Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Help with Magplar PvE DPS sets

thomas1970b16_ESO
thomas1970b16_ESO
✭✭✭
Hello,

I have a CP 600+ Magplar High Elf and am wondering about sets to use once next update hits.

I am not much for farming, so mainly BoE sets and crafted sets is what I want to use.

I have Grothdarr and Skoria 2-piece. I also have Kena shoulder.

What would be best for 4-man veteran hm content and soloing world bosses?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twice born star,necropotence,spinners are what I'm using on magblades
  • thomas1970b16_ESO
    thomas1970b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Why Necropotence? Am I missing something?
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can use Julianos + Willpower and then either grothdar + random weapons (or torugs DW, but i guess lightning/healing-staff will be better for soloing) or you use 1x kena + 2x torugs/magnus/whatever. You can also use 4x necropotence/shadowdancer instead of willpower+ randomstaffs.
    TBS is worse than julianos and spinners is not really usefull for group- and open-world-content. 5x necropotence is just useless on magplars.
    Noobplar
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burning Spellweave is best in slot on a Magplar in my experience, especially if you're running Grothdarr (which you probably should be, even after the patch). I personally run 5 Burning Spellweave, 5 Julianos, and 2 Grothdarr. I know you asked for mostly BoE and crafted sets, but farming 3 jewelry pieces and 2 body pieces in Burning Spellweave is pretty manageable.

If you're not feeling up for that, and/or if you want to switch to Lightning staff next patch, then you could swap Burning Spellweave for Mother's Sorrow.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Forget mothers sorrow....it's bad for 4-man-content now and even worse in next patch.
    Noobplar
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mojmir was referring to Magicka Nightblades, not Magicka Templars:
    If we're talking about Magblades here, then yes, Necropotence is a strong set. But it's useless for Magplars.

• DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Forget grothdarr. 5 bsw + 5 Moondancer and 2x willpower swords.

Fully buffed in overland. No spc.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DR X Harbinger/screenshot/5529299
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If we're talking about Magblades here, then yes, Necropotence is a strong set. But it's useless for Magplars.

Sorry,it was late when I posted that. I use soulshine/tbs on one templar,julianos/spinners on the other.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well 5 TBS/ Julianos, 5 Burning Spellweave (easily farmed in CoA1), + favorite monster head & shoulder. You can't really get around having to combine your sets with looted ones if you intend to live up to DD role for this patch.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well 5 TBS/ Julianos, 5 Burning Spellweave (easily farmed in CoA1), + favorite monster head & shoulder. You can't really get around having to combine your sets with looted ones if you intend to live up to DD role for this patch.

Problem with BSW is it only affects 2 skills for templar,sure it buffs inferno WOE but you'd be better buffing sweeps with soulshine.
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry,it was late when I posted that. I use soulshine/tbs on one templar,julianos/spinners on the other.
    It was an honest mistake. We're all only human here.

Problem with BSW is it only affects 2 skills for templar,sure it buffs inferno WOE but you'd be better buffing sweeps with soulshine.
    I really don't want to sound like I'm going after you here, but BSW actually applies to all of your skills, since it just straight-up adds 600 Spell Damage. Silks of the Sun is the one that only boosts Fire. BSW can only proc off of Fire damage, but that's not hard at all to do with its awesome 20% proc chance. Especially if you're running Grothdarr (which you almost certainly should be).
    Edited by EldritchPenguin on January 15, 2017 7:22AM

• WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use Burning Spellweave, Julianos, and grothdarr on my deeps.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really don't want to sound like I'm going after you here, but BSW actually applies to all of your skills, since it just straight-up adds 600 Spell Damage. Silks of the Sun is the one that only boosts Fire. BSW can only proc off of Fire damage, but that's not hard at all to do with its awesome 20% proc chance. Especially if you're running Grothdarr (which you almost certainly should be).

I get that,but like I menttioned,sweeps is your main spammable and RO is also a channel so you have your execute buffed as well. Soulshine is a constant uptime,where as bsw still needs the proc. The bit of extra health is nice,and it's harder to get a BSW wep farming :wink:

Either way,both are solid options.
    Edited by Mojmir on January 15, 2017 5:30PM
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get that,but like I menttioned,sweeps is your main spammable and RO is also a channel so you have your execute buffed as well. Soulshine is a constant uptime,where as bsw still needs the proc. The bit of extra health is nice,and it's harder to get a BSW wep farming :wink:

Oh, yeah. Screw BSW weapon farming. I just decided not to even bother with that, so I'm using Julianos on 3 body and 2 swords, and BSW on 2 body and 3 jewelry. Works pretty well, and it wasn't too hard to get.

I might have to try Soulshine at some point, but isn't it a heavy set? That seems like a bit of a no-go for me.
    Edited by EldritchPenguin on January 15, 2017 6:14PM

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, yeah. Screw BSW weapon farming. I just decided not to even bother with that, so I'm using Julianos on 3 body and 2 swords, and BSW on 2 body and 3 jewelry. Works pretty well, and it wasn't too hard to get.

I might have to try Soulshine at some point, but isn't it a heavy set? That seems like a bit of a no-go for me.

I run jewels/weps since sweeps and RO are on dual wield bar I only need the channel buff on that bar. I wondering about actually switching things around and replacing TBS with BSW.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I run jewels/weps since sweeps and RO are on dual wield bar I only need the channel buff on that bar. I wondering about actually switching things around and replacing TBS with BSW.

soulshine is bad for pve, bc you loose 3k+ magicka and another small setbonus (HP) bc of bad jewelry-traits and this HP-setbonus. i'd replace it with something else like bsw, aether, moondancer, mothers sorrow etc
    Noobplar
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

soulshine is bad for pve, bc you loose 3k+ magicka and another small setbonus (HP) bc of bad jewelry-traits and this HP-setbonus. i'd replace it with something else like bsw, aether, moondancer, mothers sorrow etc

The OP stated they are not much for farming,soulshine is way more easily attainable then anything mentioned,aside from mother's sorrow. The other sets you mentioned are exclusive to instanced dungeons/trials and can't even be vendored.most likely without farming,the best option would be just crafted gear.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

The OP stated they are not much for farming,soulshine is way more easily attainable then anything mentioned,aside from mother's sorrow. The other sets you mentioned are exclusive to instanced dungeons/trials and can't even be vendored.most likely without farming,the best option would be just crafted gear.

Even then...3x Willpower/arcane + 2x torugs is on par if not even stronger than soulshine for pve...
    Noobplar
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine is bad for pve and here is why: the jewelry is Healthy trait, the armor type is heavy armor.

It could be possible to do with 3 jewelry, 1 weapon and 1 armor piece, to avoid loosing the Undaunted mettle, but it's still a resource loss regarding the jewelry pieces. The build is also inferior compared to that of Burning Spell Weave.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Julianos on a magplar is worth 376 minimum spell damage, self buffed on a magplar. Plus you have 6% more crit and 4k spell pen going light and extra magika and all abilities are buffed. Soulshine isn't worth it at all, just like sun set on a DK. Both trash.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!