The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Current State of Xbox NA Haderus

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
There's a 3-Way Zerg Lag Fest at Bleaker's with DC on the left, EP on the right, and AD pouring out of Bleakers.

There's ALWAYS a 3-Way Zerg Lag Fest at Bleaker's.

And the rest of the map barely moves.

I swear to Stendarr;s Sweaty Sword Arm, it's been like this for weeks now as far as I know and no side has gained ANY ground whatsoever. PvP at it's finest.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much AD farm DC and EP zerg at Bleakers while DC does the same at sejenus.The outpost are new farming Towers but just better since you can res their.
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good thing there are so many other campaign options for competitive pvp on xbox :lol:. Seriously though, haderus is cool if you've never experienced extreme lag and long load screens, scourge is fun if you've never seen ball groups of 50+ at 7 in the morning, and the other campaigns are fun if you like collecting mats without being disturbed.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thing there are so many other campaign options for competitive pvp on xbox :lol:. Seriously though, haderus is cool if you've never experienced extreme lag and long load screens, scourge is fun if you've never seen ball groups of 50+ at 7 in the morning, and the other campaigns are fun if you like collecting mats without being disturbed.
    That's not true sent to skull a week or two ago and its was some competition well not really because the kids their were just bad.We were wiping EMp group who were a organized guild group with just two of us.Me and my buddy @Ron_Burgundy_79 Knocked down the outer wall at Aleswell and fought the EMp and group for a half hour before they finally killed use.

I also heard Chillrend wasn't horrible but @Father_X_Zombie would know about That.

I miss old 14 day Chillrend and thornblade.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    That's not true sent to skull a week or two ago and its was some competition well not really because the kids their were just bad.We were wiping EMp group who were a organized guild group with just two of us.Me and my buddy @Ron_Burgundy_79 Knocked down the outer wall at Aleswell and fought the EMp and group for a half hour before they finally killed use.

I also heard Chillrend wasn't horrible but @Father_X_Zombie would know about That.

Chillrend has been terrible
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭

Haha that sounds awesome. I was in skull for a bit yesterday with two other reds and we were wiping a group of blues who kept coming out to fight us/siege us over and over :lol:. And to be fair, there were also some decentish duels going on by the bridge, but other than that the map was dead. Maybe I'm just not on at the right times. I remember when chillrend was always a good time with fights spread out and a decent amount of people online from all sides, no lag, amazing.

I just want a campaign that has like two bars pop on of each alliance and no petty emp passing/guild drama. Is it too much to ask for actual strategic fighting in pvp rather than ap farming?
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol you have to stay away from bleakers I can't even switch bars. I had some fun at black boot this morning but overall haddy is just so zergy. It's not even tactical zerging either, it's just moving in a straight line. I don't even know why DC and EP even keep running to bleakers it's not fun it's way too laggy to even fight. Plus the lag that battle at bleakers is causing is so bad you can feel it at the home gates. I'll try to do a light attack with my staff to check the lag and the animation takes 3 to 4 second to show
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want a campaign that has like two bars pop on of each alliance and no petty emp passing/guild drama. Is it too much to ask for actual strategic fighting in pvp rather than ap farming?

That's kind of why I like Planetside 2 so much. Every single player is on more or less equal terms and there are times where these guys from serious Outfits (basically Guilds) would come online and organize Platoons of players running real world military tactics.

But because ESO has things like Proc Sets and Emperor Passives players can get insane advantages over others making an entire night in Cyrodiil completely one sided. It's a rare moment when I come across a couple of lower CP players who don't have amazing resistances or armor and even my tickle attacks actually defeat them.

The only reason I've put my characters into Haderus and Scourge is because they're the only ones that actually maintain enough of a population, even into the late hours. That, and its the most common campaigns the rest of my Guild go into so we don't have to worry about trying to bus our group into the same Sewers.
  • Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭
    The issue with bleakers is that there is no good ground to siege it. Unlike all of the other keeps and outposts, bleakers is placed in an area where it is very difficult to siege it. As it is now:

The northern sided is faced with a cliff where siege can't be placed, or a single piece can be used on top of it. Though this takes a very long time to bring the wall down and the defenders can push out and stop the seige. As well as on the north side you can put down a few siege next to the inner postern wall, but you are then so close to the outpost that the defenders can easily counter you by hitting you from range or just counter attacking.

The eastern side will be a very excelent place to siege, however if it was not for the fact that is the rare of the outpost and you can't hit the walls. Or if you can, it will be with a very limited amount of siege and turns into the sitiuation of the cliff siege on the northern side.

The southern side fairs better then the north and east. However similar to them, there is a rolling hill with uneven ground making it impossible to set up siege at a safe distance away from the wall. The grounds you can set up on are very spread out making it difficult to defend the siege as well, not to mention in some locations where the view is blocked by some trees makes it harder for the siege user to be aware of enemy counter attacks. Also siege can be placed next to the wall itself like on the northern side, but this leads to the same problem.

The west side is the only location where you can set up mutliple siege. It has flat ground in a large area that makes it possible to get up a large amount of siege. The main problem is that this is the main door of the outpost. And the main door is the most deadly place to attack, even more so when the entire defending force is in a small confinde space such as an outpost. Attacking the front door will lead to a quick lost to the attackers as enemy fire will be to great for the attackers to commit to it.

So as it is. Bleakers outpost is the most well defend area, of the entire map. No other keep or outpost has the same natural defenses that Bleakers has, and because of this the outpost is nearly impossible to capture with a commited defending force. And it becomes even more impossible when it is very easy for the defenders to spawn at the outpost. I for one never really supported the idea of being able to spawn at outposts or fast travel from them. But if this game mechanic is to remain in the game. Then something is needing to be done to make Bleakers alot more manageable in the ability to being captured. Or at the very least, be able to effectivly siege.
    Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.
    Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact. Xbox One - NA
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sooo much this. You have two choices. Get zerged by 40. Or ride around the entirety of cyrodiil looking for fights in low population campaigns. There just Is no in-between.

Let's start a move to bring a healthy mix of players to chillrend, skeleton key, or thornblade...
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »

Sooo much this. You have two choices. Get zerged by 40. Or ride around the entirety of cyrodiil looking for fights in low population campaigns. There just Is no in-between.

Let's start a move to bring a healthy mix of players to chillrend, skeleton key, or thornblade...

No one would come though. From what I can see most people don't care about pvp only ap. It would be nice to have more options. But even then people would still just zerg the map down with one bar cause that's how everyone likes to play
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »

No one would come though. From what I can see most people don't care about pvp only ap. It would be nice to have more options. But even then people would still just zerg the map down with one bar cause that's how everyone likes to play
    Pretty much most the players who care for the campaign have left because of ZOS.What we have left is people just farming AP waiting for something to buy.We need something new that incentives playing the map and winning campaigns.I have no reason to go to any of the other campaign other than to farm the bads for AP and get someone emp.Its only one populated campaign throughout the day and that's Haderus.AD Zerg scrounge down every morning and hold like its their job from.9-5 you can't do anything in Scrounge without getting zerged down Take a resources 30 Ad come.Go to sewers get killed by groups of 40 AD.Go fishing group of 20 AD their to kill you.You can't do anything in that campaign until prime time.Which leaves just haddy or pve and I'll rather turn off the game then do either.
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭

Chillrend is really bad right now, it's just a bunch of emp farmers. Hopefully more players will come back to the game and make it have the competitive small scale it used to have. Skull is better from what I've seen
    Edited by Father_X_Zombie on December 5, 2016 5:32AM
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just avoid Bleakers when playing in Haderus and it's actually pretty fun
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a "no-cp" campaign, I wish they would make a "smaller" campaign. Make one of the campaigns, like Skull, pop-lock with half the numbers the current campaigns lock at. I think this would attract a lot of players hoping for a bit smaller fights. I'm sure there will still be zergs, but not on the level of primetime hady/scourge. Allows for a more in-between level of a campaign too because now we just have empty or zerg-fest.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much AD farm DC and EP zerg at Bleakers while DC does the same at sejenus.The outpost are new farming Towers but just better since you can res their.

You said it. When I'm playing solo, like last night, I pretty much have two choices. Roam the countryside hoping NOT to run into guys like you, Ron and Lee Palmer where best case ill unexpectedly ulti-bomb one of you before getting insta-glibbed, or just go right into the teeth of the AP farmers. At least there I can fill up a kill 20 in 5 minutes farming the farmers as they kill the randoms next to me. The later is infinitely more fun.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we don't cap Bleaker's then Red and Blue are just farming AD at the bridge/barn. Bleaker's isn't near the AP farm it used to be since spawning at Outposts is a thing. The moment it flips our entire faction spawns there. We know it's awful, but it's also awful watching the random yellow get farmed outside our keeps!

And yea, the lag is horrible.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Kyye
    Kyye
    ✭✭✭
    Dont worry you got every ep from haddy in bwb rn
    XBL GT: CWB Hempire
    Bright moons guide your steps.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox sounds the same as PS4.

- Scourge is a laggy zergfest with performance-crushing battles at only 1-2 places on the map at a time
    - Haderus is either capped by one faction, empty AND capped by one faction, or very rarely host to a bit of not-so-laggy fights versus large groups trying to push Emp quickly
    - All other campaigns are empty
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Xbox sounds the same as PS4.

- Scourge is a laggy zergfest with performance-crushing battles at only 1-2 places on the map at a time
    - Haderus is either capped by one faction, empty AND capped by one faction, or very rarely host to a bit of not-so-laggy fights versus large groups trying to push Emp quickly
    - All other campaigns are empty

Swap Scourge for Haddy in your example and you nailed it. Scourge is like trench warfare. You can go 17 days with no progress. Haddy generally rotates a bit (7 day campaign) but you'll find many a 60 man uncoordinated Zerg ball.

• Hulk_VI
    Hulk_VI
    ✭✭
    Scourge > Haderus
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went back into Haderus the other night and of course, the entire EP Faction were dug in on a pointless defense at Blue Road, even though it was cut off by the DC owning Arrius, and no one besides myself and two others bothered to try and siege it back. No one else came to help and when DC caught wind they moseyed on over and rekt.

I very quickly exited the Campaign to go back to the Festival dailies...
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hulk_VI wrote: »
    Scourge > Haderus
    Yea but both suck.Haddy suck because of the lag and Zergs and Scrouge suck because you can't take a resource without a 100 AD coming after you if its not prime time.Plus no matter what you do the night before AD well mainly glowglow zerg will have the map yellow by 9 am.

So both suck @Hulk_VI
    Edited by Jaronking on December 18, 2016 4:29PM
  • Hulk_VI
    Hulk_VI
    ✭✭
    Haderus is just to full of DC most of the time, compared to Scourge where blues are so heavily outnumbered.
    Edited by Hulk_VI on December 20, 2016 8:45PM
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Went back into Haderus the other night and of course, the entire EP Faction were dug in on a pointless defense at Blue Road, even though it was cut off by the DC owning Arrius, and no one besides myself and two others bothered to try and siege it back. No one else came to help and when DC caught wind they moseyed on over and rekt.

I very quickly exited the Campaign to go back to the Festival dailies...

Lol arrius aggro too strong. there was 50 blues stacked in there. I think EP just gave up trying to get it because it was way too laggy and just too many DC in there. it wasn't really fun fighting. That what sucks about haderus people get a keep and turtle their whole alliance in there. That just makes it so laggy
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scourge > Haderus
    Yea but both suck.Haddy suck because of the lag and Zergs and Scrouge suck because you can't take a resource without a 100 AD coming after you if its not prime time.Plus no matter what you do the night before AD well mainly glowglow zerg will have the map yellow by 9 am.

So both suck @Hulk_VI

Haddy is made for blue pugs who want to zerg surf, Scourge is made for purely farming AP, which is all I do so Scourge > Haderus

Lmao
    Oh man I love eso
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol most of us go to Haderus to get ap. We try to really battle in scourge.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had a lot of fun playing mostly solo in Haderus. Both campaigns have their good points and bad points. One of my favorite things in both is going to where the best players are farming AP and trying to farm them. Some days it works great, some days I get my arse handed to me. When I see any of the following people I know I'm up for an uphill battle that could get me Zerged but one of these guys is worth 50 randoms.

@Hulk_VI : Got my first Emp kill on you. I actually did a dance. You're a beast.

Golden Guns: I think he got banned but if you are out there, man do you hit hard.

Jar Jar: I've never killed Jar Jar. Dude is my white whale.

Glow Glow: Ruler of AD as far as I can tell. Totally worth getting Zerged for a shot at her.

Trvp Game: Gotcha 2 days ago. Your guys got me about 50 times yesterday. Still worth it. Free Jello, Tag Heuer and the rest are great opponents and make me a better player by playing against them. Those storms are quite mighty.

If it gets too bad, I'll go solo a resource. Luckily people are starting to listen to my wisdom a bit more in Zone chat so hopefully I'm doing my part for the greater good.
  • Lord_MK
    Lord_MK
    ✭✭✭
    Haderus is such a blue Zerg fest. On top of blue having pretty much all their organized ball group guilds in there it can get their pretty aids quick. Nowadays I pretty much purely solo though so luckily I'm not the one fighting these groups xD
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haderus is a crash fest. Been crashing every 20 mins on average.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost 3 full raids of DC night capping haderus. DC can't be having any fun when there's no competition on. I can't see what enjoyment they could be having. different strokes for different folks I guess