The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Emperor - That's not how it works..

Crown
Crown
✭✭✭✭✭
This is a copy-paste of my latest addition to darkelves.com:

There are apparently a few people who don't seem to understand how the emperor system works. The short short version: You have to be top of the leader board (with at least 50k AP), and your faction has to own all 6 of the keeps around the Imperial City (centre of the map). To lose emp, your faction has to have lost control of all 6 of those keeps at the same time. You can lose and retake individual keeps, and you won't lose emperor until all 6 of the keeps are lost at the same time.

The emperor gets some rather overpowered passives:
emp_authority-300x121.png
Chaining ultimates is one of the most significant emperor powers. Using sets like Bloodspawn that give 15 ultimate will also be doubled, so Bloodspawn procs will give 30 ultimate to an emperor! The passive that gives ultimate when getting a killing blow on an opponent is also doubled, so if an emperor drops a large damage ultimate (destro ult or bats are the easy answers) then it is very feasible for ultimate chaining (or multiple ults at the same time).

emp_tactician-300x138.png
Emperors need to siege. While it may awesome that they can do more damage with their larger resource pools and continue to do so with their higher regen, doing double damage on siege (especially with three stone trebs up) can make the difference between getting a wall or door down before too much opposition arrives. After the wall or door is down they can then use their awesome damage powers to kill everything. Note that this passive does not apply to ram damage.

emp_monarch-300x121.png
Emperors should usually be running something that can heal them. Considering their resource pools and regeneration, using Cleanse to remove two negative effects and heal for 18% of max health becomes amazing for an emperor healing them for 27% max health.

emp_domination-300x138.png
Doubling resource regeneration will usually mean that an emperor who wants to min/max can take any enchants (on jewlery) or sets (like Seducer for magicka builds) and replace them with others that are directly able to increase their killing power. The more damage an emperor can do, the more ult is made, the more damage can be done, etc.

emp_emperor-300x119.png
75% more resource pools can make for some incredibly powerful players. Magicka and stamina pools in the area of 70k will make most skills hit like a truck, and health pools in the 50-60k range for DPS builds make emperors a lot harder to kill. I've tried a few fun builds in my many times as emperor based on health, such as a DK spamming igneous shield (which is like a spammable barrier for the group) or a Templar with over 100k health 1-shotting opponents when a Blazing Shield comes down. These types of builds are more entertaining than they are useful - but if you have the change to be emperor you should get as much enjoyment out of it as you can!

If you want to become emperor, you have to be at the top of the leader board. To be at the top of the leader board you have to make the most AP. Traditionally, emperor has gone to the player who spends the most time, or farms the best. If the person at the top of the leader board drops campaign, then the next person (number 2) becomes top, and the next time that all 6 keeps are taken that person becomes emperor.

In the early days of the game, there were some emperor passives that remained after becoming emperor. They were nothing like what emperors get, though 5% ultimate cost reduction and 2% extra resource regeneration did count for a lot at times. This prompted many people to "emp trade" on some campaigns, whereby one faction would crown emperor, then allow another to dethrone and crown their own emperor. The dethroned emperor would then drop campaign allowing the person in second place to be next in line, whereby they would crown that person. Residual emperor buffs were removed from the game in the hopes of eliminating this behaviour.

If you want to support your emperor, lay siege so that he doesn't have to spend time dropping / picking it up. When the emperor has to get off his siege to kill something, keep firing it for him, and be sure to get off of it as soon as he is back! Shields that are based on maximum health such as bone shield synergies are amazing for emperors. If you're in a stamina build, running that and spamming retreating to remove snares for the emperor can help a lot towards his survivability as well. If you're a healer, throw area heals at the emperor, if you're running purge, spam it to keep disabling effects off of him, and if you have crowd control abilities then use them on the areas or players that the emperor is attacking. You want your emperor to get kills, so that more ultimate is generated, allowing for more kills, and to further the goals of your faction. A good player as emperor can count as three or four other players working together.

The disadvantage of supporting the emperor is that the emperor almost always makes AP at a much higher rate than other players, as he has a lot more killing power. If you want to compete for emperor the next time that your faction crowns, then you might hope that the emperor's reign lasts as short as possible! Some emperors have been dethroned in as little as 30 minutes when both opposing factions actively push to dethrone (there's almost no way to fight a faction stack who force flips flags). My longest emperor run was about a week back in mid 2015, though these days emperors tend to only last a few hours due to game and population changes.

Some players run into problems in their pushes for emperor in that they have angered their faction (or an opposing faction). In the "good old days" when there were a lot of guilds playing regularly, and there was 24/7 coverage of the map by at least 2 solid guilds at any given time, some guilds would refuse to push for someone who they did not like. Some would even log onto other faction characters to actively try and prevent someone from achieving emperor and call in their friends from PvE to help at times when they were having trouble! With the mass exodus of players in early 2016, and most of the larger guilds now having disdain for playing in large groups, these challenges have fallen by the wayside and no longer exist.

The biggest challenge a potential emperor will face will be in coordinating their faction to take all of the emperor keeps. Many people don't care about the map or campaign, many people prefer to run less "zergy" and keep to groups of 6-8 people, many people prioritise AP farming over map control, and many people understand that when one faction has emperor, the other two will focus on dethroning and cooperate (in a limited manner) to double team the faction that has emperor. The "good old days" where people like me could direct multiple guilds and groups to coordinate are long gone. I remember the day we crowned Lolimage for the first time: I was directing six full groups of 24 each one from a different guild. We had over 150 people in TeamSpeak, and we were fighting on two fronts versus faction stacks (100+) of each opposing faction. Those were the days of the #CrownZerg!

Now, people wanting emperor will either have to wait and hope that their faction happens to work together long enough to crown (AD crowned emperor an average of once every two weeks for the past few months), or will have to try and gain the cooperation of the many smaller groups that play in addition to the one or two larger guild groups that run two or sometimes three times per week for a few hours. The challenge with those larger guild groups is that they get together less often, so don't have the incentive to push for emperor in the few hours of prime time that they play together. Alternatively they could wait for the middle of the night and bring in a solid group to night-cap, though that is looked down on and someone who does that on purpose will usually not be respected (though most people don't really care what others think of them so it is a viable way to crown emperor).

EDIT: The above applies to PC/NA where I usually play AD. I've heard recently that things are very different on console (a lot of emp trading still happens).
Edited by Crown on December 28, 2016 5:26PM
Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emperor isn't earned anymore. Multi-faction guilds take turns boosting each other to emp. It's who you know, not what you do.
    Edited by Paneross on December 28, 2016 11:45PM
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice guide Crown!
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paneross wrote: »
    Emperor isn't earned anymore. Multi-faction guilds take turns boosting each other to emp. It's who know, not what you do.

I've heard that a lot from console players lately, though it does not seem to be the case on PC/NA.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamini wrote: »
    Nice guide Crown!

Thanks! I'm trying to update all of the older stuff on darkelves.com

With the recent complaints by @Sypher in stream about people not wanting to push for him (and the polite requests by some of his fans that I help do so) I decided this would be a good guide to update.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emp swapping is not a thing on Azura, that is for sure. 2nd hand I've heard that haderus is the emp swap server, but i'm not there to see it.

The thing about emperor though is it doesn't reward the "best" players, just the ones that understand how to make AP more than others. That may be subjectively "best", but in my experience that is going to be the player/s that put the most time into farming AP and not actually helping their campaign.

I doubt we will see a return to the days when anyone actually cares about points and winning campaigns beyond the few that do now, do you?
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting emp doesn't have the same allure,clout and status it once did. Emp trading, feeding d ticks and ap to crown emps within a guild is most definitely a thing and I know several guilds who do it. And of course nobody will ever fess up to it because once they have that title they feel that's all they need.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Emp swapping is not a thing on Azura, that is for sure. 2nd hand I've heard that haderus is the emp swap server, but i'm not there to see it.

@yodased Haderus does seem to be the place to get an easy emp these days. I got it on my sorc a couple weeks ago there by accident (wasn't trying, just practising on reset day to be better than the "worst sorc NA" title that I have now ;-)
    The thing about emperor though is it doesn't reward the "best" players, just the ones that understand how to make AP more than others. That may be subjectively "best", but in my experience that is going to be the player/s that put the most time into farming AP and not actually helping their campaign.

It rewards those who focus on AP more than those who focus on anything else. I've found that most of the people who are trying to get emp in the past few months don't actually understand how AP works and the best strategies to farm it. People who are good players or good gankers will be able to make a lot of AP, but actual AP farming seems to have fallen off the play list a long time ago. Here's a link that can help some people.
    I doubt we will see a return to the days when anyone actually cares about points and winning campaigns beyond the few that do now, do you?

This past campaign was a deviation from the norm for a lot of players and small groups. It was fun for a little while, but quickly became boring, monotonous, and seemed rather wasteful of "fun" times when there were only a few of us focusing on resources while so many others stayed on the bridge ;-)
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    Emperor isn't earned anymore. Multi-faction guilds take turns boosting each other to emp. It's who know, not what you do.

I've heard that a lot from console players lately, though it does not seem to be the case on PC/NA.
    Sad fact: if someone is an idiot enough to break things in production, there's will be smart enough people to abuse it
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭

There are apparently a few people who don't seem to understand how the emperor system works. The short short version: You have to be top of the leader board (with at least 50k AP), and your faction has to own all 6 of the keeps around the Imperial City (centre of the map). To lose emp, your faction has to have lost control of all 6 of those keeps at the same time. You can lose and retake individual keeps, and you won't lose emperor until all 6 of the keeps are lost at the same time.

Chaining ultimates is one of the most significant emperor powers. Using sets like Bloodspawn that give 15 ultimate will also be doubled, so Bloodspawn procs will give 30 ultimate to an emperor! The passive that gives ultimate when getting a killing blow on an opponent is also doubled, so if an emperor drops a large damage ultimate (destro ult or bats are the easy answers) then it is very feasible for ultimate chaining (or multiple ults at the same time).

Emperors need to siege. While it may awesome that they can do more damage with their larger resource pools and continue to do so with their higher regen, doing double damage on siege (especially with three stone trebs up) can make the difference between getting a wall or door down before too much opposition arrives. After the wall or door is down they can then use their awesome damage powers to kill everything. Note that this passive does not apply to ram damage.

emp_monarch-300x121.png
    Emperors should usually be running something that can heal them. Considering their resource pools and regeneration, using Cleanse to remove two negative effects and heal for 18% of max health becomes amazing for an emperor healing them for 27% max health.

Doubling resource regeneration will usually mean that an emperor who wants to min/max can take any enchants (on jewlery) or sets (like Seducer for magicka builds) and replace them with others that are directly able to increase their killing power. The more damage an emperor can do, the more ult is made, the more damage can be done, etc.

emp_emperor-300x119.png
    75% more resource pools can make for some incredibly powerful players. Magicka and stamina pools in the area of 70k will make most skills hit like a truck, and health pools in the 50-60k range for DPS builds make emperors a lot harder to kill. I've tried a few fun builds in my many times as emperor based on health, such as a DK spamming igneous shield (which is like a spammable barrier for the group) or a Templar with over 100k health 1-shotting opponents when a Blazing Shield comes down. These types of builds are more entertaining than they are useful - but if you have the change to be emperor you should get as much enjoyment out of it as you can!

If you want to become emperor, you have to be at the top of the leader board. To be at the top of the leader board you have to make the most AP. Traditionally, emperor has gone to the player who spends the most time, or farms the best. If the person at the top of the leader board drops campaign, then the next person (number 2) becomes top, and the next time that all 6 keeps are taken that person becomes emperor.

In the early days of the game, there were some emperor passives that remained after becoming emperor. They were nothing like what emperors get, though 5% ultimate cost reduction and 2% extra resource regeneration did count for a lot at times. This prompted many people to "emp trade" on some campaigns, whereby one faction would crown emperor, then allow another to dethrone and crown their own emperor. The dethroned emperor would then drop campaign allowing the person in second place to be next in line, whereby they would crown that person. Residual emperor buffs were removed from the game in the hopes of eliminating this behaviour.

If you want to support your emperor, lay siege so that he doesn't have to spend time dropping / picking it up. When the emperor has to get off his siege to kill something, keep firing it for him, and be sure to get off of it as soon as he is back! Shields that are based on maximum health such as bone shield synergies are amazing for emperors. If you're in a stamina build, running that and spamming retreating to remove snares for the emperor can help a lot towards his survivability as well. If you're a healer, throw area heals at the emperor, if you're running purge, spam it to keep disabling effects off of him, and if you have crowd control abilities then use them on the areas or players that the emperor is attacking. You want your emperor to get kills, so that more ultimate is generated, allowing for more kills, and to further the goals of your faction. A good player as emperor can count as three or four other players working together.

The disadvantage of supporting the emperor is that the emperor almost always makes AP at a much higher rate than other players, as he has a lot more killing power. If you want to compete for emperor the next time that your faction crowns, then you might hope that the emperor's reign lasts as short as possible! Some emperors have been dethroned in as little as 30 minutes when both opposing factions actively push to dethrone (there's almost no way to fight a faction stack who force flips flags). My longest emperor run was about a week back in mid 2015, though these days emperors tend to only last a few hours due to game and population changes.

Some players run into problems in their pushes for emperor in that they have angered their faction (or an opposing faction). In the "good old days" when there were a lot of guilds playing regularly, and there was 24/7 coverage of the map by at least 2 solid guilds at any given time, some guilds would refuse to push for someone who they did not like. Some would even log onto other faction characters to actively try and prevent someone from achieving emperor and call in their friends from PvE to help at times when they were having trouble! With the mass exodus of players in early 2016, and most of the larger guilds now having disdain for playing in large groups, these challenges have fallen by the wayside and no longer exist.

The biggest challenge a potential emperor will face will be in coordinating their faction to take all of the emperor keeps. Many people don't care about the map or campaign, many people prefer to run less "zergy" and keep to groups of 6-8 people, many people prioritise AP farming over map control, and many people understand that when one faction has emperor, the other two will focus on dethroning and cooperate (in a limited manner) to double team the faction that has emperor. The "good old days" where people like me could direct multiple guilds and groups to coordinate are long gone. I remember the day we crowned Lolimage for the first time: I was directing six full groups of 24 each one from a different guild. We had over 150 people in TeamSpeak, and we were fighting on two fronts versus faction stacks (100+) of each opposing faction. Those were the days of the #CrownZerg!

Now, people wanting emperor will either have to wait and hope that their faction happens to work together long enough to crown (AD crowned emperor an average of once every two weeks for the past few months), or will have to try and gain the cooperation of the many smaller groups that play in addition to the one or two larger guild groups that run two or sometimes three times per week for a few hours. The challenge with those larger guild groups is that they get together less often, so don't have the incentive to push for emperor in the few hours of prime time that they play together. Alternatively they could wait for the middle of the night and bring in a solid group to night-cap, though that is looked down on and someone who does that on purpose will usually not be respected (though most people don't really care what others think of them so it is a viable way to crown emperor).

EDIT: The above applies to PC/NA where I usually play AD. I've heard recently that things are very different on console (a lot of emp trading still happens).

Sabre Ali got Emp on on Wabbajack solo. Most people on here couldn't even comprehend how competitive that campaign was in comparison to today's True Flame. Just food for thought.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still consider Blade Boques the true emperor. :blush:
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good write up . I learned a few things I didn't know playing all these years .
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    loki547 wrote: »

emp_monarch-300x121.png

emp_emperor-300x119.png

Sabre Ali got Emp on on Wabbajack solo. Most people on here couldn't even comprehend how competitive that campaign was in comparison to today's True Flame. Just food for thought.

A big accomplishment for sure. I would only throw out that most people didn't home Wabba, but on their buff servers. The competition for the map was insane, but the leaderboard I only ever paid attention to AD side. Still though in that day as a solo player it's insane especially as anything other than a DK.
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭

like its happening in Trueflame PC NA right now

rediculous
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pcar944 wrote: »

like its happening in Trueflame PC NA right now

rediculous

To who?
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• Bandit1215
    Bandit1215
    ✭✭✭

If you play on AD pc/na, you won't be crowned emp unless you are a member of one of their giant ass guilds. @sypherpk had #1 for like 3 days on his nightblade this week, but no organised groups got together to crown him so he didn't get it.
    CP 561
    • vSO HM - Completed
    • vAA - Completed
    • vHRC - Completed

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bandit1215 wrote: »

If you play on AD pc/na, you won't be crowned emp unless you are a member of one of their giant ass guilds. @sypherpk had #1 for like 3 days on his nightblade this week, but no organised groups got together to crown him so he didn't get it.

