Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Tired of being Tamriels weakest Nightblade!

Basium84Ts
Basium84Ts
Soul Shriven
Hey guys! I need some help with my stamina nightblade.
Pretty much any boss can 1 hit kill me. Their aoe attacks are 1 hits. A normal giant can kill me in 2 hits if one of them is a skill.
And no. Im not trying to stand still and tank >:)

I'm cp 169 now and i've got pretty good gear.
Armor is a full Briarheart set. Daggers and bow are nightmothers gaze. Sword singers accesories. Everything is purple. (Divines on armor and sharpened on weapons with crusher enchantments)
Currently saving for 2 armor pieces from nightmothers gaze set. And rest from Hundings rage. I want this combo set so i can increase my damage since it's also pretty low.

Here's a pic of my character stats:
eso_stats.jpg

Lately i've been trying alot of different skills. And these are the skills im using right now:

1. Grim focus + reapers mark
2. Surprise attack and then spam Rapid strikes
3. Finish with Killer's blade. If i get that far lol

Any help from a nightblade would be appreciated <3
Edited by Basium84Ts on January 7, 2017 4:38PM
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Level up some more, put all attributes into stam, get vigor. You could also get 5 piece TBS for extra health and shadow mundus, although I'm not so sure it outperforms Hunding's as far as damage/crit goes.
    stam scrub
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    schip wrote: »
    Level up some more, put all attributes into stam, get vigor. You could also get 5 piece TBS for extra health and shadow mundus, although I'm not so sure it outperforms Hunding's as far as damage/crit goes.

getting vigor...now THIS has been my issue since i found out i had to pvp. i get melted in pvp quickly so getting AP has been slow XD. i have mainly become fix-it felix to gain AP.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol I had to double check to make sure I hadn't started this post. I assure you my NB is the worst in Tamriel. Gonna change his name to Glass Peashooter.
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 things.

First, move all your attributes into stam, you need to have at least 30k of that. Use some bistat food to get your health you, either Max health/max stam or the max health/stam recovery food.

Second, you need to up your weapon damage, do this by putting weapon damage glyphs on your jewelry. Aim for 3k WD, unbuffed.

Last, you have 2 spammables, surprise attack or rapid strikes, you do not need both. Personally I would just use surprise attack all the time. If this is strictly for PvE open world, use a two hander for rally. Best heal until you get vigor. If you want to keep duals, remorph rapid strikes to the other one that heals you, helps so much for survivability. Also drop reapers mark, use blood craze. Heals and damages.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to make sure that you get enough skill points to unlock passives, depending on your play style, you should research which passives are worth more to you. Check out builds in Tamriel Foundry and others.

Nightblades are really fun to play, but takes time getting used to different rotations.

Leveling up also makes a huge difference, CP and all. Hope this helps.
  • Basium84Ts
    Basium84Ts
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks so much for all your help guys! <3

Need to level up some more, save money and try those different morphs before i know how much i suck lol.

Vigor will get hard since i hate pvp. But i changed to shadow mundus. It dropped my criticals from 75% to 50% something. But the new armor will make it higher i think.

I'm already drinking that bloody mara so i dont have to go around sucking blood all the time. But i will try some food with health and stamina combo instead.
    I really like to spam rapid strikes :open_mouth: So i'll just morph it to the heal thing. Hmm will change reapers mark to blood craze instead.

Yeah i love playing as a nightblade, but its so hard. And need to find some new shortcuts for my skills. Its hard to reach skill 3 and higher when you are moving around like crazy :D
  • Cavarka
    Cavarka
    ✭✭✭
    I am CP 300 and I hated the meta build. I still run with vampires kiss and briar heart. People diss the vampires kiss, but I really enjoy pve with it, which is all that matters. Survivability with it is really good. I have the other sets hundings etc.. (for when in group) but I simply don't enjoy them as much as staying alive when solo.

