Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Some burning questions from a new lvl 10 player

Kalahan6
Kalahan6
Soul Shriven
Just reached level 10 and have a couple of questions to further my enjoyment in the game.
I would love it if someone here could answer them.

1: Where can I get a haircut?
In game, of course.
My only option to buy an Appearance Change Token or is there another way?

2: How does difficulty scaling work?
I don't think I really understand this mechanic.
Can I do any quest at any time time now? If not, is it because lack of player skill or because my damage output/stats aren't just up to it?
Will I ever feel becoming more powerful?
What's the point of levelling if everything scales with you?
I think I just don't understand how this works.

3: As someone with 5K crown, what should I use my gold on at level 10?
Got crown on sale and from ESO Plus. Bought a mount (and a pet pig, obviously) and now I don't know where I should spend my money on now.
Bought 10 slots extra backpack space and my first mount training. But that's it. Don't know if that was a wise investment.

4: Love PVE, overwhelmed by the quests, what should I pass on and what should I do?
Currently in Auridon, doing the Aldmeri Dominion quest line.
It's clear that there's so much to do already! No I got all the DLC quests as well.
Any advice of where to go and what to do? Or should I just go with the flow and stick at Auridon for the time being?
I'm kinda into the lore/story and I'm a bit afraid to use the dungeon finder too much out of fear of seeing spoilers of part of the story I know nothing about.

5: What armor type should I wear for leveling?
Should I wear one item of each type to level them all?
Or stick with all light items to get the highest bonus since I'm working to be a Templar/Healer?
Same for weapons. Stick with restoration staff or keep different weapon skills in my skill bar as well?

Thank you all so much!
Edited by Kalahan6 on January 11, 2017 9:30AM
  • Tempah
    Tempah
    ✭✭✭
    1.No barber in eso sorry :(

2.No clue how scaling works sorry :pensive:

3.I would use those crowns next update for a house :) or the other most usefull thing is using it later on for a race change if you ever need one, but thats what I would do.

4.Do all the quests on your first character :) mainly the alliance quest line and main quest line :) they are fun the first time.

5.You are a healer use light armour for the passives.
    I would go destro restro, destro for elemental drain.
    Dro'mathra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redemeer, Tick Tock Tormentor, The Unchained, Exstinguisher of Flames, Flawless Conqueror
  • darkllord
    darkllord
    ✭✭✭
    Kalahan6 wrote: »
    I don't think I really understand this mechanic.
    Can I do any quest at any time time now? If not, is it because lack of player skill or because my damage output/stats aren't just up to it?
    Will I ever feel becoming more powerful?
    What's the point of levelling if everything scales with you?
    I think I just don't understand how this works.

You can go wherever you want and do whatever quest you want since you will be battlelevelled all the time. This means, that you will have stats as cp160 character as well as all monsters, you will be fighting.

However stats of your gear will be decreasing as you will be outlevelling them.

For example - you are character lvl 10 and you have purple one handed weapon lvl 10 - stat of this weapon will the same as if it is cp160 it means, that the weapon has 1335 weapon damage. As your levels will go up, stats of the weapon will be decreasing, that means if you will be lvl 15 and still has the same lvl 10 weapon equipped, its weapon damage will now be approximately 835. This applies to all your gear stats - weapon damage, armor value, set bonuses. So I suggest wearing gear no more than 5 - 7 levels below your charcter level.

What is the point of levelling?

One part of the answer is above - gear.
    The second part is champion points. More points you have, more powerfull you become.

What armor to wear for levelling?

All of them. Make sure you have equipped at least one part of each kind, so you can get them to lvl 50.
    If you are using medium armor, wear 5 pieces of medium and one piece of light and heavy and so on...

Edited by darkllord on January 11, 2017 11:08AM
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can purchase hairstyles from the crown store which you can change in your Collections...or you can purchase an appearance change token (but that seems extreme to me)

If you're level 1, you are scaled to CP160 - all mobs in the game are now CP160. If your toon is over CP160, you have a decided advantage over those mobs

Whatever tickles your pickle - there's lots of stuff in the crown store to choose from...but housing is coming along soon, so you may want to hold off for a bit - the choice is yours though.

4: Love PVE, overwhelmed by the quests, what should I pass on and what should I do?
    Do every quest, especially the main quest line and the alliance main quest lines - it will provide you with dyes, titles, loot, and gold

Depends on your main meta - are you stamina or magicka - I recommend leather (medium) for stamina and cloth (light) for magicka
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add to what others have said:

Already been covered. :)

From the beginning of the game, you are scaled up to the baseline of CP160 (you have two tiers of leveling: 1-50, then CP 1-560... CP 160 is the gear cap, so that is considered the baseline).

Of most import to you is the fact that this scaling will heavily affect your attributes. In short, to make up for the fact that your gear and skills are still low, your Health, Magicka, and Stamina have been injected with steroids. For this reason, you will actually see these attributes go down as you level, even though the base numbers under the scaling are getting bigger. But don't worry too much about it... you'll learn the game as you go, and by the time you hit CP 160, you won't need the inflated attributes.

Haircuts first, of course. :)

From there, it's up to you. Personally, I love the cosmetic items like fashion, pets, and dyes.

Mount was a good call. I also recommend the banker assistant, if you can afford him. He's a bit pricey, but worth it if you have the Crowns. I can't tell you how often I've been hip-deep in a delve only to discover that my inventory was full; summoning him to offload some loot is wonderful. He's also great for when the Daggerfall banker disappears. XP

Backpack upgrade and mount training? That's up to you. Those are both in-game gold sinks, so buying them in the Crown Store can be a time and money saver. However, if you intend to buy bag or bank upgrades, save it until the in-game costs start rising. The costs of those upgrades in-game go up as you buy them, so the best bang for your buck is to buy the first few in-game (at the pack merchant and banker, respectively), and then start buying them in the Crown store once costs start getting ridiculous.

Do all of them. :)

No, really.

If this is your first time through, just take your time and explore the world. You can go anywhere you want, though I do recommend clearing a zone before you move onto the next, since there can be some weird story glitches if you do quests out of order (e.g., it's possible to beat a particular boss in Glenumbra before you have the weapon you need to beat him XD). So just follow where the quest dialogue and map arrows point you, and do side quests along the way, and you'll be fine. :)

As for dungeon finder: don't worry too much about spoilers from dungeons. Generally, dungeons aren't related to the main quests, but rather their own self-contained storyline. However, some dungeon pick-up-groups (PUGs for short) can be unnecessarily hostile for low-level players, and may kick you without reason or explanation, just because of the number next to your name. If you want to run dungeons before end-game, I highly recommend finding a newbie-friendly PvE guild who will help you through them and show you the ropes, instead of using dungeon finder.

Early on, I recommend 5 light, 1 medium, and 1 heavy. You'll probably be specializing in light armor, but it doesn't hurt to work a bit on leveling the other two, in case you find a cool heavy helmet you like or something.

For now, don't worry too much about gear. You'll be swapping them out too quickly for it to matter much. Though if you see a light armor set you like, save the pieces until you outlevel them by 5+ levels. Armor Sets are the pieces that give you bonuses for wearing multiple items from the same set, and they are pretty powerful when you have 4-5 pieces. They will make your questing life much easier.

For weapon skills, just do Resto staff stuff for now. However, at level 15, a second bar will unlock, and you'll need to equip a second weapon for that. Now, it can be another Resto staff, but it can also be a different weapon. Personally, I suggest having Destro staff as your secondary, to help you DD when you're solo questing. In my experience, Resto staff isn't really designed for solo questing, but rather excels when you're in a party. But until that second bar unlocks, don't worry about it.
    Edited by BlackSparrow on January 11, 2017 4:18PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just reached level 10 and have a couple of questions to further my enjoyment in the game.
    I would love it if someone here could answer them.

In game, of course.
    My only option to buy an Appearance Change Token or is there another way?

There is one other option, I think it's called the style parlor? I have it and can swap haircuts at any time, but I can't change color or adjust any other facial features.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Currently in Auridon, doing the Aldmeri Dominion quest line.
    It's clear that there's so much to do already! No I got all the DLC quests as well.
    Any advice of where to go and what to do? Or should I just go with the flow and stick at Auridon for the time being?
    I'm kinda into the lore/story and I'm a bit afraid to use the dungeon finder too much out of fear of seeing spoilers of part of the story I know nothing about.
    If you're overwhelmed, I would do them in order zone by zone. So Khenarthi's Roost -> Auridon -> Grahtwood -> Greenshade -> Malabal Tor -> Reaper's March for AD, then move on to the other alliance zones.

Follow their main storylines and do sidequests as you find them. Look at your achievements tab under quests to track how many you've done. Also pay attention to the map markings as they turn white when you've completed a quest in that area.

Pretty sure the story will make most sense that way. Sidequests are often tied in with the main story of each zone, but dungeons are not, so you can go back to them later. Be sure to pick up skyshards as you progress through the zones, too.
    stam scrub
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will include three essays I have wrote for new players. There is some repeating, but it's all good stuff for the game:

Leveling
    First leveling character? Forget about Builds right now. No need, your handicapped anyway by the game so you are way more powerful than you need to be. Instead take advantage of this buff to properly level your character so you can be deadly when it matters later on when you are not buffed by the level scaling. In other words, you can create a rotation that makes you think your all that and a biscuit because of the scaling buffs, then get a rude awakening come Champ Ranks when you are on your own.

In other words, right now if your wearing any gear, the mobs will die.

1. Have one class skill on your bar at all times, swapping them out once the skill reaches Morph stage. Worry about your Morphs later.
    2. Have one weapon skill on your bar at all times, again until Morph stage
    3. Wear a mix of all 3 armor types so they all level about equally
    4. From L1 to L20, invest in attack skills and actives
    5. From L20 to L35 start investing in Passives and Support Skills
    6. From L35 to L50 start investing in Morphs (but only if all your class skills are at the Morph Stage), Passives and Crafting Skills
    7 From CP10 to CP160 try out dropped sets to see which ones fit your playstyle, don't worry about traits right now, fill in passives and actives you may have missed
    8. Grind on Dolmens to level your Fighters Guild, or find the Lore Books to level Mages Guild
    9. Do some stealing to level Legerdemain, best source for money in the game
    10. Decon every piece of gear you get that you are not going to use immediately to level equipment crafting, no need to invest skills points until Champ Ranks.

Skills and Combat
    Combat in this game comes down to Skill Rotations, with Light or Heavy Attacks interspersed. So, it's more like 1,2,3,4,1,2,3 dead. Pick your skill rotations so that one skill will set up or buff another skill. For example, use a skill that Snares, then a skill that gives Damage over Time to an area so the snared mobs spend longer in pain, then use a spam damage skill. This is just one example.

Once you learn a good rotation, then you can weave in light or heavy attacks between the skills to extend the resource pool you play from. So it's more like 1, LMB, 2, LMB,3, LMB, 4, LMB, 1 Dead. Then once you learn how to weave attacks, then you can start animation canceling to up your DPS.

So, attacks are not just a spam of the Left Mouse Button, but an application of your skills and weapon attacks.

You add in Blocking (reduce damage), Bashing (interrupting a caster or heavy attack wind up), Dodge Rolling (double click on a WASD key to avoid damage and get out of red quickly). Throw in some terrain advantage, and your basically a Mobile, Agile and Hostile wrecking machine.

As for Gear, well, while leveling, gear does not matter as long as you have something. It does not have to be best in slot, or even all that good. Also, we have lots of dropped set pieces so if you spend any time in a zone, you will more than likely pick up a set or two to wear. Each zone has a Magic, a Stamina and a Health or Tank set. Since everything scales, you can use this gear longer than you would think from the levels. It is only once you reach CP160 that you really want to worry about the gear, and by then you will have a good idea of what to use and where to farm for it.

Until then, the most important thing with gear is to wear a mix of it (light/medium/heavy) so they all level up somewhat equally. Also, have one skill from each of the 3 class skill lines on your bar at all times, and at least one weapon skill. For the 5th, it can be another weapon or attack skill or a support skill or some skill you want to level.

General Game Tips
    If you need Gold, engage the Legerdemain System and Steal and Fence. There are many areas that are rich in things to steal with few to no NPCs around so the risk is next to 0.

Gear, with Enchants that help your character is important. Not meaning you need the best set, you just need something. And, don't forget Jewelry, either normal stuff, or something that is part of a set. Just have something in all your slots. Note, while leveling, try to wear a mix of armor weights so they all level up. Food can help, Blue for early levels, Purple for higher ones.

Have a Class Skill and a Weapon skill on your bar at all times so you can get those leveled. Mix in a 5th skill to level up and use along the way. Once you get a skill to Morph stage, you may want to slot another one and get that to Morph rather than build the previous one all the way up. Save maxing your skills for later.

World Bosses are not designed to be solo'd. Wait for other players to show up, or send out a Zone chat that such and such World Boss is up, people will show up, as they are farming dropped set items.

Join a good guild, sometimes you can find one by running with a random player, sometimes from zone chat, sometimes from a thread on the boards here. You can always drop a guild, so don't worry about doing that. There is no black list unless you are a complete tool, and while there is still no list, word will get around if you just dump on everyone all the time. But, try a guild, then leave for whatever reason? No worries there.

Delve Bosses you can solo, if your gear is decent (not the best, just decent) and you have some skills in your rotation. Its all about skills in the game, sometimes weaved in with Light or Heavy Attacks, sometimes just skill rotations. The rotation you use needs to make sense to you and your build, so it will be different for everyone. However, some skills will buff the next skill you use, or next set of skills you use, so maybe use that first. Some skills are Damage over Time, so apply those early, but don't spam them until you need to apply it again. Some skills are cheap cost damage dealers, so spam those, but not so quickly you use up your resources. Weaving in Light or Heavy Attacks, with or without animation canceling, can help.

Finally, combat in this game requires you to be Mobile, Agile and Hostile. Move around, attack from advantage. Learn to Block, Dodge Roll, Interrupt (Bash), Stay out of Red etc, and you can soon take very little damage while in combat, at least most of the time.

Good Luck.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1, there is no in game barber. You can buy the hairstyle pack in the store fore 1000 crowns, and that will access to all the base hair styles in you appearance menu. You can swap them in and out as much as you want after that, anywhere for no extra cost.

2, everything scales to CP160 until you actually reach that level. At level 10 your attributes are overscaled to make up for your lack of skill points. Your gear will also become less effective as it drops below your rising level. You'll need to replace it periodically.

Once you understand the mechanics, most quest should be doable at any level, and you'll feel more powerful once you earn more passives and use different gear sets. Some content, like world bosses, are meant to be fought by groups, and so are stronger. Look for any pips on the enemy health bar, 1-3 boxes on each side, to still you how strong it is. Group dungeons, trials and arenas also have a harder mode called veteran and is includes the most difficult content in the game.

3, save them. Unless there is something you want, you don't have to spend crowns right away. I would also caution against buying bag space early. The first upgrade is 400 gold in game, the last is over 60k.

4, focus on the main quests of each zone, they'll give you a skill point after each segment and point you to the next part of the story. You can do or not do the side quests in between as you see fit.

5, wear at least one of each weight class for now. When you better understand builds and passives, you'll be glad you train those early on. Stick with the restro staff for now. At level 15 you get weapon swap, and you can start training other weapons.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I can say is don't pass on content. Take your time and complete each zone: Main quest, side quests, dolmens, delves, skyshards, lorebooks, etc. IMO its a much better experience knowing you actually finished a zone.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...snip...

From the beginning of the game, you are scaled up to the baseline of CP160 (you have two tiers of leveling: 1-50, then CP 1-560... CP 160 is the gear cap, so that is considered the baseline).

...snip...

CP caps at 561, not 560...
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...snip...

...snip...

CP caps at 561, not 560...

Eh, close enough to get the point across. XD
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some burning questions from a new lvl 10 player
    1. Crown store for real money
    2. You are scaled to CP160. The point of leveling is to unlock more skills.
    3. Save them for something important
    4. Don't pass on anything. Plenty of XP and skill points to be had in PvE.
    5. Full set of Trainee armor and weapons for max XP gains. Jewelry can be from another set.

shades.gif

• greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't pass any quests, if you enjoy pve and the whole story/world, you'll miss some great quests by rushing through, not to mention achievements and dyes etc. I've got many alts and still find small unmarked quests and things that are still really interesting.

As for crowns, the island will be my next purchase but I tend to normally go for cosmetic things instead of upgrades.
    Edited by greylox on January 11, 2017 11:53PM
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. In addition to the style parlor or buying hair styles, you can also wear a hat. Seriously. Most of them completely remove your hair.

2. In addition to what others have said, there are some level requirements for things.
    - Level 10 minimum to enter Cyrodiil
    - Level 10 minimum to queue in dungeon finder (although you can enter normal dungeons manually at any level)
    - Level 50 minimum to enter veteran dungeons or trials
    - Level 49 maximum to enter the non-veteran Cyrodiil campaign (Blackwater Blade I think?)
    Aside from that, everything else depends on your skills, not your level, and can be done in almost any order. (Some quest storylines have prerequisites so you don't break the chain of the story. The rest can be done in any order you like).

3. I second the "Save them!" crowd! If you are wondering what to spend them on, then the right item isn't in the store yet. I do recommend that you do not purchase the consumables though. For your first character you should take your time leveling so the xp scrolls are not recommended, and for the rest you can find the same or better in game.

4. All of them are fun! Be sure especially to do the main storylines for each alliance, as well as the Prophet's quests, as these also give you skillpoints. The DLC storylines also give skillpoints. I do highly recommend doing all the quests, though, especially on your first character. If you make subsequent characters you can pick and choose your favorites the second go-around.

5. Leveling you want at least one of each type, to keep your options open. I actually do 3/2/2 for my low level characters, with three being the armor I intend for them to wear in endgame (so in your case, light). NOTE: This is ONLY for leveling, endgame you want at least 5 of one of the types, so for you at least 5 light pieces endgame.
    For extra survivability, the chest and legs give the most protection, so if you do 5/1/1 try for heavy chest medium legs, or both chest and legs heavy if you do my 3/2/2 method. Waist and shoulders give the least protection so make sure those two are part of your light armor collection.
    For weapons, if you want to heal definitely use a restoration staff. At Level 15 you will unlock the ability to use two different weapon sets and swap between them mid-battle, and then you may want to use either a destruction staff (adds damage plus some debuffs) or else dual wield swords (they buff your spell damage and give you another set piece; you don't want the attacks from this skill line, just the passive that boosts damage from swords). You can wait until then to level your extra chosen skill line(s), or you can level it enough to unlock the first skill, put a skill point in it, and put the skill on your bar. NOTE: You will not be able to cast skills for weapons you do not have equipped on that bar, but having it on the bar will level the weapon skill line even without the weapon equipped.

I hope this helps?
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS