The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Shepherd King - mSorc PvP build

• Draekony
    Draekony
    ✭✭
    what enchants? prismatic on the infused, magicka on the rest? made an extra sorc for pvp and really likin this build. probably use it when i raise my undaunted on him too haha

doing this for CP pvp
    Edited by Draekony on April 15, 2017 2:42PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Draekony thanks for your interest! Correct with the glyphs, I'm surprised I forgot, I'll add that to the thread soon :)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    interesting build.
    question- i'm havent been really familiar with TRanmutation set before, does the Crit resistance stay up constantly as long as you have a HoT going?
    thx.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @HeathenDeacon it actually works better than that. Each tick of the hot starts the Proc and the proc lasts for 20 secs, each HOT tick restarts the proc. So if your hot lasts 20 secs, if you have transmutation (i sometimes just backbar it now), the crit resist effectively lasts 40 secs.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Draekony
    Draekony
    ✭✭
    what situation do you use the overload bar in? been trying to but lot of bursty builds i cant afford to overload bar without a ward
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draekony wrote: »
    what situation do you use the overload bar in? been trying to but lot of bursty builds i cant afford to overload bar without a ward

I only use it against tanky opponents in the later stages of combat.

Example, was facing a tanky opponent, he couldn't kill me, I couldn't kill him at the time, waited for his heal/recovery period and then went O load spam, killing him.

You can't really afford to use Overload against those high damage builds, you're gonna need your abilities, like healing ward to survive. Just as you said.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Draekony
    Draekony
    ✭✭
    Hmm stalwart guard or mystic guard? =P
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm stalwart guard or mystic guard? =P

Lol choices! Personally, as a support (in group play) with resto, I feel the mystic version is more influential. However, in a coordinated group, where you know what buffs will actually make an impact, the other choice maybe superior.

So for PuGs i prefer the mending, for a known group, damage
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Draekony
    Draekony
    ✭✭
    Yeah I went with mending. If we're removing atronach and familiar for group play, is it worth keeping daedric prey then, if not what would you put in there? Was also thinking fire staff for solo build and frost for group play.

it's a fun build, just sometimes run out of stam dodging so much i turn into a sitting duck lol. maybe ill forgo the magicka pots and keep using immovability.

Also going to check out poisons, had a sorc blow me up earlier while this beast dk sat on me, while i had 5 other people beating on them. the dk just wouldnt die, figure get a magicka/stam cost poison and that'll do those infinite sustain builds in nicely.
    Edited by Draekony on April 19, 2017 5:25PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I prefer frost either way, the main reason being the roots. This allows for a good counter to a melee attacker.

I pressure gets too high, I go: Reach, AC using Dodge Roll, then weapon switch. This helps to remove their pressure as they have to dodge roll outta reach and then move to you. However whatever staff you choose is fine :)

I hate having to morph/unmorph just a single ability. If I would, I would prob just place Curse there, it really helps in group play.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Draekony
    Draekony
    ✭✭
    Yeah I'll mess with frost more. And yeah I dont want to unmorph. I have specific characters for pve and pvp just because of morphs and CP builds.

Frost just didnt feel like it had that extra umph to finish someone but I'll look.
    Edited by Draekony on April 19, 2017 7:26PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'll mess with frost more. And yeah I dont want to unmorph. I have specific characters for pve and pvp just because of morphs and CP builds.

Frost just didnt feel like it had that extra umph to finish someone but I'll look.

You're right, a lot of builds will give a stalemate. If you're comfortable without the roots, then fire staff is the better choice. A lot of my builds are posted just so players can get ideas, or to show how maybe their idea may not be meta but can still win.

There is absolutely no reason to not try different ideas and strategies :)

Edit: another strong option would be Pulse, unreflectable can be very useful against DKs and others sporting SnB
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 19, 2017 8:04PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Erynyes
    Erynyes
    ✭✭✭
    cool build, nice out of the box thinking, keep it up
    PC NA
    Sword Lhasa magplar
    Dinin Freth magDk
    Shri'Neerune magblade
  • Draekony
    Draekony
    ✭✭
    Still loving the build, got rid of stalwart guard though it was just too tedious to follow as my guild tends to run in a full raid so its hard to see. Went with purge on healer bar and mage's wrath on front bar for that spell slot.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've come up with an excellent idea. Definitely gonna drop guard, I'll update the build once things are finalized
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds