The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Access code issue

Zefre
Zefre
✭✭
Hi

I have returned to the game after a long break, and I am trying to log in to the account pages to activate ESO+.

However, I am not receiving the email with the access code, so I am not able to log in. I have also tried to change the email, but I am not receiving the email with the confirmation either.

I have verified that the account is registered on the correct email-account, using the "Forgot UserID?" button. I did not receive that email either.

I am able to log in and play the game.

The email this is registered to is paal@vkarlsen.no, and I would appreciate any help.
  • Zefre
    Zefre
    ✭✭
    I have opened a ticket using the account recovery form, and can supply a ticket ID if necessary.
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    This is typically an issue where the email provider is blocking the access code email before it even gets to your spam folder. You can resolve this issue by changing your email address which you can do by following the steps in this support article.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    This is typically an issue where the email provider is blocking the access code email before it even gets to your spam folder. You can resolve this issue by changing your email address which you can do by following the steps in this support article.
    This is circular logic, and very broken:

"If you would like to change your ESO account email address, follow the steps below:

Sign in to your ESO account here.
    Under Account Info, select Edit Account Info.
    Select the EDIT button next to your current email address.
    Enter your new email address, answer secret question, and click SAVE.
    Check the email account associated with your ESO account for the required Access Code.
    This will be sent to your old / current email address.

Enter the Access Code.
    This confirmation will automatically log you out of the account page.
    Check your new ESO account email for an Activation email and follow the instructions.
    Sign back in to your account to confirm that change to email address associated with your account has occurred.

You will now have a new email associated with your ESO account!"

Please note the redundant issue of needing to use an access code that wont come through email to change an email address so I can get an access code that wont come through the original email account.
    Edited by twev on January 22, 2017 5:13PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Numn2Nutts
    Numn2Nutts
    Soul Shriven
    Please help. I need assistance recovering my account as well!
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    I'm sorry, if you aren't receiving the access code, you'll need to contact support using this form. Be sure to include that you are not receiving the access code in order to change it yourself and don't forget to include the new email address.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • blackbirde01
    blackbirde01
    Soul Shriven
    This *** is happening alot today. Get your *** together Zenimax.
  • Agrivar
    Agrivar
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck! I just got a response from CSVIP@zenimax.com - that left me with more questions - and DESPITE the reply-to address matching the email address specifically listed for replies all I get when I reply is "Address not found
    Your message wasn't delivered to CSVIP@zenimax.com because the address couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again."

Nice job Zeni - slarving dode at customer support once again!
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates