Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Blocking

Schizoid-man
Schizoid-man
✭✭
What does it mean when your arms glow orange after a block?
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is likely due to the Champion Point passive you have. Which increases the damage of your next light/heavy (?) attack after blocking/interrupting an enemy attack.
    I think the skill may be called Opportunist? I'll have a check then let you know exactly.
    (Edit: It's called Retaliation, see post 8 below)
    Edited by Rev Rielle on December 13, 2016 11:09PM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Schizoid-man
    Schizoid-man
    ✭✭
    Thanks
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opportunist: Rank 10 Champion point Passive.
    "Increase the damage of your next physical attack by 15% after you interrupt a target."

Seems like the skill most likely, regarding what you're experiencing.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Interrupting=/=Blocking

I would guess its the Heavy Armor Passive Wrath that increases Weapon damage after being hit, not necessarily blocking thou.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interrupting=/=Blocking

I would guess its the Heavy Armor Passive Wrath that increases Weapon damage after being hit, not necessarily blocking thou.
    That's a very important distinction, yes, but, no.
    It's more than likely a specific Champion Point passive, the heavy armour passive does not give you that.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on December 13, 2016 12:13PM
  • Veraen
    Veraen
    ✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    Opportunist: Rank 10 Champion point Passive.
    "Increase the damage of your next physical attack by 15% after you interrupt a target."

I always thought it was the 30 point passive "Riposte" under "Mage → Atronach" but it actually happens all the time, which is why what you said makes way more sense. That orange glow is pretty awesome too, I love it!
    Veræn → XB1/NA
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Schizoid-man My mistake!

The Champion Passive that you're most likely seeing is: Retaliation, A 10 point passive in the Atronach minor star sign under The Mage.

Retaliation:
    "Increases the damage of your next Light Attack by 30% after blocking a Heavy Attack."

How I missed that when I was looking through the passives the other day I don't know, but there it is.
    Hope that helps.
  • Schizoid-man
    Schizoid-man
    ✭✭
    Yes, I suspect I have that one. Thanks.