The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Warden class incoming?

• Praeficere
    Praeficere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look at it the other way, they're adding this stuff due to the lack of an ice class - allowing all current classes to become ice mages.
    Though the shadow has moved not,
    A thousand miles I’ve passed –
    Ageless as the mountains but forgetting not the past.

Are you Resolute?
    PC EU Progression Guild
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    I hope that they don't even bother with Warden until they fire the current Devs behind these recent changes. We need much more competant people to fix ESO.

Heck, they'd have me paying $100 a month if they hired Alcast, Fengrush, Sypher, Deltia, Yolowizard, and a lot of simply smart people to make changes. People who play the game. At least then we'd see multiple full campaigns again because we wouldn't have mindnumbingly stupid OP sets and broken asf Heavy Armor on both Tanks/Healers/DPS in PvP alike.

Instead they've further ruined balance, rather than make attempts to fix it. It's unbelievable how bad things are going to be next patch for PvP. And PvE? Well now every Magicka Sorc DPS gets to farm out both Sharpened Inferno AND Shock staves instead of one of either, due to the Destruction Staff passive changes. If you don't have both staves to switch out between fights, you will crush your DPS. So all I have to look foward to next patch is:
    1. Massive amounts of pre-patch nMoL grinding for Sharpened Moondancer staves
    2. Quitting PvP entirely, being a strictly PvE-oriented player
    3. A house between my guildmates that I can't store gear in
    4. Wait LONGER for a new zone w/ real content, which will amount to 9 months since a zone released. Plus the last two were tiny zones.

Only one good thing has happened for me, which is the addition of the Silken Ring/Mazzatun motifs so I can decon the hundreds of gear pieces Ive stored for style mats.

I really hate what's going on right now.

So true!
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have three characters of each class, so zos, if you do this, I need to get three more slots.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure what is so punishing about the possibility of having a new class. As a longstanding player you will be at great advantage over any new player building a Warden (or whatever). The new player will not only have to build his Warden, but he will also have to build CP, crafting, etc. Meanwhile you will have capped CP and mow through content with ease compared to the new guy. If you want to go through and get achievements on every character I realize that will take some time, but that would not be any different than the situation you had already. I do feel however if they were to add a new class, they really need to offer more character slots.

I already explained, but let me repeat.

I will need to delete on of my character and possibly some of my belongings just to try that new class. I would have enough character slots if I had an option to create a character of that class earlier, but not anymore.

If I like it and want to now main it, I will have to repeat all the dumb grind again just to catch up with progress I HAVE ALREADY MADE on my main. It's not related to other players whatsoever. In fact, new players will have a bit of advantage here, because they can choose to main the new class and they won't have to repeat all the achievements - they will do them for the first time and it won't be as dumb and boring.

Well and the last thing - if I wanted to play class-based MMO I'd choose one of many already existing. The whole point of teh game in TES universe was that I won't be missing out much when I create my character and I can always change what I'm doing without having to repeat all the content again. Well, it's almost ruined with having some skills gated behind the class and racial passives being so significant in end-game, but adding another class is a step in the wrong direction and would definitely make me feel like I'm being ignored (and not just me, there was quite a few of us opposing any classes since beta). But this last thing is irrelevant to what you asked.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current 4 classes aren't even balanced yet, adding a new class should be and remain a very distant dream.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that they don't even bother with Warden until they fire the current Devs behind these recent changes. We need much more competant people to fix ESO.

Heck, they'd have me paying $100 a month if they hired Alcast, Fengrush, Sypher, Deltia, Yolowizard, and a lot of simply smart people to make changes.

"Smart" as in badmouth the company, then get confused when they drop you like a hot potato "smart?"

EDIT: Typo.

Drop me? For someone with 9 stars I'd have thought you might understand how this works a bit more.

If ZOS dropped everyone who has talked bad about their many blatantly terrible decisions over the years, no community would still be left to take money from. Even moreso, I'm one of the few guys in particular who actually helps out the community in numerous ways. I'm not on their list of people to cut off, and I doubt I ever will be.

Rather than supporting ZOS when they are setting up their game to fail, it'd be much better to actually push for positive change. That way this game can become balanced and grow instead of heading down the current downward spiral. Balance and performance (on console, but probably PC also) are at an all-time low along with the PvP population.

Yeah it's cool to suck up to ZOS and be on their good side like you're doing, but honestly what's the point? It's time to tell it like it is. PvP is horrible right now and ZOS is clueless on how to fix it. The Devs in charge aren't listening to people who know what needs to be done and would rather make random changes that no one has ever asked for. This current PTS has brought the worst out of our Devs. Balance is a mess right now and I see no reason why after so long it might get better sometime in Update 14, three months after player housing releases.

We need to replace the guys who are totally ruining this game's balance. Put whoever calls for these decisions in other positions that don't include having the final word. Or get rid of them and hire better people. If you think I'm wrong about all of this, go ahead and tell me why our campaign populations were cut down a ton from their original player caps and why each server only has one campaign with a full population (if at all) left. Explain why Drinks+Recovery glyphs+sustain sets were needed for good sustain in the past, but now you can eat Food, stack Heavy Armor with a full damage setup, and make builds that oneshot most people in PvP with perfectly manageable sustain. It's absolutely not because our Devs are doing even a competent job at balancing ESO. A game like this should have an extraordinarily large PvP player base, and it used to. Stuff like this, together with that horrid lag, completely killed Cyrodiil.

Update 13 was supposed to be the "player housing/balance" update. These recent balance changes have almost all been pretty bad, and have created many more issues than were solved. ZOS also has a history of not fixing broken/imbalanced stuff on the PTS. I don't know about you, but I have a feeling next patch will drop the PvP population even lower (which should not be possible) because One Tamriel PvP was the "last straw" for a lot of players looking to next update for hope.

I remember when PvP was the big focus of ESO, especially advertisement-wise..... now ZOS avoids mentioning the phrase "Cyrodiil" at all.

Smh. At least you can still RP in peace....
    Edited by Vaoh on January 6, 2017 2:47AM
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this exact thing when I saw the frost staff taunt.
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »

I'm not sure what is so punishing about the possibility of having a new class. As a longstanding player you will be at great advantage over any new player building a Warden (or whatever). The new player will not only have to build his Warden, but he will also have to build CP, crafting, etc. Meanwhile you will have capped CP and mow through content with ease compared to the new guy. If you want to go through and get achievements on every character I realize that will take some time, but that would not be any different than the situation you had already. I do feel however if they were to add a new class, they really need to offer more character slots.

I will need to delete on of my character and possibly some of my belongings just to try that new class. I would have enough character slots if I had an option to create a character of that class earlier, but not anymore.

If I like it and want to now main it, I will have to repeat all the dumb grind again just to catch up with progress I HAVE ALREADY MADE on my main. It's not related to other players whatsoever. In fact, new players will have a bit of advantage here, because they can choose to main the new class and they won't have to repeat all the achievements - they will do them for the first time and it won't be as dumb and boring.

Well and the last thing - if I wanted to play class-based MMO I'd choose one of many already existing. The whole point of teh game in TES universe was that I won't be missing out much when I create my character and I can always change what I'm doing without having to repeat all the content again. Well, it's almost ruined with having some skills gated behind the class and racial passives being so significant in end-game, but adding another class is a step in the wrong direction and would definitely make me feel like I'm being ignored (and not just me, there was quite a few of us opposing any classes since beta). But this last thing is irrelevant to what you asked.

Let's address the points you've been constantly reiterating:

"I will need to delete on of my character and possibly some of my belongings just to try that new class. I would have enough character slots if I had an option to create a character of that class earlier, but not anymore.

If I like it and want to now main it, I will have to repeat all the dumb grind again just to catch up with progress I HAVE ALREADY MADE on my main. It's not related to other players whatsoever. In fact, new players will have a bit of advantage here, because they can choose to main the new class and they won't have to repeat all the achievements - they will do them for the first time and it won't be as dumb and boring"

Again, this is not ZOS's fault, but yours. Your argument against a new class addition is because you don't want grind out achievements (which we have to do with alts anyways) again? That's a really entitled attitude to have. Additionally, ZOS can simply make more character slots available if they release a new class, if space is such an issue for you.

"if I wanted to play class-based MMO I'd choose one of many already existing. The whole point of teh game in TES universe was that I won't be missing out much when I create my character and I can always change what I'm doing without having to repeat all the content again"

Besides Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls series has always featured classes. With the exception of class-based abilities, all the skill lines are usable by other classes. I personally have no problem with class-restricted abilities, as it makes each class interesting and diverse, and gives players an incentive to pour more hours into the game which, by the way, is a big component (ie. time sink) of MMO's in general.

"and not just me, there was quite a few of us opposing any classes since beta"

Completely anecdotal.

Your problems obviously stem deeper than just a new class addition. You seem to have a major problem with core game mechanics that ZOS has implemented into their MMO.

Why don't you address your qualms with ESO's character-restricted achievements, and player classes in a new thread instead of this one?
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have 12 Veteran characters and I'm capped on CP. I'll go through the same issue you speak of. This is why I said it is my hope that they would let us make more characters, because I've put too much work into the ones I've got and the builds I've got. Each character is built for something uniquely different, so I understand your point. I just feel you're making mountains out of a molehill.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heck, they'd have me paying $100 a month if they hired Alcast, Fengrush, Sypher, Deltia, Yolowizard, and a lot of simply smart people to make changes.

"Smart" as in badmouth the company, then get confused when they drop you like a hot potato "smart?"

EDIT: Typo.

Drop me? For someone with 9 stars I'd have thought you might understand how this works a bit more.

Fengrush went off on the devs in an incendiary fashion and was then confused when ZOS terminated their relationship with him.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    But for an IP which is synonymous with not having classes...

Really? How many Elder Scrolls games lack classes? Oh, right, only one. Two if you get snarky and want to include Redguard. So far as it goes, the Sorcerer and Nightblade are classes from the single player games.
    To be fair, it was an open system: we were never prevented from using skills of other classes before.

That's also not quite true. In Arena each class had unique abilities that were exclusive to them. Daggerfall (and Battlespire) had class modifiers which were selected at character creation, but were unique in their own right, and permanently affected how your class played.

Morrowind was the first to do away with that system, but the starting skill levels for off class abilities were crippling. Which Oblivion kept, while further enforced that by restricting some basic functionality to the various skill lines unless you had 25 points in them.

In Morrowind and Oblivion it was technically possible to go off class, but your XP gains were penalized, and your ability to actually use those skills was seriously impaired until you got to a basic level of proficiency with them (and your XP gains would always be penalized).

So, your class choice did affect how your character would play. It was more subtle than Arena's system, but a Nightblade and Warrior would have vastly different experiences.

Then, Skyrim bulldozed all of that. I get why. The differences weren't immediately apparent, so you'd end up spending five or ten hours on a character, then realize it didn't really mesh with your playstyle, and according to Todd Howard, most players weren't willing to take the time and suffering in order to off spec their characters into what they wanted.

I actually tended to use out of class skills in Morrowind because it allowed me to control the pace of my leveling experience. Classes were ironically a roadblock in that game, and I actually leveled my characters in Morrowind based upon 'doing the opposite' of what was in the class.

Oblivion's level scaling was the big offender there. Morrowind, at least, didn't aggressively punish the player for leveling up.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scallan wrote: »
    Again, this is not ZOS's fault, but yours. Your argument against a new class addition is because you don't want grind out achievements (which we have to do with alts anyways) again? That's a really entitled attitude to have. Additionally, ZOS can simply make more character slots available if they release a new class, if space is such an issue for you.

How is this my fault? I shouldn't be expected to do this. If anything, the game was announced with 4 classes and I picked one and did achievements on it. Obviously I don't need to do them on alts. Alts are for hirelings and in case the balance is too bad for my main. Now if they add a new class, that means they devalued my choice that I made back in 2014. Because back then I was told that the game will have 4 classes, no one ever mention class 5 appearing in the future. Moreover, they said that they only had classes for people to have some direction and the game wasn't supposed to have any rigid division. Didn't sound like adding another class.

How is this my fault, that I took all my character slots? How is this my fault that I started playing since pre-release and invested time and gold doing achievements on my main that I obviously wouldn't do more than once (=on any alt). If I knew there will be another class, I would at least leave a character slot for it. I probably wouldnt' use the name I already used and I wouldn't waste time on achievements knowing I will need to redo them again.
    Besides Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls series has always featured classes. With the exception of class-based abilities, all the skill lines are usable by other classes. I personally have no problem with class-restricted abilities, as it makes each class interesting and diverse, and gives players an incentive to pour more hours into the game which, by the way, is a big component (ie. time sink) of MMO's in general.

Ok now this is complete nonsense. Have you played games besides skyrim?? Classes there meant NOTHING but the attribute/characteristics (or whatever it was called) distribution in the beginning of the game. Moreover, you could create your OWN class. And in the end, all classes would be come the same because you'd max out what you want and you would have access to everything on just one character. This is absolutely nothing similar to what we have here with rigid classes and lots of skills unavailable for classes. Basically, 18 skill lines are locked for a player once he chooses a class and he will never try them.

Completely anecdotal.

Your problems obviously stem deeper than just a new class addition. You seem to have a major problem with core game mechanics that ZOS has implemented into their MMO.

Why don't you address your qualms with ESO's character-restricted achievements, and player classes in a new thread instead of this one?

Ugh duh. Anecdotal. How else? Did you want a peer-reviewed paper or something?

Of course I'll address it here. Somebody mentions a new class, someone else has to remind that not everyone wants it. I might address it in every other thread I see. I see no reason in creating a new thread about it. This perspective is only needed when a new class is brought up. It's like the 3rd newton's law..
    I have 12 Veteran characters and I'm capped on CP. I'll go through the same issue you speak of. This is why I said it is my hope that they would let us make more characters, because I've put too much work into the ones I've got and the builds I've got. Each character is built for something uniquely different, so I understand your point. I just feel you're making mountains out of a molehill.

Well see, for me this is probably the most important thing. Progress = achievements for me. And right now when they are not account-wide, rerolling a new class is simply not an option. Playing a new class feels like a waste of time as long as it doesn't have all the achievements my main has.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Artis - I'm with you on wishing Achievements were account-wide. I get the reasons for and against, but there's just some things that are painful to re-grind.

US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok now this is complete nonsense. Have you played games besides skyrim?? Classes there meant NOTHING but the attribute/characteristics (or whatever it was called) distribution in the beginning of the game.

Class skills and non-class skills gained XP at different rates in Morrowind and Oblivion. Meaning it was more difficult to advance off class skills. So your class was still affecting things until you hit 100 in a skill line. (Also Major and Minor skills in Morrowind advanced at different rates.)

Also, because of how the dice worked in Morrowind, raising a skill from 5 to 20 (when you could actually start using it) required significant effort on the part of the player.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope they do something frost and nature magic is my favorite in games and it would be put into one class.
    the way I see those lines going is
    winter embrace is mostly magick line
    nature one is a mix
    animal companions mostly stam for stam pet build

to be a range frost mage is my dream and if they mix it with nature magic with support and HoTs healing spells I would delete all my toons that one re find all those stupid lore book and deal with stupid slow mount
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yes, I understand how, from looking at a wiki, you could get the idea that these aren't classes in the traditional sense.

No I've played Morrowind onwards, i.e. all the classless ones. I provided links to the wiki as proof.

Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim (post patch 1.9) are classless. Characters can learn all skills and abilities without restriction.

Morrowind and Oblivion have something they label as classes but which definitely don't meet that definition in gaming terms.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only Elder Scrolls game that hasn't featured classes is Skyrim. Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Oblivion have all featured classes within their games.

You kind of have that backwards.

What Morrowind and Oblivion called classes, definitely aren't by standard gaming definitions. Players can learn and max all skills without restriction. Players can learn all spells. Classes give you a higher level in some skills at the beginning of the game and determine which skills are used in their levelling scheme.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Classes

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Classes

Skyrim wasn't classless at launch because there wax a level cap and not enough levels to earn enough perk points to train all perks. That was very unpopular though and changed in the 1.9 patch, which with the legendary system allowed skills to be reset and levelled again and effectively removed the level cap.
  • Militan1404
    Militan1404
    ✭✭✭
    Hope not, we allready got like 4 magica oriented like classes with some stamina morphs. Hopefully we get somthing more like a stamina class with some magica morphs.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    And yes, I understand how, from looking at a wiki, you could get the idea that these aren't classes in the traditional sense.

No I've played Morrowind onwards, i.e. all the classless ones. I provided links to the wiki as proof.

Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim (post patch 1.9) are classless. Characters can learn all skills and abilities without restriction.

Morrowind and Oblivion have something they label as classes but which definitely don't meet that definition in gaming terms.
    There is no set in stone definition of a class in a video game. Yes, we can learn all skills in Morrowind and Oblivion and in that regard they are different from ESO, but the leveling system is rigidly linked to our class skills. This alone makes them more than just "builds" or "suggestions", as some people called them. Skyrim is the only truly classless game.
  • itsrickyspanish
    itsrickyspanish
    Soul Shriven
    I am what you would probably call a lurker in ESO, I don't talk much or comment much but I play the game and I am happy regardless of any changes. It has been far too long since ESO started with little to no character customisation in regards to abilities and skills, the options are weak.

Balance wise, it will never be correct. Sorry to burst a bubble but it wont happen. The numbers will always fluctuate. The same is true for most games, if you pop to their forums the same titles and threads appear, so argue as you wish about balance but it cannot be fixed. The numbers game MMO's use are too open to interpretation by individuals, it would take some spectacular talent to fix all classes, skill lines and add new abilities in to fix the gaps to make all the numbers for every single PvP and PvE Sta/Mag instance add up to a acceptable level that every single user of ESO will enjoy and like. Even then it would not be balanced and true.

I say add the class, I love the Warden. It will fill some gaps that are needed (aka - Ice and nature magic) and provide a new base to work from. Balance will always be worked on, forever and until the end of the game when the servers are shut. Adding a class only happens once, and likely it will be a profitable and welcome change from the fearful norm. It will add a breath of fresh air to the stale meta and dull days. In fact they should have added more classes and real skill lines a long time ago. Sod the meta and the balance, its messed up anyway and will never be fixed properly so screw it. Go all out.

TL;DR Don't be a Pansy, Add it anyway.

this. seriously. you people *** and moan ' please balance the classes , first, or get rid of classes altogether. this isn't gonna balance the game. no way in hell* this game will get 'balanced' like you want. someone will always find that their favorite class is weak in some ways, and itll get touched up. its literally a rock paper scissors system. adding another class, more skill lines? that wont do anything more than shake up the meta, and thats good for any game. make your players adapt. not everyones wasting their time getting all the achievement points on all their alts, or getting all their traits on every char. theres alost no point. so, in conclusion, bring on the Warden, and shake this games meta, lets see the tried and true salt rain from the heavens
  • Spottswoode
    Spottswoode
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I, for one, would welcome a new class. Especially an ice based one.
    Proud Player of The Elder Bank Screen Online.
    My khajiit loves his moon sugar.
    Steam Profile
    Libertas est periculosum. Liberum cogitandi est haeresis. Ergo, et ego terroristis.
    Current main PC build:
    i7 3770 (Not overclocking currently.)
    MSI Gaming X GTX 1070
    32gb RAM

Laptop:
    i7-7700HQ
    GTX 1060
    16gb RAM

Secondary build:
    i3 2330
    GTX 660
    8gb RAM
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been datamined, recently, that the old skill lines from the scrapped Warden class have now reemerged in the game files.

Not only that, but the new PTS update for Frost Staves has added a lot of defensive/tanky abilities such as:

"This passive ability now taunts the enemy after you use a fully-charged Frost Heavy Attack."

"This passive ability now causes your block to drain Magicka (instead of Stamina) and stops your Magicka Recovery (instead of Stamina Recovery) while blocking when you have a Frost Destruction Staff equipped."

"Frost Staves: Increases the amount of damage you Block by 10/20%, and reduces the cost of Block by 15/30%."

Additionally, ZOS came out with the Stalhrim Frostcaster armor this December, which definitely fits the whole frost mage/tank aesthetic. This isn't compelling evidence in and of itself, but it's interesting to say the least.

So from what I have learned, the Warden class was meant to be a mix of Ice, and Nature power but with a defensive bent. From the evidence we've received so far, it's not too gigantic of a reach to think that ZOS is looking to implement the Warden class from the beta back into the game.

It makes sense too. We have Sorcerers who use lightning based abilities, Dragonknights who use flame abilities, but frost has been seriously underused since game launch. Not only does the Warden class specialize in it, but it would give some much needed love to frost magic in general.

What do you guys think? Personally, I'd love to have a class that uses frosty abilities, and just speculating about this gets me excited!

newsflash a large number of skills from the alpha/early beta class warden were never removed, they were moved to dk/templar trees.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    VINDICATION
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Vicentius
    Vicentius
    ✭✭
    Hopefully not and please stop mentioning that. It might seem to ZOS that that's what players want when instead a lot of us would rather have new skill lines available to everyone and/or the removal of all classes at all. I mean, without the class change of course I'm actively against new classes. What if I like the new class, then what? Not only I'm forced to delete one of my alts to even try the class, but I'll also have to grind out 22k achievement points until I stop feeling like I'm wasting time and not progressing because I"m just trying to catch up with the progress I have already made, but for some weird reason it's not displayed on my character and I can't use titles and can't craft motifs I already grinded, bought and learned.

In fact, I suggest ZOS implements and automoderator who will ban everyone using "warden" and "class" in one paragraph/post for breaking the forum rules.
    Conspiracy Theories and Misinformation: We do not tolerate the deliberate and malicious spreading of false info or conspiracy theories about ZeniMax Online Studios, its game(s), or its employees. This does not include honest mistakes; rather, this rule pertains to those who go out of their way to spread harmful or malicious rumors about ZeniMax Online Studios and its employees, or The Elder Scrolls Online.

I like the "idea" of having no class as Skyrim did it. It was enjoyable. In that single player environment the only balancing needed was around the individual skills and how they interacted with the monster 1 at a time. Having 10 abilities vs 10 other random abilities - there is simply no way they could balance that unless they made it all the same ability with different colors. I too have floated the idea of no class in ESO. If you really consider it though I'm sure you can find many reasons on why it wouldn't work on an mmo pve/p platform.

Obviously you aren't required to grind out the points or skills or anything if you don't want. New class doesn't mean you HAVE to play it. Shoot it could just be a screw around character for you. I do that with a Templar cause I'm really not that passionate about healing :smile:

Some specific items of note - Motif's and Titles are character specific - not account wide. You can however use the character with the motifs learned to craft gear for your alts and then put those crafted items in your bank which is account wide.

Lastly - all knowledge is worth having.. Limiting information simply because you don't like it.. well it's not very wise. It's really not up to ZoS to moderate misinformation - that is up to you and your intellect. Fact checking and such.

Hope you continue to enjoy the game regardless :smile:
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I, for one, would welcome a new class. Especially an ice based one.

Well, guess what, @Spottswoode.