Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 16, 18:00 UTC (2:00PM EDT) - 20:00 UTC (4:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667442

Moose mount is already created.....

• Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sengra wrote: »
    Milvan wrote: »
    You mean the new life festival mount? It's a Elk.

deer-differences.gif

Interesting. I was confused because what is called a moose in that pic is an 'Elch' in German ... but elk is also translated as Elch. The New Life mount looks like a stag to me (which seems to be the same as 'deer' in German ...). *is even more confused now*

Yeah, it is confusing. I had to google it to see how the North Americans and the Europeans are interchanging their terms. This is why we use Linnaean classifications in science. lol
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »
    Milvan wrote: »
    You mean the new life festival mount? It's a Elk.

deer-differences.gif

What do they call an American moose in Europe then? (not a joke, lol...guess I'll have to look it up)

...and the antlers on that deer "diagram" are way off. Those are elk antlers on a deer.

So I probably got this wrong, but in the same order, in Europe, they're usually called:
    Elk -- (don't have this one, called Wapiti in Asia) -- Reindeer -- Deer

Alces alces -- Cervus canadensis -- Rangifer tarandus -- (many)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the moose was done right, and was sized correctly and moved correctly, I would probably buy one. I live in Alaska so I have high expectations lol.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts