Frost Staff Tanking PvP Update 13 (Theory Crafting)

XpoZeD_GoD
XpoZeD_GoD
✭✭
So as many will have seen there have been several changes in this upcoming patch to destruction staves in general but without a doubt the most interest being the changes to frost staff which will bring it near enough in line with sword and board. When I first saw this I thought it sounded like a terrible idea but the more I think about it the more I think there could be some very viable builds. As I am a console player I will not be able to play around on the PTS and try anything but I have theory crafted what could potentially be the ultimate perma block tank for PvP which utilises the new 'Magickasteal' debuff.

The idea is to use the Templar class as it has it's own ways to get magicka back even without any regen, Rune Focus. With this applied it should be fairly easy to maintain your magicka pool while it should be drained by attackers. Templar also has access to an AoE 'magickasteal' with the new Restoring Aura. If this new debuff is applied to multiple enemies who are stood in a Purifying Light then the magicka pool surely won't be able to move (in theory).

I obviously can't be sure of any gameplay at the moment but if this could be viable then if someone were to try this and then also have a seperate bar for damage then surely this could potentially make Frost Staff Templar Tanks Gods within PvP.
Xbox EU
~650 CP
Breton Nightblade (AD)
Argonian DK (AD) [Tank]
Altmer Sorcerer (AD)
Bosmer Nightblade (AD)
Imperial Templar (AD)
Dunmer DK (AD)
Argonian Templar (AD) [Healer]
Redguard Sorcerer (AD)
Breton Templar (EP)
Redguard DK (DC)
Imperial Sorcerer (EP)
Khajiit Nightblade (DC)
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OR

You could use Restoring Aura with Blazing Shield for (in theory) infinite magic
    Argonian forever
    Options