The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Limited Dro-m’Athra Style Available in the Crown Store (All Platforms)

• Daimmyo
    Daimmyo
    ✭✭✭
    Neon stuff again - not sure why people get excited about this.
  • Brokensocket
    Brokensocket
    ✭✭✭
    I cant believe people pay that much for cosmetics already available for free... i earn well but would NEVER pay quadrouble the base game price out of self respect.
    PSN: Spaztik_89
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    Cancelled my subscription for now, this was the drop that made the barrel burst for me. Nobody can have my stuff since I don't intend to log in again to give it away. ;) It was a good run, can't say I didn't get my money worth out of this game.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $40 for a freaking motif when the game itself is only $60 is insane. Goodbye ESO. Was fun for the months I played. Now I'm just going to check out the forums and watch the greed fest take root.

Keep in mind that this is more about master writs that require you to have certain motifs which they are now moving to the store. This means fewer and fewer people will be able to get them when they go for 30k if you don't have the time or desire to do the trial the umpteen times you need to for ALL the motifs. It means that those items in Rolis' inventory will likely be in the crown store for a hefty price since they go for a hefty number of writs on the PTS.

Yeah, I was feeling like I should keep up on my research but when I saw this today and thinking of all the things I saw in PTS along with the lack of new actual game content (updates like tam one and house do NOT count). There is no reason to stay. Sadly, I believe this game has seen its best days and they were never nearly as good as many other games, mainly skrim.

I saw the game listed BRAND NEW on xb1 this past weekend for $20 at a retail store.
    And now the 5.5k crowns border has been raised :)

For me, it hasn't been raised - it has been eliminated.

I will at this point no longer purchase crowns for any reason, nor will I re up my sub (depending on where they stand on the housing roll out).

If they rethink this BS and bring stuff back to reality, I might change my mind, but at this point I do not see that happening.

If I don't sub - I don't play. I FIRMLY believe in supporting the game and If I can no longer do that, I will simply no longer log in.

Before I go though, I will be giving away free crafting and upgrades (I have a craft bag FULL of mats and I'm not afraid to use them!) for everyone on PC/NA as well as about 10.5 million in coin.

STAY TUNED! Yes you CAN have my stuff!

Ooo where do I sign up?

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are people really excited to look like neon scribbled thunder cats?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel really bad for the people that buy this for 6000 crowns. It's available in game in a relatively easy trial and even if you don't run that trial, you can buy them from any guild trader for a very reasonable amount of gold, at least compared to 6000 crowns. ZOS, I think you're pushing the price just for the sake of pushing the price and I sincerely hope that nobody buys this just to show how ridiculous that pricing is.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    $40 for a freaking motif when the game itself is only $60 is insane. Goodbye ESO. Was fun for the months I played. Now I'm just going to check out the forums and watch the greed fest take root.

Keep in mind that this is more about master writs that require you to have certain motifs which they are now moving to the store. This means fewer and fewer people will be able to get them when they go for 30k if you don't have the time or desire to do the trial the umpteen times you need to for ALL the motifs. It means that those items in Rolis' inventory will likely be in the crown store for a hefty price since they go for a hefty number of writs on the PTS.

Yeah, I was feeling like I should keep up on my research but when I saw this today and thinking of all the things I saw in PTS along with the lack of new actual game content (updates like tam one and house do NOT count). There is no reason to stay. Sadly, I believe this game has seen its best days and they were never nearly as good as many other games, mainly skrim.

I saw the game listed BRAND NEW on xb1 this past weekend for $20 at a retail store.
    And now the 5.5k crowns border has been raised :)

For me, it hasn't been raised - it has been eliminated.

I will at this point no longer purchase crowns for any reason, nor will I re up my sub (depending on where they stand on the housing roll out).

If they rethink this BS and bring stuff back to reality, I might change my mind, but at this point I do not see that happening.

If I don't sub - I don't play. I FIRMLY believe in supporting the game and If I can no longer do that, I will simply no longer log in.