It doesn't take a giant guild. But I have no sympathy for solo players who don't get emp on competitive campaigns. If you don't have a group that can push emp, you probably can't hold emp either.

When a faction crowns an emp, it encourages the other factions to double-team them. This is a burden on everyone else if the emp group can't make major contributions.
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's intresting that you need the larger zerg guilds in order to get EMP but if you are a member of a zerg it is almost impossible to get emp cause the AP you get is often much lower than what a small medium size group can get. It kind of forces the two parties to work together.

This means if someone wants to get emp they often have to work with the various guilds and their players in their faction. In an MMO like ESO that is only fitting as a requirement to get emp. A solo player can totally get it but they has to be social in his/her faction.

Edited by NACtron on December 29, 2016 6:01PM
    Pact Militia GM
    Nikolai the Nord - Stamplar

• alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please, tell me the names of these GIANT AD guilds in PC NA, also, AD doesnt crown emps every three days, sometimes we get a week or two without crowning anyone.
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great write-up
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bandit1215 The last few emperors have not been part of zerg groups. In fact, if you look back the past few months, every player who has been crowned emperor (unless I missed one) has primarily run in groups that were between 2 and 8 people (and two of them made most of their AP solo). In addition, AD crowned emperor every week or two (sometimes three), not every night.

When people like you and @Sypher complain that "the zerg guilds won't push emperor", most of us laugh at you. Please let us know who these alleged zerg guilds are - because those of us who play regularly, who participate in the AD leadership Discord, and who communicate with many of the other players daily would love to know. There are two or three guilds who run twice a week if they have people available, though even they tend to cap out at 12-16. Most of the rest of the guilds run under 10 people, or try to PuG wrangle - which doesn't often work.

The next time you see an AD zerg, come back and let us know what guild it is and who is leading it.

If Sypher wants to get emperor, he can do one of the same things that everyone else did:
    • Wait for AD to get lucky or out-pop opponents (might happen within a week or two)
    • Join the AD leadership comms and ask for all of the different small groups to push together (might happen if he is nice and asks politely)
    • Try to organize a group to night-cap (good luck)
    • Play the game with other people who are able to push keeps together (requires that competent group players want to play with him)
    • Learn how to lead groups and make the right calls in order to defeat groups of opponents (not his skill set, though I'm sure many people would enjoy watching him play group-style suffering through the trials and tribulations of managing a group)
  • Bandit1215
    Bandit1215
    ✭✭✭

@Bandit1215 The last few emperors have not been part of zerg groups. In fact, if you look back the past few months, every player who has been crowned emperor (unless I missed one) has primarily run in groups that were between 2 and 8 people (and two of them made most of their AP solo). In addition, AD crowned emperor every week or two (sometimes three), not every night.

When people like you and @Sypher complain that "the zerg guilds won't push emperor", most of us laugh at you. Please let us know who these alleged zerg guilds are - because those of us who play regularly, who participate in the AD leadership Discord, and who communicate with many of the other players daily would love to know. There are two or three guilds who run twice a week if they have people available, though even they tend to cap out at 12-16. Most of the rest of the guilds run under 10 people, or try to PuG wrangle - which doesn't often work.

The next time you see an AD zerg, come back and let us know what guild it is and who is leading it.

If Sypher wants to get emperor, he can do one of the same things that everyone else did:
    • Wait for AD to get lucky or out-pop opponents (might happen within a week or two)
    • Join the AD leadership comms and ask for all of the different small groups to push together (might happen if he is nice and asks politely)
    • Play the game with other people who are able to push keeps together (requires that competent group players want to play with him)
    • Learn how to lead groups and make the right calls in order to defeat groups of opponents (not his skill set, though I'm sure many people would enjoy watching him play group-style suffering through the trials and tribulations of managing a group)

If my post sounded like I was ragging on AD, that's not what I wanted it to be. I guess I shouldn't take DC zone chat as fact, but thank you for the advice on how to get emp!
    CP 561
    • vSO HM - Completed
    • vAA - Completed
    • vHRC - Completed

• Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Getting emp is hard, requires a lot of pushing. The last one I managed to crown at prime time required 18 straight hours of raid leading before we cinched it--and that was with the rest of DC helping. It's not easy and it's no wonder the people Sypher calls "zerglings" aren't jumping to help.

Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• stealthyevil
    stealthyevil
    ✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Getting emp is hard, requires a lot of pushing. The last one I managed to crown at prime time required 18 straight hours of raid leading before we cinched it--and that was with the rest of DC helping. It's not easy and it's no wonder the people Sypher calls "zerglings" aren't jumping to help.

*** talk group players. Expect group players to help emp #logic
    Ex-Gf/Steálthy MagNb Destro Spam
    Cliff Racer Spam MagDen Bird Spam
    @stealthyevil

RÁGE RIP
    Venatus
  • stealthyevil
    stealthyevil
    ✭✭✭

No organized groups exist on a consistent basis in AD right now. I like how everyone automatically assumes a PvP guild is full of 500 players ready to zerg the map down, all u need to do is type "Dominion1" for invite. A competitive PvP guild will be lucky to have 60 total members in guild.

Emperor requires many hours of map play before even remotely considering crowning. I would love to see someone start a PUG group to wrangle 24 players...let alone 24 AD players to try crown emperor and see how that works out. Sadly, "competitive" group play is shamed upon by fanboys and 1vX'ers yet its probably one of the most fun and rewarding things to just go out with 4 - 8 friends and roll over enemies while having a good time.

I use competitive loosely as this meta does not promote any competitive group play.
    Ex-Gf/Steálthy MagNb Destro Spam
    Cliff Racer Spam MagDen Bird Spam
    @stealthyevil

RÁGE RIP
    Venatus
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Emperor requires many hours of map play before even remotely considering crowning. I would love to see someone start a PUG group to wrangle 24 players...let alone 24 AD players to try crown emperor and see how that works out.

Lol I've almost done it before. Never again.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emperor isn't earned anymore. Multi-faction guilds take turns boosting each other to emp. It's who you know, not what you do.

This ^^^^ emp has been a joke for along time, all the swapping just a bad idea all around, time for a change or removal from the game, I cringe any more when my faction gets emp, I know they will resort to that stupid tactic of turtle down in the last emp keep while the other factions take everything, and outside of a little health buff emp gives your faction nothing but headaches.

What a stupid idea emp was in the first place lets reward the dominating faction with an alpha class, really /duh

@Crown Good write up thanks for the info, just to bad emp is something that is not more beneficial to a larger portion of the player base. Most of your posts I find informative.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on December 29, 2016 1:16PM
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No organized groups exist on a consistent basis in AD right now. I like how everyone automatically assumes a PvP guild is full of 500 players ready to zerg the map down, all u need to do is type "Dominion1" for invite. A competitive PvP guild will be lucky to have 60 total members in guild.

Emperor requires many hours of map play before even remotely considering crowning. I would love to see someone start a PUG group to wrangle 24 players...let alone 24 AD players to try crown emperor and see how that works out. Sadly, "competitive" group play is shamed upon by fanboys and 1vX'ers yet its probably one of the most fun and rewarding things to just go out with 4 - 8 friends and roll over enemies while having a good time.

I use competitive loosely as this meta does not promote any competitive group play.

Back in my days of pug wrangling, I gathered up a group to take back our home keeps, and we rolled with it and wound up crowning with the help of another guild (can't remember the name, was on old TB) right before primetime. The puggies in my group were so excited that they had the emperor leading them, I think it made it probably my favorite EMP crowning. I definitely have a lot more respect for someone who wants to get emperor and pushes while leading their own group. Feel like if you want it, contribute your fair share of the labor for the crowning. These players aren't your slaves, they're your comrades.
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because he doesnt do anything for,the campaign. He is doing it for viewers and everyone knows it. He rarely plays AD unless he tries for emp. Just like last time he tried and accused Crown of cheating just because he is a way better ap farmer

• God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't forget, getting your competition to quit. That's a fabulous way to get Emp. <cough cough>
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    150 players in Teamspeak, that sounds fun! I guess the conversation was fluid and disciplined.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug