The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do I copy a character from live to PTS?

Spagetti
Spagetti
Or how do I make a CP 160 character on PTS?
No, I did not steal your sweet roll.

Best Answer

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't copy a character over.

ZOS will periodically copy all of the account data on an entire server. They usually do the NA server first, which means everyone who plays on NA has all their characters and everyone on EU does not. Then after a couple of weeks they switch to the EU server, which is what we've got now. Depending on how long a patch is up for testing they may switch it over again.

Regardless of which server has been copied everyone can make a CP160 character by going into the character creation menu and then using the drop-down menu in the top left corner to choose a template to use. You can still customise their name and appearance as normal, but they will start at level 50, with 160 CP and all skill lines trained to level 50, and a whole bunch of equipment and items in their inventory. (You will then need to spend skill points to unlock skills and assign their attribute points - don't forget this stage or you'll be in trouble as soon as you get into combat..not that I've ever done that.)

(If you need to delete a character to make space don't worry - this will not affect the live server. Nothing you do on the PTS will have any impact on Live, so you can delete any (or all) of your characters and they'll still be there for you to use when you're playing normally.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Answer ✓
  • Draconista
    Draconista
    ✭✭
    no post
    Edited by Draconista on May 7, 2017 7:14PM