The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Ut de Octo Guild Recruitment

xXKillbotXx1999
Greetings from Deshaan!

I am here to recruit for my guild, Ut de Octo (roughly translated "Order of the Eight" in Latin). We are a brand new guild (0 members at the time of this writing), and the Guilds' focus is on role-playing. A brief "history" of the guild can be found here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/309207/the-history-of-ut-de-octo#latest

What I plan to do is establish a divine "cult"-like group of players who dedicate themselves to the well being of Tamriel. I want us to develop a code of laws that we should follow ( or not, for those with corrupted souls :wink: )I want us to be a guild that isn't afraid of anything that's thrown at us, be it in PvP or PvE. I have created multiple ranks, and after we get a few more members, I would like to add ranks for "artisans" of the guild! We could plan events together, and even just chill out for a time. I also have a planned "tithe" system, where the more charitable players can donate gold to the bank, and 50% of be distributed as evenly as possible among the guilds membership.

Or, we could all just hang out, make friends, and share a glass (or 5) of alto wine. I would really like for this to work out, so if you're interested, comment below with your PSN username and I'll send you an invite! And, if you want, leave some suggestions, and we'll see if we can implement some new things in the guild! Thanks guys, and have a nice and safe holiday season!
  • jarnkoldur
    jarnkoldur
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be interested in joining. PSN: Jarnkoldur
    "And when the truth finally dawns, it shall dawn in fire!"
  • Enderyn
    Enderyn
    Soul Shriven
    Sounds interesting. How detailed does the role-play have to be? Requirements for voice chat? Character back story, or is this a bit more casual?
    Enderyn X'Lotti -Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight
    Nÿm -Bosmer Stamina Nightblade
    -NA/PS4-
    PSN -NW19kilo
  • jarnkoldur
    jarnkoldur
    ✭✭✭
    I concur @Enderyn, it does sound interresting -even though the background could be offered a few suggestions to better match the lore of the setting. Hopefully it is text chat friendly.! ^_^
    "And when the truth finally dawns, it shall dawn in fire!"
  • xXKillbotXx1999
    Enderyn wrote: »
    Sounds interesting. How detailed does the role-play have to be? Requirements for voice chat? Character back story, or is this a bit more casual?

Hi! Sorry for getting back to you so late. I had figured this thread vanished into the forum's Oblivion lol. Anyways, The role-play can be as detailed as you like it. It has been suggested that we have different chat channels for those who do and do not feel like role-playing. Voice chat is completely voluntary, as I don't use it much myself. In regards to character backstory, you can most certainly have one, but it is by no means required. Thank you for your interest in the guild!
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Er, my Latin classes are almost 25 years ago...but isn't "ut" more like "in order to"? I'd have thought "Ordo" was the droid you were looking for as far as the noun "order".

Not trying to be snarky, and I could be (probably am) wrong as its been literally decades...but be a good time maybe to verify before ya grow and it is inconvenient ;)
    Esse quam videri.
  • xXKillbotXx1999
    Riptide wrote: »
    Er, my Latin classes are almost 25 years ago...but isn't "ut" more like "in order to"? I'd have thought "Ordo" was the droid you were looking for as far as the noun "order".

Not trying to be snarky, and I could be (probably am) wrong as its been literally decades...but be a good time maybe to verify before ya grow and it is inconvenient ;)

I'm going to be quite honest, Google translate was used. Now, I am fully aware that Translate isn't always accurate. But from my experience, shorter phrases have a much higher success rate than full-fledged sentences. So, I can only hope that Google got it right this time lol. In the case that it's not, I guess we'll have to live with it lol. Trolls will be trolls, I suppose :smiley: