The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Shepherd King - mSorc PvP build

Waffennacht
Waffennacht
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The%20King%202_LI_zpsgwn1obba.jpg

From the creator of beloved Daedric Shepherd comes his most hated creation yet! For every compliment and praise the PvE build gets, this PvP build gets as much salt and hate.

Credit goes to: @Brrrofski and his Regenerator build, @Thelon and his Bubonic Tonic build, @Psychotic13 and his ideas and theories plus @Beardimus @dpencil and those whom's names I have currently forgotten. Thank you all, your help has made all of this possible.

The Shepherd King:

Gear
Necklace - Transmutation, Arcane, Spell Damage Glyph
Rings - Transmutation, Arcane, 1 Spell Damage Glyph, 1 Magicka Regen Glyph

Head - Troll King, Heavy, Well-Fitted (should be infused)
Shoulder - Troll King, Medium, Impenetrable

Chest - Clever Alchemist, Heavy, Infused
Waist - Clever Alchemist, Heavy, Impenetrable
Legs - Clever Alchemist, Heavy, Infused
Hands - Clever Alchemist, Heavy, Impenetrable
Feet - Transmutation, Light, Impenetrable

Main Hand - Clever Alchemist, Frost (or Fire) Staff, Sharpened
Backup Hand - Transmutation, Restoration Staff, Defending

x4/x5 Alchemist, x4/x5 Transmutation, x2 Troll King

Abilities:
Main Bar - Volatile Familiar, Daedric Prey, Hardened Ward, Destructive Reach, and Crystal Fragments, ultimate Summon Atronach

Back Bar - Volatile Familiar, Rapid Regeneration, Dark Conversion, Healing Ward, and Entropy, ultimate Overload

Overload Bar: Volatile Familiar, Innerlight, Daedric Prey, Daedric Minefield, and Boundless Storm.

Alternates for Group play: Switch Volatile Familiar for Guard. Switch Overload for Life's Champion. Switch Summon Atronach for Suppression Field.

The%20Shepherd%20King%20PvP%20Build_zpst71sheei.png
This is with Blue jewelry, No undaunted passives, 1 Mage's guild passive, Purp Armor, Gold main weapon, No boundless storm.

The build is intended for Dueling and Open World PvP. In Open PvP your role is that of Off-dps Support/Healer, the changes for Open World is removal of some abilities to better support your team. Familiar is optional, as console players still have no way to control their pet in combat.

This build came into existence to combat the vast fields of Proc set builds, mTemplars and mDKs. I was tired of either winning, or losing, with my mSorc in a matter of seconds. I was tired of random crits putting me in my grave, and tired of being CC'ed with no recourse. Taking inspiration from the above builds and players I came up with a build that can survive it all.

Food: Witch Mother's Brew (my personal favorite) or Blue max magicka max health if you don't need so much regen.

Race: Altmer, Breton, Dunmer - Standard Sorcerer Choices; Argonian, Nord, Imperial - Alternate Unique Choices (Healing, Health Regeneration and Resistance Passives)

Champion Points
Magician 32
Warlord 1
Tenacity 26
Arcanist 89
Tumbling 39
Elfborn 48
Blessed 44
Elemental Expert 84
Staff Expert 10
Thaumaturge 1
Resistant 48
Hardy 44
Elemental Defender 40
Bastion 40
Quick Recovery 15

I'm sure this isn't the most efficient use of the points, but I have them set this way.

Why Heavy Armor?
Well in the current meta, a light armor wearer without a ward being up is very susceptible to proc burst or sustained CC's. Heavy armor gives me an opportunity to turn battles around without having too worry too much about being burst down. The Heavy Armor passives all support my playstyle better, returning stamina enough to break CC and eating hits far better than my light armor days. Boosted health and boosted healing should not be overlooked, as a sorc our access to such passives are very limited. In heavy armor, dark conversion does indeed finally, "feel awesome."

