The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Feedback Thread for Razer Chroma Support

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Razer Chroma Support. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • If you have a Razer Chroma device, did you use this new feature?
  • Did you like the alliance-specific themes?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno is there a way to turn it off? My razer keyboard color scheme was already set up through synapse but the game is overriding it when I don't want it too.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    You should be able to turn it off through the Razer Synapse app.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a really cool feature, i was wondering why my keyboard was only red for so long lol
  • Dissentinel
    Dissentinel
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in the Daggerfall Covenant and my mouse pad and mouse appear to be rather different shades of blue, not sure if this is intended. My man o' war chroma headset doesn't appear to be compatible with the app, I'd rather hope it does become compatible, or else there really isn't much point in my using this.
  • AlphaAbsol
    AlphaAbsol
    ✭✭
    I have a question; is there support planned for Corsair and Logitech keyboards as well?
  • Sovjet
    Sovjet
    ✭✭✭
    AlphaAbsol wrote: »
    I have a question; is there support planned for Corsair and Logitech keyboards as well?
    I hope they will add support for Corsair and Logitech in the near future @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Sovjet on January 4, 2017 10:50PM
    For every player that quits, more will join in my name - Molag Bal 2E 583
  • jrodriguez
    jrodriguez
    ✭✭
    I love the fact that you guys are paying attention to these types of devices. I have a Logitech G910 and always hoped to take advantage of it on eso. Will there be support for those as well? Maybe through the api?

Logitech even mentioned ESO in their promos [ https://www.logitechgpromo.com/arxpromo ] but alas no submitions :(
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does this work, If I went to an AD zone would it glow Yellow and if I went to DC it would be blue
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    Happy to see this kind of thing happening, and hoping that Logitech stuff comes next. My G910 is awfully pretty =)
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's changed my keyboard's lighting setup. Kinda annoying, I want my pink keys.

Will try and find the setting in the app to turn return it to what I had set.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't really notice it since the only Chroma device I have is my mouse and I'm not often looking at it. Would be nice if the shade that was picked for Ebonheart Pact was a little darker
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Seriva
    Seriva
    Soul Shriven
    The yellow for AD looks more white than it does yellow, at least for the Chroma MMO mouse.

:edit: I just checked, and it is capable of showing real, non-washed out yellow, so it's not a hardware issue.

:second edit: The red for EP looks more pink than red. The blue for DC is a solid blue in the perfect hue.
    Edited by Seriva on January 6, 2017 7:28AM
  • Theodard
    Theodard
    ✭✭✭
    I could not get this to change my Deathstalker keyboard, the Orbweaver though worked just fine. I didn't spend a whole bunch of time mucking with it though, so it's still possible it's something I have setup and forgotten.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a Blackwidow Chroma and can't seem to get it to work. I have turned on Chroma Apps in the Razer Synapse and it shows that ESO is compatible and it is enabled but my keyboard just stays green. Is there something in the ESO settings I might be missing?

EDIT: I figured it out. Turns out I had an old Razer file installed that was interfering with Chroma Apps
    Edited by FLuFFyxMuFFiN on January 5, 2017 7:47PM
  • the_Beard
    the_Beard
    ✭✭✭
    X2 on the pink shade for EP. Needs to be adjusted to be a deeper red.

I turned the feature off for the time being. I don't really want my keyboard/mouse telling me which alliance I'm part of. I love the fact that this type of thing is being integrated though, hopefully more interesting functions can be added in, either this patch, or in the future. Maybe something like having the keyboard glow/pulse when Ultimate is ready, or maybe combat queues such as when your health, magicka, or stam is low, you need to block, or if you're CC'd. I'm sure something could be added similar to how Overwatch added a swiping motion to the keyboard, similar to the video below (just found it, not my video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErkYLP9F-_U
    Edited by the_Beard on January 5, 2017 10:43PM
    theBeard - PC NA cp1200+
    • Scores: vCR 127,735 | vHoF 213,293 | vAS 113,203 | vMoL 160,447 | vSO 177,706 (WR) | vHRC 154,658 | vAA 147,466 | vDSA 46k
    • Gryphon Heart / Immortal Redeemer / Tick-Tock Tormentor / Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    • Flawless Conqueror x11 - All Classes Mag & Stam
    • 32k+ Achievement Points (global)
    • Former Emperor / Grand Master Crafter / Master Angler
    • AR Palatine Rank 35
  • praxis
    praxis
    ✭✭✭
    Underwhelming, really.

I have a Chroma keyboard, mouse and headset. The yellow for AD is really washed out, and the static color is just dull.

I did like the ultimate indicator on my keyboard but since I use button 7 on my mouse to activate it and nothing actually happened on my mouse other than the washed out blah yellow it wasn't super impressive. Not that it would matter much anyway as that button's under my thumb and I watch my ult on my screen anyway and rarely look at the keys.

I didn't even bother to see if it changed the headset. I'll probably turn this "feature" off. I prefer my keyboard profile to go with my ESO keybinds and at least pulse or something rather than be static, and if I want to represent my faction I feel like I could just make things yellow myself and pick a nicer shade.

I agree with the above poster, the Overwatch integration is actually really neat, and your action buttons all flash when their cooldown is up.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any plans to implement the same for Corsair RGB keyboards? :)
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi all - question to those might know..... with support for Razer Chroma, is it just the colour stuff, or does the keybinding thing now recognise the extra function keys (the M buttons) ??
  • Krysalan8415
    Krysalan8415
    ✭✭
    As well as the Black Widow I have the Razer Orbweaver Chroma and it would be idea if the effects were mirrored on that as well as the keyboard. Currently it just shows the color of your alliance whereas the keyboard has alerts such as highlighting the R key when Ulti is up etc.

