The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Lest we forget about the loyal subscription members.

UniversalHealthcare
I have a few questions/concerns pertaining to the acknowledgment/appreciation of individuals who shill out that hearty $15 a month because we love(and to support) ESO. Other than the original perks(10% research, xp, etc), which towards end game tend to lose a lot of their punch, I feel as if its been a while since any noticeable perk was given to those of us who subscribe. The last boon if you will, would have been the crafting bag. And don't get me wrong, its perfect. Exactly the type of thing subscribers should get for any game. Id be lost without it. Yet, it;s been a while since the crafting bag has been released.

Yes, we get free DLC. And that's a big plus. But with as often as(and how cheap) the dlc goes on sale for, it almost isn't worth noting that as rewarding. And considering half the patches you drop now are free, it tends to be a little lackluster. Yes, we get 1500 crowns a month, but with mounts climbing up into the $50 dollar range, we still tend to have to buy crowns for items we really want.

I have been eagerly looking forward to housing since it was first mentioned. And I am all around impressed with the job you peeps have done with it. And while being able to place double the amount of items in a home is certainly nice, it doesn't really have that stand out feeling i was hoping to get for subscribed members with this patch. 700 items in a manor is a lot. But i was devastated when i read through and found no mannequins mentioned. I can understand your view of not wanting to link bank space to chest in houses. But everybody wants to be able to display that nice golded out armor set they worked tirelessly to get. Or those nice monster helms they got off of the bosses themselves.

So here is my suggestion. Do with it what you will. :p

Mannequins for subscribed members. Make them lock to a set if you have to. Make it so we only get 10 in a home. But a nice armor stand displaying that golden alkosh gear and weapons situated beside my throne would be mighty rewarding. And get a few people to subscribe to the game for it. I would. But maybe that's just me.

Or a way to place some trophy's or collectibles you achieved in game into your home. I kept both loot items from defeating vHRC HM, and vSO HM on my toon for months, just to sit them on a shelf in my house. Uber sad when i found out i couldn't.

Regardless of what it is, I feel as if the subscribed members are due for another boon. While 700 sweetrolls in my manor sounds amazing, it just doesn't feel unique. And as all businesses know, reliable income numbers are more beneficial than the possibility of a crown store purchase. Thousands of games out there, and i only subscribe to yours.

Thanks for reading. All in all, I love the game and the hard work you all put into it. Don't let the negativity on the forums weigh you down.
  • H4RDFOX
    H4RDFOX
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it should be limited to subscribers, but I do believe we are due for some sort of appreciation gift. What I was interested in the housing update was the ability to place certain trophies on shelves and what not, turns it I can't. That should be included with the update, but I understand the problems of placement and possible clipping of certain objects.

It would be a great addition to this system if you could add monsters defeated, like head mounts, but that could be something in the near future. What good is a home if you can't display your achievements to your friends who visit?
    #NoEasyProps
    Options
  • UniversalHealthcare
    They have bust you obtain for defeating bosses of dungeons. And marble ones for trial bosses i believe. But a stand to place the mask itself would be wonderful. But yes, i feel as if the perks for subscribers they are tossing out seem tacked on, instead of "thanks for subscribing".
    Options
  • Dev
    Dev
    ✭✭✭✭
    They already have a plan for the loyal subscriber: They will nerf the game into the ground until they all quit.

I used to be a loyal subscriber like you, until i took a U13 to the knee

Options
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are very few MMOs that actually reward anything for subbing.

ESO is already ahead in this regard by giving you access to DLC, giving you crowns, extra gold and XP, AND a limitless crafting bag.

At this point, I feel it's selfish to ask for more than that. Count your blessings and accept what you have, don't keep pushing for more.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on January 12, 2017 8:06AM
    Argonian forever
    Options
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would it be nice to get a "perk" pertaining to housing? Of course, but after our ice wraith, dwemer sphere, tiger senche, (beta monkey) it's crown crates or GFTO. I had a moment the other day when someone asked where I got my dwemer sphere pet, and it is those moments that a loyalty program was built on, but that's the past loyalty and the future loyalty/envy is "CRATES". The whales must be doing it for them because they keep milking it. Not that I hate the crown store, but crates are... sleazy is a strong word, but they disappoints me. They are too effective and the potential to shift resources away from game content and into the money maker is a real risk I see. I just want to see all of Tamriel! (And play war against other people.... but that is also not getting any real love anymore... I digress)

There's a good chance that if they can figure out a way to add sub loyalty rewards back in (enough envy) they'll get more people who sub but also still shop in the crown store. I imagine they are too stretched thin to bother.
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me personally, I am very appreciative of my crafting bag every single time I log into the game. It really is the gift that keeps on giving (or taking?). If it was the only thing we received I would be more than happy enough, but we get much more. I don't think we need constant acknowledge and thanks for being subscribers. We're certainly appreciated already.

If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • Molec
    Molec
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS have been perfectly clear on their direction with ESO, for as long as *** fund them with crown store purchases there will always be a major lack of decent playable DLC in game. As a result the game lacks end game PVE and ZOS would rather you go on an endless grind searching for 'X Destruction Staff' instead of exploring DLC expansion areas that could have been created. People are happy to invest ungodly amounts of time here but ZOS aren't rewarding dedicated players enough and as a result people turn away from the game with a sour taste in the mouth.
    PC-EU 666cp+

Molec - Dunmer Magika Sorc
    Lucius Bal - Altmer Magika DK
    Avborh - Breton Magika Templar
    Skorun - Altmer Magika NB
    Darum-Zar - Khajiit Stamina DK
    Nephi Dagon - Argonian Mag Templar
    Warden of Red Mountain - Bosmer Stamina Warden
    Warden of Dagoth-Ur - Altmer Magika Warden

George Carlin — "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
    Options
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting bags. Best perk ever. As long as I can keep my Crafting Bag & there won't be any non-sub-version of it, I'm fine with the way it is now.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
    Options
  • S'yn
    S'yn
    ✭✭✭
    ESO plus memberships are basically fine. I would like to see some sort of active player based loyalty reward system though. If you have had an account for a year, you get this X mount, account for 2 years gives you a vanity pet, special title, whatever.... nothing major though.

I agree that many of the recent DLC have been short on explorable content. Housing will be a giant time/gold sink, but let's face it- none of Homestead is going to make anyone's character more powerful or add skill points.

Every class has something good, and something they suck at. I'm okay with that, it makes class choice meaningful. But please don't take the one thing we're good at and make us suck at that too.... Then the only thing we are left being good at is generating AP for other classes. I'm already skill capped at that...
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double crowns/month
    Options
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel that sub perks are pretty balanced - crafting bag is awesome, but you can play without it.

I would love, though, if we get some cosmetics - mount, pet, decorations, costume, whatever - if we keep continuous sub for year or more.
    Options
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Double crowns/month

I agree with this. 1500 used to be enough, but the prices have gone so high you'll need to save up 3 months to ride a horse with horns.
    Options
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that crafting bag is Godlike best +eso feature
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @UniversalHealthcare

The crafting bag is a boon that keeps on giving. Heck, it is golden, and you want more?

The crafting bag is enough, well, until they give us an armory,
    Edited by idk on January 14, 2017 5:22AM
    Options
  • UniversalHealthcare
    @UniversalHealthcare

The crafting bag is a boon that keeps on giving. Heck, it is golden, and you want more?

Which is basically what i said in my original statement. I love the crafting bag and its a perfect example of what subscribers deserve. And the mannequins would be my armory. :p

I just think its time for an upgrade to perks for subscription members, or another boon released.
    Options
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @UniversalHealthcare

Which is basically what i said in my original statement. I love the crafting bag and its a perfect example of what subscribers deserve. And the mannequins would be my armory. :p

I just think its time for an upgrade to perks for subscription members, or another boon released.

At what point will it be before non-subscriber just feel like the game isn't worth playing any more due to how many benefits are getting locked behind the sub bonuses?

I can already see house storage becoming a sub perk and at that point I will indefinitely quit ESO because I will then feel completely forced to sub. QoL things really shouldn't be locked behind a sub fee.
    Argonian forever
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ESO is already ahead in this regard by giving you access to DLC, giving you crowns, extra gold and XP, AND a limitless crafting bag.

At this point, I feel it's selfish to ask for more than that. Count your blessings and accept what you have, don't keep pushing for more.

I don't think it's ever selfish to ask for more when you're paying $15/month for a game that most people don't pay anything for. Us subs (and crown purchasers) subsidize the game for everyone else.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 15, 2017 9:08PM
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @UniversalHealthcare

At what point will it be before non-subscriber just feel like the game isn't worth playing any more due to how many benefits are getting locked behind the sub bonuses?

I can already see house storage becoming a sub perk and at that point I will indefinitely quit ESO because I will then feel completely forced to sub. QoL things really shouldn't be locked behind a sub fee.

It's zo$ fault really, can't make a game worth subbing for, they wanted to dip into console gaming without double charging players. Lack of foresight,greed, poor/shady marketing, and as always subpar development.
    Options
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't think it's ever selfish to ask for more when you're paying $15/month for a game that most people don't pay anything for. Us subs (and crown purchasers) subsidize the game for everyone else.

Except you're already receiving several bonuses already. At this point, it's becoming more akin to bribery.

Also, let's look at it from the eyes of non-subscribers in that they are already losing out on the crafting bag and the ability to dye costumes. How much more is ZOS going to withhold from them before they feel it's not worth it and just decide to start leaving?
    Argonian forever
    Options
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're forgetting that we are getting double the placement slots as non subscribers for housing.

That's pretty big.

Everyone wants weapon racks / displays and armour displays. I don't think this should be limited to subscribers. We'll be able to have twice as many in our house once they finally do add them.
    Options
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting bags. Best perk ever. As long as I can keep my Crafting Bag & there won't be any non-sub-version of it, I'm fine with the way it is now.

^^^ What he says.

I thought and still think that it is enough to have unlimited space for crafting supplies for subscribing.

Subbing gets enough perks as it is.

It isn't necessary to add even more to the subscription model to entice more customers.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except you're already receiving several bonuses already. At this point, it's becoming more akin to bribery.

Also, let's look at it from the eyes of non-subscribers in that they are already losing out on the crafting bag and the ability to dye costumes. How much more is ZOS going to withhold from them before they feel it's not worth it and just decide to start leaving?

I'm personally fine with the perks we have right now, but it's never selfish to ask for more when you're subsidizing the game for everyone else. We have every right to ask for anything we want. Whether we get it or not a different matter.

Players who don't plan to sub or purchase crowns quitting the game isn't of huge concern to ZOS (so long as enough of them stick around to maintain a healthy population).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 15, 2017 10:49PM
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ What he says.

I thought and still think that it is enough to have unlimited space for crafting supplies for subscribing.

Subbing gets enough perks as it is.

It isn't necessary to add even more to the subscription model to entice more customers.
    Crafting bags is the only perk, once you max out you don't need the xp buff,gold is easy enough,dyes are cosmetic,if you bought the gold edition you don't need dlc with sub.
    There should be more perks.
    Options
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually this is very subjective.

Mojmir wrote: »
    Crafting bags is the only perk, once you max out you don't need the xp buff,gold is easy enough,dyes are cosmetic,if you bought the gold edition you don't need dlc with sub.
    There should be more perks.

This ^^^

All the others are trash except for the craft bag and DLC if you don't wish to buy it (in case you want to keep using those maps rather than throw money at the sub. Frankly, most are paying for the craft bag I think). The DLC is a good value but really you are better off to just own it if you want to maintain access to the map for any reason.

I've been subbing for eight months. I can buy all the DLC I want now and decon the mats to sell. The only real hook is the craft bag, but it's not that big of a hook when you get down to it. And once you hit the stage where you play far less or don't even get enough mats to put in your bag, it's kind of useless unless there is some other boon that makes it worth it. Maybe a bigger boost to research timers and more crowns since we have this housing update where no doubt many things will show up in the crown store.
    Edited by CombatPrayer on January 16, 2017 6:28AM
    Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would pay an extra $10 a month in my Sub (and have been since Beta) for more gold temper blacksmith drops!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • The_Undefined
    The_Undefined
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really floored by these suggestions. I hate to sound abrasive and judgmental.. but ya'll seriously sound greedy. I get more in this subscription than I have ever gotten in any MMO to date. There's absolutely no reason to add more incentives right now. I was never under the impression they were going to continually try to incentivize the monthly sub.
    • I get full and free access to all DLC's past, present and future.
    • I get an amazing crafting bag
    • I get the FULL value of my sub cost in crowns
    • Free and fully developed dye system
    • And tons of buffs for my characters (increased XP rate, increased inspiration rate, etc)

I honestly can't say I want anything else. I don't even get half of this from the other MMO's I've played - not WoW, FFXIV, nothing else even touches the amazing sub model this game has.

Seriously, at some point I think we as gamers need to ask ourselves when enough is enough. Sure, there can always be improvements, I can definitely get behind that, but geez.. this system is great for us now. There are far more problems the devs should keep their attention towards than trying to give me incentive over something that honestly they didn't need to do in the first place. :)

PS: Granted, if they took these incentives away... I would probably ragestorm it out >.> I'm spoiled what can I say. Thank you so much ZOS for this AMAZING sub model. Legitimately, ZOS has seriously set the standard for sub models. Now, when I look at other MMOs I just shake my head and think, NOPE! I'm good with what I got here :)
    Edited by The_Undefined on January 16, 2017 6:45AM
    Options
  • petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭

I can understand if you don't think the sub benefits are worth it, but people saying they 'deserve' more: you pay for what you get, if you don't think the benefits are good enough, it's not a matter of deserving more, it's a matter of reconsidering whether it's worth it or not for you.

I think ESO+ provides a nice amount of benefits and am not a fan of expanding the amount of benefits much more, because it will only widen the gap between subscribers and those who do not, which is not good for the community. As far as subsidizing the game goes, the people who bought ESO on the premise of it being B2P, but who do buy Crowns and DLC etc., viz. a lot of the more casual Elder Scrolls fanbase, are the ones who get left out by sub benefits. ZOS would do better to give some goodies to players for x amount of Crowns spent/bought if it's about giving extra to paying customers.
    Edited by petraeus1 on January 16, 2017 10:30AM
    Options
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep subs are fine at this moment but if their was a crown store craft bag at any time I would drop my sub straight away
    Options