The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Limited Dro-m’Athra Style Available in the Crown Store (All Platforms)

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lehran wrote: »
    So now that there are items that are above 5.5k crowns, when do you plan on making the process to buy crowns not painfully slow (aka let us buy multiple packs at once)? Or at least introduce a higher pack tier that gives 11.5-12k crowns for $79.99 USD.

THIS SO MUCH PLEASE! I have purchased multiple packs before during sales and having to buy them one at a time is really annoying.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Inb4 the whales tell you you don't have to buy it and zo$ needs income lol

Well I mean in this case it's kind of true. You don't have to buy it because it's only limited time on the Crown Store, it's in game and going to be in game forever assumingly.

As for ZOS needing to make money, well they do but this is how cash shops work, you keep setting the bar higher until you find the sweet spot. This is only really 1,000 crowns more than other rare motifs and we've become entirely accepting of 5,000 being acceptable for a motif.

The only way this won't become a trend is if it doesn't sell well.

Erm, no. 5000cr motifs aren't acceptable and never have been. No one says anything about them any longer because they've been a part of the CS for so long. Give it a year, no one will bat an eyelid at 6000cr motifs. Doesn't mean they're acceptable to many.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now I really want the LOL button back.

In all seriousness though, this style is still acquirable in game, so marketing it as a limited time item could be confusing to some people.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an inexpensive motif though..... why so expensive with crowns?

All I see here is a scam where players that are lowbies (with very little knowledge of crafting or motif pricing) buy this cause they'll "look cool" with blue lights and feel like they fit in more appearance-wise with endgame players. The limited time nature will make some of them cave and buy it up. I just hate the way Zeni is going about this stuff now. So much REAL great content is on the way but now I'm afraid most players will have left before they release it.

Also how expensive do you all think Vvardenfell or Murkmire will be at this rate? *sigh*
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    Now I really want the LOL button back.

In all seriousness though, this style is still acquirable in game, so marketing it as a limited time item could be confusing to some people.

7000 crowns for forum lol button, yes? No in-game advantage, just convenience, yes?
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Best part is, it doesn't even come out looking like it does in the CS picture. Looks a lot more tacky. Well, at least on consoles it does.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Inb4 the whales tell you you don't have to buy it and zo$ needs income lol

Well I mean in this case it's kind of true. You don't have to buy it because it's only limited time on the Crown Store, it's in game and going to be in game forever assumingly.

As for ZOS needing to make money, well they do but this is how cash shops work, you keep setting the bar higher until you find the sweet spot. This is only really 1,000 crowns more than other rare motifs and we've become entirely accepting of 5,000 being acceptable for a motif.

The only way this won't become a trend is if it doesn't sell well.

Erm, no. 5000cr motifs aren't acceptable and never have been. No one says anything about them any longer because they've been a part of the CS for so long. Give it a year, no one will bat an eyelid at 6000cr motifs. Doesn't mean they're acceptable to many.

@Prof_Bawbag that's what I am saying, it's not acceptable but we've become numb to it, it's the norm and we don't still kick off about it so it's now acceptable.
    Now they have done this at 6k Crowns we'll rage and complain here, then they'll do it again and less people will rage and complain because it's not a new event, repeat until it's the norm, then increase to 6,500 Crowns.

Keep pushing the line until you break something (unsubs, no sales) then tone it back and let something settle to the norm and people become numb to it. Then push the line again.

This is how every cash shop has been run, not just with pricing but with what's acceptable to sell. Do you not think if they sold trial only motifs back in the early days we would have been raging about hard earned trials content being added to the game. Now, we don't care, it's acceptable.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Lythandra
    Lythandra
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not opposed to expensive Motifs but I am opposed to Motifs when you cannot change existing items to it. As it is right now, Motifs are fairly useless to me as I'm not gonna remake all my gear to Legendary just to be in a different style.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would not read too much into Motif prices or mount prices when comparing potential housing prices. DLC packs are much cheaper than exclusive mounts and motifs and costumes. Because they have little to no effect on other players. If only 10 people buy a $45 mount, it does not affect other players. But if only 10 people buy Imperial City or Orsinium or Dark Brotherhood, that does affect other people. There are social aspects to that content and the more players buying it, the more active the zones, the easier to find groups, the more people who want to buy it and join in. Housing also have this to a degree. You can have guests to your house, some people will use them as guild houses, some people will have RP events in them. So making housing somewhat affordable has "halo" effects that benefit entire player base in ways cosmetic fluff like motifs and mounts do not. So housing at a reasonable price will get people to buy it, invite over their friends, pique interest of friends in buying their own house. All that makes housing worth more than initial purchase price of one player.

