Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773
We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wednesday at 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC).

How many crowns are you willing to pay for notable homes?

ScooberSteve
ScooberSteve
✭✭✭✭
Edited by ScooberSteve on January 6, 2017 1:44AM

How many crowns are you willing to pay for notable homes? 27 votes

5000 crowns
62%
BowserixieSkayaqSoellaCastanameredroids097PalindiilReifBalticBluesAdamBourkeRecremenZagnut123Zagnut123GlaiceanaAmyxleexownsxuBlackfyre20The_UndefinedCitrusKiss 17 votes
10,000 crowns
11%
RavinyaScooberStevebubbygink 3 votes
15,000 crowns
0%
20,000 crowns
3%
susmitds 1 vote
0 crowns
22%
wayfarerxValen_ByteKetarmishVonovosiajwest927Excaltic 6 votes
  • The_Undefined
    The_Undefined
    ✭✭✭✭
    5000 crowns
    I think 5000 would be my absolute top limit, and tbh I'm not even sure I would pay that much.
    Options
  • ScooberSteve
    ScooberSteve
    ✭✭✭✭
    10,000 crowns
    Well hopefully if enough people vote ZOS will take this feedback into consideration and will lower the prices because they are going to be high.
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5000 crowns
    LOL what on earth is with your pricing? No way anything but the manors are going to be more than 5k Crowns.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • ScooberSteve
    ScooberSteve
    ✭✭✭✭
    10,000 crowns
    Recremen wrote: »
    LOL what on earth is with your pricing? No way anything but the manors are going to be more than 5k Crowns.

Notable homes are the most expensive ones. Small medium large and notable.
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5000 crowns

Yeah, I get that, but it all uses existing art assets. Why would they make them so relatively cheap for gold only to go that overboard on the price in Crowns? Crowns are supposed to be the preferred option, from a marketing pesepective, and 200 dollar homes is probably not preferred.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • SunfireKnight86
    SunfireKnight86
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I get that, but it all uses existing art assets. Why would they make them so relatively cheap for gold only to go that overboard on the price in Crowns? Crowns are supposed to be the preferred option, from a marketing pesepective, and 200 dollar homes is probably not preferred.

On gold seller sites, 1 million gold is close to $100 US. Assuming they cut those prices in half, ZOS would be charging $175 bones for the cost of a manor house. (And that's assuming they cut it in half)

To be clear, I'm not advocating buying gold. Don't do it. You'll get caught. Yada, yada. Warning, warning. What I'm saying is ZOS knows the price of their currency, and they know if people will pay 5k, or $40, for a piece of *** mount with *** poor animation, people will damn well pay 5x that for a big ass house they can play with for weeks. I've been saying it for weeks. They made the elk crappy and overpriced it on purpose to gauge the market. People still bought it. Even if only 500 people did, 500 x 40 is 20k dollars, and you can bet they spent less man hours on it than that. (And you can bet more than 500 people bought it)

tl:dr: If you think you're getting a manor for less than $120-175 dollars through the CS, reconsider.
    Edited by SunfireKnight86 on January 6, 2017 5:10AM
    Options
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    0 crowns
    tl:dr: If you think you're getting a manor for less than $120-175 dollars through the CS, reconsider.

I think the manors will probably be around $50-$75 and the crown-store-exclusive ones will be $100+. I mean, we've seen the $30 derp-elk, a private island for $150 doesn't seem too far outside the realm of possibility.

Personally I'm just happy I can play the game and get the houses I want, I'm tired of all the credit card warrior bull.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • SunfireKnight86
    SunfireKnight86
    ✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

I think the manors will probably be around $50-$75 and the crown-store-exclusive ones will be $100+. I mean, we've seen the $30 derp-elk, a private island for $150 doesn't seem too far outside the realm of possibility.

Personally I'm just happy I can play the game and get the houses I want, I'm tired of all the credit card warrior bull.

Yeah. I don't care either way. I've been an adult in the real world long enough to know that people with more money get nicer things. Just a fact of life. I'm pleased as punch that I can afford a large house and eventually save up enough for the manor. I will not be spending crowns on any of that.
    Options
  • SunfireKnight86
    SunfireKnight86
    ✭✭✭✭
    As an aside, does it bother you that people use their money in the game? I've never understood the logic behind people getting upset about how strangers spend their dough. That's like sitting outside a shoe store and screaming at everyone who buys Air Jordans.
    Options