Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Two-Person Mount?

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that sounds awesome!
    technohic wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    Prior to One Tamriel yes but now No.

Consider that we can travel to any friend or guild member therefore riding with a member only makes sense if you'd have to go somewhere which would kill you otherwise.

We are all scaled so there's no place we wouldn't survive in the overworld or 4 man dungeons.

I'd much rather ask that travel to player actually take us to the player rather than the closest wayshrine.

Just my point of view tho.

That does not apply to PvP. And why should having a convenience item mean that you should not have a fun new mechanic; anyway?

@technohic
    Specific to PvP heck No.

See it's not at all about convenience in terms of askin for mounts that can carry more than one.

It's actually asking them to develop a mount.
    Today all a mount is.....is a visual change to our character with different trained enhancements.

Look back on mounts as a whole. It's not what you may think.

In PvP, you're taking development to a new fresh idea. See mounts are attacked and players fall off or move based on trained stats. Think of what you're actually asking.

The only way to do this is to create an actual mount and then separately train that mount.

This would mean that the character is no longer training but each mount. The whole QoL update in year one to mounts was to remove the separation as result of player feedback.
    Now ur be asking them to revert it which means that all the crown mounts would need individual training again too.

For PvE it's silly and not even convenient because the QoLupdate ppl have expressed wasto travel to the actual player spot vs traveling to the closest wayshrine. That's QoL and while it would be cheating in PvP, it's more of a solution vs offering a new mount system with more complexity.

I'm not concerned with the development of it or how they would have to do it. That would all be assumptions without knowing how the game is coded. I'd rather leave that to the developers to understand. And there are a lot of assumptions there beyond just coding on what they would "have to do."

I'm just thinking if they could do it; I think it would be awesome. Just like I think mounted combat would be awesome. it would be a little inconvenient to gankers as far as the new toon with the slow mount in the back being a nice target but they still have the players on the edge of the siege line to go after.

But they literally talked about it before so it's not assumptions.

Here it came up again much later. This exact topic
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279280/should-zos-give-us-multi-person-mounts

Well that sucks. That's a strange limitation to have. Basically; I would have thought you could do it by having it not be the same system as the mounts. I suppose if they can't do that, then boats at some point is out of the question as well.
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, what is wrong with you?
    I don't want some scrub trying to hitch a ride on my horse...it would look hilarious though!!
  • Niko1987
    Niko1987
    ✭✭
    Oh man, that would be cool! :sunglasses:

Except I don't have any friends to ride them with... :pensive::lol:
    "It must be nice to fight for something you feel so strongly about. Too often I don't have that luxury."- Ahrilux
    @Niko1987 | PC NA
    Lady Ahrilux | Nord | Dragonknight | STAM Tank in Training
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since chariots have come up - yes, please.
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife