The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Gankers - Counter the Miat's Addon, don't just be a victim

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »
    Solariken wrote: »
    I've been giving people pump-fakes before I gank too - it's hilarious when you charge a heavy at them from a distance and they start flopping around and warding, etc. Keep it up I say - I like it when you waste a bunch of resources and give yourself dodge roll penalty before I open up on you :trollface:

This is effective against people that rely 100% on the add-on to save them. Against decent players you are just revealing your presence.

Which does nothing for them other than make them waste detect pots and effort on avoiding a gank. I love watching people waste their detect pots.

I disagree. For me, knowing a ganker is nearby is very helpful for a variety of reasons. From knowing an attack is potentially imminent to knowing that I am spotted if my group is trying to ninja a keep.

It's the difference between using the add-on as a survival crutch and using it for environmental information.

This isn't really something a ganker is going to do to a magicka templar running in a group/zerg. If you're running alone or standing near siege, something like that, sure.

I have gotten it before even when in a 16 man bomb group. Doing anything at all that the add-on can track just makes the add-on's information more accurate. Using it as a gank crutch is a fail because gankers always find a way as you have demonstrated. On the other hand, the information is invaluable.
    Edited by timidobserver on December 27, 2016 10:50PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been giving people pump-fakes before I gank too - it's hilarious when you charge a heavy at them from a distance and they start flopping around and warding, etc. Keep it up I say - I like it when you waste a bunch of resources and give yourself dodge roll penalty before I open up on you :trollface:

This is effective against people that rely 100% on the add-on to save them. Against decent players you are just revealing your presence.

Which does nothing for them other than make them waste detect pots and effort on avoiding a gank. I love watching people waste their detect pots.

I disagree. For me, knowing a ganker is nearby is very helpful for a variety of reasons. From knowing an attack is potentially imminent to knowing that I am spotted if my group is trying to ninja a keep.

It's the difference between using the add-on as a survival crutch and using it for environmental information.

This isn't really something a ganker is going to do to a magicka templar running in a group/zerg. If you're running alone or standing near siege, something like that, sure.

I have gotten it before even when in a 16 man bomb group. Doing anything at all that the add-on can track just makes the add-on's information more accurate. Using it as a gank crutch is a fail because gankers always find a way as you have demonstrated. On the other hand, the information is invaluable.

A 16 man bomb group :smiley: ??

wow, this one would wanna join, she now got her 5 pieces vicious death set, got to improve it and go :smiley:

if you are on pc eu, pls send this one a friend request :smiley:
    @altemriel

With sharp claws
    Maoimii
    Edited by altemriel on December 27, 2016 10:54PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes, but this one has realized, that when she does not get out of cloak, then she can not be seen by this spell addon :smiley: , so this one is safe LOL-ing :smiley:
    ktQ6fSc.jpg

With sharp claws
    Maoimii
    Edited by altemriel on December 27, 2016 10:58PM
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

Yes, but this one has realized, that when she does not get out of cloak, then she can not be seen by this spell addon :smiley: , so this one is safe LOL-ing :smiley:
    ktQ6fSc.jpg

With sharp claws
    Maoimii

Yep, it does not tell your location or give any hints to it outside of the notification that you are close enough to trigger a stealth attack alert.

I spent probably 40 minutes of my PVP time last night just trolling people who were obviously using it. It slowed down my AP gain but it was quite enjoyable to watch them waste their time and effort.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • chaserstorm16909
    chaserstorm16909
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "First, you won't show up on their counter unless you leave/enter crouch."

Do they get a warning if you use cloak?
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "First, you won't show up on their counter unless you leave/enter crouch."

Do they get a warning if you use cloak?

Not if you remain in crouch. If you are cloaking around while not in crouch, then probably, but I haven't tested that. It won't be a "notification" either way, just a "1" on their counter.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

ktQ6fSc.jpg

With sharp claws
    Maoimii

Yep, it does not tell your location or give any hints to it outside of the notification that you are close enough to trigger a stealth attack alert.

I spent probably 40 minutes of my PVP time last night just trolling people who were obviously using it. It slowed down my AP gain but it was quite enjoyable to watch them waste their time and effort.

yes, you can as a nb ""misuse" this addon to drain their resources by uncloaking nearby and then cloaking again or place shadow in hidden place, uncloak, port to shadow :smiley: , they always shoot shields and buffs and debuffs and reveal hidden and when they do it 4th or 5th time, then strike and they are insta-death :smiley:
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Or you know. The victim will probably just hide or invis/escape pot away. GG. The addon allows them to no longer play the game your way.

Hopefully pub 13 will break the API.

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Or you know. The victim will probably just hide or invis/escape pot away. GG. The addon allows them to no longer play the game your way.

Hopefully pub 13 will break the API.

a NB can drain resources of the opponents by trolling the addon :smiley:
  • Rilmarshim
    Rilmarshim
    ✭✭✭
    Toggle ability "trolling strikes".
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    What if the prey has Infernal Guardian on?
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didaco wrote: »
    What if the prey has Infernal Guardian on?

They have to be in combat for their procs to target you and by now you should be aware enough to avoid getting within range of an infernal guardian user who is in combat, especially when getting within range means you're the furthest target. What I often do if I have chosen for some reason to get within range is to make sure that I am not the furthest target who is within range.

While I am hoping for a fix to infernal guardian doing this at some point, we have to adapt for the time being.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Docmandu wrote: »
    Using Ambush does give them around 1/3rd of a second in which they could react

OMG What kind of shenanigans is this PvP where people get time to react!! Must suck for oceanic players though, if it's 200-300 ms :wink::blush:

You played daoc just like I did, how much time did you have to react to perf or crit shot before it hit? The element of surprise is certainly nothing new.

DAoC stealthing required positioning styles and if you failed your gank you were toast. Bladeturn was a reliable defense against any bowattack.

Eso ganking has NONE of the drawbacks daoc ganking had whjle also being a lot more potent in terms of killing power.

In daoc you always had the chance to fight back if purge was up.

In DAoC you could interrupt casters though so they couldn't spam nukes or heals ignoring your damage unless they used majestic will which only lasted a few seconds or quickcast which was 1 spell or used an insa-cast which very few were and they were on a cool down.

DAoC had positionals, reactionaries, combos, etc. It felt more like chess where this feels more like tic-tac-toe. Ironically both died a little more every time they tried to improve them.
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, it's really fun to whisper people on the stealthed list things like " I see you"

Im so stealing this the next time I'm about to Gank someone!
    Nervous prey makes mistakes and this one waits patiently whilst she stalks.

Regards,

Tigra the Unforgiven
    Edited by Lord_Etrigan on January 6, 2017 11:26AM
    PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • The_1st_Elder
    The_1st_Elder
    ✭✭
    I like this addon. When I see someone hidden on my list I slot magelight to find them and then rek them up
    Main EP - Caius Targaryen - Stam DK
    EP - Viselyx Targaryen - Mag NB
    DC - Tyron Targaryen - Stam Templar
    AD - Vaeron Targaryen - Stam Sorc
  • PandaIsAPotato
    PandaIsAPotato
    ✭✭✭
    Or you could just... Not die from a gank? How hard is it to slot some impen and build so you don't die in two hits, people these days man. Leave the game for a year and they all forget how to fend off Tyago fan boys.
    Supreme Leader Panda
    GM of Licinius Exploitation Incorporated
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are different addons to Miats that help me survive ganks xD

Zos won't stop us from countering the most aids playstyle in any MMO.
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I had no idea how cancerous the add-ons had gotten. ZOS really isn't very serious about pvp! Its too bad though, because the pvp in this game has amazing potential.
  • cheemers
    cheemers
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yasha wrote: »
    Wow, I had no idea how cancerous the add-ons had gotten. ZOS really isn't very serious about pvp! Its too bad though, because the pvp in this game has amazing potential.

In all seriousness, ever since i heard about miat's add on I'm glad I'm part of the #consolemasterrace
    Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCDQ7FrJ0AjMt2auffLEf_Pw

PS4 EU - 18 characters, all DC
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yasha wrote: »

well said and good observation.
    just wish we knew about all of these cheats, not just this one.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This one she thinks this addon is cheating, should get banned, the same as showing dps of the group members!

With fur
    Maoimii
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one she thinks this addon is cheating, should get banned, the same as showing dps of the group members!

With fur
    Maoimii

ZoS has changed the LUA code, and from what I understand this addon doesn't do much anymore. So there you go, ZoS looked at it, made a choice and followed through. No bans or messy stuff like that.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

With fur
    Maoimii

ZoS has changed the LUA code, and from what I understand this addon doesn't do much anymore. So there you go, ZoS looked at it, made a choice and followed through. No bans or messy stuff like that.

really? nice!!!

this one is happy now!!

any source for that pls?
    Edited by altemriel on February 7, 2017 2:52PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With fur
    Maoimii

really? nice!!!

this one is happy now!!

any source for that pls?

Miats addon itself states as much at esoui.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

With fur
    Maoimii

really? nice!!!

this one is happy now!!

any source for that pls?

Miats addon itself states as much at esoui.

Oh, this is really nice news my pal!!! This one feels really better now about it :smiley:

This one was totally not happy about this addon, seemed like total cheating to this one!
    Now this one can cloak again and be happy :)

With swift paws
    Maoimii
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With fur
    Maoimii

Miat showed us what could be made. I'm going to love the incoming "cheat" threads over the next few months as people realise the amount of private addons that have already been made since Miats xD. Already enjoyed the thread where someone made an addon to literally find people in their specific location while in stealth, that QQ thread was too funny.
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »

With fur
    Maoimii

Miat showed us what could be made. I'm going to love the incoming "cheat" threads over the next few months as people realise the amount of private addons that have already been made since Miats xD. Already enjoyed the thread where someone made an addon to literally find people in their specific location while in stealth, that QQ thread was too funny.

How can one find the existence of game-breaking addons even remotely enjoyable - beats me.

You've got weird, devious ways to have fun, mate.

Revelling in the secret knowledge of unfair doings - takes a certain mindset.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arthg wrote: »
    KisoValley wrote: »

With fur
    Maoimii

How can one find the existence of game-breaking addons even remotely enjoyable - beats me.

You've got weird, devious ways to have fun, mate.

Revelling in the secret knowledge of unfair doings - takes a certain mindset.

It's almost as enjoyable as one-shotting an otherwise helpless player that can't fight back.

As for the 'secret add-ons', I think if there was some way to find nightblades or detect their stealth opener, Miat would have figured it out. He didn't, and he retired his addon completely because there was nothing left in the API service to talk to. All of the "hooks" are removed, and there's nothing to talk to on the server.

• kessik221
    kessik221
    ✭✭✭
    They could do what they did to console. Just remove add ons all together
  • binho
    binho
    ✭✭✭
    I play on the PS4 so no fancy addons like Miats...
    It's def cheating and shame people don't know how to play without them :/