Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Proc sets are good for the game

• a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP just made me lol harder than I thought possible.

This is why we can't have nice things
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it when viper veli gankblades realize ambush wasnt enouth and its time to die.

Bad players greatest problem is that they just copy a build, but not know how to play it. And if any will help them they dont listen. Proc sets give them a chance for oneshoot but for skilled players they are just free AP, and with proc sets on an skilled player they die faster.
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Procc sets dumbed down pvp, I dont see...in any way possible, that this is a good thing.[SNIP]
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on December 15, 2016 4:20PM

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "get gud xD" comments aside, I can't see how proc sets are doing anything but scaring away new players. Seriously, so long as all of my sets (Viper+Veli) proc, I can kill a max CP character in heavy armor in about two seconds. That's a max level character, in the most defensive armor type, getting killed before they can even really react due to proc sets. If I can do that to somebody that's wearing the meta gear and at max level, what chance does somebody at low CP with a non meta build have?

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok so if not troll.

Wouldn't you like to learn and get good at PvP? Or are you just completely satisfied by running around mindlessly clicking buttons?
    PC EU
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    Saint_Bud wrote: »
    I like it when viper veli gankblades realize ambush wasnt enouth and its time to die.

Bad players greatest problem is that they just copy a build, but not know how to play it. And if any will help them they dont listen. Proc sets give them a chance for oneshoot but for skilled players they are just free AP, and with proc sets on an skilled player they die faster.

How ? Do you build for resist? Block? Have 30k health?
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My timeline ...

PC Beta until my Low Settings PC with a track pad and no mouse blew up: I was terrible at PVP but learned a few tricks to stay alive and rack up a kill or two.

XBox Beta: Was second overall when the first emperor was crowned. Still my highest ranking. I mostly just spammed Breath of Life and a fireball on my Argonian.

XBox Launch until a year ago: Mostly just another victim in PVP. Working a lot kept me from leveling superfast but I could still compete with max players under the right circumstances.

IC launch until Spring: Kept getting better. Hooked on with a really good guild. Learned a ton of stuff.

Spring until end of Summer: I got really good at PVP. Started getting gold rewards despite having only 10 to 15 hours a week to play. Broke up with guild and right about this time Proc sets became a thing.

August-September: Learned soloing was REALLY HARD. Took a few weeks to level a stam character. Realized that simply using a stam toon wasn't the answer. Started reworking my Magplar.

October-Early November: Did better at PVP. Similar to where I was in the Spring. Still having issues with proc sets. Started getting frustrated.

Late November: Mostly as a joke I threw Velidreth on my Magplar. I started facerolling things like I was in the summer, but now I could do it solo.

Now: My character is so OP it's silly. If you catch me off guard you can still melt me, but if I'm properly surfing a Zerg I'll take down 20+ people in minutes.

---

Here's the thing. I'm not the best player, far from it. But I am a very good one, and putting on a proc set put me into hyper drive. If I had a leveled up stam sorc I couldn't even imagine what I could face roll with hurricane-Velidreth-Viper.

I'm a perfect example of the danger of proc sets. Everyone seems to be worried about untalented players getting better. What they should be worried about is good ones, who WON'T leave, getting frustrated into taking revenge.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, i actually agree with OP, even though he is probably trolling. Having proc sets are creating build diversity. I was mindlessly bored being forced into the same max spell/weapon damage sets. But they should definetely change stuff up. Either block multiple sets at the same time, or change up conditions. Sets such as Red Mountain are great. In the right build, this is lethal. In the wrong build it sucks.
    Edited by raasdal on December 19, 2016 5:19PM
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Isellskooma
    Isellskooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Well, i actually agree with OP, even though he is probably trolling. Having proc sets are creating build diversity. I was mindlessly bored being forced into the same max spell/weapon damage sets. But they should definetely change stuff up. Either block multiple sets at the same time, or change up conditions. Sets such as Red Mountain are great. In the right build, this is lethal. In the wrong build it sucks.

SMFH, "build diversity", everyone wears the same build. Build diversity has been dead since soft caps were removed. I think we all just want easy mode sets gone from the game.
    Edited by Isellskooma on December 19, 2016 5:24PM
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SMFH, "build diversity", everyone wears the same build. Build diversity has been dead since soft caps were removed. I think we all just want easy mode sets gone from the game.

Yes, build diversity. I can now make builds that do not focus on stacking either max stat or max power (or both). You can hate proc sets all you want, but they are providing more options for functional builds.

There will ALWAYS ve OP BiS gear that all who cant come up with anything original will use. Those are the Veli/Viper guys. And i do agree those combos are too OP and should be nerfed.
    Edited by raasdal on December 19, 2016 5:29PM
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Isellskooma
    Isellskooma
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, build diversity. I can now make builds that do not focus on stacking either max stat or max power (or both). You can hate proc sets all you want, but they are providing more options for functional builds.

There will ALWAYS ve OP BiS gear that all who cant come up with anything original will use. Those are the Veli/Viper guys. And i do agree those combos are too OP and should be nerfed.
    That's the problem with them... You literally just explained why they're broken. I've been bare fist with just 4 body pieces with selenes, and killed a kid.

Nothing in this game should do dmg with out having damage....
    I like the idea that you should be able to stack into different stuff, but with soft caps back that would solve it.
    Edited by Isellskooma on December 19, 2016 5:40PM
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭

29k health 5h 2l and high resist, magplar with s&b and destro on backbar. Try to surrive the burst, heal up and try to stun them. And dont follow, they will resset the fight with the shadow skill if they are good. Also maglight and dedection pots helps.
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

29k health 5h 2l and high resist, magplar with s&b and destro on backbar. Try to surrive the burst, heal up and try to stun them. And dont follow, they will resset the fight with the shadow skill if they are good. Also maglight and dedection pots helps.

So your a heal bot?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Proc sets have helped to level the playing field in PvP giving more players the ability to be affective in arguable one of the harder mainstream MMO's out there.

I think its a good balance between tab targeting faceroll PvP and preventing the elitist and ultra skilled from totally dominating gameplay

The only people butt hurt about proc sets are the sub set of above average players who no longer have excluisve rights to kill in Cyrodiil

Porc sets are good for the game.

interesting idea
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭

So your a heal bot?

No!
    Run 5 emberplasem, 5 kargs and 2skoria. 3 tristat glyphs on big pieces and entropie on frontbar results in this numbers. Not evry templar were reaktive and co and play heal bot.