Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Two-Person Mount?

Vidahr
Vidahr
✭✭✭
To those of you who have played other MMOs, you guys know the infamous two-person mounts.

I, for one, think they are really cool.

I was wondering if the community would have interest in these two-person mounts, and if so, what lore-friendly two-person mounts can we come up with?

(Not really sure if this belongs here or elsewhere. It would be a crown store item, I'm assuming.)

Edited by Vidahr on January 8, 2017 5:54PM

Two-Person Mount? 94 votes

Yes, that sounds awesome!
72%
rimaxo14_ESOGilvothSlurgEspionettaHanokihsMercutioKlemenziusb16_ESOAsaredZakorleetacakesb16_ESOEnodocUlfgardeNerouynUntrustedExistenzSheezabeastRev RielleThePaulrus94technohictopofdarangeAromak 68 votes
No, what is wrong with you?
27%
SirAndyMojmirNewBlacksmurfDurnikElara_NorthwindPhuzmertustaTommy83LegolessSarevoccnil101ApheriusJWKeKatahdinAkrasjelmagictucktucksaxgoonerToomdadBananamnznp 26 votes
  • rxhymn
    rxhymn
    ✭✭✭
    Please be a two person great unicorn mount.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me and the dead body of some lowly EP/DC? :trollface:
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wamasu... FTW!!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!
    this would help protect from Gank!
    knock down me and wife and see what happens.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been mentioned before, many times...

Mostly in PvP-relation, because...

Chariots! One player to steer, another to shoot arrows or fireballs on the move... come on, don't tell me you cannot imagine imperials wanting this, badly? ;)

Or even more multi person mounts... Siege beasts, like mammoths or wammasu, carrying a driver and two archers/mages, or possibly even a small siege weapon?

And there could also be civilian versions. Like... a carriage, with one drivers place for the coachman, and one or two seating spots in the back for the nobles...
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not, a unicorn barfing and pooping rainbows would be really nice as the first two person mount.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    /support
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    rl-vs-polo.jpg

US Polo Assassination (2 guys on a pony) Vs. Polo Ralph Lauren (A stud on a stallion)

Who you got?

Edited by JWKe on January 10, 2017 8:44AM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing those asking for two person mounts are the ones getting ganked often
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't want somebody else driving my horse, and I REALLY wouldn't want anyone sitting on the back of it, would be really annoying for me :lol:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea. It potentially solves two problems.

Vets playing with newcomers have to wait for noobs to catch up. Until they do 4 months of daily horse feeding.

Or 6 months to be properly prepared horse-wise for PvP.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should be twice the price then to justify two people using it
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first I was like "WTF" but then I remembered I was on a 6 mount speed in Cyrodiil with my guild the other day.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Katahdin
      Katahdin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Only if the speed is reduced by half because of the extra weight.
      Beta tester November 2013
    • Glaiceana
      Glaiceana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I understand why some people don't get the reason, but for those of us who usually play with a friend, it can be very useful. Let's say you need to travel somewhere, but one of you has to go AFK, the other would be able to take that person there rather than wait for them to return. That's just one small reason.
      I have spent most of my time in ESO playing through it with my boyfriend, I think it would be super cool to have a mount we could share, even just for fun if not for usefulness :)
      Priests of Hircine
      Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
      Our total free bites: 7000+
      Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
      Total Champion Points: 1000+
      Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
      Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
      J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
      Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
      Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
      Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
      Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
      Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
      My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
      Playing since July 2015!
    • Jim_Pipp
      Jim_Pipp
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'm surprised at the resistance to this idea; at present almost half of voters said no.

Most of my game time is spent in two person groups (eso is the main way I stay in touch with old friends nowadays), so anything that gives utility to co-operative play is fantastic. It would have two massive advantages for me.

PVE - running between locations - often I get stuck climbing a cliff, or decide to try a short-cut that doesn't work so I hold them up. If one person controls the mount then both people arrive at the same time. Awesome, less boring for whoever is waiting for me, less stressful for me as I don't have to rush to catch up.

PVP - When you take a new character to cyrodil, everyone mounts up, and you can't keep up because you are 60 days of mount speed upgrades behind.

Conclusion tandem mounts will always have niche utility so will always be rare, and I think that gives the developers a license to create more interesting mounts like a giant snake and echetere. If you still aren't convinced then imagine a rickshaw; it would be amazing!
      #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
    • technohic
      technohic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      "Don't judge me. Just me and my bestie. Two dudes on a unicorn that leaves a trail of rainbows behind us."

All kidding aside; I like the idea as a non-back riding idea. Maybe they could some day bring in chariots or wagons
    • Enodoc
      Enodoc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ...but I don't think it would work. I'm pretty sure mounts are 'part of' your character.
      UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
      Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    • Cadbury
      Cadbury
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Nerouyn wrote: »
      Great idea. It potentially solves two problems.

Vets playing with newcomers have to wait for noobs to catch up. Until they do 4 months of daily horse feeding.

Or 6 months to be properly prepared horse-wise for PvP.

Plus, who knows? Maybe sparks will fly and romance will bloom between the noob and vet. All that close hip-hugging riding action...oh my.

And ZOS wins again when they buy a Mara ring.
      "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    • Zakor
      Zakor
      ✭✭✭
      +1 4 Wamasu mount! Waiting for that since first special mount!
    • MEBengalsFan2001
      MEBengalsFan2001
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If this is implemented would it be considered separate from the current mount system. This would mean, you have to start all over to get your character's mount speed, stamina and inventory capacity increased.

Than there is the whole crate vs MP question as well. I bet the MP would get the mount no one wants and the better looking mount would be placed into the crates.

These are just things to all think about before asking for a double player mount.

IMO, not needed. .
    • Nestor
      Nestor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

The underlying issue is, can the game be coded so that another player can control the direction, path and destination of another player's character? Without creating a bugged out mess where we are not sure who ends up where when all is said and done, and can't be exploited in some way shape or form.
      Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
      Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NewBlacksmurf
      NewBlacksmurf
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Prior to One Tamriel yes but now No.

Consider that we can travel to any friend or guild member therefore riding with a member only makes sense if you'd have to go somewhere which would kill you otherwise.

We are all scaled so there's no place we wouldn't survive in the overworld or 4 man dungeons.

I'd much rather ask that travel to player actually take us to the player rather than the closest wayshrine.

Just my point of view tho.
      -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
      ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    • davey1107
      davey1107
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Chariots! For 2-4, so players can ferry group members with slow steeds through the alliance war zones. I'm not sure it's functional...I just want to see a chariot Zerg.

@JWKe the polo association logo is a guy on a horse coming up behind another guy on his own horse, btw.
    • technohic
      technohic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Consider that we can travel to any friend or guild member therefore riding with a member only makes sense if you'd have to go somewhere which would kill you otherwise.

We are all scaled so there's no place we wouldn't survive in the overworld or 4 man dungeons.

I'd much rather ask that travel to player actually take us to the player rather than the closest wayshrine.

That does not apply to PvP. And why should having a convenience item mean that you should not have a fun new mechanic; anyway?
    • JWKe
      JWKe
      ✭✭✭✭
      davey1107 wrote: »
      Chariots! For 2-4, so players can ferry group members with slow steeds through the alliance war zones. I'm not sure it's functional...I just want to see a chariot Zerg.

@JWKe the polo association logo is a guy on a horse coming up behind another guy on his own horse, btw.

It's a joke on the fashion "style" forums. They call Polo Association. Polo assassination because its a much poorer quality version of Ralph Lauren's.
    • NewBlacksmurf
      NewBlacksmurf
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      technohic wrote: »

That does not apply to PvP. And why should having a convenience item mean that you should not have a fun new mechanic; anyway?

@technohic
      Specific to PvP heck No.

See it's not at all about convenience in terms of askin for mounts that can carry more than one.

It's actually asking them to develop a mount.
      Today all a mount is.....is a visual change to our character with different trained enhancements.

Look back on mounts as a whole. It's not what you may think.

In PvP, you're taking development to a new fresh idea. See mounts are attacked and players fall off or move based on trained stats. Think of what you're actually asking.

The only way to do this is to create an actual mount and then separately train that mount.

This would mean that the character is no longer training but each mount. The whole QoL update in year one to mounts was to remove the separation as result of player feedback.
      Now ur be asking them to revert it which means that all the crown mounts would need individual training again too.

For PvE it's silly and not even convenient because the QoLupdate ppl have expressed wasto travel to the actual player spot vs traveling to the closest wayshrine. That's QoL and while it would be cheating in PvP, it's more of a solution vs offering a new mount system with more complexity.
      Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 19, 2017 8:50PM
    • technohic
      technohic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

@technohic
      Specific to PvP heck No.

See it's not at all about convenience in terms of askin for mounts that can carry more than one.

Today all a mount is.....is a visual change to our character with different trained enhancements.

In PvP, you're taking development to a new fresh idea. See mounts are attacked and players fall off or move based on trained stats. Think of what you're actually asking.

The only way to do this is to create an actual mount and then separately train that mount.

This would mean that the character is no longer training but each mount. The whole QoL update in year one to mounts was to remove the separation as result of player feedback.
      Now ur be asking them to revert it which means that all the crown mounts would need individual training again too.

For PvE it's silly and not even convenient because the QoLupdate ppl have expressed wasto travel to the actual player spot vs traveling to the closest wayshrine. That's QoL and while it would be cheating in PvP, it's more of a solution vs offering a new mount system with more complexity.

I'm not concerned with the development of it or how they would have to do it. That would all be assumptions without knowing how the game is coded. I'd rather leave that to the developers to understand. And there are a lot of assumptions there beyond just coding on what they would "have to do."

I'm just thinking if they could do it; I think it would be awesome. Just like I think mounted combat would be awesome. it would be a little inconvenient to gankers as far as the new toon with the slow mount in the back being a nice target but they still have the players on the edge of the siege line to go after.
    • NewBlacksmurf
      NewBlacksmurf
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

@technohic
      Specific to PvP heck No.

I'm not concerned with the development of it or how they would have to do it. That would all be assumptions without knowing how the game is coded. I'd rather leave that to the developers to understand. And there are a lot of assumptions there beyond just coding on what they would "have to do."

I'm just thinking if they could do it; I think it would be awesome. Just like I think mounted combat would be awesome. it would be a little inconvenient to gankers as far as the new toon with the slow mount in the back being a nice target but they still have the players on the edge of the siege line to go after.

But they literally talked about it before so it's not assumptions.

Here it came up again much later. This exact topic
      https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279280/should-zos-give-us-multi-person-mounts

• Zaldan
      Zaldan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Nestor wrote: »

The underlying issue is, can the game be coded so that another player can control the direction, path and destination of another player's character? Without creating a bugged out mess where we are not sure who ends up where when all is said and done, and can't be exploited in some way shape or form.

not unless ZO$ find new outsource for their coding ;)
      Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
      Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol