Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773
We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wednesday at 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC).

Target Skeleton can only be required by Master Crafting Writs?

Khaos_Bane
Khaos_Bane
✭✭✭✭✭
Can the target skeleton only be acquired through Master crafting writs ? Is it tradable in guild stores ? This is something that people should have access to mid game as they are leveling to 50. This should be open to everyone.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if i understand it correctly they will sourced from master writs, but then tradable, which means they can be bought sold through traders/zone for example

but i cant imagine them being cheap due to the difficulty of acquiring them (even for established players/master crafters)

Options
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did a master crafting writ for the housing currency thing, went to the vendor outside Daggerfall and bought the skeleton recipe and learned it. It cost 1 currency on PTS but I imagine that could change.

I don't think they quite realized how utterly absurd the resources required for all stages of housing and furniture are. I can't even get anything like enough gold upgrade mats for my 12 characters let alone to make some couches.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personal opinion

I believe some of the furniture should be those wooden and straw targets.

With much less life but accessible once a house is purchased.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @runagate

Now that you have learned the Test dummy recipy are you able to make an unlimited number of them? (resources permitting)
    and are they bound to you or tradeable/sellable?

could a guild for example buy a mannor with a large courtyard and fill it will test dummies from 1 recipy or will they ned to learn a new recipy every time?
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They won't sell cheap that's for sure. Not with the amount of and/or rarity of some of the needed materials

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can make all that you want. You cannot transfer the recipe nor the dummy, though, so far as I remember.

They require something like 253 bones (the style mat) which is kind of funny.
    Options
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @runagate

Now that you have learned the Test dummy recipy are you able to make an unlimited number of them? (resources permitting)

could a guild for example buy a mannor with a large courtyard and fill it will test dummies from 1 recipy or will they ned to learn a new recipy every time?

It's my understanding that you have to do another crafting writ and buy the dummy at the vendor to be able to craft it again.

Options
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    @runagate

It's my understanding that you have to do another crafting writ and buy the dummy at the vendor to be able to craft it again.

No, once you have the recipe you can craft more of them. You just need a crap ton of bone (206 per dummy).
    It doesn't say bound on the item when it is in your inventory... I was able to mail it to someone else...
    Options
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 206 bones in the human body.
    Options
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlon wrote: »
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    @runagate

No, once you have the recipe you can craft more of them. You just need a crap ton of bone (206 per dummy).
    It doesn't say bound on the item when it is in your inventory... I was able to mail it to someone else...

Thanks for the info !

Options
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »
    There are 206 bones in the human body.

How many do you suppose are in an argonian's? That tail...
    Options
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so what im reading is horde bones now - make money soon! LOL
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait so can someone just explain how the mats and recepies are acquired please?

If dummies are going to be expensive and rare like that, I gotta save up!
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • MopeyHat
    MopeyHat
    ✭✭✭✭

It's all in the patch notes - ctrl-f for master writs.

Tldr: do regular writs on your crafter (more research/motifs the better chance) to possibly get master writs, or buy them off someone else. The writs tell you to make a specific item(s) - quality, trait, style and even set specific. Those give you vouchers based on how difficult it was - I've heard as many as 96.

Spend vouchers at the special vendor in the alliance capitals on recipes, items, etc.

Furnishing recipes call for all kinds of crap - depends on the type (one type per crafting profession). The recipes will probably require some item from the profession they are in, but I think they can ask for ANY of the new furnishing-specific items (eg heartwood from wood gathering, basic rune from runes). And Skeleton is praxis (enchanting) for instance, so it requires Kuta iirc and is crafted at an enchanting station . They also require a large number of style items (eg nickel for imperial items).
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MopeyHat wrote: »

It's all in the patch notes - ctrl-f for master writs.

Tldr: do regular writs on your crafter (more research/motifs the better chance) to possibly get master writs, or buy them off someone else. The writs tell you to make a specific item(s) - quality, trait, style and even set specific. Those give you vouchers based on how difficult it was - I've heard as many as 96.

Spend vouchers at the special vendor in the alliance capitals on recipes, items, etc.

Furnishing recipes call for all kinds of crap - depends on the type (one type per crafting profession). The recipes will probably require some item from the profession they are in, but I think they can ask for ANY of the new furnishing-specific items (eg heartwood from wood gathering, basic rune from runes). And Skeleton is praxis (enchanting) for instance, so it requires Kuta iirc and is crafted at an enchanting station . They also require a large number of style items (eg nickel for imperial items).

So basically we can get asked to craft a pair of gold nirnhoned yokudan swords? Daymn... Thanks a lot though!
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like that I need rank 6 provisioning to make the dummy. I have leveled every other craft up to max but cooking because of how you obtain the recipes and ingredients. Other professions I could level by doing while cooking always seemed lame and RNG focused. Enchanting even makes sense for the dummy since your basically making an animated golem for people to beat on. Cooking feels off though. It will probablly be cheaper to pour money into maxing cooking than buying a dummy though. A feature that somany people have asked for is bound to generate gold in the 2-500k+ range per dummy, especially if the ingredients like animus stones are super rare.

Should be a profit to be made setting up a house with a dummy and all the DLC crafting stations. Then you can charge X fee for a house invite to craft and dps test at your house.
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
    Options
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    were do you get bones from? I do not think I have ever seen any.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »

Bones are the Bosmer racial trait style item. You get it from a lot of sources in game but the best way is to buy it crafting vendors that sell for 1 g each. So it is not going to be hard to get them.
    Options
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »

Bones are the Bosmer racial trait style item. You get it from a lot of sources in game but the best way is to buy it crafting vendors that sell for 1 g each. So it is not going to be hard to get them.

Now I feel very very silly

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Options