Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Is Dreugh King set 5 piece bonus broken?

Blkadr
Blkadr
✭✭✭✭
I just got 6 pieces of this and it should have Major Brutality as the bonus, but it doesn't show on my character screen at all. So... is it broken? Or does it just not show, because on all other items with this buff it always shows? I'm just wondering if I should scrap the set and switch to something else. (P.S. I'm a tank so I'm open to suggestions.)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yikes, I hope it's not broken...you're right though, major brutality should appear on your character screen anongst active effects...

Edit: most of the feedback you'll receive regarding the usefullness of the DKS set is to drop it like a hot potato...

to sway you a little further in the direction of switching sets - i'm using DKS plus beekeeper's set on my SnB "tank"...

so yeah, if I'm attracted to and using a set - that's usually a clear indication that it stinks :#
    Edited by geonsocal on December 20, 2016 12:54AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why are you wearing this as a tank?
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    works for me.

check your weapon damage with and without.

fwiw, the buff doesn't seem to show on my character screen, either.

cheers.

• Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will it actually change my weapon damage stat or just my DPS? Because my DPS fluctuates so much I couldn't tell you if it changes or not. And I just got to lvl 50 today so that's why I'm trying the set, because I had it in the bank from FG runs. I also tried Knight-Errant (didn't like it) and Way of the Fire (verdict not out yet).

I'll probably make my own but if there's something I should be farming for let me know! :)
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should show up on your actual ability stats. Check what their damage is before and after you equip it.
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    'Gain Major Brutality at all times, increasing your Weapon Damage by 20%. When you kill an enemy, you gain Major Expedition for 20 seconds, increasing your Movement Speed by 30%.'

Although I don't get a buff appear that says 'major brutality', my weapon dmg does increase. Check your weapon dmg stat with and without the fifth piece.

And when I kill things I run fast :-D

I use this set when I'm farming, it's fun!
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you wearing this as a tank?

Probably not good to wear in a 4-man dungeon, but could help a "tank" finish content faster when he's doing content solo.

I used it on a character once for the Major expedition while harvesting mats. Just kill a bird or pig or something and get a 30% speed boost. I preferred that over slotting Rapid Maneuvers.
  • Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I haven't checked my actual weapon damage stat yet. And my tank does DPS when she quests so I wanted a set that would get me thru normal dungeons as well as get me some damage done on solo quests. I have not noticed running faster after killing things though. Would I have the yellow streaks like Rapid Maneuvers does when I run or would it not be noticeable?

• Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok so... my weapon damage was 2402. I took off a piece and it went down to 2002, so you were right. Thanks for the help! Now I just have to decide if I want to keep the set since it appears to be working and just not showing in the correct area. :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blkadr wrote: »
    Ok so... my weapon damage was 2402. I took off a piece and it went down to 2002, so you were right. Thanks for the help! Now I just have to decide if I want to keep the set since it appears to be working and just not showing in the correct area. :)

i'm quite sure there are others out there with much "bigger" numbers - but, kind of nice having 2.4k weapon damage on your "tank" build :D
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your stats reflect the bonus but the icon on the character sheet only shows after you do damage ...
    :)
  • Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

i'm quite sure there are others out there with much "bigger" numbers - but, kind of nice having 2.4k weapon damage on your "tank" build :D

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. My dps is like 6K, but hey, I'm a tank. I just block stuff. ;)

Oh and I was standing in Kvatch checking this out so I'm sure the weapon damage number was a bit.. inflated.

Edited by Blkadr on December 20, 2016 3:56AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so... my weapon damage was 2402

see, more reason for not listening to me - i thought that statement meant your weapon damage was 2.4k (which I think is good for a tank)...

I try to portray more of a sardonic attitude online as opposed to sarcastic - always saw sarcasm as a sign of low wit...
  • Rataroto
    Rataroto
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just got 6 pieces of this )

6? o.O

• RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used this set while using my night blade, dps as a heavy armor for kicks and I was pulling good dps. Good enough that the mobs were attacking me if the tank weren't taunting. Seems working for me just fine.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭

see, more reason for not listening to me - i thought that statement meant your weapon damage was 2.4k (which I think is good for a tank)...

I try to portray more of a sardonic attitude online as opposed to sarcastic - always saw sarcasm as a sign of low wit...

Yes, my weapon damage came out to about 2.4K with the set but my actual DPS is about 6K. Does that help? Which makes no sense in itself. But I do think they inflate things like weapon damage, health, stamina, etc. in the DLC zones so my weapon damage isn't really that high in reality.

And I wore 6 pieces because I had 5 armor and 1 weapon. But I think I'm gonna make an Alessia mace to match my Alessia shield.
  • Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used this set while using my night blade, dps as a heavy armor for kicks and I was pulling good dps. Good enough that the mobs were attacking me if the tank weren't taunting. Seems working for me just fine.

The set is stuffed with health, maybe if I stuff it with stamina instead I can get some DPS out of it? But that's a lot of kutas so I want to be sure its worth keeping first. Not sure why my DPS is so crappy but I know that's one reason.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, you don't need 6. Just 5 pieces. You can tell the major brutality from the overall weapon dam numbers on your character screen. Look at your weapon dam scale while having 4 pieces on, then put on the 5th piece. Your overall weapon dam should increase by 20% with that 5th piece.
  • Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    First, you don't need 6. Just 5 pieces. You can tell the major brutality from the overall weapon dam numbers on your character screen. Look at your weapon dam scale while having 4 pieces on, then put on the 5th piece. Your overall weapon dam should increase by 20% with that 5th piece.

Yeah, like I said I'm gonna make a new weapon and scrap the old one. And I did get a like 300 weapon damage bonus so it works, thanks. Now I gotta find more pieces in reinforced and I think I'll keep wearing this set.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, my weapon damage came out to about 2.4K with the set but my actual DPS is about 6K. Does that help? Which makes no sense in itself. But I do think they inflate things like weapon damage, health, stamina, etc. in the DLC zones so my weapon damage isn't really that high in reality.

And I wore 6 pieces because I had 5 armor and 1 weapon. But I think I'm gonna make an Alessia mace to match my Alessia shield.

Howdy @Blkadr ...you inspired me to take a closer look at what I had going with my "tank" wearing the DKS set...it turns out I only had a weapon damage of around 2.1k (i'm on ps4 so I don't see any kind of dps counters, if they're there I've never looked for them)...

I had an unbuffed health regen of around 2.6k (which doesn't really make sense for a templar) - so, I'm gonna switch out two of the glyphs on my jewelry to add 'physical harm' glyphs to raise my weapon damage up to over 2.4k...

I know a lot of my builds are hot messes :#...I really have no desire at all to copy any one else's stuff though...so, I try to be real selective in what I implement from reading here...

for me a lot of the fun in playing is character development, and, i don't feel in any particular rush to "get things right"...

I'll be honest though, some of the best improvements I've made with my characters have been through this site...particularly from threads like yours - so mucho gracias senor :)
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use this set with pilenals with my werewolf for pvp, 5k weapon damage / spell damage in form, if they ever boost the major brutality from ww I may drop it, but I will miss the speed boost though.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah, almost forgot...the animation from increased expedition is white vapors flowing from your legs - pretty cool actually...that character wears all black so it's a nice contrast...

cuz you know what - staying upright and killin lots of folks is pretty important in pvp, maybe even more important though - is looking cool doing it :o
    Edited by geonsocal on December 21, 2016 5:16AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

cuz you know what - staying upright and killin lots of folks is pretty important in pvp, maybe even more important though - is looking cool doing it :o

A witty reply that was not being sarcastic ... I salute you, sir ... ;)
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just equipped this set for a change and I find it quite fun especially the speed boost it lasts for ages and triggers off siege too only downside it doesn't stack major brutality from potions or abilities which is fair I suppose because you've got it from set ,cherry on top is it does stack with empower and minor brutality
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. My dps is like 6K, but hey, I'm a tank. I just block stuff. ;)

Oh and I was standing in Kvatch checking this out so I'm sure the weapon damage number was a bit.. inflated.

For what it's worth, I don't think the Gold Coast inflates your stats anymore. I haven't gone back and checked, though, so I could be wrong.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prothwata wrote: »
    I use this set with pilenals with my werewolf for pvp, 5k weapon damage / spell damage in form, if they ever boost the major brutality from ww I may drop it, but I will miss the speed boost though.

Well, that answers two questions I've had. "Why would you want major brutality on your items when it will conflict with so many abilities?" And, "Is there any legitimate use for Pelinal's aptitude?" I'm still not sure you wouldn't be better off with a second set that boosts your weapon damage instead, (all I can think of right now is Hunding's, for some reason), but I guess that's more about your main build, and not about making Hircine's Rage the most hilariously broken skill in the game.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you can only have one major brutally active, this set gives it constantly and it can be considerably more than hundings and you wouldn't have to chug a potion or use an ability for a time limited boost I just think it offers a bit more diversity to builds
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kram8ion wrote: »
    Well you can only have one major brutally active, this set gives it constantly and it can be considerably more than hundings and you wouldn't have to chug a potion or use an ability for a time limited boost I just think it offers a bit more diversity to builds

Yeah. It's more of an issue for werewolves, since Hircine's Rage only lasts for a couple seconds. So it's not like you're giving up half the benefit of Rally or Crit Surge. It's a substantial buff, and I'll bet a larger stat boost than you'd see off Hunding's. (~500, I'm guessing.)
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Prothwata wrote: »

Well, that answers two questions I've had. "Why would you want major brutality on your items when it will conflict with so many abilities?" And, "Is there any legitimate use for Pelinal's aptitude?" I'm still not sure you wouldn't be better off with a second set that boosts your weapon damage instead, (all I can think of right now is Hunding's, for some reason), but I guess that's more about your main build, and not about making Hircine's Rage the most hilariously broken skill in the game.

In pve hircine's rage is fine for a heal and no doubt your better off amping your damage with a second crafted set.

But in pvp your Hircine's rage is your only real known chance for survival. Heal is reduced by 50% all day, 30% major defile, 15% minor defile. You better be over amping the heal. At the end of the day a dead wolf does no damage regardless how much offensive capability it has.

For pve I still use the DK/Pelinal's my templar, it lets me tank/heal my group in vet pledges and still pull 15k+ single target dps. Because after a taunt and two heals, ritual, armor buff, gap closer, not having to worry about a major brutality buff, and mobility gain is pretty "fetch".
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Phica_Lovic
    Phica_Lovic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Time a wasted. Plz check stats next time, thanks.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Phica -Max CP - Lvl 50 Argonian Sorc Healer since launch