Before I go though, I will be giving away free crafting and upgrades (I have a craft bag FULL of mats and I'm not afraid to use them!) for everyone on PC/NA as well as about 10.5 million in coin.

STAY TUNED! Yes you CAN have my stuff!

Ooo where do I sign up?

Can't tell you exactly WHEN, but It will be in Auridon around 8pm PST when it happens.

Edited by Bouldercleave on January 26, 2017 7:57PM
  • Lythandra
    Lythandra
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA?
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how's gonna buy that
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crown Store prices are going up each month, but quality and variety of items there is not changing for better. Many items also are bugged (for example eyelashes)...

6000 crowns (!) for one motif, especially when there's no restyling function in game and motif itself is not expensive in guild stores? I have no words...

I thought ZOS got a lesson after reactions on forum about elk mount for 4500 crowns, but looks like I was mistaken. And now I'm really curious about prices of houses...

Shame on you, ZOS.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As opposed to my former wording, I will try to word it in a more "constructive" manner:

When hell freezes over.
    Edited by Leandor on January 26, 2017 8:39PM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't like the price, don't buy it.

Seems pretty simple to me
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a way we can "disagree" or "downvote" a post, because this is the thread to exercise that option.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wondering if anyone has considered that ZOS has priced this high to discourage purchases in the Crown Store?

Seems to me that if it is available in the game, and available from guild traders, that this particular item is entirely convenience (at a price) and not a revenue statement.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Quantact
    Quantact
    ✭✭✭
    Just wondering if anyone has considered that ZOS has priced this high to discourage purchases in the Crown Store?

Seems to me that if it is available in the game, and available from guild traders, that this particular item is entirely convenience (at a price) and not a revenue statement.

I don't think a for-profit company would ever begin to engineer its sales to decrease purchasing.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The price makes sense to me. There are tons of people in this game that don't do MoL regularly. It will sell.

Though I am still kind of surprised at ZOS. If people could change the styling on already existing gear this motif would probably sell for 10k+.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quantact wrote: »

I don't think a for-profit company would ever begin to engineer its sales to decrease purchasing.

For-profit companies do a lot of things that do not maximize revenue.

How many times have we heard people in the forum say that they would sell more if it was cheaper. ZOS/Bethesda knows this. They are not stupid. If they wanted everyone to buy it, it would be priced so that everyone would buy it. Conclusion: They don't want everyone to buy it.

Enough people will by this motif, at this price, to justify putting it in the store. Expensive limits how many of them will be entering the game. Maybe, that is what they want.

Why was the Elk mount so expensive? Certainly not so that everyone would buy it. Maybe they did not want everyone running around on an Elk. Maybe they only wanted the people who really wanted that Elk to buy it, or at least have the option of buying it. Maybe the motif is like the Elk and they don't want everyone running around in Dro-m'Athra, either.

It is something to think about, when we are not burning effigies of ZOS on the kitchen stove. :smile:

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the motif is like the Elk and they don't want everyone running around in Dro-m'Athra, either.

If that's what they wanted, then they should've made it drop only from vMoL. Instead, it drops from nMoL, which is very easy and very accessible.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Maybe the motif is like the Elk and they don't want everyone running around in Dro-m'Athra, either.

If that's what they wanted, then they should've made it drop only from vMoL. Instead, it drops from nMoL, which is very easy and very accessible.

Even more reason for them to make the motif very expensive, if you follow.

• Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Quantact wrote: »

For-profit companies do a lot of things that do not maximize revenue.

How many times have we heard people in the forum say that they would sell more if it was cheaper. ZOS/Bethesda knows this. They are not stupid. If they wanted everyone to buy it, it would be priced so that everyone would buy it. Conclusion: They don't want everyone to buy it.

Enough people will by this motif, at this price, to justify putting it in the store. Expensive limits how many of them will be entering the game. Maybe, that is what they want.

Why was the Elk mount so expensive? Certainly not so that everyone would buy it. Maybe they did not want everyone running around on an Elk. Maybe they only wanted the people who really wanted that Elk to buy it, or at least have the option of buying it. Maybe the motif is like the Elk and they don't want everyone running around in Dro-m'Athra, either.

It is something to think about, when we are not burning effigies of ZOS on the kitchen stove. :smile:

I'd like to think that, but in reality I think they are testing where the spend cap is.

You keep creeping the prices up until the buyer base shuts down. Then you back it off slightly and you will get your maximum ROI. They are testing the water to find where the breaking point is.

Crown crates - success
    Elk mount - shaky on price but still successful
    Motif - creep the price up a bit more and see if it sells.

If it still sells, you will see the next limited item at 7,500
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The price makes sense to me. There are tons of people in this game that don't do MoL regularly. It will sell.

Even though the Crown Store is mostly cosmetic (I say mostly because they DO sell stuff that benefits gameplay like mount training and XP potions), your quoted reason is the exact reason why I detest the Crown Store.

Sure, it's an absolutely ugly piece of armor, but if few people do MoL then few people should have the armor. It should be unique and actually take some effort to obtain. At least then when you see someone wearing this hideous monstrosity you can appreciate the effort to obtain it. Now, you don't know if they obtained it legit or just spent $45 in the Crown Store.

It cheapens everything about this game. It's going down the path where nothing is rare or actually obtained through hard work.
  • Heartwork
    Heartwork
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for these prices ZOS,
    Now i dont even have to consider if I want to buy something or not.
    Saves me a lot of cash.

The value of 6000 crowns is so much that i could buy a new triple A game off steam for that price.
    Which gives me at least some 100s of hours of fun.

I dont know what you are trying to do,
    but it seems like commercial suicide to me.
  • CeaseSphire
    CeaseSphire
    ✭✭✭
    *starts to laugh hysterically* Ahem, sorry but no way would I ever pay that much for rave gear.
  • hockeyboi
    hockeyboi
    I bought the Dromathra motif.

Mostly because I don't want to farm the trial, which I heard is a pain unless you have a tight knit group to do it with.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hockeyboi wrote: »

Mostly because I don't want to farm the trial, which I heard is a pain unless you have a tight knit group to do it with.

That's the vet version. Normal MoL is pretty easy and you can do it with PUGs.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • hockeyboi
    hockeyboi

I just checked 10 guild merchants and each chapter costs 50K - 60K and higher depending on the piece.

It must still be a bit of a pain through RNG to get the motif's you want.

On top of that all the good motifs for armor and swords etc seem to be sold out at every guild merchant.

Do you have a complete set or close to it? How long or how many runs did it take to complete?
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only motifs had an actual use nowadays. Like, say, if we could apply their looks to dropped gear.

Then maybe the price wouldn't sound that bad.

Oh well. It is not like it isn't abundantly available in game anyway. Not that I care for collecting it, since motifs are so useless nowadays.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just checked 10 guild merchants and each chapter costs 50K - 60K and higher depending on the piece.

It must still be a bit of a pain through RNG to get the motif's you want.

On top of that all the good motifs for armor and swords etc seem to be sold out at every guild merchant.

Do you have a complete set or close to it? How long or how many runs did it take to complete?

What server? On PC/NA, chests could be found for 17K, and shoulders could be found for under 10K.

I completed my motif months ago and have enough unused chapters scattered across my various accounts totaling at least one more set, I think.

(But I do belong to a trials guild, so maybe my perspective is a bit skewed.)

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • swanvalkyrie
    swanvalkyrie
    ✭✭
    How much do these usually sell for in guild traders? Only one I've seen just now is 40k for a chapter :/
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    different opinions of what is expensive,i fe think the price of a vodka tonic is way too high
    this motif on the other hand is not,i wanted it so much,got some crowns on sale and voila

Zc5AbSR.jpg

[SNIp]... the next motif to be sold in the crown store shall be 7000 crowns. For the love of god please don't buy that one too.

[Edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on January 27, 2017 12:59PM