The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please nerf TrollPlars

evoprimes
evoprimes
✭✭✭
Hello Zenimax,

I would like a thorough explanation of how can you allow the following situation:

Imperial city, trying to capture one district. A trollplar stands there and I have absolutely no chance, no matter how skillful to bring him down.

How can you allow this huge imbalance through classes?

How can a player heal himself instantly at full life and do more damage as a nightblade?

Do you have any common sense at all?

How can a group of 7 or 8 player struggles with one trollplar? And you still do nothing.

Everybody puts a lot of effort in managing and building up their characters only to come in PvP and find a GOD CLASS.

Skill should matter in PvP, not BEING INVINCIBLE.

Do you even play this game or watch how people are struggling with these classes?

This is not acceptable by any kind of standard.

If you consider this situation normal, I really recommend to go over it again.

Best regards!
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l2p
  • evoprimes
    evoprimes
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. If a top nightblade and a top trollplar enters a duel they stand equal chances. Please go play Tetris. It's not normal to not allocate equal and balanced classes.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iiiiiiiis a trollplar just a BoL spammer or something else?
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bet he's talking about a blazing shield templar with malubeth xD
    EU | PC
  • evoprimes
    evoprimes
    ✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

Bingo. This is just bad from every angle. It's so unbalanced that it ruins the fun.
  • ced30
    ced30
    ✭✭✭
    i dont know if i should cry or laught at you..
    No-one escapes the chains!

Afro Nînja - magicka nb (DC)
    Silvester Staline - magicka nb (DC)
    It's a trâp - stam dk tank (DC)
    Lord Vuiton - Argonian blazing shield templar (Dc)

[Video] Major Trap! eso Stam Dk tank pvp => https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/302728/video-major-trap-eso-stam-dk-tank-pvp-episodes
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't stand in malubeth beams and heal them . Stay ranged and use interrupts often .

Malubeth was addressed and nerfed again for update 13 . Templars got several nerfs this coming patch . No more stun on blazing spears and Radient oppression nerfed . ZOS has addressed this issue . Whether it was a good change is debatable as they were not invincible . Players just had no clue how to avoid the malubeth by dodge roll and staying back .

A bunch of people Melee spamming a Trollplar is a huge L2P issue . That just feeds them more health . Anyways they got nerfed .
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the issue?
    Malucheese is getting fixed in next patch. (good)

If you have 7-8 players vs. 1 you can flip the flag then RP walk away. He can't do anything to you.

Umm...if a trollplar 1vx's you all (7-8) then, seriously, L2P.
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually op has a point and l2p is not an answer based on knowledge of the game and its mechanics.

i have literally watched ~12 players beat up on 1 guy and never take the guy past 95% health, he never lowered block, or ran out of magicka. that is not a l2p issue. that is an imbalance in the game. should a tank be able to take 1 or even 2 random guys hitting them? yes, 3 maybe. but 4+ players beating on someone should do more damage then they can regen + self heal themselves, drain thier stamina no matter if they are a fast ult regening dk tank.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    poisons. use them
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
    Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    actually op has a point and l2p is not an answer based on knowledge of the game and its mechanics.

i have literally watched ~12 players beat up on 1 guy and never take the guy past 95% health, he never lowered block, or ran out of magicka. that is not a l2p issue. that is an imbalance in the game. should a tank be able to take 1 or even 2 random guys hitting them? yes, 3 maybe. but 4+ players beating on someone should do more damage then they can regen + self heal themselves, drain thier stamina no matter if they are a fast ult regening dk tank.
    Erm...the OP is talking about a Blazing Shield "trollplar".
    Please show me a perma-blocking BS Templar.

If the OP and his/her 7 friends decide to eat the Shield with their faces then, yes, it's L2P.

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore_lai wrote: »

If the OP and his/her 7 friends decide to eat the Shield with their faces then, yes, it's L2P.

:D
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trollplars are really easy to bring down if you play the counters right and don't try to just face tank the shields. The take a while to burn down, but are basically target dummies if you stay ranged and use cc's:

1. Use magicka cost poisons - that 60% increase to his shield costs will give you a lot of open windows to get damage in
    2. Use fear every time his cc immunity wears off - this will make him decide between blocking or being able to break free
    3. Keep constant ranged pressure and time burst damage when the shield is down
    4. If all else fails, drag the boss to the flag to help you do damage, or grab a friend and just stand on the flag and turn it. He can't kill you if you don't face tank the shield!
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its funny because when DKs where doing the same thing they nerfed blocking. Think Shifting isnt the only double Standard for DKs.

• MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoprimes wrote: »

Bingo. This is just bad from every angle. It's so unbalanced that it ruins the fun.

Just range him, how hard can it be?
  • evoprimes
    evoprimes
    ✭✭✭

As your childish mind dictates logic, it's ok to offer a player the possibility to be practically immune to melee. That's L2P in your books.
  • evoprimes
    evoprimes
    ✭✭✭
    ced30 wrote: »

You really don't know what you're talking about. If you knew than you offered some answers, not a "flame" comment.
  • evoprimes
    evoprimes
    ✭✭✭

I fully agree. Tanking should be possible, yes. But being able to kill players with significant damage figures while invincible it's just insane. Everybody knows this issue, I am wondering when this will be addressed seriously. I really demand an OFFICIAL explanation from Zenimax regarding this class and build.
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As your childish mind dictates logic, it's ok to offer a player the possibility to be practically immune to melee. That's L2P in your books.

There is such thing as "counter-play". And you've been told what that is. If you willingly choose not to use it then it's on you.
    What's next? You'll be coming here QQ-ing that you cannot kill a DK that has wings up, by spamming Snipe?
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK wings getting another nerf and can only 4 attackers in a 4 secs time period....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry had to bring up the continued DK nerfs
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I fully agree. Tanking should be possible, yes. But being able to kill players with significant damage figures while invincible it's just insane. Everybody knows this issue, I am wondering when this will be addressed seriously. I really demand an OFFICIAL explanation from Zenimax regarding this class and build.

thats....not gonna happen.
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Durham - and yet people still die on DK wings. :D Goes to show...

Also. lol.
    I really demand an OFFICIAL explanation from Zenimax regarding this class and build.
  • binho
    binho
    ✭✭✭
    Templars are def overpowered!
    They simply refuse to die... very annoying :pensive:
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I am not sure which build for sure you are talking about but I have seen a couple yet have no issues with them. There are some that have blazing shield and damage but then the blazing shield is not that strong. As a templar my self; whenever I see BS, I get distance and range them down with dark flare. If their shield is so ridiculous that they do not take damage for a while; I know that they went all in and do not have much damage so I just ignore them and they can basically do nothing so long as no one is feeding their shield damage.

Every once in a while; you get one who has the monster set that pulls you in, but the same applies where you just range/dodge roll out. The AOE is not that big.

I would quit complaining about the class which really doesn't have much outside of healing. Bad CC. Bad mobility. They don't need the focus on what tankiness they have when they are forced to pretty much stay and eat it. Feel free to keep going after these dumb assed sets though.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That makes sense xD I love my templar in pvp, but I'd never make myself too hard to kill just to troll people. Kinda takes the fun out of things.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • evoprimes
    evoprimes
    ✭✭✭
    Kerioko wrote: »
    Trollplars are really easy to bring down if you play the counters right and don't try to just face tank the shields. The take a while to burn down, but are basically target dummies if you stay ranged and use cc's:

1. Use magicka cost poisons - that 60% increase to his shield costs will give you a lot of open windows to get damage in
    2. Use fear every time his cc immunity wears off - this will make him decide between blocking or being able to break free
    3. Keep constant ranged pressure and time burst damage when the shield is down
    4. If all else fails, drag the boss to the flag to help you do damage, or grab a friend and just stand on the flag and turn it. He can't kill you if you don't face tank the shield!

Thank you for your guidance.
  • Emencie
    Emencie
    ✭✭✭✭

Don't know what the build was but I have seen this. No less than 20 of us wailing on one templar who never even took damage. I swapped to WW form and feared her hoping we could kill her in that time period, we did some damage but no kill. She just instantly healed back up.

It was pretty insane. Eventually we started ignoring her completely but I still feel it makes no sense that a build like that is even allowed to exist.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emencie wrote: »

Don't know what the build was but I have seen this. No less than 20 of us wailing on one templar who never even took damage. I swapped to WW form and feared her hoping we could kill her in that time period, we did some damage but no kill. She just instantly healed back up.

It was pretty insane. Eventually we started ignoring her completely but I still feel it makes no sense that a build like that is even allowed to exist.

For the exact same reason a build can stack 20k dmg and only need a LA to proc it...
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ced30
    ced30
    ✭✭✭
    ced30 wrote: »

You really don't know what you're talking about. If you knew than you offered some answers, not a "flame" comment.

i know what i'm talking about, one of my chars is a 65khp blazing shield, with bloodspawn, i can be taken down quite easily, but the scrubs always fail and die to the shields, guess why.

By the way, if you can't kill him, why do you even try? he can't kill you if you dont dps him... makes sense?
    Edited by ced30 on January 21, 2017 7:26PM
    No-one escapes the chains!

Afro Nînja - magicka nb (DC)
    Silvester Staline - magicka nb (DC)
    It's a trâp - stam dk tank (DC)
    Lord Vuiton - Argonian blazing shield templar (Dc)

[Video] Major Trap! eso Stam Dk tank pvp => https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/302728/video-major-trap-eso-stam-dk-tank-pvp-episodes