The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The History of Ut de Octo

xXKillbotXx1999
This post is just a little backstory I made for my Guild that I created on the NA PS4 server. I hope y'all enjoy! (and yes, I'm aware that this may not go along with proper Elder Scrolls lore)

Five hundred years before the events that we know today there was a clan of warriors and templars that had wanted to find divinity in the mortal plane. This large group of people called themselves Ut de Octo, "Order of the Eight" in what would be today's Latin. These men and women had bound a contract with the eight divines to expel the world of the Daedra, and to destroy the entirety of Oblivion, and in doing so would receive the powers of the Divines themselves. They fought for ten years, nearly destroying every last Daedra on the face of Nirn. When the final Dremora lay dead, the leader of Ut de Octo, a Templar named Dalar, told his weary followers that there would be no rest before the plunge into Oblivion. He told them that if they couldn't fight on the need for Daedric blood to be spilt, they were dead already.
Nevertheless, his followers stayed true. Dalar opened a massive portal to Oblivion, in which he told the army he had to head in before him, so that they may get the first taste of blood. 10,000 warriors went inside the portal, and before Dalar stepped in, he had a vision; he saw massive amounts of death, his wife being cut down on the battlefield before him. Little did he know that the vision he was having was one of current events. He stepped into the portal to ready his army of 10,000, and to his dismay, he saw everyone laying before him dead and rotting. Dalar couldn't grasp what had happened, and started searching among the dead for his wife and teenage son. He had searched 2,000 bodies when he was suddenly struck down by the blade of an injured Daedra. With a blade through his chest, Dalar collapsed onto the ground, next to his son, who was only an illusion.
Dalar was resurrected on an altar in Oblivion and was renamed "Dalar the Betrayer", for he had failed to fight and die alongside his brethren during the siege against Oblivion. His soul was moved to Coldharbour, where it would be a slave for 499 years. During the 500th year, Dalar the Betrayer escaped Coldharbour, and found himself on a small island in northern Tamriel. From there he gained honor and nobility, helping everyone he could, and eventually saved the king of the Ebonheart Pact. It was then that he decided to reform Ut de Octo. It was time to make the Daedra pay. All he needs now is members to join his cause.