Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Veteran trial tank build?

Milvan
Milvan
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone.

Do you guys know any DK tank build for veteran? A comrade is having a hardtime to set up a good dk tank, especially for veteran trials. I have seen woeler build but it looks like that is made for more experienced players. Deltia's build also looks great but the frenetic ultimate generator doesn't seem that useful in a trial where there is 4 people rotating horns.

Really looking forwards to hear multiple opinios. :smile: ty in advance.
“Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go with Ebon and something else. I like the Lord Warden monster, though many prefer Bloodspawn for Ulti gen. Knight Errants 5 piece gives you like Master S/B enchant. Akvari Dragonguard reduces ulti cost. It's pretty good. I've been putting together the eternal yokeda, since I have the gold jewelry....it's really not great IMO.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It actually depends on what your team already brings to the table.
    For example, if you go with two tanks instead of one:
    main tank: Alkosh + Tava + Bloodspawn
    off tank: Ebon + (any) + Lord Warden

If you go with only one tank, then I would suggest Ebon + Alkosh + Lord Warden
    Alkosh is an absolute must have in vet trials, if you don't have it, some stam DD in your group must.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »

Alkosh is an absolute must have in vet trials, if you don't have it, some stam DD in your group must.

It's more efficient to have the main tank run Ebon/alkosh/blood and the off tank runs alkosh/powerful assault/ blood or a flex helm like sentinel or lord warden
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's more efficient to have the main tank run Ebon/alkosh/blood and the off tank runs alkosh/powerful assault/ blood or a flex helm like sentinel or lord warden

If there are two tanks to begin with, I believe Alkosh and Ebon should be split between them, just as I said before.
    Second, I don't recommend the off tank to wear Medium Armor (Powerful Assault doesn't have weapons or jewelry). Instead that off tank could simply be a stam DD with Alkosh.

BTW, I forgot to mention: the Lord Warden on an off tank is only viable if he is using the Stalwart Guard on the main tank, otherwise it won't proc as often.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dubhliam @TotallyNotVos @kylewwefan

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Now, since he's still improving and learning, I'm wondering, whats the best gear to play on the confort zone (plenty resources)? Those utilities sets, like alkosh and sunderflame, that gives a lot of buffs and debuffs but they sacrifice some resources, don't they?
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If there are two tanks to begin with, I believe Alkosh and Ebon should be split between them, just as I said before.
    Second, I don't recommend the off tank to wear Medium Armor (Powerful Assault doesn't have weapons or jewelry). Instead that off tank could simply be a stam DD with Alkosh.

BTW, I forgot to mention: the Lord Warden on an off tank is only viable if he is using the Stalwart Guard on the main tank, otherwise it won't proc as often.

All of the top raid teams in the game right now are running a medium armor powerful assault off tank. Both tanks run alkosh to keep the uptime higher, if you have a stam dd also running it that should give you near 100% up time but stam dps is borderline non existent at the top levels of play. Obviously op isn't at that level but why build a character just to have to change to something more efficient later
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All of the top raid teams in the game right now are running a medium armor powerful assault off tank. Both tanks run alkosh to keep the uptime higher, if you have a stam dd also running it that should give you near 100% up time but stam dps is borderline non existent at the top levels of play. Obviously op isn't at that level but why build a character just to have to change to something more efficient later

This is not an accurate statement. Not all top raid teams are using a Powerful Assault off-tank. There are many who are using Ebon/Alkosh off-tanks, along with a handful of other combinations that cater specifically to that group's composition.

It's important to keep in mind that there is more than one way to beat endgame content (different group makeup, different combinations of sets/buffs, different strategies for mechanics), and while most tend to agree that there is a best way to go about it, there is not only one way to complete content. Also, stam dps is very much present at the "top levels" of play. Some groups more heavily favor magicka dps (ranged dps specifically), but only some groups have zero stam dps.

Please be cautious of spreading misinformation and overgeneralizing. It can be detrimental even if your intent is to be helpful.
    Edited by Autolycus on December 5, 2016 10:05PM