The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Crates... wanted to post my thoughts on it. Warning 「Positive post」

• Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    brief of all pages:
    crown crates are so bad in ESO that people have to talk about RNG crates of other games to convince themselves that they're actually OK
    PC EU

• Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well my other topic has been closed so posting this here as I find that the crown crates are actually not that bad for what you get for the money you put in.

After 135 to 150 crates (cant remember the exact amount) I got all items which are available. I did not had that good luck with the storm mounts, up to 120ish crate I only got one and on the last few I got the bear twice. But anyway thinking about what I spend (lets assume 150 crates), its about 350 EURO / 50000 crowns. If I take all the items I gained and look at some of the previous prices for mounts (some where 5000 crown if im not mistaken).

For the 50000 crowns I spend I got 11 mounts, some new pets believe it where about 10 which I did not have, new cosmetic stuff etc. To me that sound not that bad actually. Sure its RNG but atleast you can get stuff from the gems. Which other games not provide (AOC / SWTOR).

Maybe this needs some tweaking perhaps the ability to sell up to legendary rewards on the guild stores or something (SWTOR). Or a slight increase in gems for duplicates.

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All I have to say about the whole "Crown Crates = Gambling" is, I've seen worse. At least we can convert what we don't want, and we can use the converted currency to get what we do want. I've seen Premium RNG Boxes as I like to call them that the devs themselves posted the chances in the forums for. According to the numbers those devs had posted, the chances of getting worthwhile stuff was <1%, with no conversion mechanic like we have here.

So yes, I don't find them bad at all really.

My two cents.

We can't convert "what we don't want". We can convert *some* of the items. If you get a costume you don't want or frills for the argonian you don't have or the tattoo for the khajiit you don't have, you're stuck with them. You can only trade in the consumables. Improvement over the pts version, but still not allowing you to convert what you don't want.

• Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    I do want to add one thing that I forgot, ZOS should remove certain things like racial/gender styles that you do not meet the requirements for. Example would be the Argonian style well none of my characters are a lizard and I only play a Redguard and a Brenton so I should receive anything that is related to that style; other than that I believe it's fine.

We're looking into removing race-specific items in future Crown Crate seasons.

Can we then trade in those worthless argonian things I've got? I will never make one.

I do have one Argonian character but it is an old crafter that I will never actively play. With that said, even though I have an argonian character I still would love to trade in all the race related stuff for stuff that I can use on all my characters.
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone creates a positive post about Gambling crates, and it gets an almost instant dev response. Meanwhile, serious issues that the community would like answered go ignored except to receive warnings about language etc. .

Gotta love it...
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the crates are alright. It's not for everyone and it's gonna make some people upset since there seems to be exclusive stuff attached to them and I don't think anyone is optimistic about the RNG in this game, but it's a fair proposition.

I say seems to be exclusive in my above statement because who knows? Maybe they will end up in the crown store.

All that being said, after opening just 19 crates with all the gems I refined, I got the Atronach Senche, Dark manned Senche,Red pit wolf mount, purple daggerback pet, Orchid nix flying fairy thing, the penguin/ dodo pet, a couple of hats and the Aubric eye.

@!!
    Edited by Aquanova on December 3, 2016 2:16AM
    NA/PC
  • snakester320
    snakester320
    ✭✭✭✭
    nexxus_ESO wrote: »
    I do want to add one thing that I forgot, ZOS should remove certain things like racial/gender styles that you do not meet the requirements for. Example would be the Argonian style well none of my characters are a lizard and I only play a Redguard and a Brenton so I should receive anything that is related to that style; other than that I believe it's fine.

I agree with this. I think the crates could be less controversial if they made a few changes.

1] Publish the odds. (I might not like the odds, but I cannot fault ZOS for them if they are honest and up-front about them)
    2] There shouldn't be any race or gender locked items, or race and gender locked items should be able to convert for gems, or swap for something in the same, or lower tier.
    3] All items should be convertible to gems. (Because tastes differ, and just because someone at ZOS thinks an Apex item is desirable and highly sought after, doesn't mean everyone will agree.)

Would this change the fact that the crates are designed to bring in the maximum amount of money, no. Does this mean you don't end up paying more for an item you want, not entirely. But it does improve your chances of at least being able to get something you're happy to have, and always something you are at least able to use.
    Get it out of your head right now the idea of publishing the odds there stupid enough to bring these gambling boxes out you really think there going to tell you the odds lmfao they want to scam money out of there player base not make money legitimate by offering the item direct to the customer .. if they told you the odds they would not make a cent except for the few mindless ppl that have blown Ridiculous amounts to get a few silly little digital items with the same value as the current mounts in the crown store at the moment!!! This system is nothing more than a disgusting cash grab off players and it's going to burn them because they cannot sustain revenue with this system making it no good for continued content (and I mean decent content)
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Positive post about crown crates!?!?

TRIGGERED!!!!!

Needs moar indignation!!! Does not compute?!?! This post is POTATO!!

Now I must go sit in a corner and pet my safe place animal. Thanks for nothing OP!
  • HarbingerOf
    HarbingerOf
    Soul Shriven
    Truth is, a company has to make profit. Eso is a FTP, and it's not a P2W.
    It's normal that they try to make money with something. Notice that in a lot of case there are reskinned mounts and stuffs.

It's ok, and I am ok with this. There is enough stuff to be satisfied, prices are not high.
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as it's just cosmetic stuff, I really don't care. If people want to throw their money away on in-game lottery tickets to win some silly mount, that's fine.

I do think they should publish the odds, though (like the lottery is required to).

• Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »
    As long as it's just cosmetic stuff, I really don't care. If people want to throw their money away on in-game lottery tickets to win some silly mount, that's fine.

I do think they should publish the odds, though (like the lottery is required to).

It sucks for the people who want to throw money at cosmetic items but want to do it in an equitable way, like what we've had so far with the proper Crown Store. People who care about how they look are generally the last people to go throwing money at randomly distributed consumables.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Slylok
    Slylok
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of making another thread I will leave my feedback here.

I am ok with the crates as I feel they will help keep enough people employed to continue to bring good content to the players. I opened 22 and did not receive any of the more rare items but I am still indifferent. Probably the best use of item crates I have seen in a game recently.

Now what I would like to see change or added.

1. Add Crown Gems in bulk in the Crates.
    And/Or
    2. Add ways to get Crown Gems by playing the game.
    And/Or
    3. Increase the conversion rate of items or lower the amount of gems needed for items.
    Youtube ESO First Person Gameplay - http://tinyurl.com/o6evusk

Twitter - SlylokYoutube

Google+ - Slylok