Also, bistat food at all times 5k to health and stamina.
  • Vash747
    Vash747
    Try 4 morkuldin, 4 marksmen (5 with bow), Leki's daggers or axes. Molag kena helm, velindreth shoulders. Sharpened all weapons, divines all armor. One heavy one light for undaunted mettle, 8 points health, the rest stamina, 1 health enchant on chest the rest armor enchants stamina. Weapon damage enchant on marksmen jewlery, your main hand weapon and bow have the increased weapon damage enchant. Poison or fire on your off hand weapon. Get vigor. You will run through enemies like they aren't there.
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Basium84Ts wrote: »
    But i changed to shadow mundus. It dropped my criticals from 75% to 50% something. But the new armor will make it higher i think.
    Change back to thief; no point doing more crit damage if you don't crit in the first place. Shadow mundus really only shines when you combine it with thief, but you need 5 piece TBS for that. Also pay attention to where you put your CP.

Vash747 wrote: »
    Molag kena helm, velindreth shoulders [...] One heavy one light for undaunted mettle
    I wouldn't bother with this if you're already struggling getting through content. You don't need it unless you're trying to min/max anyway.
    stam scrub
  • Basium84Ts
    Basium84Ts
    Soul Shriven
    These are my cp points right now:

The Lady:
    30 Hardy
    29 Elemental defender

The Tower:
    23 Warlord

The Lover:
    33 Healthy

The Ritual:
    45 Mighty
    9 Precise strikes
    2 Thaumaturge

Are they completely wrong?
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vash747 wrote: »
    Try 4 morkuldin, 4 marksmen (5 with bow), Leki's daggers or axes. Molag kena helm, velindreth shoulders. Sharpened all weapons, divines all armor. One heavy one light for undaunted mettle, 8 points health, the rest stamina, 1 health enchant on chest the rest armor enchants stamina. Weapon damage enchant on marksmen jewlery, your main hand weapon and bow have the increased weapon damage enchant. Poison or fire on your off hand weapon. Get vigor. You will run through enemies like they aren't there.

5th piece of marksman doesn't really help in PvE I thought ?
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the green champion point you wanna aim for
    stamina recovery and stamina reduction

the red champion point you totally right on

blue is fine until u get more ap and u can really see your dps go up more and more u put into that :)

and yeah as someone suggested, putting all your attribute points into stamina, and use health/stamina food, 100 stack if u cant craft it, cost like 3k in guild traders, that will give you 110+ game time with highers stats then you have now :)
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the good news is we are Much better then we were at PC beta and PC Launch, but, we nightblades are not built to fight anything toe to toe.
    we can try and sometimes we get lucky but our survival and sustain just isn't very high.
    we are mainly good at stealth attacks and Gank. especially from behind the enemy in both PvE and PvP.
    you will notice a good increase if you get to around 500 champion points.
    it's a long hard road and we need help to increase our damage and also survivability but that's just not in the cards for us right now.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 things.

First, move all your attributes into stam, you need to have at least 30k of that. Use some bistat food to get your health you, either Max health/max stam or the max health/stam recovery food.

Second, you need to up your weapon damage, do this by putting weapon damage glyphs on your jewelry. Aim for 3k WD, unbuffed.

Last, you have 2 spammables, surprise attack or rapid strikes, you do not need both. Personally I would just use surprise attack all the time. If this is strictly for PvE open world, use a two hander for rally. Best heal until you get vigor. If you want to keep duals, remorph rapid strikes to the other one that heals you, helps so much for survivability. Also drop reapers mark, use blood craze. Heals and damages.

Those are some pretty big stretch goals. Not going to deny those are great to aim for, but some of those will be out of reach unless you go for the meta in (gold) equipment. At 617 CP, I don't have 30k stamina and I just topple over 3k WD. If I eat a food with stamina, I'd easily be over 30k though (I go for stamina recovery though).

Those numbers are unbuffed though.
    Edited by ThePonzzz on January 9, 2017 4:35AM
  • Basium84Ts
    Basium84Ts
    Soul Shriven
    Bought 3 pieces of Lokis jewelry since mine were low lvl anyways.
    Weapon dmg increased from 1718 to 1736.
    Stamina recovery from 1377 to 1428.

Then i enchanted them with damage glyphs:
    Weapon dmg: 2273
    Stamina recovery: 745... :(

What am i missing? How could the stamina recovery drop?
    Edited by Basium84Ts on January 9, 2017 12:13PM
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe the jewelry had stamina recovery glyphs on them before you re-enhanted them to weapon glyphs
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    World bosses are not meant to be soloed.
    Find a group, preferably have a tank and a healer in the group.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will notice a big difference around cp 500 .
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    World bosses are not meant to be soloed.
    Find a group, preferably have a tank and a healer in the group.

At low level, yeh.

CP 500 and beyond they are all soloable on probably any class
  • Upright_man
    Upright_man
    ✭✭
    Bought 3 pieces of Lokis jewelry since mine were low lvl anyways.
    Weapon dmg increased from 1718 to 1736.
    Stamina recovery from 1377 to 1428.

Then i enchanted them with damage glyphs:
    Weapon dmg: 2273
    Stamina recovery: 745... :(

What am i missing? How could the stamina recovery drop?

I wouldn't worry about stamina recovery too much until your damage is higher, get siphoning strikes to help resource management and keep relentless focus up for extra stam recovery.

Gold your mainhand NMG sharpened dagger and you'll see a good increase.

Flawless Dawnbreaker could add another 8% weapon damage if you also have fighters guild passive.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBs are squishy squishes who squish. I'm at about the same CP level as you are on my DW stamblade, and while she's loads of fun in most cases, there are some bosses that make me want to tear my hair out. I did one of the DB quests last night, and the boss was having me screaming at the screen, because why would they expect a sneaky assassin-type to be able to handle a two-on-one pitched fight?

Here's what I do:
    • Don't underestimate the usefulness of the Siphoning line root skill. It's an excellent panic button against bosses, because if you're overwhelmed by a single opponent, you can smack them with that, then spend the next twenty seconds healing and letting your resources replenish. i only equip it on hard boss fights... but it has saved my squishy butt. I remember the Eastmarch final boss threw me around with his giant sword through about 4 deaths, until I equipped that and CCed him to an entirely manageable boss.
    • I highly recommend putting the DW ultimate on that bar. It does good DoT while healing you. It makes bosses a lot less painful by giving you some heal-over-time so you can concentrate on dealing damage.
    • Don't feel guilty to cheese it... you're a Nightblade, so you're supposed to find tricky ways to kill your enemies! Cloak mid-fight to interrupt their channel attack, then get behind them for a sneak attack! Dodge behind pillars and kite like the wind! One of my favorites is to cloak into a group of humanoid enemies and sneak up behind one for a Blade of Woe instakill. Also? Spamming flurry while literally strafing circles around the bosses. You'd be surprised how much time the bosses take to re-orient when you do this. It's cheese, but it works, and what is an NB who doesn't use every trick they can?
    • Steal bread. It's everywhere...in towns, in dungeons, out in the open world near campsites... Having a little Crusty Bread in the inventory can give you a little health boost for general PvEing, so you don't waste higher quality food on delves and "10 bear butt" quests.
    • And this one seems obvious... but learn the battle system backwards and forwards. Of any class, NBs are the ones who need to be most ready to react. We need to dodge what should be dodged, interrupt what should be interrupted, and block what should be blocked. If we don't, we're the first to get squished. The best gear in the world isn't going to help if a Watcher zaps you point-blank with his eye-of-doom death ray. But you probably know the system by now, at 169 CP.

My biggest takeaway with running an NB is to be flexible. Level more skills than just the five you use for PvE, because you never know what might be the right one to pull out on a tough boss. Shake up your strategy for a while, and try a couple different styles to see what sticks.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Basium84Ts
    Basium84Ts
    Soul Shriven
    "NBs are squishy squishes who squish" :D

My survivability has increased so much now! I can even kill trolls now!

I cant try all the things you guys suggested yet. But i got the new jewelry and enchanted them with weapon damage and changed my skill to:

1. Reletless focus
    2. Blood craze
    3. Bloodthirst (spam)
    4. Killers blade

And funnel health every 4 seconds :p
  • abreen28
    abreen28
    ✭✭
    I really don't plan on pvp'ing to get vigor, I'm not a pvp person. With that said, do you go bow/2h then or 2h/DW or try to survive bow/DW?
  • Basium84Ts
    Basium84Ts
    Soul Shriven
    Daggers for most damage. If its something tougher i just use bow and keep them poisoned and myself healed >:)

Also i just noticed im getting around 2700 damage with daggers pretty often, so might just stay with the briarheart set i have!
  • Victoria_Marquis
    Victoria_Marquis
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys! I need some help with my stamina nightblade.
    Pretty much any boss can 1 hit kill me. Their aoe attacks are 1 hits. A normal giant can kill me in 2 hits if one of them is a skill.
    And no. Im not trying to stand still and tank >:)

I'm cp 169 now and i've got pretty good gear.
    Armor is a full Briarheart set. Daggers and bow are nightmothers gaze. Sword singers accesories. Everything is purple. (Divines on armor and sharpened on weapons with crusher enchantments)
    Currently saving for 2 armor pieces from nightmothers gaze set. And rest from Hundings rage. I want this combo set so i can increase my damage since it's also pretty low.

Here's a pic of my character stats:
    eso_stats.jpg

Lately i've been trying alot of different skills. And these are the skills im using right now:

1. Grim focus + reapers mark
    2. Surprise attack and then spam Rapid strikes
    3. Finish with Killer's blade. If i get that far lol

Any help from a nightblade would be appreciated <3

Depending on what you want to do, on any character it's always good to be level 50 to have at least 17-20k in health so not to be a one hit wonder. If you solo your going to need health,... if you can team up with a healer you do not have to have as much health and can put more points into stamina for extra DPS....
    In the Assassin tree line you can morph the Skill to give back some health, and on your back up bar go down syphon, everything there heals you or stuns mobs...
    As for world Bosses, no one can solo those these days, my husband and I have taken down world Bosses, but we high bread as Tank/DPs and Healer/DPS. Takes us some time and a lot of kitting but two players who know what they are doing can kill world bosses.
    It's just more effective to have more people to help.
    Vampire's kiss is a good crafting Armor set as it heals you every time you kill anything, even a rat.... You can fight a boss, and if you get low on health kill any mundane creatures to get healed, or any weak mobs and that can keep you in the fight.
    Food and potions are a must, crafting food is always a good skill to have, get some that maxes out health and stamina...
    And again, make friends with healers and a tank, have sex with them, pay them, whatever it takes to make the Holly Trinity and stick with them...
    Edited by Victoria_Marquis on January 13, 2017 7:32PM
  • nodulo
    nodulo
    ✭✭✭
    You absolutely need to get some damage over time abilities and mix them in refreshing them between your spammable in your case Suprise attack.

DoT's you should try - endless hail, poison injection, re-arming trap and rending slashes. Even half-heartedly keeping these up will boost your DPS massively!

Then concentrate on animation cancelling with light attacks between every ability cast.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget about combat mechanics.
    All the equipment and CPs in the world won't help you in the slightest in certain situations if you don't know how to pro-act and react to what the enemy is, or enemies are, doing in battle.
    Very basic mechanics can be found here and they're a must for surviving. They can also be found in the combat section of our help menu (F1) in-game. An enemy's most dangerous attack/s are almost always interruptible or blockable.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on January 13, 2017 9:08PM
    If you can be anything, be kind.