Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where to farm nirncrux?

akl77
akl77
✭✭✭✭✭
Is it still upper Craglorn only? Or is it everywhere now in Craglorn? Farmed all over today and got none.
Pc na

Best Answers

• Wizball1987
    Wizball1987
    ✭✭✭
    Used to be only upper..but i think it changed to all
    Answer ✓
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it drops all over Crag but its very hard to find,some days you get nothing and some 3-4-farm there every day for 1-2 hours
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

Answer ✓
  • Victoria_Marquis
    Victoria_Marquis
    ✭✭✭
    This is such a rare drops that like the Mimic stones, it to should be an item you can purchase in the Crown Store as a Trait Mimic stones....
    We would rather support ESO, then give gold farmers 100k gold in game for one Nirncrux...
    Some times you can find them in guild stores for around 5-20k for one, have to really shop around to get a decent price....
    Answer ✓
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you wander through Craglorn and focus only in farming clothing, woodworking and Blacksmithing nodes you will find some of them for sure...

I cannot say exact numbers for obvious reasons, but when i go farm nodes (for writs purpose) sometimes i find 1/2 in half hour, other times i dont get so lucky ... but i rarely finish a 1~2 hours farming without finding at least one.

If it helps, i run Harvest Map add on, in which i pinpoint these specific nodes and like i said... i focus on the farming and not wasting time killing mobs and other stuff (although killing mobs helps me with medium armor mats too ;) )

EDIT: The add-on will not help since you play in PS4 but ... :cold_sweat:
    Edited by miteba on January 13, 2017 2:36AM
    Answer ✓
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i really only find it in surveys but then it is nigh automatic
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't farm in Craglorn a lot but in my life I had found 1 potent nirncrux. Last night, 3 of them. Crazy.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is such a rare drops that like the Mimic stones, it to should be an item you can purchase in the Crown Store as a Trait Mimic stones....
    We would rather support ESO, then give gold farmers 100k gold in game for one Nirncrux...
    Some times you can find them in guild stores for around 5-20k for one, have to really shop around to get a decent price....

Don't know where you shop, 15k potent and 10k fortified. Which isn't to bad considering how rare they are. Even the Atherial Dust has come down to 100K on console.
  • RazielDERF
    RazielDERF
    ✭✭✭
    Your best option to receive anything Nirn is to not limit it to only farming. You should also do as many blacksmith writs as possible too. This will increase the likely chances of attaining them.
  • Victoria_Marquis
    Victoria_Marquis
    ✭✭✭

Stopnaggin wrote: »

Don't know where you shop, 15k potent and 10k fortified. Which isn't to bad considering how rare they are. Even the Atherial Dust has come down to 100K on console.

We are on XB1, But we shop around to find the best deals, even go to the poor shops out in Timbuktu... You can find them for 5k now and then.
    Still wish the developers would bring in a world linked Auction Houses in every city, it's a pain in the ass to have to hop around the world trying to find and search every guild store for items...
    It would be so much efficient to go to one centralized location Auction House to shop for everything..
  • wildx
    wildx
    Curious what it looks like while farming. I've personally never located one.
  • TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭
    I found 5 in craglorn 3-4 days ago of just an hour farming RnG was good to me

PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC

Playing on PS4 NA
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgl7fwlj61ro2d43.gif
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wildx wrote: »
    Curious what it looks like while farming. I've personally never located one.

It just looks like a normal Cloth/Wood/Metal node. There is no way to know it has a nirncux in it until you open node. The nirncux will show up as a bonus item in addition to the raw materials.
  • Techkey1
    Techkey1
    ✭✭
    I found 5 in craglorn 3-4 days ago of just an hour farming RnG was good to me

WOW!
    CP 477 | Dark Elf | Dragon Knight DPS | Ebonheart Pact | Solo Player | No alts

More of a solo player. Learning to be more guild social lol. LOVING THE MORROWIND EXPANSION!!!

ESO PC NA

Love is what I know.
    Life is what I live.
    Death I will never see.
    Immortality awaits me.
  • nodulo
    nodulo
    ✭✭✭
    miteba wrote: »
    If you wander through Craglorn and focus only in farming clothing, woodworking and Blacksmithing nodes you will find some of them for sure...

I cannot say exact numbers for obvious reasons, but when i go farm nodes (for writs purpose) sometimes i find 1/2 in half hour, other times i dont get so lucky ... but i rarely finish a 1~2 hours farming without finding at least one.

If it helps, i run Harvest Map add on, in which i pinpoint these specific nodes and like i said... i focus on the farming and not wasting time killing mobs and other stuff (although killing mobs helps me with medium armor mats too ;) )

EDIT: The add-on will not help since you play in PS4 but ... :cold_sweat:

I bolded this as in my experience this is spot on and in fact occasionally in a two hour span it will be two or three.
    Now keep in mind this is all thrown out the window if you have to fight over nodes in over-farmed areas for example like the Shada's Tear circuit.
    Good luck and persistence will pay-off.
  • wildx
    wildx
    Didnt realize I already had 9 of these in my craft bag. Not bad
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    on the UESP.NET site it says crafting nodes, but everybody here has referenced BS/CL/WW nodes. So would they not be found in AL/EN/PR type nodes like water & runestones & such? I've gotten about 3 total in the past, but they were by accident, I noticed them in my bag later on. But today is the first time I've gone to Craglorn and actually made a point of farming for them. I've found mundane, heartwood, bast, several rekutas, and even nirnroots, but no nirncrux after about 2-3 hours farming...

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fgoron2000 wrote: »
    on the UESP.NET site it says crafting nodes, but everybody here has referenced BS/CL/WW nodes. So would they not be found in AL/EN/PR type nodes like water & runestones & such? I've gotten about 3 total in the past, but they were by accident, I noticed them in my bag later on. But today is the first time I've gone to Craglorn and actually made a point of farming for them. I've found mundane, heartwood, bast, several rekutas, and even nirnroots, but no nirncrux after about 2-3 hours farming...

Correct, only ore/wood/cloth nodes are where you can find nirncrux.

Nirncrux will also drop very rarely on Craglorn animals that drop hides (both overland and in dungeons). I've only had this happen to me twice in the game ... since Craglorn debuted as a zone in May 2014.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hey i am not even finding it in anything in craglorn since Homestead, even surveys. have run about ten surveys there after HS and not one.

So,now i just use the gold to buy it instead.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    You gotta understand. The drop rate prior to one tamriel for nirn was 1 in 200. They doubled that drop rate with one tamriel to 1 in 100. So they went from a 0.5% chance of a drop to a 1% chance. Yeah still garbage. I've had days where RNG loves me and I find 5 or 6 in two hours. Once even had both a potent and fortified on one ancestor silk. But I've had far more times where I get nothing even after two hours. Now i buy it. Not worth my time farming it for how cheap it sells for now
    Edited by Jciampi on March 2, 2017 10:46AM
  • caultdweller409
    caultdweller409
    Soul Shriven
    Stopnaggin wrote: »

I sell 6k for Fortified and 13k for Potent
  • caultdweller409
    caultdweller409
    Soul Shriven
    Hit me up if you want some I sell cheap
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    RazielDERF wrote: »
    Your best option to receive anything Nirn is to not limit it to only farming. You should also do as many blacksmith writs as possible too. This will increase the likely chances of attaining them.
    Although I don't know how many "blacksmith writs" that my characters have completed -- probably well over 1000 ordinary writs, at least 50 Master writs -- the one thing that I can assure you is that the reward container for completing any crafting writ has never contained any nirncrux. Period.

They are found only by gathering crafting materials from nodes in Craglorn (and in no other zone of Tamriel).

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy thread necro, @Shadowshire ... did you see the dates of these posts?
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RazielDERF wrote: »
    Although I don't know how many "blacksmith writs" that my characters have completed -- probably well over 1000 ordinary writs, at least 50 Master writs -- the one thing that I can assure you is that the reward container for completing any crafting writ has never contained any nirncrux. Period.

They are found only by gathering crafting materials from nodes in Craglorn (and in no other zone of Tamriel).

I would assume this poster meant to do writs for the increased chance in getting a Craglorn survey. Survey nodes do, in fact, have a chance to drop nirncrux, and it might even be at the increased rate of the raw materials. I found nirncrux on one of my survey nodes and got six, yes SIX, potent crux off a single node (not the whole survey site, just a single "rich" node).

Outside of that, you are correct in that you will not get nirncrux as an item in your writ reward container.
    Edited by Feric51 on December 11, 2017 7:42PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Tieberion
    Tieberion
    ✭✭✭
    Tried farming with my buddy for three days now, 3-4 hours at a time and only gotten 1. But I see a ton of bots on automate using 3 to 6 nodes around a safe route harvesting and repeating, so that could be a big problem of why and where'd they go now.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Way easier to go farm a bit of gold and buy them.

rip decibel
  • Tieberion
    Tieberion
    ✭✭✭
    The bots farming it are bad. Had some level 4s running it this morning. A high end area like that should have a minimum level cap
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tieberion wrote: »
    The bots farming it are bad. Had some level 4s running it this morning. A high end area like that should have a minimum level cap

Originally it was VR1, and Upper Craglorn, where nirn could be found, the mobs were VR13.

If anyone can go to Craglorn then they should at least make it so that nirn only drops from top level nodes - so a level 4 bot farmer with no skill points put into crafting would only see iron ore and not get any nirn.
  • darjobuno
    darjobuno
    ✭✭✭
    Okay I'm done trying to farm this stupid *** just so I can get to the 9th trait of crafting. I spent 2 hours straight farming node after node after node. 2 hours of grinding and got ZERO NOTHING NADA. This drop rate needs to be nerfed big time. All it is good for is to feed the beast that is the Traders. Most of whom just turn around and sell their gold for $$. Folks can disagree with me. Call me a whiney arse I don't care. ZOS/Bethesda sorry I refuse to feed the beast that is the bottom feeders of gaming who do nothing but play for profit. It is just as bad to me as people who pirate games and movies. While I am at it I hope you know that there are people who are buying cheap game accounts then leveling up an character to max level in a few days then reselling the accounts for profit. Again this cheapens the game content and the pool of players the folks that play the game for enjoyment have to join up with.

Going to crawl back under my rock again and try to work around the BS that is bottom feeding gaming.
    No longer swimming upstream
  • Tieberion
    Tieberion
    ✭✭✭
    Try to stay ahead of the bots and the high CP players that have farm programs running.
    Drop rates still low, in just over 5 hours farming I have 5 fortified and only 1 Potent.