Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is there a way to show the looks of an item you want to craft on your character?

Tendrielle
Tendrielle
✭✭✭
When you browse the crown shop, you can always see how appearance items look on your character. My question: Is there also a way to show the looks of an item you want to craft on your character?
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.

You craft the item and put it on your character.

Or google it.

That's pretty much it right now. Sadly, ESO does not have a preview option for crafting or buying stuff from a guild trader or items just hanging around in your inventory.
    Edited by Glurin on December 3, 2016 9:34PM
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Google
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best bet right now is this site http://eso-styles.faerylands.eu/

I'm.sure they will intro a preview, but nothing planned
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Tendrielle
    Tendrielle
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they kinda focussed on styles as something to go for, I guess a preview option would still drastically enhance the desire for cool styles, or increase it even more. = Money for ZOS.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a little mini workaround. If you preview the style on the cashshow (in the weight you plan on crafting it), you can see what it will look like on your toon.

=D Everyone seems to think that eso fashion is better, but on console, sometimes it's not easy to work the internet or have a computer nearby.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're on PC NA, you can create a character template on PTS ... PTS template characters include almost all the motif styles and all the mats you would ever need.

For example, I wanted to see what Frostcaster Stalhrim looked like before it being available in the Crown Store (pictured below):

bDececf.png
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can craft the item at a lower level to test it. But be wary, some items look different at certain levels. That's the unfortunate part of it.

Alternatively, you can use youtube and look for the thing you want, example search "ESO minotaur style", and 9 times out of 10 you'll get a video showcasing all types of equipment in that style.
    OR use http://eso.mmo-fashion.com/ :)

These are the only options, I wish there was a preview in the game for crafted stuff, like in the crown store as you say.
    Edited by Glaiceana on December 3, 2016 11:10PM
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Tendrielle
    Tendrielle
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, @ZOS_GinaBruno, would this something to be implemented in the near future: a preview on your character for any craftable item? This way, all the styles existing would become even more interesting, and hey, you could earn more money with making them available. I am not a collector of every style but if I would realize how cool they actually look like, I could change my mind ;-)
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish . If someone could make a preview addon they would be king of addons .
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    esofashion.com gives previews by armor type and motif. If you need to see how items look and dye in person then ebon through ruby materials all have the same appearance. Just acquire the cheapest or easiest to get mats and craft a rough set. That way you can craft what you want with no error and minimal investment.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nordsavage wrote: »
    esofashion.com gives previews by armor type and motif. If you need to see how items look and dye in person then ebon through ruby materials all have the same appearance. Just acquire the cheapest or easiest to get mats and craft a rough set. That way you can craft what you want with no error and minimal investment.

That's what I do. The only issue is if I'm crafting in the somewhat rarer style materials.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."