Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

Can you sell your house

skiptomyluau
skiptomyluau
✭✭✭
As stated. Can you sell your house to players or an NPC real estate agent?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Once you buy them, they're bound to you I'm sure.

These houses are instanced. Other players are going to buy the same house you do.
    Edited by ArchMikem on January 4, 2017 7:37PM
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a terrible setback.

What if the house is not big enough or the stupid item limit makes the house not interesting enough to keep? Preview is one thing, having it for real, putting stuff for your taste is something else.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What if the house is not big enough or the stupid item limit makes the house not interesting enough to keep? Preview is one thing, having it for real, putting stuff for your taste is something else.

choose carefully...

#caveatemptor
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can preview the house before you buy it. Also I heard that people can allow players from their guild (or others) to access the house so you have few ways to see what your getting before you buy it
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• skiptomyluau
    skiptomyluau
    ✭✭✭
    I think gettung guildmates to all chip in on a mansion and having guild access will be fun
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then buy a another/bigger house. You can own multiple.

• magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Then buy a another/bigger house. You can own multiple
    I'm already buying the big one but I'm perfectionist with the Homestead subject (not only in here)
    Edited by magnusthorek on January 4, 2017 11:08PM
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think gettung guildmates to all chip in on a mansion and having guild access will be fun

But not happening, at least at this time.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do they work the same as mounts do insofar as they're account bound? I'm assuming they will be accessible to all your characters, but thought I'd ask. I admit, I have read little regarding housing.
  • skiptomyluau
    skiptomyluau
    ✭✭✭

But not happening, at least at this time.

Why not? Everyone kicks in guildmaster buys manor snd sets guild access?
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The guild this is my concern. I have a great guild so it's not a personal concern, but I think it's upsetting that you can't make housing a guild asset so if someone decides they don't want to play that there isn't a big loss for the guild.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • trav2609rwb17_ESO
    trav2609rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Do they work the same as mounts do insofar as they're account bound? I'm assuming they will be accessible to all your characters, but thought I'd ask. I admit, I have read little regarding housing.

Yep they account bound. And accessible to all your chars.

From the Homestead notes:
    "Except for the entry-level apartment, which is free after completing a short quest, all of the initially-available homes can be purchased with in-game gold or crowns.

You may own one of every home, all the way up to all 39 available at launch!
    Homes are shared across all characters on your account."
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We're not all Rockefellers. For many if not most players the only way to afford one of the larger houses would be to buy a smaller one at first and then sell it later to part pay for a bigger house. We can sell other bound gear, so selling houses is not exactly rocket science.
    Edited by TheRealPotoroo on January 5, 2017 6:07AM
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We're not all Rockefellers. For many if not most players the only way to afford one of the larger houses would be to buy a smaller one at first and then sell it later to part pay for a bigger house. We can sell other bound gear, so selling houses is not exactly rocket science.

I highly doubt selling the house will be a thing. These are meant to be a one and done gold sink, once you buy it, it's yours, final. That's why there are 39 of them, it's designed as one big ol' achievement to someday own all of them.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you sell bound gear though?

If you could sell houses you could have a whole renovate and sell market going on.
    Not sure if that would be a good thing.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What if you split from your other half does she get half the house