Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 16, 18:00 UTC (2:00PM EDT) - 20:00 UTC (4:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667442

Moose mount is already created.....

Cavedog
Cavedog
✭✭✭✭✭
Who else wants a moose mount? The animation for the camel is essentially identical as it would be for a moose. They both run kind of weird with those floppy legs because they're too tall. The only thing ZOS would need to do is change the body cover on the animation and add moose antlers. The animation is already built.

Who wants a moose mount?!! I know I do, and it'll be easy for ZOS to do. It'll look awesome running in a herd with the elk....which I also can't wait to purchase.

Bring on the moose mount ZOS! .....Please.....

• drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a Reindeer mount...so I can fly! Seriously though...hopefully it won't be like WoW's moose mount.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... But do they spit? I'd love a spitting moose.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a Reindeer mount...so I can fly! Seriously though...hopefully it won't be like WoW's moose mount.

I've never played wow.....but what I'm picturing isn't corny. ZOS did a really good job with the animation for the camel, and it just happens to be exactly how a moose looks when it runs too. So I was thinking it wouldn't be too awful hard to create a moose mount. ....and of course they could sell it in crown store and get revenue from it too. I'd happily buy one. ....but I might be the only one lol.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bullwinkle J. Moose! lol
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends - need to preview it.

If the proportions is good I might buy it. I tend to buy rides but prefer horses due to the size.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭

Ah cmon that mount is awesome!! :smile:
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please think +VE, I think you should get some +VE blood :-)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »
    Who wants a moose mount?!! I know I do, and it'll be easy for ZOS to do. It'll look awesome running in a herd with the elk....which I also can't wait to purchase.
    Fun fact: in Europe, an elk is a moose.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    960.jpg

I just keep picturing Rocky pulling a Bowinkle mount out of a hat while saying "Now Here's Something I Hope you'll Really Like..."

A moose mount and a raccoon pet...
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer a good chocolate mousse personally.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the great replies and fun thread guys. :)
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean the new life festival mount? It's a Elk.

deer-differences.gif
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • FoolishHuman
    FoolishHuman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would have kept it at horses, camels and guar. It's already like a wandering circus when a group of players rides around. :s
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »

deer-differences.gif

What do they call an American moose in Europe then? (not a joke, lol...guess I'll have to look it up)

...and the antlers on that deer "diagram" are way off. Those are elk antlers on a deer.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would have kept it at horses, camels and guar. It's already like a wandering circus when a group of players rides around. :s

It does look pretty crazy sometimes.....but don't you think that we should all have the ability to ride what ever we want...within reason lol. I think a herd of elk running though cyrodiil will look bad'ass.
  • eaton68_ESO
    eaton68_ESO
    ✭✭✭

deer-differences.gif

What do they call an American moose in Europe then? (not a joke, lol...guess I'll have to look it up)

...and the antlers on that deer "diagram" are way off. Those are elk antlers on a deer.

Those are large antlers for a deer, but not 'out of this world' rare either.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

deer-differences.gif

Those are large antlers for a deer, but not 'out of this world' rare either.

Yeah, I guess....for a big mule deer. White tail antlers are are typically, I say typically for a reason, smaller, cupped, and forward facing. ....but we are digressing big time here lol....must be maintenance again.
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a mouse mount.
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ookami007 wrote: »
    I just keep picturing Rocky pulling a Bullwinkle mount out of a hat while saying "Now Here's Something I Hope you'll Really Like..."

A moose mount and a raccoon pet...

Ignoring the fact that Rocky is a flying squirrel-

I WANT A RACCOON PET!!

I also want him to steal for me, while visiting shops in town.

• andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Fun fact: in Europe, an elk is a moose.

As a born and raised European who grew up in Sweden, we say moose, always has, always will. An Elk is an entirely different animal. Wtf lol. Americans... -_-
    Edited by andreasranasen on December 14, 2016 4:21PM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No it just runs around winking, smoking a comically large cigar, and shouting "Bully for you!"
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭

Moose don't spit! Camels spit. :P Moose snort and grunt mostly, but they also have a super spooky call (which would be EPIC to hear from an in-game mount!!)

deer-differences.gif

Depends on the kind of deer. The one in the diagram actually looks more like a reindeer. But Mule Deer are pretty small and Whitetails can vary ins size. I'm from Maine and the Whitetails there are about twice the size of the Whitetails in Michigan where I am now (I actually thought they were Mule Deer when I first saw them.

Also, the moose in the diagram should be larger. :) I have seen collisions with mid-size cars and Bull moose and the moose walks away while the car is totaled. And the ones I've seen aren't even as big as the ones in Alaska!

Nords on moose.... Awesome in so many ways. Great idea!
    Phoebe Anderson
  • Aletheion
    Aletheion
    ✭✭✭
    I'd only want it if it came in daedra form because everyone knows that the Atronach Camel is by far the coolest daedra in all of Oblivion!

The others envy the stormy lightning creature awkwardly flopping all over Tamriel. Yes.. I got one in a crown crate :-/

-Aletheion
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who else wants a moose mount? The animation for the camel is essentially identical as it would be for a moose. They both run kind of weird with those floppy legs because they're too tall.

A Camel and a Moose don't move the same way.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Sengra
    Sengra
    ✭✭✭

deer-differences.gif

Interesting. I was confused because what is called a moose in that pic is an 'Elch' in German ... but elk is also translated as Elch. The New Life mount looks like a stag to me (which seems to be the same as 'deer' in German ...). *is even more confused now*
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can safely say I won't be buying it. I only buy cat and horse mounts. I dislike the way the wolf mount's head turns when, well, turning. I think the bear mount looks ridiculous when running and the guars, they just look terrible as do the camels.
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a spider
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lardvader wrote: »
    Depends - need to preview it.

If the proportions is good I might buy it. I tend to buy rides but prefer horses due to the size.

Truth. I bought a Pride Lion, but it was like daggers to my eyes how low to the ground I was. So now I ride a big brown Bear, which is the same height as a horse. We'll see how tall the Elk looks... :wink:
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if I have a flying squirrel vanity pet.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Who else wants a moose mount? The animation for the camel is essentially identical as it would be for a moose. They both run kind of weird with those floppy legs because they're too tall.

A Camel and a Moose don't move the same way.

The camel animation that ZOS created is VERY moose like. I live in a part of the world where moose are very common. (and I'm talking about north American moose, not Eurasian elk)