The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Precise vs. Sharpened daggers

Bobby_V_Rockit
Bobby_V_Rockit
✭✭✭✭✭
Alrighty, I got my hands on two precise spriggan daggers and the 3 peice jewellery set but I am currently running 2 sharp leki daggers and 3 robust agility. I lose about 200 weapon damage but gain 7% crit chance (bringing in to 3122 and 81.9% respectively).

Is this, iyo, worth it? Sharp spriggan daggers are near impossible to find and even harder to buy.

My non-spriggan stam sorc dps build is in the spoiler.

Edit: I play on console so dont have addon opportunity and so far as I could tell the dps looked a little higher in overworld with Spriggan set. Plus I'm counting on the higher crit chance to proc surge heals.
Medium Head: Velidreth's guise (inf)
Heavy Shoulders: Velidreth's arm cops (divines)
Med. Chest: TBS (div)
Med. Waist: TBS (div)
Med. Legs: TBS (div)
Med. Arms: TBS (div)
Med. Boots: TBS (div)

All legendary (6m:1h) with gold stamina enchantments.

Leki's Dagger: sharpened, wpn dmg
Leki's Dagger: sharpened, crushing
Bow of Infallible Aether: sharpened, disease

All legendary with gold enchants

3x Agility: robust, weapon damage

Skill bar 1: blood craze, expert hunter/vigor, rapid strikes, hurricane, bound armaments, Flawless Dawnbreaker

Skill bar 2: endless hail, rearming trap, poison injection, crit surge, bound armaments, Shooting Star (group) reviving barrier (solo)

Champ Points:
Red: 89 elemental defender, 78 hardy, 15 quick recovery, 5 thick skinned

Green: 100 warlord, 87 mooncalf

Blue: 89 Mighty, 53 thaumaturge, 35 precise strikes, 10 piercing

Mag: 11703 (recov: 565)
Health: 18826 (recov: 444)
Stam: 37032 (recov: 909)
Weap dam: 3362
Crit: 74.1%
Spell resist: 17529
Phys resist: 18849
Crit resist: 0

Mundus: Thief and Shadow
Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on December 28, 2016 3:17AM
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's sadly no simple answer to your question. Solo, it's likely sharpened will be better for you, though in some group situations precise may be better.

Have a look at this thread; it speaks a bit about precise and sharpened, it might help you find the answer you want: Nirnhoned, Precise & Sharpened
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    the crit chance gain is more significant that the 200 loss in weapon damage, in my opinion
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, guess it'll be just a matter of playing through to see. But so far it looks as though precise daggers with 4k pen from spriggan set is the way to go
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Spriggan’s is good for solo play if you are using sharpened weapons. Sadly I think you are loosing more than just weapon damage as you will have less penetration with 5 Spriggan’s than you would with sharpened weapons.
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If conparing lets say NMG (night mother's gaze) and spriggan (both are good sets for a stamsorc), you want sharpened spriggan daggers in order to get more penetration than a pair of sharpened NMG daggers (lets say you want to run vMSA (veteran Maelstrom Arena) where the penetration from spriggan is really nice). Running with precise spriggan is a bit of a "waste" in my opinion if it is penetration you're after. Some of you might say that "in a trial where the boss resistance is at 0 precise are better". That is true, but why use a set with a 5-piece bonus that gives penetration then, if the resistance already is at 0? That is the main reason I don't see the usage of spriggan in a trial, BUT it's really nice in vMSA.

Conclusion: Use sharpened spriggan (if using weapons/daggers) or swap to NMG if you want some extra penetration if you don't have sharpened spriggan.

• Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buuuuuuut, I crit 7% more, gain an extra 500 stamina and only lose 1k penetration, as opposed to using two sharpened daggers and robust agility... so unless 1k pen is worth more than 7% crit and 500 more stamina it should work out right?

Edit: lets assume sharpened spriggan daggers are off the table as I can find them, buy them or even upgrade them anyway.
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on December 28, 2016 9:25AM
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buuuuuuut, I crit 7% more, gain an extra 500 stamina and only lose 1k penetration, as opposed to using two sharpened daggers and robust agility... so unless 1k pen is worth more than 7% crit and 500 more stamina it should work out right?

Edit: lets assume sharpened spriggan daggers are off the table as I can find them, buy them or even upgrade them anyway.

Either will work out. Honestly, neither is going to 'break' your build, so to speak. And other than looking at the numbers (if you have such addons) you're likely not to notice any difference at all.
    Just try them out and see which you like better.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharpened win.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asayre found the following (November 2015) which pleases me:

2H

PvE

Bosses (Resistance ~18k): Sharpened Maul

Mobs (Resistance ~9k): Sharpened/Precise Greatsword

PvP

Light armour targets (Resistance ~10k): Precise Greatsword

Medium armour targets (Resistance ~13k): Sharpened/Precise Greatsword

Heavy armour targets (Resistance ~20k): Sharpened Maul

DW

PvE

Bosses (Resistance ~18k): Two Sharpened Mace

Mobs (Resistance ~9k): Two Sharpened Swords or Two Precise Daggers (Combination 7, 10, 12, 13, 14 are viable depending on exact Critical Chance and Critical Modifier)

PvP

Light armour targets (Resistance ~10k): Two Precise Sword or Two Precise Dagger

Medium armour targets (Resistance ~13k): Two Sharpened Sword Two Precise Dagger

Heavy armour targets (Resistance ~20k): Two Sharpened Mace
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2H

PvE

Bosses (Resistance ~18k): Sharpened Maul

Mobs (Resistance ~9k): Sharpened/Precise Greatsword

PvP

Light armour targets (Resistance ~10k): Precise Greatsword

Medium armour targets (Resistance ~13k): Sharpened/Precise Greatsword

Heavy armour targets (Resistance ~20k): Sharpened Maul

DW

PvE

Bosses (Resistance ~18k): Two Sharpened Mace

Mobs (Resistance ~9k): Two Sharpened Swords or Two Precise Daggers (Combination 7, 10, 12, 13, 14 are viable depending on exact Critical Chance and Critical Modifier)

PvP

Light armour targets (Resistance ~10k): Two Precise Sword or Two Precise Dagger

Medium armour targets (Resistance ~13k): Two Sharpened Sword Two Precise Dagger

Heavy armour targets (Resistance ~20k): Two Sharpened Mace