Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Different places to turn in max level writs

Soella
Soella
✭✭✭✭
Craglorn is far too populated nowadays, when all crafters 40+ are forced to do writs in Belkarth. With 1T there is no any reasons to have turn ins split according to old zone levels.

I think it would be great if we could accept writs in any city and turn in at the same city all writs does not matter what level they are. It will help both to decrease lag in overpopulated Crag, add some population to currently quiet cities plus it is convenient when you level crafts, you don't have to jump into 3 different places only because you alchemy is behind you smithing.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem is, it would move all the Lag to Rawkla or Shadowfen.

I do agree that we should be able to drop the writ off in any capital city for the Alliance the Writ is being done, but the lag issues you allude to could happen, Rawkla is bad enough now. Unless they moved the drop off to Dune.....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know at least 3 very convenient cities (Rawkla, Shadowfen, Rivenspire) so it will split the crowd at least 3 times. Plus there are a few other OK cities where I would gladly park my crafter alts if it will help with lag/load time even though they are less convenient.

Deshaan/Stormhaven would be badly affected, so probably capitals should be excluded from the list
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly with the transformation in One Tamriel, and the fact that you can pick up the writs at any city, the most fitting way to handle writs would be to allow you to turn them in at ANY writ drop off location.

The whole point of One Tamriel was to allow total exploration possibilities from level 1, so why for a level 1 writ am I forced to turn it in at Auridon (sorry I've only played AD and don't know the other alliance's comparable zones)? If I want to start out in Reaper's March, or Stonefalls, or even Craglorn, I should be able to turn my writs in wherever there's a drop off location.

And let's be honest. There are certain zones that the crafting tables, bank, writ drop-offs are much easier/faster to navigate between and I feel this would honestly encourage more people to do the writs.

Just my two cents anyway.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually glad it's back in Craglorn. Wrothgar was a nightmare for doing daily writs.
    shades.gif