The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The Legend of Zergborn (Video)

• Mako1132
    Mako1132
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Mako1132 wrote: »
    Since you've come back to the game as a guild.

Not to single you out, I'd say the majority of the guilds in the game do the same thing. Haxus does similar, I've just never had them drop ults to kill just me.

I hate to say man, I've led almost every group since our return and I've never called an ult dump on you :/
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    Mako1132 wrote: »
    Since you've come back to the game as a guild.

Not to single you out, I'd say the majority of the guilds in the game do the same thing. Haxus does similar, I've just never had them drop ults to kill just me.

Focusing you is one thing, you are a great player and whoever you are with is much easier to kill after you die, but saying we chase you, and only you, with negates and destro ults is bull ***, I want proof of that claim because it certainly hasn't happened while I've been in the group.

It happens. I'm not mad or anything just saying. I have too much footage to effectively search it for specific moments like this without a date at least. I may not even have a recording of it, but when I'm home i'll take a quick glance.

On the topic of tactics vs good manners, it depends really. Are you there to have fun, or accomplish something? Even if you're there to accomplish something there can come a point where you have to throw in the towel and just fight for some fun.

I recall a night at Bleakers where there was a Hagnado and Venatus group, with Haxus and a lot of EP pugs on one side and VE and a lot of DC pugs (maybe LOM) on the other side. We had a lot of fun going back and forth between both groups, but never tried to chase them down. If we knew they were on camp cooldown we left to let them res. The fights weren't even laggy from what I can recall, and I wish that could have just continued the rest of the night honestly.
  • Ellwin
    Ellwin
    ✭✭
    ladyshadow wrote: »
    Everything was awesome!!!

Until the ending... </3 </3 </3

Never knew it could hurt so hard :'(

Upon closer inspection, I don't think we are even featured in the video outside of the ending lol.

No, they kill 5 of us at Ash mile gate. I blame Zheg.

The ending was rather unnecessary, and doesn't paint haxus in a good light

In all fainess though, VE will Xv1 anyone. maybe it feels good to give it back sometimes

If you only knew the number of times I've wiped the main Haxus group and then told my guys to let the stragglers go.

Most of the time that I end up hunting Haxus down to the last man is when I say, "Let em be," because there's not a ton of them and there's no glory chasing that fight; and the next thing I know they're trying to ass-jam my current fight with a destro bomb. Assuming I live, I'll then Xv1 the scattered remnants because I can't abide bad manners ;)

it may happen more when your not around but we have spent the last month getting hit by VE only after we wiped the group there hiding behind when there not 24 man strong. im not complaining but it think its fair to say noone should throw tactics out in pvp for the sake of good manners

It's weird, I feel like that's how you guys get most of your wipes on me! There was one particularly bad night where we were fencing with 30-40 PM and literally every push we made on them, you guys made a full destro bomb on the backline and wiped us off the face of Tamriel. Or hell, 2 nights ago when I was kiting around a bunch of AD open field and Haxus kept circling, charged in for a full bomb on me (ignoring the AD group), extracted, and circled to rinse and repeat. Or outside bleakers when I'm kiting 50 reds and you guys side swipe me with 6-7 destros I can't effectively get out of, etc.

And, I get it. Our guilds have a long-running sometimes hot-blooded sometimes frenemy-style rivalry. I'd hit me too, and I don't really get mad at those kinds of deaths anymore, silly meta is silly. But I would ask you to consider the spot it leaves me in as lead: if I leave you alone, you will likely bomb me when I'm doing something else, and in this meta that can mean a full group wipe given how destructive destro ult is. If I chase you down, I almost assuredly outnumber you, and it will end up with me Xv1ing you one at a time as you kite until you're all dead. I don't like that either.

Sooooo... yeah. I don't exactly have good options. I play to win but I try to give consideration and respect to rivals when I can. That is all I ask in return.

so you would like us to wait for you to kill everyone so we can 24vs12?

Edited by Ellwin on January 17, 2017 11:34PM
    Dracarys

Ellwin AD nightblade (DIE)
    Ellwín EP Sorc
    Ellwîn EP Templar
    Ellwìn EP Nightblade
    Ellwïn EP Dragonknight

WKB's Winner of Quakcon
    Worlds First HM Hell Ra Clear
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Upon closer inspection, I don't think we are even featured in the video outside of the ending lol.

In all fainess though, VE will Xv1 anyone. maybe it feels good to give it back sometimes

If you only knew the number of times I've wiped the main Haxus group and then told my guys to let the stragglers go.

Most of the time that I end up hunting Haxus down to the last man is when I say, "Let em be," because there's not a ton of them and there's no glory chasing that fight; and the next thing I know they're trying to ass-jam my current fight with a destro bomb. Assuming I live, I'll then Xv1 the scattered remnants because I can't abide bad manners ;)

it may happen more when your not around but we have spent the last month getting hit by VE only after we wiped the group there hiding behind when there not 24 man strong. im not complaining but it think its fair to say noone should throw tactics out in pvp for the sake of good manners

It's weird, I feel like that's how you guys get most of your wipes on me! There was one particularly bad night where we were fencing with 30-40 PM and literally every push we made on them, you guys made a full destro bomb on the backline and wiped us off the face of Tamriel. Or hell, 2 nights ago when I was kiting around a bunch of AD open field and Haxus kept circling, charged in for a full bomb on me (ignoring the AD group), extracted, and circled to rinse and repeat. Or outside bleakers when I'm kiting 50 reds and you guys side swipe me with 6-7 destros I can't effectively get out of, etc.

And, I get it. Our guilds have a long-running sometimes hot-blooded sometimes frenemy-style rivalry. I'd hit me too, and I don't really get mad at those kinds of deaths anymore, silly meta is silly. But I would ask you to consider the spot it leaves me in as lead: if I leave you alone, you will likely bomb me when I'm doing something else, and in this meta that can mean a full group wipe given how destructive destro ult is. If I chase you down, I almost assuredly outnumber you, and it will end up with me Xv1ing you one at a time as you kite until you're all dead. I don't like that either.

Sooooo... yeah. I don't exactly have good options. I play to win but I try to give consideration and respect to rivals when I can. That is all I ask in return.

No. You do what you gotta do to get the win, I won't whisper thee hate for it or post about it on the forum. I'm not telling you my side to get you to change tactics, I'm trying to explain how I see my options as lead and why I find the angst over it somewhat silly. If you want to be that small group waiting for the right time to wipe me out, AWESOME, but you can't also get salty at me for understanding what you're doing and taking steps to avoiding it: I.E., engaging your group, forcing you to engage in an fight that does not favor you, and then Xv1ing you down as you kite/scatter so that you can't recondense and bomb me.

Soooo yeah. If you don't mind, I don't mind, that's the dance! But I dont think that's the case. I don't think there's a resolution to be had but it's an interesting conversation if nothing else.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure you can use the 12 man excuse anymore when nearly every fight in both Nihilos video and Izanerys videos are 15+ and one scene from Nihilos is 18, which I am sure is not the norm for you. Lately, VE hasn't even been running 24 in group but I'm sure it will pick up again soon. Lot of new trainees, so still sorting them out so the relative strength of the group changes depending on how many core are present.

Back to does VE Xv1? Sometimes. If it's someone that trash talks, yes. If we have somewhere to be, no. Lot of times if you get off your horse to go chase a squirrel, you will get yelled at and you will be left behind by the people who can actually stay mounted while you are forever in combat. Many times we are riding right past people or along side them.

I know personally there are many times that I engage in some zerg surfing in groups of 1-4 or so because you can't realistically take a keep or do anything productive on the map, you can resource farm sometimes if you don't get 40 people to respond immediately.

I'm sure everything that I've just said applies to Haxus as well, since there's be dozens of times that I've been chased 100s of meters and Xv1'd by Haxus.

Not mad, that's just the game.

Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get salty when you poke a group and then get xv1ed by them, you are a strange person.
  • Fyaal
    Fyaal
    ✭✭✭

Id just like to point out here that Steve admitted (albeit backhandedly) that Haxus doesn't have that many people.
    Fyaal - EP Stam DK Grand Overlord
    Invictus
    Nexus Haxus
    Hijinx
    IR
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fyaal wrote: »

Id just like to point out here that Steve admitted (albeit backhandedly) that Haxus doesn't have that many people.

That I run full raids and you rarely get to or over 16 is hardly controversial.

And I didn't mean it in a backhanded way. I think we both know where we stand when we find the other on open ground. I usually have the numbers and skill to make a straight up fight very difficult for you to win, and you guys have the skill and firepower to wipe me out if you catch me in the right spot.

I greatly miss the old Nexus and Rage days where we could go head to head with even numbers of skilled players. I both dislike feeling the bully for chasing down a smaller raid and feeling like I have to handicap myself to make a fair fight.

Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost