The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should pvp servers fully reset at campains end?

Shadowasrial
Shadowasrial
✭✭✭✭✭
Upon completion of the campaign the imperials rally and take back all thier keeps and claim thier throne again. Pushing all alliances back to the walls and turning all keeps white for us to scramble at reset to claim. Creating a equal fair footing for all 3 servers to start the campaign anew. Forcing the campaign to fully reset would bring more life to the campaign because then people wouldn't be avoiding some of the servers. Some campaigns the leaderboards you see first place players with millions of ap. While some a couple hundred thousand. And azuras star is dead. No body plays in it. When you have an emporer who doesn't let other alliances push the map it creates dead servers so if they aren't deposed at the end that emp and his crew can farm the other alliance gates at reset thus killing the campaign for the duration from start to finish again
Edited by Shadowasrial on December 31, 2016 12:45PM

Should pvp servers fully reset at campains end? 146 votes

Yes for full reset
74% 109 votes
No for full reset
17% 25 votes
Don't really care either way
8% 12 votes
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will instantly kill population of loosing alliances 1-2 days before end
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn't kill the population. Becuse knowing the whole map would be turning neutral could help bolster players to come back in near end of campaign so they can form groups when it does reset. Who ever is emp would be deposed. No more emps for weeks at a time.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would have to be a test period, I would like this idea, the only keeps you start with is your 2 home keeps but make the NPCs a little harder to kill so a team has to kill and take over a keep and not a 4 man group etc

• Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would have to be a test period, I would like this idea, the only keeps you start with is your 2 home keeps but make the NPCs a little harder to kill so a team has to kill and take over a keep and not a 4 man group etc

Please no. Not everyone wants to run in silly pug zergs.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »

Please no. Not everyone wants to run in silly pug zergs.

xD
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This new balance would cater to all players whether they are pug zergs or solo players. I would like it if imperial white keeps would have far more npcs inside maybe have a wide aoe range for preset siege up too the walls to at least give some sort of resistance. Not that it would stop a veteran player worth thier salt and blood.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn't kill the population. Becuse knowing the whole map would be turning neutral could help bolster players to come back in near end of campaign so they can form groups when it does reset. Who ever is emp would be deposed. No more emps for weeks at a time.
    There's would be no reason to fight if everything will be dropped, devs predicted that and didn't make such huge mistake as reset

Azura on your platform and megaserver is dead because people don't want to get there, end of story.
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on December 31, 2016 1:30PM
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's where your wrong. Server reset gives every reason to fight. Because campains are most active at reset everyone wants to be emp. It gives everyone a reason to fight even the winners of the last camp because now instead of facing a couple of people at reset they can face an entire server driven to make the map theirs. Anyone who's thinks resetting camps at the end is detrimental to the campaign is just lazy and doesn't want to go through the effort of making the map theirs again. It's people who always get emp who want to keep it and keep farming for thier 5 stars but it's greedy players like that that cause the campains to die
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep I would like to see every campaign be a fresh start and equal footing for everyone.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's would be no reason to fight if everything will be dropped, devs predicted that and didn't make such huge mistake as reset

Azura on your platform and megaserver is dead because people don't want to get there, end of story.

Azura is verymuch alive since people enjoy playing non-CP campaigns.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When there were strongly held and defended buff servers for each alliance, I was an advocate of resetting the center ring keeps and all scrolls at the end of each campaign cycle. Now I'm not opposed to the idea, but I don't think it's necessary or important.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    When there were strongly held and defended buff servers for each alliance, I was an advocate of resetting the center ring keeps and all scrolls at the end of each campaign cycle. Now I'm not opposed to the idea, but I don't think it's necessary or important.

Your right it's not necessary but that doesn't change the fact it would be a good change of pace and make it more of an even start promoting more people to come into the campain. It's also for the fact since keeps don't reset it give an edge to the last winning faction " which isn't important" but it does create a point imbalance when you have an emp who won't give ground.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Azura is only alive on PC and more on PCEU than NA.
  • User_Name
    User_Name
    ✭✭✭
    What about players inside a keep when it resets?

Don't you think that people will be organized enough to ensure they got dudes inside each keep they own before the reset, so that they can cap it and make it theirs the instant the reset happens?

Also I think it's true that people will feel inclined to give up the fight towards the end of a campaign.

In theory it's a good idea, but I think in practice it will suck.
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would imagine that when reset it will port everyone to the gate. It's not a bad concept and yes you might miss a tick but that's a small price to pay for a fresh start with everyone even.
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the only way I can think of that would prevent spies inside of keeps ( however that might make an interesting new strategy for single players hiding in a keep from multiple alliances fighting to claim a keep)
  • NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    They really do need to change ANYTHING. Same pvp for 3 years now. Ring around the Rosy
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Umm.. how do we not already have "equal footing" when the campaigns reset back to their original ownerships? Everyone has the same amount of, well, everything. I'd say that's pretty equal.
    Edited by Stovahkiin on December 31, 2016 9:16PM
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not equal. When campaign resets what ever keeps are kept as they were before the campaign ended. All keeps should be returned to a neutral state
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not equal. When campaign resets what ever keeps are kept as they were before the campaign ended. All keeps should be returned to a neutral state

Since when do keeps not reset at the end of a campaign right now? They go back to whichever alliance's territory they are in, causing each alliance to start over with the same number of keeps and outposts.
    Edited by Stovahkiin on December 31, 2016 9:52PM
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    Since when do keeps not reset at the end of a campaign right now? They go back to whichever alliance's territory they are in, causing each alliance to start over with the same number of keeps and outposts.
    That does not happen and has never happened. At the end of a campaign, all scoring is reset, but all keep ownership is retained.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What should happen is that as soon as the campaign resets, all keeps and whatnot reset to default ownership and have all players be kicked simultaneously so this reset can take place. After that, players can return to a fresh campaign with all home keeps and scrolls.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes! YES!!

I've never loved a suggestion more than I love yours now. <3
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't agree with that. Knowing the campaign will reset, there would be no motivation for people to work for anything, as they know that all they gain will be lost. Although saying that, that really applies only to an active campaign. When the keeps are changing a lot and people are engaged, any systematic change that upsets the player-created situation would deter participation. But in a dead campaign, it may encourage people to come back. So I think active campaigns should not reset, while dead campaigns should reset.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ItsMeToo
    ItsMeToo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote no.

There is enough lag in Cyrodiil without having a mad rush to take all the keeps again at the same time. The time to get into Cyrodiil will increase, long queues, lag as people get ported into the base camps, lag porting to the keeps, lag in the main zones where the fighting will be, lag, lag, lag...

Server and Client crashes, because the load will be too great with the mad rush to get back in.

Let ZOS fix the issues with lag and cheats first. Then they can come back and fix the bugs.

Then make these types of changes, if they think it's a good thing.
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.
    FYI - There was no paid Beta. When they launched the game the Beta was over, even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - It's B2P not F2P. There is a difference.
    FYI - It doesn't take any player skill to mash keys or buttons in this game. The ones that stay alive longer have the better internet connection and speed.
    FYI - The game is not broken, it still works. It just has 'bugs' that need to be fixed.
    Balance is a "Bad" thing.

Example: There were hundreds of Jedi and only two Sith in Star Wars. The Jedi wanted, "Balance in the Force" and they got it. Now there are only two Jedi and two Sith.

Balance is a "Bad" thing.
    Is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say, "Get a smaller glass."
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is a really good idea, and the same thought crossed my mind a few months back about resetting the campaign at end.

It shouldn't kick everyone out of the campaign, but should merely transport everyone in the field back to their home camp, and lock the gates for 2 minutes whilst the reset takes place.

Also, I think the Imperials should have a larger role in the campaign, and can take a fort themselves if its left undefended for more than a set length of time during a campaign. Turn your back, and lose your forts! No more empty forts if there is a risk of a large NPC force attacking them. This would also revive Azura's Star, as there would need to be someone in the fort just to keep them in your alliances hands.

Of course, it would have to be a proper NPC takedown of the fort including breaching walls and fighting off your own alliances NPC's as well, so there would be plenty of warning if the imperials mounted an attack.

Potentially, emperorship could be lost very easily if the Imperials attack centre forts because they are undefended.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    noone says that they will not return after reset but it means nothing, because before reset campaign will be dead for couple of days.
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »

Azura is only alive on PC and more on PCEU than NA.
    Tell it to topic starter, i responded on he's point.
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on January 1, 2017 2:21PM
  • Mako1132
    Mako1132
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but they should reset the guild claims on keeps because half of the keeps are bugged with permanent guild claims at this point.
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »
    I think this is a really good idea, and the same thought crossed my mind a few months back about resetting the campaign at end.

It shouldn't kick everyone out of the campaign, but should merely transport everyone in the field back to their home camp, and lock the gates for 2 minutes whilst the reset takes place.

Also, I think the Imperials should have a larger role in the campaign, and can take a fort themselves if its left undefended for more than a set length of time during a campaign. Turn your back, and lose your forts! No more empty forts if there is a risk of a large NPC force attacking them. This would also revive Azura's Star, as there would need to be someone in the fort just to keep them in your alliances hands.

Of course, it would have to be a proper NPC takedown of the fort including breaching walls and fighting off your own alliances NPC's as well, so there would be plenty of warning if the imperials mounted an attack.

Potentially, emperorship could be lost very easily if the Imperials attack centre forts because they are undefended.

This idea for imperials to target unmanned keeps is a wonderful idea. Especially if these imperials are powerful enough to overwhelm small groups1-4 players as this would help to prevent boosting in small locations far from the eyes of players in actual combat. These imperials would be able to help moderate the servers and add an interesting dynamic to the game because no longer would you be able to just leave a keep alone. Also this would make it so if the campain does go dead it will help to give something to do if you did kill the server and if they gave ap it would be as if we had a 4th alliance to contend with
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upon completion of the campaign the imperials rally and take back all thier keeps and claim thier throne again. Pushing all alliances back to the walls and turning all keeps white for us to scramble at reset to claim. Creating a equal fair footing for all 3 servers to start the campaign anew. Forcing the campaign to fully reset would bring more life to the campaign because then people wouldn't be avoiding some of the servers. Some campaigns the leaderboards you see first place players with millions of ap. While some a couple hundred thousand. And azuras star is dead. No body plays in it. When you have an emporer who doesn't let other alliances push the map it creates dead servers so if they aren't deposed at the end that emp and his crew can farm the other alliance gates at reset thus killing the campaign for the duration from start to finish again

How about a new campaign with the same parameters as Trueflame, but resets at end of campaign? ......we need any excuse se can get to have a new pvp campaign IMO.