Mounts and motifs and costumes are like a fancy Gucci handbag. It makes you feel like a special snowflake and can make some people jealous. But it provides no enhanced functionality over a modest priced handbag. Is a Rolex really 10x better than a Timex? No. But a phenomenon known as "price discrimination" kicks in. You don't market one cheap utilitarian watch. You have $50 watches, $100 watches, $250 watches, $1000 watches, $5000 watches, $100000 watches with diamond accents pooped out the butt of endangered howler monkeys. Some people discriminate against overpriced watches. Some people discriminate against all but the highest end watches. To maximize profit, you provide watches to fit not just every budget, but every psychological makeup of consumers, from rich-but-frugal to poor-but-spendthrift who will max out credit cards to buy fancy, high priced stuff.

Remember that nothing has an intrinsic, objective worth. You can get water for free at most restaurants. An absolutely critical aspect of human life and survival! But the Filet Mignon-Kampachi-Osetra Caviar Tartare with Lightly Smoked Dashi Gelée? Which you can live a long, happy life despite never touching? That is part of the $275 executive chef tasting menu.
  • Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    I had actually planned to buy the motif from the store... though I had never imagined it would be so darn expensive. I guessed it would be around 5k at most, like some of the other motifs in there, which would have made me hesitate a bit but probably still go for it.... but more than that? Not a chance
    Mother Earth and Father Night gives me comfort, protection and shelter every step I take.
    Brother Sun gives me the warmth I need, while Sister Moon lit my path so I don't get lost.
    Auntie Life follows me on my journey until Uncle Death sing me the last lullaby.
    /C.O 20121122
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kazya wrote: »
    I had actually planned to buy the motif from the store... though I had never imagined it would be so darn expensive. I guessed it would be around 5k at most, like some of the other motifs in there, which would have made me hesitate a bit but probably still go for it.... but more than that? Not a chance

You're cheaper just buying the gold and then buying the pages. This is how ridiculous the 6000cr price is.
  • Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    Kazya wrote: »

You're cheaper just buying the gold and then buying the pages. This is how ridiculous the 6000cr price is.

cheaper perhaps, but not worth the risk of being banned for. I would never buy gold for a game when it is illegal... so not a chance.
    Mother Earth and Father Night gives me comfort, protection and shelter every step I take.
    Brother Sun gives me the warmth I need, while Sister Moon lit my path so I don't get lost.
    Auntie Life follows me on my journey until Uncle Death sing me the last lullaby.
    /C.O 20121122
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    6k? Someone (multiple people?) in the marketing department done lost their mind
    We say this every time and every time they raise the price again, so clearly it must be working out just fine for them.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    different opinions of what is expensive,i fe think the price of a vodka tonic is way too high
    this motif on the other hand is not,i wanted it so much,got some crowns on sale and voila

Zc5AbSR.jpg
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yokudan will be 10K or I'm a hairless Khajiit.
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    lehran wrote: »
    So now that there are items that are above 5.5k crowns, when do you plan on making the process to buy crowns not painfully slow (aka let us buy multiple packs at once)? Or at least introduce a higher pack tier that gives 11.5-12k crowns for $79.99 USD.

Hell, I'd be happy if they just let us buy multiple Crown Packs at once. Such a PITA to have to have to go through those motions 8 times in a row.
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet ***!!! 6,000 crowns?

All I know is that my sub renews in March and between housing and the ever increasing crown prices for cosmetics I honestly can't say that I will be resubbing.

That really disappoints me. I have defended ZoS from day one on most of their decisions, but it is getting to the point where even the strongest of allies start to question the direction of things.

6,000 crowns for a mediocre motif that you can buy in game cheap because the market is already flooded with pages or farm on your own fairly easily? That takes a very large set of balls to present that *** sandwich to people.

Edited by Bouldercleave on January 26, 2017 5:20PM
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Kinda surprised by the price and limited availability of a motif that's relatively easy to farm (nMoL is a joke) and that isn't very expensive in the player market.

@code65536 that's probably exactly why it's so expensive. They're never going to have a competitive Crown price for it so they gotta maximize profits from the few people who really just can't be bothered searching guild traders or farming easy mode. Though for that last one you'd need to have bought the Thieve's Guild DLC or have ESO+, so who knows. It's quite expensive, but if some people are willing to pay $60 for a motif they'll probably never get to use then I guess that's their prerogative!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mercutio wrote: »
    Yokudan will be 10K or I'm a hairless Khajiit.

Ha ha ha probably. XD I thought I was saving up for housing but after buying all of Yokudan on guild traders I had literally just over 200 gold to my name left over. Still took less time to grind up that gold than it would have to grind the motif itself.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • unwoman
    unwoman
    ✭✭
    $50 in Canada. If a motif is $50 then I can see housing easily being in the $150 - $200 range up here. They finally reached a point where prices are so expensive it makes even me think twice. Time to get farming in game gold I guess.

Honestly, if silly vanity items become unobtainable (I'm not much of a farmer) I loose interest very quickly. I like to customise my characters, without that my game play is dull and empty.
    Edited by unwoman on January 26, 2017 9:28PM
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on January 26, 2017 5:47PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how every cash shop has been run, not just with pricing but with what's acceptable to sell. Do you not think if they sold trial only motifs back in the early days we would have been raging about hard earned trials content being added to the game. Now, we don't care, it's acceptable.

Don't under estimate three factors here.

1. Some people are resigned to not buying these expensive things, so there is no point in complaining. It is not "unacceptable" as much as it is "does not matter".

2. Many people who are sensitive to changes have left the game. If you are not around playing the game, you are less likely to care about items in the Crown Store.

3. New players have no history with ESO. The baseline for "normal" is how things are when they enter the game. They might think things are expensive, but they do not have the Crown Store history to use as a reference.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't under estimate three factors here.

1. Some people are resigned to not buying these expensive things, so there is no point in complaining. It is not "unacceptable" as much as it is "does not matter".

2. Many people who are sensitive to changes have left the game. If you are not around playing the game, you are less likely to care about items in the Crown Store.

3. New players have no history with ESO. The baseline for "normal" is how things are when they enter the game. They might think things are expensive, but they do not have the Crown Store history to use as a reference.

True. Plus the forums are only a microcosm of the ESO playerbase at large.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Dayth
    Dayth
    ✭✭✭
    6000 Crowns? That's nearly £30, man.

This combined with that price of the elk makes me dread for things to come to the Crown Store in the future, at this rate a Crown Store exclusive home will be the price of a car.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A motif that sells for less than 10k per page that is easily obtainable costs more than all DLCs pack? And a limited time offer too? Why?.. What's the logic behind this?
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A motif that sells for less than 10k per page that is easily obtainable costs more than all DLCs pack? And a limited time offer too? Why?.. What's the logic behind this?

Because the motifs for sale at guild vendors are mainly from end-game players in active guilds. I think zos are right to price this motif so high, because it could have eroded the value of what committed players are providing.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No one crafts this ugly motif anymore. It was hot a year ago, but it's old and dated now.
    Ain't nobody gonna buy that ugly *** for 6k crowns bihh lol.

+ It literally takes a couple of nMoL runs to get all motif pages or you can simply buy them for 10k each in Guild Traders. I dunno who u tryna fool Zenimax.

Edited by andreasranasen on January 26, 2017 6:35PM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!

No.

Ya know, I already have this motif, because I bought it in guild stores for gold. For what I would consider a lot less than the value of 6k crowns.

I get it, its coooooool, its unique looking, like wow how fancy. But come on. You guys crack me up. I'm starting to think that my assumption of crown housing being around 50k crowns is going to be on the low end of what actually happens.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And now the 5.5k crowns border has been raised :)
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And now the 5.5k crowns border has been raised :)

For me, it hasn't been raised - it has been eliminated.

I will at this point no longer purchase crowns for any reason, nor will I re up my sub (depending on where they stand on the housing roll out).

If they rethink this BS and bring stuff back to reality, I might change my mind, but at this point I do not see that happening.

If I don't sub - I don't play. I FIRMLY believe in supporting the game and If I can no longer do that, I will simply no longer log in.

Before I go though, I will be giving away free crafting and upgrades (I have a craft bag FULL of mats and I'm not afraid to use them!) for everyone on PC/NA as well as about 10.5 million in coin.

STAY TUNED! Yes you CAN have my stuff!

Edited by Bouldercleave on January 26, 2017 6:50PM