The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Show off your Gardens

• Firestar_
    Firestar_
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what to do with the stupid book being broken.... but I did manage to put together a small open air mausoleum

t79GxV4.png

YzqhZWz.png

R3LIOlj.png

I plan to add more flowers all over the place, just can't find ones I like.
    Firestar - Imperial Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Reasons-For-War - Argonian Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact
    Pearl Winterstone - Orc Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact
    Jerro - Dunmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A quick draft (not that much time to play on PTS) of what I want to do with the Humble Mud House (modest unedited screenshot)
    rcxd0xrsfh2u.png

rjf3op8r1oje.png

edit because the image was not showing up
    Edited by Arciris on February 4, 2017 2:02PM
  • Zariah
    Zariah
    ✭✭✭
    nr6omzk.jpg

9x3hbR3.jpg

N2CkAPE.jpg

HHmehlB.jpg
  • Myrrah
    Myrrah
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Why is the only official Zos comments in threads that are basically advertising for "look at this pretty thing I made"?

Meanwhile, most of the threads with real feedback get no response whatsoever.

Part of the reason might be that it's much easier for them to respond to a topic like this. Complimenting peoples pictures has no wider implications. Therefore one staff member can do it right away without consulting anyone.

Whereas even acknowledging that we're right that something needs to be changed, or isn't good the way it's currently working can be seen as making a commitment to change it, and it's rare that one person is able to make that decision without consulting the other people who were involved in the design process. The kind of feedback players usually want - a statement about what will be changed, how it will be changed (or what the new version will be) and when those changes will happen would need a lot of discussion and planning, and at least some of the work to be done to make sure it's actually possible and works as intended.

By the time they're in a position to say "this is what we're going to do" the topic will probably have died off. It's also not the best place to make those kind of announcements, they should go into the patch notes so everyone who wants to know can find it without having to dig through a dozen virtually identically forum topics.

And in that sense we do see responses to feedback. For example a lot of people said the description for Hammerdeck End was completely inaccurate and misleading. ZOS never acknowledged that in the topics but in the next set of patch notes we found out the name and description had been changed to be more accurate.

And I'm not just talking about ZOS here, the same is true of any game studio with more than about 3 employees, or pretty much any other business.

yeah-it's kind of like with kids. They say they want to go to disneyland and the parent says "me too! let's try to make that happen". But there's never enough money. So 20 years later they're laying on the therapists couch talking about all the ways their parent let them down by not "keeping promises" :P
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arciris wrote: »
    A quick draft (not that much time to play on PTS) of what I want to do with the Humble Mud House (modest unedited screenshot)
    rcxd0xrsfh2u.png

rjf3op8r1oje.png

edit because the image was not showing up

Wow! I love that!

I never thought about putting anything on the house for Humblemud (even after I found you could place trees on the inaccessible roof of Twin Arches).
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @Danikat
    I remembered doing that because i really wanted one of those wild tree cabins you see in Grathwood, and this is the closest i could come up with.
    Also the tree roots (Bayan tree) show insidethe house, which creates a unique indoor/outdoor ambiance. Too bad I forgot to take pics, cause it was just a draft and I've already taken out the trees to put them elsweyr :pensive:

edit to add: it works with the Ample Domicile as well :D and fits better the surroundings. But more trees are required
    Edited by Arciris on February 5, 2017 1:22AM
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the fact if you're not a cashed up "wh0r3" you'll struggle do anything creative like this.

Crown objects or writs/in game gold.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We love seeing the creativity of players
    I'm sorry but I find that hard to believe since you put a wall between players and their creativity with your low item limit cap.

• Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gardner House - Wayrest
    Screenshot_20170110_005919.png

Screenshot_20170110_010039.png

Screenshot_20170110_010021.png

Screenshot_20170110_005946.png

This is very well done. Gives me some ideas for my own Gardner House. How inspiring!
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molydeus wrote: »
    Gardner House - Wayrest
    Screenshot_20170110_005919.png

Screenshot_20170110_010039.png

Screenshot_20170110_010021.png

Screenshot_20170110_005946.png

This is very well done. Gives me some ideas for my own Gardner House. How inspiring!

Actually, I've done yet another thing, which I am so very proud of. Enjoy, and welcome to the Maze.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpB_o_WDydM&t=11s
  • SunnyBunny
    SunnyBunny
    ✭✭✭
    FooWasHere wrote: »
    I had a go at the Twin Arches garden. The house is lovely but I wasn't optimistic about the garden, as I like it really lush--which doesn't really feel right in a desert environment. There's just a tiny green patch.

The selection of cacti was quite small, and I found it difficult to make good stone arrangements with the limited variation of desert stones available.
    Inspiration welcome! :smile:

vmvNblT.png

md4Q6QO.png

JA9dJFw.png

AiFUQMR.png

The new Prairie Flowers were very nice. I chose to place them in pots as I imagine the desert sand would be a bit harsh.
    I added a well in the corner as I imagine the garden would require a lot of water.

-Foo

I got this same house and also got a well - lol
    When I can get into game i will post what I did with the garden area
    Lone Wolf Help ~ Royal Bank of Tamriel ~ Black Market Wares

I Know I'm Lost

*Ernestina - Imperial Temp
    *Ennus - Bosmer Sorc
    *Greavy - Orc DK
    *Somniate - Ra Gada NB
    *Cilano - Imperial DK
    *Ba'Raka - Khajiit Warden
    *Bird In Hand - Argonian Templar
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice

However redguard home are in desert and I have a little weirdness putting greens all over?

_ I have house down in similar place and greenish gardens req water that is harder to come by then grow dollars in trees ;) oil is however a thing but try water plants with that :)

But wouldnt mind having green indoors I would like to have more indoor plants please..
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's my live server version of Sleek Creek. Very pleased with what I achieved. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB78O0bacJs&t=25s
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • beamy93
    beamy93
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when this game was about trials and dungeons.
  • koolkitty1223b14a_ESO
    koolkitty1223b14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Been working with the housing editor on a few of my different properties. I've become quite fond of the Sleek Creek homestead myself. It has a nice basic open space to create in; personally I've found this design enhances and encourages one's own ability to visualize and create something both personally unique and aesthetically pleasing at the same time.

I've only just started with this garden, but it's ideal location paired with it's design has allowed me to streamline the process and work rather quickly as I have ample points of view to work from, the possibilities are endless! I've included a few screen shots of what I've done thus far!

That being said, I have noticed a few points that I'd like to touch on:

1.) The lag. It seems to have increased recently for me and shows no sign of recovery. Has anyone else experienced this? Moving around while editing can be frustrating at times.

2.) Ive had trouble placing hanging lighting and maintaining an proper vertical position. Trying to align the item with the surface it's to be hanging from is difficult, and the attempt to use the automatic align option only exacerbates the issue normally. (Screenshot included of one particularly stubborn Redguard lamp)

3.) I predominantly work from a controller. Having the option to quickly zoom in/out and pan around oneself without moving the option one is trying to place does not seem to exist, do those who use a keyboard and mouse have the ability to do this? It would be a much welcomed feature for me, personally. Limited visibility adds an unnecessary challenge to overcome and can also cause the process to become very time consuming as well.

Overall, I've enjoyed he experience so far though. I accredit most of my gardening skills to all the years of playing The Sims as a kid. Haha!!

Sleek Creek Homestead
    @TheGreaterGood

Going for a feminine botanical theme, wanted to incorporate some of the beautiful cherry blossom foliage available! Whatcha think?!

2017-04-09%203_zpscuvlfrzu.png

2017-04-09%202_zpspmtv7cpd.png

2017-04-09%201_zpsdggsorld.png

2017-04-09%201_zpsdggsorld.png

• ZunaRoath
    ZunaRoath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, this is my forest, made with Old Mistveil Manor. Covered it all in rocks, the house and the walls, and made a forest and a cave.

veNUe8f.jpg

My character's camp

2N2n7mR.jpg

rVMC4V8.jpg

XO2YfUo.jpg

1R93eQ8.jpg

A cave in the mountain

e7QCScp.jpg

dnQjy0X.jpg

Can watch the forest from the cave

4fDh3TY.jpg

rxO2ia3.jpg

And sit down on some trees

Us8FkvC.jpg
    [EU-EP-PC] @Kynes_Peace

Hjalmar Bear-Heart - Main, Stamina Warden
    Svari Wild-Hawk - Magicka Nightblade
    Hulda the Wild - Stamina Warden
    Greg the Witchman - Magicka Necromancer
    Cassius Gallus - Stamina Sorcerer
    Nari War-Shield - Magicka Templar Healer
    Hronvir Winter-Winds - Tank Warden
    Zuna Ice-Bear - Stamina DK
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread gives me LIFE! <3

Could we please up the cap on how many items you can place in/outside your house. This is beautiful what our community has done to these gardens :)
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Totally agree - for the Notable houses it just isn't enough if you want to make the garden lush and the interior feel full - I had my garden looking great with Serenity Falls then had to remove some plants and rocks in order to get the inside looking good.
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah there just is nowhere near enough capacity at the moment. I have a nice house and such but really the limitations are extreme.
    Ireniicus
    GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium