Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Option to hide vampire look plz

Lyserus
Lyserus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
It's in the game (Ravenwatch), it is wanted by many, we can't actually change much things if we use face change as vampire, and disguise can hide it doesn't make much sense.

So pleaseeeee can we have it please? (At the very least is there anyway to hide it on my own game? (I mean the others will still see I'm a vampire but I get to see the original look)
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A workaround is to use inventory costumes.
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um I disagree. You're a vampire you should look like one.
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GawdSB wrote: »

It is appeared in the game quest (Lord Ravenwatch appeared as a normal high elf at first but then later revealed himself as a vamp)
  • S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're called skins. Admittedly half of them look worse than vamp but still :P
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They're called skins. Admittedly half of them look worse than vamp but still :P

^^this

If ZOS have any decent-looking skin I wouldn't ask for this XD
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. I use costumes and masks to hide it.
  • Seratopia
    Seratopia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe introduce a "normal" skin to hunt down in game. If you are a vampire it will hide your condition but if you obtain it as a non vamp, it wont do anything obviously.
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want my tattoos not to fade as a vampire. My character would look super badass with jet black ink on that pasty white skin.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seratopia wrote: »
    Maybe introduce a "normal" skin to hunt down in game. If you are a vampire it will hide your condition but if you obtain it as a non vamp, it wont do anything obviously.

+1
  • SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A human skin would be nice.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »

It is appeared in the game quest (Lord Ravenwatch appeared as a normal high elf at first but then later revealed himself as a vamp)
    Exactly. And there should be an option for players to do it too.

Personally I would however prefer something other then a skin they could use all the time... something with a drawback, or limitation. A disguise that breaks in combat, bought from a vampire only vendor? A extra skill that takes up a skill slot? A special enchanted ring that takes up an ring slot? Something like that...

And i would also only have it lower appearance by one level, to force vampires to stay at stage 1 if they want to be disguised. (but also add an option to make alchemically canned blood when feeding at full capacity for taking a quick sip in any occasion, and an option for voluntary feeding from players and some special NPCs...)

And I would want to see the city guard react to undisguised vampires... say, a chance to notice depending on stage, 20% at S1, 40% at S2, 80% at S3 and automatic at stage four, leading to an "kill the monster!" event if they find out some player is a vampire and not just a pale human...

And while we're at it, I would also want vampires to have half swim speed (and then start avoiding "running water" because of it) and get some debuff during daytime, but also man corresponding buff in game-nighttime...

And being unable to use any food buffs... but get some more recipes out for vampire-specific drinks that cover the issue...

You know, all the classic clichee stuff. ;)
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am a vampire and therefore look like one. I would not want to hide it myself.

But, "normal" players can look like soul shriven, skeletons, dromasomethings, draugr's. So it's only natural that vampires can look like normal beings.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    midnight pitch black skin without any glowing bs for 12y old kids. Now that would be something I would pay 5k crowns for.
  • sumisu1
    sumisu1
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a problem with the vampire look, I just don't like the faded body markings.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugly goes with the extra abilities
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    First of all, if you are vampire you are undead, so the way you look should be different than normal mortals.

But...

The way how vampire looks needs some improvement. The skin textures are weak quality, and some elements of vampire appearance should be removed or changed.

And something needs to be done about face and body marks on vampire skin, it should be more visible...
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love some sort of toggle or skin or something to hide vampirism... It looks so ugly! I don't mind being pale, thats fine, its the eyes and the gross pink veins that I hate, particularly on the face, and the way that being a vampire removes tattoos/make up from my characters. My Sorcerer can kind of hide it a bit with bound armour, but my templar has had to cure her vampirism because she looked so terrible :disappointed:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know people that would spend 10k crowns just for a normal skin.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    My characters drop armor, vampire appearance and Masters Resto staff have never won any beauty pageant contests.

If the vampire skin let me have some tattoo viability at least I could join as biker gang. B)
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sad-face-paper-bag.jpg

400 Crowns
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drain some victims and you will soon look like your old self.
  • Pixel_Zealot
    Pixel_Zealot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't hide just. Make it look better.

It looks gross. The red eyes are all that looks good, the veins are badly done and the faded tattoos looks like it has a transparent white skin overlay on it.
    Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And why in oblivion my khajit fur shoud go white human hair dont turn white neither khajiit fur does in other tes games i played

But seriously in this game power come with uglyness

Vampire power --> vampire skin
    Monster set --> monstrous helmet
    Strong dropped set--> dont drop in nice motif
    Crafted set--> can look awesome but aren't strong
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sad-face-paper-bag.jpg

400 Crowns

I'm pretty sure the murder hobo costume was more like 1200...

A3Xjq2k.jpg?1
    Banana wrote: »
    Ugly goes with the extra abilities

Stage 1 vamps can be kinda cute.

Honestly, if I was picking, it would be cool to have all four stages and non-vampire available as skins. Maybe for hitting Vampire 10.
    Edited by starkerealm on January 10, 2017 4:59PM
  • rustic_potato
    rustic_potato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dro'mathra skin is perfect for hiding a vamp..
    I play how I want to.

• SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And why in oblivion my khajit fur shoud go white human hair dont turn white neither khajiit fur does in other tes games i played

But seriously in this game power come with uglyness

Vampire power --> vampire skin
    Monster set --> monstrous helmet
    Strong dropped set--> dont drop in nice motif
    Crafted set--> can look awesome but aren't strong
    @Dark_Lord_Kuro

Monster sets, dropped sets and crafted sets can be hidden with costumes, disguises and the "Hide Helmet" toggle. Some crafted sets are good. Being a vampire also comes with negatives.

There should be a way to hide vampirism.
    Edited by SanderBuraas on January 10, 2017 4:59PM
  • Concenaros
    Concenaros
    ✭✭✭
    Would actually be cool if you constantly had to feed on NPC characters to keep your Character from looking like a pale white sheet of a vampire.

I'm surprised they didn't include something like this... since it's been done in previous TES games.

I guess it'd be cumbersome or annoying for an MMO though?
    "What is your purpose here, Arisen? If you sought to live you had naught but run and hide yourself away. But then, tell me, child of man... what does it mean to live in truth? To wage war against the passing days? To pray to the unseen for a few breaths more? To raise grand cities from stone, and spawn new life in turn? Mankind has done this, yes, and more. But is the tapestry you weave truly of your own design?"
    Rhylarr - Lvl 30 - XBOX ONE - Aldmeri Dominion
    Flowki Engarson - Lvl 22 - XBOX ONE - Daggerfall Convenant
    Concenaros - Lvl 24 - XBOX ONE - Ebonheart Pact
    Targoth Gro'Urgash - Lvl 8 - XBOX ONE - Dagerfall Covenant
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lyserus

The issue is that as long as a vampire gains benefit from the line it should not be hide able. Of course there as skins and in game quest costumes that do hide it but that's probably an oversight. Hopefully it gets fixed some day.

With the WW they don't really get any benefit from the line unless they turn into a WW
  • Riejael
    Riejael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lyserus

The issue is that as long as a vampire gains benefit from the line it should not be hide able. Of course there as skins and in game quest costumes that do hide it but that's probably an oversight. Hopefully it gets fixed some day.

With the WW they don't really get any benefit from the line unless they turn into a WW

I agree with this. Though they should allow body marks to show through better.
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the look of stage 3 on my Dunmer the best.