A nice addition would be to use the F keys on the keyboard to show the level of your Mana/Health/Stam etc.

I like the addition of this integration but it needs expanding somewhat to make it more useful.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I turned off chroma apps in razer synapse but somehow eso keeps changing my keyboard anyway, you really need an option in the game to shut this off.
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found this new Chroma feature to be meh...

For starters... the lighting is quite dim as compared to the lighting I have on by default. Also, as mentioned above, I would prefer for my Chroma keyboard to give me true indicators... low stam... low health... etc...

But... in the end... it is more of a novelty thing if you ask me... I mean seriously... what 'good' gamer actually looks at their keyboard???

I prefer all the visual clues and indicators right on my screen... in fact... my most important indicators such as resources are very near the center of my screen so I don't have to move my eyes from the center of combat.

If you have to take your eyes of the screen for any period of time... even milliseconds... that is bad... really bad...
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Pixel_Zealot
    Pixel_Zealot
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have not used this feature, what I've had this feature in other games and thus know what to expect.

I expect the overall color to change based on alliance.
    I expect my keyboard to wave blue/red/green based on what is running low.
    I expect my keys that are linked to abilities to have a different color.
    I expect my key that's linked to my ultimate to have no color until my Ultimate is available.

That's not too much too ask for, or is it?

EDIT: Seriously asking if that's too much to ask for. I could be jaded by other games' ability to do Razer Chroma Support.
    Edited by Pixel_Zealot on January 27, 2017 10:34AM
    Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?
  • ronguiness_ESO
    This isnt working for me. I have figured out that is has to do with one or more addons being used. I am going to try to narrow it down, but if anyone has any insight on which addon(s) is causig it not to work please let me know. Thank you
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My keyboard lighting is goofed up now.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • dannymcgeeb14a_ESO
    dannymcgeeb14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm using a Razer Deathadder Chroma, and I noticed that when I log in to ESO my mouse lights dim to something like half of their original intensity. I figured I had accidentally set up a separate Synapse profile for ESO or something, but then I stumbled on this.

I'm assuming what I'm seeing is not intended functionality. (It's just a static, really soft salmon color and it doesn't seem to respond to any of my actions in game — is it supposed to?) But I'm definitely receptive to the idea of ESO making use of my peripheral lights, particularly if it can be done in a way that's useful and not just aesthetic/gimmicky. For example, if it pulsed red when I was low on health, or if the R key lit up a different color when the Ultimate is ready — something along those lines.
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does it do other than make my keyboard slightly yellow and highlight my ultimate key?

I would like it to highlight all my 1-5 keys as well. And something brighter and more visibily seen.
  • Lizzrdd
    Lizzrdd
    ✭✭✭
    How do I turn it off???? Also, I cant seem to use my mouse button 4 and 5 on my Naga mouse.
    Play how you want to, not how others tell you to! Live and let Play!
  • alphaturu
    alphaturu
    Yeah, it is annoying indeed... And still not answered... I want my predefined *** colors back!
  • Vogon
    Vogon
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have a Razer Chroma device, did you use this new feature?
    - Yes

Did you like the alliance-specific themes?
    - No

Do you have any other general feedback?
    - Yes

There is a reason for using different colors for specific keys: there are loads of keybindings, using AddOns will exceed this further. So it makes sense to use exclusive colors for less frequently used keys to help you remind whether your CraftStore was bind to Num-4 or ]. Ok, for this I could disable the ESO Chroma App and use my own setup.

However, building my own setup means, I cannot react to game specific states, like you already implement it with the alliance color or switching to red when I die.

So IF you want to support Chroma, why don't you support it in a way that would make sense? First of all: make it user configurable. This could be easy done with a simple text file with all supported states and keys and a predefined RGB date that could be edited. I think there are not that many users to create an ingame setup menu for that. And everybody who is interested in that will find out, how it works and what has to be done. This would result in a combination of what you've already implemented and what could be done with the Synapse tool. (cool would be: I define a profile with the Synapse tool and you read it and combine it with your game specific states)

Last but not least: add more features. There is a lot that could make sense. Just some ideas.
    - Instead of switching to red when I'm dead (what I should have already noticed before I notice my red keyboard) start fading red (green, blue) when my life (stamina, magicka) runs out, resulting in a high frequent flashing when it's REALLY time to have a drink. A high frequent flashing should be noticed even that I'm not looking at my keyboard while playing, especially when playing at night.
    - You could run an effect when entering a specific state, e.g. do the rainbow when entering a fight or during a loading screen. Makes no sense, but looks cool.
    - You could change the color or animation when switching to the crown shop or any other game menu, highlighting the keys that are useful in that situation. Or react on a pressed key, e.g. with an explosion animation around the key when opening a crown crate

• Vogon
    Vogon
    ✭✭✭✭
    alphaturu wrote: »
    Yeah, it is annoying indeed... And still not answered... I want my predefined *** colors back!

It is already anwered in the second reply in this thread, just scroll up.

In case it's to complicated to understand the sentence: it is done like it is always done with all Chroma Apps and also described in the user manual of your Razer device you didn't read: just switch it off in your Razer Synapse tool (the green cloud in your Windows status bar, just beside the little clock in the right bottom edge of your screen). In the main menu of the Synapse tool you'll find an option CHROMA APPS. Click it. Then find the sub menu APP-LIST. Click it. Find "The Elder Scrolls Online". Right click it and choose disable.