Now having a ward up DOES NOT prevent the Wrath passive or constitution passive - a ward being hit WILL return resources to you and boost your spell damage

Why so much impenetrable on a mSorc?
Well in Heavy Armor and with set choices, the Max Magicka is on the lower end. This also means a smaller ward, splash damage after a ward can critically hit, and many Proc builds can stack enough damage abilities that your health pool will be hit. Practically maxed impen will slow the roll of any dps build, at least enough to guarantee you an opportunity to respond before death. There is no build that can completely burst through this builds defenses. Transmutation not only provides you enough impen to hit max, in group play you're giving your allies an additional massive crit resist.

Why Troll King?
Despite some synergy in the Pet Tree and Health regeneration Troll King provides a Sorc a very solid and reliable "HoT." As you can see the King rocks almost 3k health regen. This is not reduced by defile, this is not reduced by Guile, this heal rate is the most reliable heal in game. Troll King can be triggered by Rapid Regen on either bar (and will) once you hit 60% health. On the back bar Healing Ward will also trigger Troll king, providing an absolute massive ward (approx 10k) a mediocre heal, and then the Troll King heal. In group play Troll King and Rapid Regen and Healing Ward and Transmutation will make even the weakest PUG into Cyrodiil war veterans.

Why Alchemist mr Tank?
Well again it's a set that can have an active effect on any bar which is almost a necessity for staff users. The added health is always nice in heavy armor, the burst of Alchemist is one of the best uses in PvP. Really there is not much of a reason to Not run Alchemist.

Fine, why the Pet?
In U13 the pets get buffed, not to mention familiar's AoE will now be buffed by Prey. This makes for a great consistent damage, it allows for passive stunning, it and almost most importantly, gives you another option and spammable move against reflection abilities. There is also the added benefit that many players will focus on your pet because they think you're a Necropotence pet build. This gives you time to time burst, recover stats, or just get a cup of joe... Remember only recast the familiar when it is safe, you do not need the familiar out to kill.

Rapid Regeneration: This provides, without any minor or major buffs, a 800 heal tick non crit and 1440 critical heal. It procs Troll King for yourself on either bar and your allies. This also triggers transmutation for yourself and your allies. Lasts 20 seconds, a great ability for the build.

Dark Conversion: Running low on magicka? Use this to get some without having to wait for a heavy attack. Provides us a use for all of that extra stam when not CC breaking. A great combo is: Healing Ward (triggering troll and ward) + Dark Conversion, this will put you to practically full health and give you a massive ward and then the over 2k health regen)

Entropy: With a lower critical rating Power Surge doesn't give the main benefits most Sorcs gain, couple this with the fact Power Surge is about double the cost of entropy I decided to use Entropy over Power Surge. There is a slight added benefit of Guild passives, another cool synergy is the morph of entropy that provides a health bonus. Pre battle you can switch to Resto bar (now your health shouldn't be full because of the health boost) and use Rapid Regen, before you ever get hit you'll have transmutation procced.

Daedric Prey: Boosts damage, plus the 6 second burst throws builds off a bit as they are use to Velocious Curse (for now) also with the up comin atronach boost we get some good pressure

Reach/Clench: Our spammable dps move. This does low damage, however the roots it provides can drain opponent's stamina as the dodge roll all day, it also alleviates pressure from opponents by creating distance. Also allows our pet to get a few good hits in. Remember to be careful when flinging frags, reach is almost always followed by a roll dodge, you will be tempted to fling that frag immediately after reach as it procs, but this will most likely miss.

Crystal Fragments: The main hitter, we fling this out when we can. Even if your opponent can take em on the chin, keep up the pressure, some builds will suddenly lose their defensive, don't let such an opportunity slide.

For Dueling: This is the primary reason for the build. Your strategy here is to first identify your opponent, this is usually accomplished by watching your health bar.

