually farm undaunted infiltrator and try this, I feel like there is a chance that a rotation like:

Grim Focus on dual wield infiltrator bar to proc set, swap to staff, Refreshing Path, Elemental Blockade, , 4 light attacks (second one procs kena), focus proc, 4 more light attacks and a proc, swap, repeat.

Might actually do decent dps, and would be hilariously easy to run.

Infiltrator is much better in heavy lightning attack builds. You can find one that uses it in my signature. But this sounds like a fun build that might be worth trying out :D I have the set pieces anyway so I'll try it. Using the vma staff enchant is improving this further BTW.
    Edited by Masel on February 1, 2017 1:34PM
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FFS now I want to make an Orc and do this...
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am preparing for the upcoming Ice staff tanking (feb 6) by trying to build a Tank Healer Breton Templar in Heavy Armor... Although I have seen light armor tanking it seems risky to try to pull off and i'd rather go with the safe option.

Then try a light armor set Jewels/weapons with either regen or cost reduction or some way to refresh resources.

Seducer heavy + Lich?, Desert Rose? it is getting a nerf but I heard rumors from the PTS of infinite tanking. Should my heavy set be something specifically for tanking and the resources set from the jewels be good enough.

Atm I am just leveling up so it will be awhile.. so far I am still using S&B since i can't actually taunt with ice staff yet.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm working on a werewolf sorc. Pretty fun, rockin 41k health with no undaunted passives yet
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll get us started.

You actually just described my Farmer Character that I am currently leveling. But I will be using Darkstride and Fiord instead. Unless I start using Streak and that might be a reason to use Prisoners.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I'll get us started.

You actually just described my Farmer Character that I am currently leveling. But I will be using Darkstride and Fiord instead. Unless I start using Streak and that might be a reason to use Prisoners.

The trick is to weave streaks with sprints. It's pretty OP.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I updated to OP with some extremely impressive graphics.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going wild and sticking with my Dual Wield, overload, MagSorc using light armour & Wards haha

SO OFF meta its untrue :)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently running a 5 piece light armor, 2 piece medium armor DW sorc hybrid build. Easily doing 25-30k single target damage and area damage, without any effort at all on one bar.

Sets:
    Torug's Pact. 5 pieces.
    Storm Master. 5 Pieces.
    Iceheart 2 Pieces.

DW - Main bar.
    2 daggers with infused trait, and Shock/Frost
    Liquid Lightning, Baleful Mist, Steel Tornado, Power Surge, Camouflaged Hunter, Suppression Field.

Desto Lightning staff - Back bar.
    Wall of Elements, Streak, Elemental Susceptibility, Power surge, Inner Light, Suppression field.

Theory.

Torugs pact + infused weapons with Dual Wield. This combination alone adds about single target 6-8k dps. Each enchantment hit for up to 8k VERY often. Usually this 2 procs gives me on average 6-8k dps resource free, and they proc on light attacks and steel tornado.

Storm master set + 5 light armor + champion points to penetration and lightning damage + Thief Mundus.
    This combination makes sure that Storm master hits as hard as possible, this set alone can give me up a LOT of single target damage when charged a couple of times. (The effect stacks, and critting several times with DW/Desto heavy attacks can charge it up rapidly, add up to 20k damage per light attack for 15 seconds. It's important to get crit chance as high as possible to make sure you get the buff reliably on heavy attacks. Currently I'm at about 75%

Iceheart Set. Adds some nice protection, and area damage, resource free, and is kept up almost constantly due to the high crit chance. Takes advantage of light armor penetration passive, and champion points in to penetration and elemental damage. This set saved me from instant death a lot of times.

Why steel tornado?
    Steel tornado carries the weapon procs, which slams enemies hard.

Why desto back bar?
    Mostly for utility purposes. To charge storm master faster when in range. (Example: when you need to keep range after dodging red boss AOE, or before engaging a group of trash mobs) To lower resists on bosses with elemental Susceptibility. A bit of area damage with Wall of Elements.

Why Baleful Mist? (Vampire)
    Mostly for vet boss fights. With this one I don't even need to stay out of one shot AOE's during boss fights. Pop this one when you see red circle, break out of mist form with a simple block when danger is over. Saves a lot of time, and resources to use this one instead of trying to dodge roll away every time.

Why Suppression field
    Very nice utility skill when lot's of adds around. It silences/stuns them, heals you a bit (from blood magic passive) Synergizes well with DW passive (increased damage to silenced enemies). Perfect for burning down large group of enemies and staying safe while doing it, spamming steal tornado while they are locked.

Why 5 piece light armor?
    Mainly for the penetration passive. Makes weapon enchants and storm master hit even harder. Since most damage is from some form of elemental damage it made more sense than medium armor. Medium armor works well also, if you prefer to change some skills around and rely more on Stamina based skills, with a bit more stamina specced, or using Poison/Disease procs instead.

Why hybrid?
    around, 19K health, 25k magicka and 20k stamina. Prismatic defence on the big armor pieces. and tri-stat food. Liquid lightning and Steel tornado alone together with the weapon procs does very nice AOE damage. Single target encounters, i rely heavily on weapon procs/heavy/light attacks combo for getting high single target damage (resource free) Resources only needed for adds, and a bit of extra burn. High stat's in any particular stat not needed with this build.

In normal solo play.
    Start every fight with a heavy attack or 2 from sneak. Usually one heavy attack one-shot first target due to the massive weapon procs. the rest of the enemies will only take 2-3 light attacks to kill after that, Weave in liquid lightning, and steel tornado when doing public dungeons. You easily take out a group of mobs in 3-4 seconds.

Hard targets. Trolls, Giants, Gargoyles etc. Burns them down in 3-5 seconds if you start with a heavy attack (especially from sneak), without using a single skill. Just 1-2 heavy attacks and 3-4 light attacks. Usually I'm doing around 20-25k single target dps, not using any bar skills at all. It's not even worth casting liquid ligtning etc, as hard target usually alive only 4 seconds.

Dungeon groups
    Most of the time my build is on par with other pure meta DPS builds. In most pugs, I'm doing about 30%-60%, sometimes up to 80% of group DPS (depending on group composition, and type of encounter) with this build.

Trials & PVP
    I haven't tried this build on many trials yet, a few normal ones and did decent DPS. No need to be carried. I don't do PVP, but with a bit of tweak i think it could be viable, mainly due to Torug's pact and weapon procs.

Here's a short clip of build in action against a troll. (pre homestead, non optimized) Still doing around same amount of damage, or even more, since i've optimized gear/champion points a bit now. I've even tried solo a few vet dungeons (up to last boss) with this build, couldn't handle last boss, but working on it.

Will post new video later of this build in several situations. different solo scenarios and grouping.
    [video.]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vdeYF6yZA4[video/]
    Edited by tunepunk on February 13, 2017 2:23PM
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tunepunk wrote: »
    awesome build

I think you just took the lead in this thread! Very cool ;)
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @tunepunk Interesting setup, might give a Torug setup a try after seeing this.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Messing with a heavy-armour mag-sorc build to help with stam sustain. Adding in a pet, its rocking around 42kmag/27.5k health and 16.5k stam in cyro(with half of the undaunted passive). Decent shields, ability to roll-dodge occasionally to help protect shields but damage feels lacking so far. A bit more tweaking/upgrading and I could be on to something..

Pet passives are a bit underrated imho.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tunepunk wrote: »
    awesome build

I think you just took the lead in this thread! Very cool ;)

Thanks :D I love this setup, because i never get the hang of too much bar swap and animation cancelling. I prefer casting a few skills then hammer away on the same bar. Currently only using Skills for some AOE potential. Here's a little teaser of the single target DPS after you've charged Storm master enough times. >_< ... low DPS during charging, but insane burn DPS after once you build up the charges.

Screenshot_20170205_184008.png
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw your idea yesterday @tunepunk and after seeing Storm Master as a garbage set (don't worry, I've been trying to give some love to all the Tempest Island sets - there may be no hope for Overwhelming Surge on my Nightblade :( maybe a Templar, but it really needs damage/aoe dmg buff) and not seeing how it could work, your idea of how there is NO cooldown and KEEPS adding light attack dmg, the eyes of understanding were opened to me and I then sought hunting the jewelry pieces or just enough to even test it out and try if it actually worked! ... It does. haha and super cheese funny also. Once I get Jewelry pieces for it, I will then have about 60% crit on my Lightning bar... and it will melt people. I just wish they kept the crit chance on set dmg and procs :( Going to be real sad.