The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Chandelier Chains Going through Ceilings

Totes-Bode
Totes-Bode
✭✭✭
In houses like Strident Springs, placing chandeliers (excellent sources of lighting for a large room) in a downstairs room like a dining area or kitchen causes a chain as tall as the player to poke through the ceiling into the room above. This is really a problem. It is difficult to have a chandelier centered in a dining area and then go upstairs and have the chain poking right through the middle of the bedroom floor. There's no furniture that can cover this chain. There must be some way to allow for chandeliers to be used in homes with low ceilings on the first floor.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this as well. We should have chandalier options with long and short chains.
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    Also, a player cannot walk through a chain. If it is sticking through the floor, it cannot be passed through and impedes movement.
  • IgnisDrakkon
    IgnisDrakkon
    ✭✭✭
    It's now five years since this original post and chandelier chain clipping through to the floor above is still an unresolved issue. I bought the Thieve's Oasis that is currently on the Crown Store and it's laughable how the chandeliers on the ground level in the buildings in the oasis were lowered so much just so their chains wouldn't clip through the floor of the second level. The chandeliers are at the height of characters, instead of being above characters and other furniture in the rooms.

ZOS please find a solution to this. I am heavily into the housing and it's been a problem since the game began.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know how this could be fixed without ruining many intentional builds where players will partially bury a furnishing to have only a portion visible. Unless one had the ability to modify furnishings.
  • IgnisDrakkon
    IgnisDrakkon
    ✭✭✭
    They can release shorter chain variants of existing chandeliers. Would gladly buy/craft those variants just to solve this annoying issue in all my houses.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW this is why I will not buy Forgemaster’s Falls. You can’t put chandeliers in the longhouse, as they show through the roof.

In that caee, I would prefer the longhouse to be the interior space, but stil …