Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Quick question, looking for quick answer: DK tank: stam or magicka

BuddyAces
BuddyAces
✭✭✭✭✭
As title states. Currently which would be the better route to follow?
They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Hybrid. Let me tell you how. Have lots of Max Stamina but combine it with Magicka Recovery. The faster your Magicka regenerates the more Igneous shields you can use the more stamina you get back. And with higher Max Stamina you get back more. It also helps to use more chains and talons while still being able to block and taunt a lot.
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Guy above gets it. Don't out any points in magic. Aim for highest stamina pool possible and around 28k health. Don't worry about stam recovery, focus on magic recovery instead.
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • kessik221
    kessik221
    ✭✭✭
    Yep theres no point in having a large magicka pool as a dk tank we have no "spammable" that eats enough magicka to justify it. Unless you want to run a damage tank for vet dungeons.
  • Hateanthem
    Hateanthem
    ✭✭✭✭
    All points into stam, glyph armor for Magicka (maybe one health if needed), get health from armor and jewelry, glyph jewelry for Magicka recovery....Win.
  • Lefthy
    Lefthy
    ✭✭
    yeap, Stamina + Magika Regen its the best combo.

Currently using armor master + trasmutation + engine guardian and i never get dry of resources.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help folks. Very informative. The part about magicka regen was very nice to know.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Hybrid. Let me tell you how. Have lots of Max Stamina but combine it with Magicka Recovery. The faster your Magicka regenerates the more Igneous shields you can use the more stamina you get back. And with higher Max Stamina you get back more. It also helps to use more chains and talons while still being able to block and taunt a lot.

Paul is absolutely correct. I was going to type something similar, but this is it. DK Tanks manage their stamina with high magic regen. Seems silly until you read the earthen heart passive. You can block cast igneous shield and regen stamina while blocking. This alone is why DK tanks are the best, not to mention chains, a powerful tank ultimate, talons, battleroar, etc.

My argonian tank sits at about 30k healht, 19k magic and 25k stam. With a potion, I am right at 2k magic recovery. I am still a little new to tanking, but this has not failed me yet. This is coming from someone who did a 9 minute boss fight in a terrible pug group last night. You can hold most 4-man bosses without any help with this kind of build pretty much indefinitely.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on December 21, 2016 7:51PM