Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Dolmen respawn time ?

Julianos
Julianos
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone know how long it takes to re spawn ?

Best Answers

• DoccEff
    DoccEff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    15 min as far as I know.
    Answer ✓
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No idea if it's all in my head, but sometimes it feels considerably shorter than 15mins at times. I had always assumed it depended on whether or not the other dolmens were heavily populated elsewhere in the zone.
    Answer ✓
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is always one dolmen up in the zone. There is no respawn time. Just if one dolmen is destroyed, another will activate. So there is no reason to wait on one. Go and fight on another ;)
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
    Answer ✓
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 10 or 15 minutes. But, the dolmens only trigger if someone gets close enough to actually cause the cultists to spawn (standing on the stone is close enough). So if you hang back at a distance and wait, it could stay down indefinitely.
    Answer ✓
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We did like 3 dolmens in 10 minutes for 5h during last festival, so I would say that 15 minute dolmen respawn time is highly unlikely. Maybe it is like that when you do them alone..
    Answer ✓
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    We did like 3 dolmens in 10 minutes for 5h during last festival, so I would say that 15 minute dolmen respawn time is highly unlikely. Maybe it is like that when you do them alone..

Yeah, Dolmen trains make me wonder if there's something else going on with them. Like "if no dolmens are up, the one on cooldown the longest gets taken off, and can go online."

I'm honestly not sure, though.
    Answer ✓
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    10 min usually. From before Boss fight till respawn. Ive had some unusual encounters though where the Dolmen repopped after only a few min. Its pretty though in my experience.
    Answer ✓
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly is seems like it has changed since the witches festival. The one i was farming then every 4:30-5:30 minutes over and over again. Since the festival end it has slowed down. Maybe there is some timing with the other dolemans or something since they were probably all being closed quickly during the festival.
    Answer ✓
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    jeedrzej wrote: »
    There is always one dolmen up in the zone. There is no respawn time. Just if one dolmen is destroyed, another will activate. So there is no reason to wait on one. Go and fight on another ;)

I don't know for sure but I think it's what he says, since during the witches festival I was farming dolmens in auridon and we always had 1 up after finishing the last one, and we took less than 15min to destroy a dolmen.
    Answer ✓
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those saying 15 minutes...It's much, much quicker in Alik'r...as soon as one drops, the next one spawns. Pretty much all the time. Go out to Alik'r and join a dolmen group to see for yourself.
    Edited by drakhan2002_ESO on December 15, 2016 2:23PM
    Answer ✓
  • Odditorium
    Odditorium
    ✭✭✭
    I've timed it with the stopwatch on my G13. The longest it takes is 7 minutes. They sometimes pop after 4 as well.
    PC/NA
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Dandy Warhol -|- Odditorium
    Oscillation Overthruster -|- Molag Trump
    Kira the Gelfling -|- Varag Ghoul-Chewer
    Buffy the Purple Slayer -|- Hostile Seventeen

OTG
    Ayrenn's Army
    AD Only
    Answer ✓
  • summitxho
    summitxho
    ✭✭✭
    I remember hearing somewhere that if someone approached the dolmen who had not yet completed it, it would trigger it quicker, I wonder if there is any truth to that.
    Answer ✓
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    summitxho wrote: »
    I remember hearing somewhere that if someone approached the dolmen who had not yet completed it, it would trigger it quicker, I wonder if there is any truth to that.

It seems to happen to me, but it could just be a coincidence.
    Answer ✓
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 100% xp bonus they will likely be faster because farmers roll them (in certain zones) and they trigger faster as a result it seems.
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done some Dolmen Rotations in quite a few zones. In zones like Alikir, we can take out one Dolmen, then sprint the wayshrine and go the next dolmen. As we get to the next wayshrine, the next dolmen is already coming up. I have also noticed this in Deshaan and Auridon and Grahtwood. Now, these are zones that have Dolmens close to Wayshrines. In places like Stormhaven or Greenshade which have dolmens far away from Wayshrines, the frequency does not appear to be anywhere as near as fast. But, this could be the lack of players in the zone, or the amount of time it takes someone to get to the wayshrines to get to the Dolmens. In Glenumbra, I never tried to get to the North or South Dolmens, instead I would just camp at the Central one (which is near the Werefolf World Boss) and it would take about 5 minutes for that Dolmen to come up.

So, I don't think there is a Dolmen Timer per say, at least to the extent it gets to work very often. However, I have camped a character near a Dolmen and done some RW stuff and had the Dolmen come up after a period of time when no other players appeared to be around.So, perhaps there is a timer of sorts in case no Dolmens are triggered. And, in emptier times like the middle of the night, I have come up to Dolmens and had them trigger as I approach.

Finally, if your going to try to rotate through the zone for the Dolmens, go Counter Clockwise, or as near to Counter Clockwise as you can. Auridon for instance, they are pretty much in a straight line North to South. That being said, I did get into a Clockwise rotation in Alikir the other night, so perhaps the rotation can be influenced by the players.

@summitxho

I don't think that is the case. I have a new character that I am taking around to Dolmens and the Cultists appear when they are going to appear, whether it is because enough time as passed and I can trigger them when I walk up, or, the other dolmens in the zone have been taken down.

Edited by Nestor on December 15, 2016 8:00PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for replies guys
    Answer ✓
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I park 3 characters in front of each dolmen. When 1 is finished I load the next and do the next. I keep the rotation going and its almost 100% uptime on them.
    The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
    Answer ✓
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    That being said, I did get into a Clockwise rotation in Alikir the other night, so perhaps the rotation can be influenced by the players.

@Nestor, rotation is entirely controlled by the players who start a train. If the dolmens are not being farmed they'll eventually all end up in a primed state, waiting for someone to swing by and trigger the cultists. If a train starts, the order they hit the dolmens in first, will establish the cycling pattern.

Generally speaking, you don't see this anymore, with One Tamriel, but before that dropped, the mechanics were a lot easier to tinker with, especially in silver zones.
  • warboyo
    warboyo
    It's pretty much one after the other and they seem to work anti-clockwise rotation so if you find your self in a dolmen that has been completed just TP to the next one.

Every dolmen grinding group i have been in have all worked the same, complete and move to the next.