Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Endless Requesting character load.

KingofAnnwn
KingofAnnwn
✭✭✭
Hello all,

For the past few days I've been having trouble logging in to my main character. (same name as my forum name) It just seems to be an endless loop. It started after I tried to load in to Shadowfen and got the dreaded endless loading screen. I created a second character in order to try a possible fix I'd read on the internet. I've tried deleting the save data on my console but to no avail. My second character logs in within a few seconds. I've reset my router and console numerous times. Opened all the ports required and nothing seems to work. I wouldn't mind so much if I was low level, but I've invested a few months in this particular character.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Regards,

Sean.
Xbox One (Very Rare)
DC - Gwenhwyfar Gwraig - Redguard Vamp Stamplar
DC - Kiarina Florcht - Redguard Stamden
PC
AD - Lilwen Haf - Altmer Mag Sorc
EP - Tarmena Diloren - Dunmer Magblade
DC - Eletti Ghellon - Redguard Stamblade
PS5
DC - Arianwen Adahl - Breton Magcro
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The past couple days have been problematic for everyone. It wasn't part of this bag of cats, was it? if so, it should be resolved as of this morning.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • KingofAnnwn
    KingofAnnwn
    ✭✭✭
    The past couple days have been problematic for everyone. It wasn't part of this bag of cats, was it? if so, it should be resolved as of this morning.

oops, forgot to mention I'm on EU and not NA, my bad
    Xbox One (Very Rare)
    PC
    PS5
  • Niktorius
    I've had the same problems in Shadowfen for the last week or so. Yesterday I played for like 10 hours only in Shadowfen without any issues.
    Then all of a sudden I got disconnected when zoning out of an quest instance and when I tried to log back I got stuck at 'requesting character load'.
    Since that bug had happened to me a ton of times the last week I said, f it and closed the game. Deleted the local file and turned of the xbox.

Now this morning when I try to log that character in. I'm still stuck at the 'requesting character load' and its freaking annoying!
    The game is so unstable on Xbox it's more or less a joke.

It doesn't make it any better that the first mail you get from support, is an automatic answer that tells you to open the ports, heck the other day I even got an email from support telling me to disable all my addons.....

Thankfully I've just started playing and have no problem just skip this game all together even if its fun when its playable, witch it is NOT atm.

Update: As on now 0930 GMT+1. I managed to log the character in and it is still In shadowfen. Now to cross my fingers that support don't just move my character to another area without checking that I'm already logged in....
    Edited by Niktorius on January 17, 2017 8:37AM
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I start the game, i get disconnected from the server due to long lasting loading screen between login screen and character selection screen. Since months.
  • KingofAnnwn
    KingofAnnwn
    ✭✭✭
    A bit of an update.

After opening this thread last night, I played my other character for a couple of hours. Thought I'd try the problematic one before going to sleep and it logged in pretty quickly. I can't remember where I was when the issue began I'm pretty sure I was in the southern area of the map. I was in Stormhold when it logged in. I'll check again later when I get in from work.

The only other issue I have now is that I'm starting to enjoy playing my Altmer mag sorc too much :D

Edited by KingofAnnwn on January 17, 2017 9:46AM
    Xbox One (Very Rare)
    PC
    PS5
  • Niktorius
    Another update here.
    I was playing all good in Shadowfen, picket up my crafting quests, turned them in and wanted to head back to shadowfen to finish off 4 more quests to finish off the achievement. But the game hates me, so now I can't zone in again.....(probably cause you are there KingofAnnwn hehe).

Anyway, they better fix this, cause it's just so much I can take of this stuff!
  • KingofAnnwn
    KingofAnnwn
    ✭✭✭
    Another update.

I played for a couple of hours last night on my main character in Shadowfen. No issues at all with loading. Only a little bit of lag when I was at the Leafwater Dolmen, but there was at least 10 of us. Hopefully it's fixed, for now at least....
    Xbox One (Very Rare)
    PC
    PS5
  • Niktorius
    Ditto. Haven't had many issues in Shadowfen the last day either.
  • SimWoo
    SimWoo
    I can not travel to Stormhaven at all, by wayshrine or travel to player. Endless load screens for everyone, yay!

Sever - EU , Character name - Visenya Dark Sister , location - Wrothgar, traders road.

Hopefully can get it fixed? I would like to do pledges sometime today..............
    It isn’t fair: the caterpillar does all the work, and the butterfly gets all the glory. - George Carlin
  • mad0ni0n
    mad0ni0n
    ✭✭✭
    SimWoo wrote: »
    I can not travel to Stormhaven at all, by wayshrine or travel to player. Endless load screens for everyone, yay!

Sever - EU , Character name - Visenya Dark Sister , location - Wrothgar, traders road.

Hopefully can get it fixed? I would like to do pledges sometime today..............

I know that this isn't exactly a solution but you could just go to mournhold to pick up the pledges for now.
  • CompactVirus
    My characters logged out in stormhaven, I am receiving the endless request character load now.. I have tried every character and the only one I can log into is my crafter (in craglorn) which I've already completed my writs on.. it has nothing else to offer by playing it so I'm pretty much stuck. I've never seen this problem before so don't know what could cause it, my only thoughts are that zenimax are the only company I know of who know they have a broken game and instead of fixing it, they consistently make it worse :( at least they are consistent I guess.......
  • Fidget
    Fidget
    As of 01/19/17...this issue is still occurring on both the EU & NA Servers...from my experience it occurs when attempting to load into Malabal Tor...either traveling by Wayshrine or through in-game door. Even if I load into another character and then back to my main...its the same result.
    Edited by Fidget on January 20, 2017 6:48PM
    "If you got lock problems...I feel bad for you son...I got 99 picks, but I just need one."
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's impossible for me to log in today.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -