The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please nerf TrollPlars

• Emencie
    Emencie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Emencie wrote: »
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    actually op has a point and l2p is not an answer based on knowledge of the game and its mechanics.

i have literally watched ~12 players beat up on 1 guy and never take the guy past 95% health, he never lowered block, or ran out of magicka. that is not a l2p issue. that is an imbalance in the game. should a tank be able to take 1 or even 2 random guys hitting them? yes, 3 maybe. but 4+ players beating on someone should do more damage then they can regen + self heal themselves, drain thier stamina no matter if they are a fast ult regening dk tank.

Don't know what the build was but I have seen this. No less than 20 of us wailing on one templar who never even took damage. I swapped to WW form and feared her hoping we could kill her in that time period, we did some damage but no kill. She just instantly healed back up.

It was pretty insane. Eventually we started ignoring her completely but I still feel it makes no sense that a build like that is even allowed to exist.

For the exact same reason a build can stack 20k dmg and only need a LA to proc it...

The other extreme of course. I still see no reason this should exist either.

I'm sure for every person that pushes through the BS of Cyrodiil to find the fun, I'm sure there is a person who tries it out runs into these sorts of builds and instantly concludes that PvP is an unbalanced mess then leaves. I think these sort of builds hurt the PvP community and we should all be asking for them to be brought in line. Even though we know they are gimmicky.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blazing shield is a skill check. You must have X amount of skill to beat a healthplar, but once you have that amount of skill, killing one becomes a matter of procedure rather than a long difficult fight
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trolldk is harder to kill.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soft caps were the defense against all this kind of nonsense.

Now any class can spec full on into defense and not die unless 10+ are wailing on them.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol magplar has replaced stamblade as the most hated class in cyrodiil
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem is that you don't really see one trollpar it's groups of them now , which just means that people have to run larger groups and all we end up with is zergs ☹️ , my main is a Magplar but even I hate playing it now that I've swapped to a stamplar
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I met permablocking templar once. Later watching recorded video i realized that it was exploiter.
    Blazing Trollplar is easy to wipe even with just 2 people- just CC him on cooldown, while other debuffing. Malubeth - still bugged set (hopefully will be fixed next update), obviously it overperform on any class.
    Edited by Cinbri on January 22, 2017 9:25AM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blocking Templar with Meridias set. You miss 50% of the time, 5 out of every 10 seconds.

They heal back up again and again. You cannot kill them 1v1. Period. You can't do enough damage through the heals, purges, and blindness. They can't kill you either, but that's What ZOS calls balance.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone knows this, but only Fengrush ever dared speaking it out:

Healing in this game is too strong!

It's why zergs can form and don't die to bombs and AoEs. It's why you can only kill with a burst in CC. It's why numbers rule Cyrodiil, every additional healer makes your group stronger. It's why ge got proc sets.

Major Vitality potions get a nerf, but healing was already OP beforehand. However, ZOS cannot simply nerf healing to the point where you can out-dps it, as it would change the battle too much, and that's a lot of balancing work incoming. And ZOS hate nothing more than balancing their game, it's teh HORROOOR!!!
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So much misinformation in this thread...

DO NOT bring a sweeper boss to the healthplar. You will die in an amazingly spectacular fashion. Damage is done at the frequency at which damage is received with cooldown as the cap. Sweeper AoEs are a godsend....

DO NOT stand back and spam dark flare. Healthplars heal using skills that return a % of health. The major heal is a shield skill that heals based on absorbed spell projectiles... the other is an interruptible channel with a stun from the vamp line. If they are using the blinding set, wrong build, make a different thread and i'll explain how to kill those. Healthplar healing can be completely shut down knowing the above mechanics.

Healthplars cannot permablock. It seems like it sometimes if they use sword and board ulti. But sword and board ulti does not prevent cc even if holding block button. Run the Healthplar out of Stam and kill it. Just like fighting any other build.

DO USE poisons that cause magicka cost increase. After next patch, use magicka drain.

DO USE silence. An annulment can end a he,althplar' in 2-3 seconds.

DO USE caltrops to force block Stam drain.

DO ignore the healt:hplar until everyone else is dead. Healthplars are only an issue to aoe spamming zergs and newbie groups The most frustration you can deal to any person in this game is to a Healthplar player. Kill it's group then leave without killing it. The most they can do is drop stuns during the entire fight. Healthplars have nothing but the shield.

• Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't stand in malubeth beams and heal them . Stay ranged and use interrupts often .

Malubeth was addressed and nerfed again for update 13 . Templars got several nerfs this coming patch . No more stun on blazing spears and Radient oppression nerfed . ZOS has addressed this issue . Whether it was a good change is debatable as they were not invincible . Players just had no clue how to avoid the malubeth by dodge roll and staying back .

A bunch of people Melee spamming a Trollplar is a huge L2P issue . That just feeds them more health . Anyways they got nerfed .

How do you stay ranged as a stamina build?
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • ced30
    ced30
    ✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    Don't stand in malubeth beams and heal them . Stay ranged and use interrupts often .

Malubeth was addressed and nerfed again for update 13 . Templars got several nerfs this coming patch . No more stun on blazing spears and Radient oppression nerfed . ZOS has addressed this issue . Whether it was a good change is debatable as they were not invincible . Players just had no clue how to avoid the malubeth by dodge roll and staying back .

A bunch of people Melee spamming a Trollplar is a huge L2P issue . That just feeds them more health . Anyways they got nerfed .

bow, hidden blade?
    No-one escapes the chains!

Afro Nînja - magicka nb (DC)
    Silvester Staline - magicka nb (DC)
    It's a trâp - stam dk tank (DC)
    Lord Vuiton - Argonian blazing shield templar (Dc)

[Video] Major Trap! eso Stam Dk tank pvp => https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/302728/video-major-trap-eso-stam-dk-tank-pvp-episodes
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ced30 wrote: »

bow, hidden blade?

So Spam snipe and watch as people dodge roll it?

Or toss tiny daggers that will just tickle all day?
    Edited by Anti_Virus on January 23, 2017 5:28AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or caltrops them and spam snipe. Trollplar won't roll for long
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    maybe a cheater?
  • ced30
    ced30
    ✭✭✭

bow, hidden blade?

1 - a trollplar can't dodgeroll for days
    2 - you gotta work with what you got, no "i win button" solution here, how does it feel having to work for a kill?.
    Edited by ced30 on January 23, 2017 11:48AM

[Video] Major Trap! eso Stam Dk tank pvp => https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/302728/video-major-trap-eso-stam-dk-tank-pvp-episodes
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Everyone knows this, but only Fengrush ever dared speaking it out:

Healing in this game is too strong!

It's why zergs can form and don't die to bombs and AoEs. It's why you can only kill with a burst in CC. It's why numbers rule Cyrodiil, every additional healer makes your group stronger. It's why ge got proc sets.

Major Vitality potions get a nerf, but healing was already OP beforehand. However, ZOS cannot simply nerf healing to the point where you can out-dps it, as it would change the battle too much, and that's a lot of balancing work incoming. And ZOS hate nothing more than balancing their game, it's teh HORROOOR!!!

20k+ shield stacker vs 15k BoL spammer.

One is immune to heal debuffs and critical damage.. the other isn't...

just sayin.. there's more in this game that is OP..

Nerfing healing would be the wrong way to go about it imho.. the problem is more that the heal stats is the same as the damage stat... so that "pure" healer will actually still pack quite a punch.

But that issue is present all over ESO... just look at all the heavy armor builds these days... you can be a super tank and yet bring super DPS to the table... there's no either .. or.. in ESO atm.
    Edited by Docmandu on January 23, 2017 12:06PM
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

bow, hidden blade?

2 - you gotta work with what you got, no "i win button" solution here, how does it feel having to work for a kill?.

Look, as we all know ranged stam builds aren't viable, Stam builds arw pretty much pigeon holed into melee.

Not looking for an "I win button" but stam builds usually have a tough time dealing with Blazeplars.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

bow, hidden blade?

Look, as we all know ranged stam builds aren't viable, Stam builds arw pretty much pigeon holed into melee.

Not looking for an "I win button" but stam builds usually have a tough time dealing with Blazeplars.

Are ranged stamina builds not viable or just not optimal DPS? Seems to make sense if they have use at range to kite a bit.

• Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

bow, hidden blade?

Are ranged stamina builds not viable or just not optimal DPS? Seems to make sense if they have use at range to kite a bit.

Not viable sadly only because the main dps skill is a channled skill and channled skill are weaker than instan cast skills in pve.

In pvp its easily aviodable, unless you one shot ppl with a bow its pointless, especially to a Blazeplars
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blazeplars are just players that are skill less so I just feel sorry for them
  • ced30
    ced30
    ✭✭✭

because pressing destro ult and runnin around or proccing people and cloaking is so skilled.
    On a blazeplar you have to actually manage your resources, which requires alot more skill than "pressing a button, everyone dies".
    (not talking about malubeth templars of course, this is kinda broken atm).
    Edited by ced30 on January 23, 2017 1:57PM

• White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

because pressing destro ult and runnin around or proccing people and cloaking is so skilled.
    On a blazeplar you have to actually manage your resources, which requires alot more skill than "pressing a button, everyone dies".

Hmm on what a surprise a blazeplar here to try and justify that it requires skill
  • ced30
    ced30
    ✭✭✭

Hmm on what a surprise a blazeplar here to try and justify that it requires skill

why don't you just try it and come back to us with your 1vx blazeplar videos if its so easy?

• White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

why don't you just try it and come back to us with your 1vx blazeplar videos if its so easy?

My main is a Magplar have been playing since day one so if you don't think I've even tried playing one during all that time found it boring and have moved on to something that actually requires a bit more skill ,but hey just carry on rocking easy mode I'm judging waiting for them to be even more nerfed
  • ced30
    ced30
    ✭✭✭

My main is a Magplar have been playing since day one so if you don't think I've even tried playing one during all that time found it boring and have moved on to something that actually requires a bit more skill ,but hey just carry on rocking easy mode I'm judging waiting for them to be even more nerfed

still no video evidence how easy it is.
    what is wrong with you people, tank characters sacrified their dps to be able to survive, but they shouldnt according to you.
    So basically, nerf tanks, dont let them play their role, because some scrubs behave like mobs, they keep on beating on the tank lol.
    i'd say, raise average player IQ instead of trying to get tanks nerfed.

• ced30
    ced30
    ✭✭✭

what is wrong with you people, tank characters sacrified their dps to be able to survive, yet, they shouldnt be able to, according to you.
    So basically, nerf tanks, dont let them play their role, because some scrubs behave like mobs, once they're taunted, they don't let go of the tank lol.

• White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

what is wrong with you people, tank characters sacrified their dps to be able to survive, but they shouldnt according to you.
    So basically, nerf tanks, dont let them play their role, because some scrubs behave like mobs, they keep on beating on the tank lol.

No video as I don't feel the need to record everything I do on this game , plus I wouldn't sit here implying that most people are idiots as you just did with your comment , Magplars have been allowed to become cancerous with their builds in PvP and this and other things need to be addressed , but unfortunately Zos just ignores everything
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be succesfull as Blazplar it actually requaries skill. It´s not like you run in press shield and win. Reasourcemanagement as a blazplar is the difficult part. And u can´t spam ANY skill as a blazplar (comparing to other builds) Spamming=no reasources=instant death. And in a 1v1 situation blazplar is really weak against someone with a little brains who knows how to cc/stun/root etc...
  • ced30
    ced30
    ✭✭✭

No video as I don't feel the need to record everything I do on this game , plus I wouldn't sit here implying that most people are idiots as you just did with your comment , Magplars have been allowed to become cancerous with their builds in PvP and this and other things need to be addressed , but unfortunately Zos just ignores everything

blazeplars are not magplars, they are healthplar, hence their bad heals and low stam, they don't have same survivability as a magplar with malubeth and reactive armor,
    They are a treat only to noobs because they are harmless if you don't feed them dmg.
    this is a l2p issue.

Instead of making nerf blazeplar topics, you should focus on builds who can tank AND 2 shot people as well.