If you find your health rapidly decreasing you're facing potentially: stam sorc either Kra' or Veli dot build, m or s DK, mLA temp typically running Grothdarr. These are not the burst builds but the "like a bat outta hell" (that's what I call em heh) dps builds. Your bar is dropping fast. Time to turtle up. Get your wards up, trigger troll, rapid, if you just can't get a break try and hit familiar between wards. When you swap bars hit reach, you need to get a break from their offense. If you can get the familiar stun, go into perma roots spam. Once they get on the defense your chances of victory are much better. Atro gives awesome opportunities to break the offensive onslaught. Their defenses are usually low enough they cannot survive very much (nor is their regen as high as other builds, meaning more susceptible to stuns) if they are so strong that you can't get on the offense luckily their offense means your heals are generating massive ultimate, you then flip on Overload and cast mines and prey. Use a ward every other move to keep your health bar in good standing (thank you troll) Hopefully they'll run into a mine about the same time a LA and Prey go off, if that doesn't kill them it definitely puts them on the defensive. In this match your offense is your only chance.

https://youtu.be/sW3I2sE5vYU

Tremorscale SnB (Dk, Temps, maybe NBs, also maybe stam sorc) We love these builds, we're gonna be snared 100% of the time, but they'll never pose a serious threat of killing you. The only issue is facing a draw, DKs and Temps do have great heals, if they never over extend you may never kill them. Basic idea is keep up as much offensive pressure possible, hopefully they are the types thag run minimum regen rates and eventually sub come to roots and stuns. Our burst is: Frag, Reach, Prey (detonation) Frag while having an Atro and Pet dealin passive damage. Again you should never lose, but you may not win.

https://youtu.be/gZhWe6yNkUc
Sometimes your opponent gets over confident in their ability to survive

Standard Proc Burst sDK, sTemplar, sNB: These are the builds that made me want to even have a build like this. Typically they invest so much CPs and armor into critical damage, and damage mods that their sustain and actual abilities don't deal much damage at all. They are trying to proc several sets at once in conjunction with typically an ult and execute. The thing is, if this burst can't kill you, they have no alternative game plan. Stamina Nightblades are your best match ups, they are all about damage in burst form. Unfortunately for them you can use their cloak to give yourself time to have every buff up. If they stay out in the open they are very squishy. Curse is your best friend against a stamina NB, it can't be blocked, it can't be cloaked away, and it hits hard. Templars and DKs don't pose much threat either, stamina DKs will have a difficult time even getting close enough to you to use any attacks. Temps really the same deal, you just work your opponent until they can no longer cast heals or break CC.

Magicka Casters: Started to think this build has no downsides? Well unfortunately that's not true, the normal magicka sorcerer and the magicka NB are the worst match ups for the King. The plan against a magicka sorcerer is to hope they dodge roll out of roots, we aren't fighting their health or wards, we are fighting their stamina. Less experienced sorcerers will dodge roll leaving themselves vulnerable to a hard CC. Once a sorc has been hard CC'ed you have a very good chance of killing them. The real trick against a magicka sorcerer is to not deal too much damage. If you get a sorc too low and not hard CC'ed that Healing Ward and stack will make all of your hard work simply gone. A sorcerer is at his weakest about mid health. If you manage to get a sorc CC'ed and half health you win. This proves to be extremely difficult against experienced sorcerers. Even rooted they will use heavy attacks or other single target abilities to turn to continue the attack and will not be hard CC'ed. Against an experienced sorc you may over extend leaving yourself vulnerable. The initial burst of Curse, Frag, Wrath and Meteor may not kill you, but a Hard CC stuck in the AOE plus another Wrath just might. Also a pro sorc can use EOTS or Rage at the exact right time. DO NOT EVER LET YOUR GUARD DOWN. I have many times been too cocky and let transmutation and Rapid lapse, it has cost me a few duels already because a very well timed EOTS plus streak/fear. Speaking of magicka NBs. Their dots and skoria can be simply mitigated, however again over extension plus a well timed EOTS and fear can kill you. Many times I failed to keep my buffs up and got caught by Fear because of the poor animation it can have at times - usually bad words follow and how I need to pay attention. The real issue with mag NBs is they can easily make it where you can't win. They can stack Healing Ward and Annulment, they have Cripple and Agonize to annoy you to no end. Most annoyingly is their ability to cloak and teleport at will. Again, they won't die if they don't over extend. This is same as the King, he won't die if you keep safe. Skoria is the main choice of these NBs, just be aware of your health and keep up your buffs. Don't get too cocky and drop wards for a heavy attack or an ability, just don't, you give them an opportunity to win they should never have.

Trollplar, Malubeth Mist Form, DK, Permablocker, Some Healthplars: Unwinnable, you won't lose either as won't any build that these builds typically face. Unfortunately versions that your standard Sorcerer or more dps build would actually defeat, this build won't. We won't be surprising anybody with a Death Recap of 15k (or anywhere near that lol) so there are far more builds that the King will simply draw against. I'm usually the player that'll forfeit first, just makes things faster. If you start battle and 20 minutes later, both of you can just stand there and emote at each other, it's best just to let them have it. I've had matches where players hide for 5 minutes rather than forfeit. It'll be much more fun and enjoyable if you just seek out another match.

Group Play: Support ROLE! In groups you will not be the dps guy. If you can't focus on one guy, or if that other player has heals coming in, you won't be getting any kills. We can still get tons of AP however! Sitting in the middle or near the front lines is best, keep healing ward those that get low. Keep rapid regeneration on as many people as possible keeping Transmutation up. Troll King also procs on other players. If you do decide to run Champion of Life, you truly make PUGs into superstars. 1400 health regen, A Ward, 800 hps HOT, 1300 crit resistance, 30% less damage taken, AND 30% more critical damage done... oh and a 5k+ HOT, that's what you can potentially add to any other player around you.
- An example: I was wandering around in Cyrodiil and happened across a random friendly keep under siege. Jumped right in and found a former emperor facing a small group of enemies. The best part of the experience is when he decided to use his EOTS, I hit Champion of Life (and the rest) and watched him charge right in alone. He stood alone afterwards :) as I do very little group play I was quite proud to get the whisper: "Great Heals."

For group play I truly use the build as support, just casting attacks here and there to do what I can, but mostly I enjoy seeing the excitement of a PUG that finally feels like an Emperor on the battlefield.
Edited by Waffennacht on January 27, 2017 8:00PM
Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
1300+ CP
Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht Very interesting build. It would be great if you could post some videos of it in action.

What potions/food do you usually run with it? Also, don't forget to add your champ point distribution to the OP.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey thanks. Yeah I'll get some vids up when I can. Same with those CPs. Im at work so I don't have access to those just yet :)

Also gonna add some match up info. For example against LA temps/DKs or the medium DKs (NBs) that have massive damage potential but low defense you turtle up on your resto bar. Fling on O load, set some mines and Prey and start LA. More than once has an opponent in a frenzy ran into a mine, had prey detonate and eat the O load for the win.

Again, thanks! :)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks great. I love to see your out-of-the box stuff.

Why not surge though? Doesn't it proc troll-king ( I honestly don't know)?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Biro123 it does proc troll king. The lower end crit rate makes surge proc less often, also because this is a heavy armor build we don't have the cost reduction la users have, surge can vet expensive (plus degeneration morph?) Allows for an immediate transmutation proc. (Just added it to guide)

The other morph can also give your heavy attack the potential of a big heal. Not that's the reason why I run it, just small synergies I notice.

Thanks for the questions!
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to turtle up.

I also want to see videos of this guy in group play/1v1. If I end up liking Sorc enough, I might consider rolling one for a more tanky support build-- somewhat similar spiritually to this one. I've also started getting onto the hybird bandwagon as of late. I'm starting to appreciate how weird and different they can be played.

Oh yea, what race is this? I'm not sure I see any mention of race type in the OP. If it's not the ideal race you'd like, what lists of races would you cherry pick for this build?
    Tremorscale SnB (Dk, Temps, maybe NBs, also maybe stam sorc) We love these builds, we're gonna be snared 100% of the time, but they'll never pose a serious threat of killing you. The only issue is facing a draw, DKs and Temps do have great heals, if they never over extend you may never kill them. Basic idea is keep up as much offensive pressure possible, hopefully they are the types thag run minimum regen rates and eventually sub come to roots and stuns. Our burst is: Frag, Reach, Prey (detonation) Frag while having an Atro and Pet dealin passive damage. Again you should never lose, but you may not win.

My 2 cents on the bolded statement, and this is just a personal observation on other PvPer's mindsets, not necessarily tied to the OP/OP's build.

This isn't a bad thing. I sometimes get the impression from other PvPers that running away from a situation where both parties know they can't win means it's bad. It's never bad. It means the build works. The train and train tracks the person is thinking on work in conjunction with the players toon/it's build. That is really really good. I don't think a lot of people understand how important that is! Especially in group play!
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on January 24, 2017 9:27PM
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool build man
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Takes-No-Prisoner you're correct I did forget the race! It'll be added, lol. In that pic it's a dunmer and while using a frost staff it is not the optimal race. Altmer would be better I suppose (I couldn't bring myself to make the exact same as my main lol) another really interesting option would be Nord imo (not the best dps or sustain but would still be cool)

@Thelon thanks! It's grand daddy is your bubonic, that's what this guy started with, I just couldn't keep guile on both bars really reducing it's effectiveness, plus @Brrrofski regenerator builds kinda hard counter the tonic.

Thanks guys, I'll try and finish up tonight
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added a few vids. A quick word about my clips:

1. I'll only post 561 or very near max opponents, watching a 200 struggle is not informative at all.
    2. I will not post a lop-sided battle, if my opponent got slaughtered and it's not typical for that kind of build I won't post it
    3. I will post opponents I feel were not only skilled but portray an accurate account of that build
    4. I will not post multiple vids of the same opponent as it's not really educational

Therefore my clips will be that of good battles, for example I did have 12 matches last night, 5 of which were duplicates, 3 of which were against low levels and a couple were just not fair. I think one was a NB... never saw him use an ability before he died, there is no clip of that lol.
    Edited by Waffennacht on January 25, 2017 4:45PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Waffen, one thing I wondered is if troll king would proc from the heal from surge?
    Also, do you know if the proc can stack. For example, if you get two heals and are still under 60%, are you getting the health regen proc twice?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Malamar1229 first yes Surge can proc Troll King, they however would not stack, the health regen bonus would just be refreshed and restart the 10 sec timer.

Edit: Pretty spiffy picture huh? :)
    Edited by Waffennacht on January 25, 2017 11:25PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a sucker for good looks, and my first comment is your dye and armor looks badass.

I want to give you props for going outside the box and even though dueling isnt my cup of tea I am glad you shared this. I have always looked at troll king and liked its potential.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If what I read on the PTS is true (and not a bug) this build will be completely unplayable as is.

Im waiting on any new information

Edit: what's happening is the x5 set bonus of a timed buff is being removed when switching to a bar that no longer has the 5th set piece.

After hearing more the UI still shows the buff, however the actual buff is not being kept up. This makes me think it's a bug (fingers crossed)
    Edited by Waffennacht on January 26, 2017 9:20PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they do nerf it like that I Guess in that case we might have to use crafted clever alchemist sharpened staff on front bar and an extra bsw peice instead of monster helm :( that sux though and doesn't make sense. Hope it's just a bug. What about lich?

Btw want to duel? would be curious to see how we go vs each other. Pretty much same build, just different skills in use and no pets for me.

I am pc na. I don't know if I have the sets I use avalible on pts since I got them quite recently.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @aLi3nZ I'm on xbox so I can't duel you unfortunately, nor can I test on the PTS for myself. The poster said he tested Alchemist but hadn't had the opportunity to test any others. I would like to believe it's just a bug.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if thats true say goodbye to Lich....
    wow, just wow
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing a bug. Didn't they make a change so you wouldn't lose 5-piece stat-bonuses when doing a weapon-swap to another weapon of the same set? Kind of makes me think that they've accidently broke it since they've been messing with the weapon-swap code.

Otherwise, nerf to Trainee - broken lich, nerfed DW, (and buffed staves). I think they'd struggle to find anything else left in my current build to destroy - lol.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if thats true say goodbye to Lich....
    wow, just wow

If lich is broke we'll have to suffice with warlock, and just have the burst of magicka rather than an increased regen.

I really hope they haven't broke alchemist though, that's a big part of most of my pvp builds
  • oTheTownDrunk
    Your spells will not hit hard and your wards will not block much. You need more Magicka.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @oTheTownDrunk you're right, but that's not how the build works. It's not about killing your opponent immediately, it's about out lasting and working them down.

No the wards are not huge, but you don't use them like that, if you watch the videos I don't even have a ward up 100% of the time.

With 3.2k crit resist etc, I don't need my ward to fully protect me.

Thanks for the comments
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • oTheTownDrunk
    I feel like spells would just pummel you but that's just my opinion. And you have a very low spell critical chance which is huge.
    Edited by oTheTownDrunk on January 31, 2017 4:05PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like spells would just pummel you but that's just my opinion. And you have a very low spell critical chance which is huge.

No dude, you make good points that a lot of players think about which I appreciate :)

Well you can have 26k resist and 3.2k crit resist, this prevents a lot of damage (even if opponent has penetration) now couple in the 1k tick of Rapid regen, the 1.5k hps from troll king, healing ward (which does get to be a 10k ward) and then the Hardened Ward you're looking at a minimum of 2.5k hps (3k if it does crit or even 4k with Alchemist up)

So let's take an average 15k penetration opponent, that means on average this build will have 6kish resist from armor, or about 10% resist (then CPs for another 14% resist).

Let's also say your opponent uses frag with a tool tip of 12k (kind of average for a high penetration build) and let's even say it crits for 70% more dmg. In PvP That's base 6k critting to a potential 10.2k

Now if I have no wards up my build will take .... 6.8k total from your crit. In 1sec I'll regen about half of that passively. Meaning without me casting ward or a heal or attacks or etc. It will take 4 12k tooltip frags to the face to kill me.

That leaves plenty of time to respond (and this is against a pretty offensive build)

It's a brawlers build, more of a longer term fighter than burst.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you watch the vid in the OP the build is a thinking mans build. It's not meant to cream faces in under a couple of seconds. It is slow and methodical in nature and should be played as such.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on January 31, 2017 4:59PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If you watch the vid in the OP the build is a thinking mans build. It's not meant to cream faces in under a couple of seconds. It is slow and methodical in nature and should be played as such.

Its a very very solid build

@Waffennacht I assume this doesn't work solo open world because of the lack of burst or big heals?
    Edited by Lexxypwns on January 31, 2017 5:10PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Its a very very solid build

@Waffennacht I assume this doesn't work solo open world because of the lack of burst or big heals?

Correct, in Open World you're suppose to be in a group as support.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This build looks very vulnerable to being CC'd every 6 seconds, and also against resource poisons. I can see how it would do well in 1v1, just because of the high regens, health, heavy and root spam. Are you sure that you don't mean to use dark deal?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This build looks very vulnerable to being CC'd every 6 seconds, and also against resource poisons. I can see how it would do well in 1v1, just because of the high regens, health, heavy and root spam. Are you sure that you don't mean to use dark deal?

No, magicka return. You do get CC'ed every 6 secs, and you break it every 6 secs, thanks to heavy armor stam return. In group play you're support buffin everyone around you. Like you make that glass cannon sorc become invincible :)

Poisons are annoying, but a stam cost increase won't bother conversion and conversion (plus Heavy attack) keeps magicka up. Also if you run low on magicka, having a stam cost heal really helps.

@cschwingeb14_ESO
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    That health regen is insane. Is trill king a monster helm? What dungeon / chest?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That guy in 1:50 said it right, "Troll king is ridiculous"

Good build tho, always like seeing proctatoes with tremorspam die horribly:)

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @olsborg yeah I feel pirate, TK, and blood spawn are the antithesis of viper, grothdarr and skoria, therefore they deserve it! Lol I got so sick of proc sets. I'll never feel bad about using TK.
    Edited by Waffennacht on February 2, 2017 5:33PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to say, for no CP this build is extremely good.

Transmutation is worth more than a full set of impenetrable and gives a hefty amount of regen.

Troll King is great for survival, if you want to get tricky, switch it up for tremor scale, heavy attacking and causing the snare is wonderful against zegs. Switch out Atro for Elemental Rage, the Ice Storm will immobilize and the snare makes it a death sentence.

You can use Tri Food for the max stam and additional CC breaks that gives, or Witchmother for more regen.

Drop the familiar as your max magicka gets nailed. I added Rune Prison main bar for a hard CC that's great after setting off the destro ult.

Haunting Curse

Back bar is Streak, Rapid Regen, Healing Ward, Power Surge, and Dark Conversion. Conversion is uber powerful in no CP.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds