Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How do we get Crown gems?

• Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    People in-game are saying the item-to-gem conversion rate is pretty garbage. Can't say I'm surprised, though.

What is the ratio? Anybody knows? Especially regarding consumables.

Had to ask a few people, but they're saying whole packs of things like poisons, potions, etc. only net 1 gem, so like 25x poisons would be 1 gem.

Incorrect there Syrup. I've traded in 25 poisons and received 25 gems. It's 1 gem per 1 item for consumables though some give 2 gems per 1 item, I think that might be the tri pots and tri foods.

I don't think this is correct at all. Can anyone confirm? I don't think you get a gem per poison on a 1:1 ratio, do you?
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People in-game are saying the item-to-gem conversion rate is pretty garbage. Can't say I'm surprised, though.

Had to ask a few people, but they're saying whole packs of things like poisons, potions, etc. only net 1 gem, so like 25x poisons would be 1 gem.

Incorrect there Syrup. I've traded in 25 poisons and received 25 gems. It's 1 gem per 1 item for consumables though some give 2 gems per 1 item, I think that might be the tri pots and tri foods.

I don't think this is correct at all. Can anyone confirm? I don't think you get a gem per poison on a 1:1 ratio, do you?

Sacrificed 400 Crowns to check and I am indeed wrong.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Before I uninstalled the game I had 600 crowns. I bought one. 3 gems worth of consumables and a circlet that is likely horribly effected by hair color. Yeah...
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The conversion ratio is ONE gem to ONE card. So, if one card gives you 5 potions, you will only get ONE gem for those 5 potions.
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crown Gems are received in the event you receive a mount, pet, costume or personality that you already own when opening a Crown Crate. You will also have the option to convert several items obtained from Crown Crates to Crown Gems any time you want including potions, poisons, riding lessons, experience scrolls, and other utility-type items. Any Crown Gems you earn can then be used to purchase the collectible items of your choosing from the current Crown Crate season.

Exactly WHEN do we have the option to convert an item to Crown Gems, and exactly HOW do we convert them?

Although my characters have several items from a couple of Crown Crates which I don't expect to use, there is no option on the RMB menu displayed for each of these items to convert an item to anything else.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Domborghini
    Domborghini
    Soul Shriven
    Ok I got a Daedric Scump and Roostertail Frills hair style which my character cannot use and I don't want so can I convert that to gems and how do I ?
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok I got a Daedric Scump and Roostertail Frills hair style which my character cannot use and I don't want so can I convert that to gems and how do I ?

Can't. If you didn't already own the item you're forced to keep it. Only duplicates and consumables can be converted.
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown Gems are received in the event you receive a mount, pet, costume or personality that you already own when opening a Crown Crate. You will also have the option to convert several items obtained from Crown Crates to Crown Gems any time you want including potions, poisons, riding lessons, experience scrolls, and other utility-type items. Any Crown Gems you earn can then be used to purchase the collectible items of your choosing from the current Crown Crate season.

Did it ever get answered whether you can use this season's crown gems for next season's crown crate rewards?
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They prey upon non-gamers. I prefered LOTRO approach. You can either buy it outright or earn it through a quest or achievement.

A lot of new gamers play ESO & MMOs in general. The appeal of adventure & character customization is very strong. I myself, gaming since I was a wee lad, only buy content. The industry has been in shambles for awhile. Give me expansion packs and DLC over cosmetic bs any day of the week. I also enjoy cosmetics, Hero of Wrothgar here! The difference is I was more willing to 100% new content instead of pay money for a chance to get it.

Content over cosmetics. No point in pimpin' out yo ride if all it does is sit in the garage ;)
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, how do I turn these worthless potions to gems?
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭

Can the gems carry forward to the next Crown Crate season?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I liked from the crown crate items is some of the new costumes, they are only 15 gems so I might buy it.
    Robes would be nice to cover ugly armor. while looking more business like than the civilian costumes.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaRuZ wrote: »
    They prey upon non-gamers. I prefered LOTRO approach. You can either buy it outright or earn it through a quest or achievement.

A lot of new gamers play ESO & MMOs in general. The appeal of adventure & character customization is very strong. I myself, gaming since I was a wee lad, only buy content. The industry has been in shambles for awhile. Give me expansion packs and DLC over cosmetic bs any day of the week. I also enjoy cosmetics, Hero of Wrothgar here! The difference is I was more willing to 100% new content instead of pay money for a chance to get it.

Content over cosmetics. No point in pimpin' out yo ride if all it does is sit in the garage ;)
    Agree here, I have no issue with 10K crowns for an mansion, its pretty much the definition of an luxury item. either you have too much gold, money or you are an eso+ player who is unimpressed by the shop.

However paying 1000 crowns for an costume or mount is one thing, having to gamble for it is another.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • JHarker
    JHarker
    Soul Shriven

Noob question, sorry: Can you please tell me, because I have look all over the place, what you can do with Crown Gems?
    May you live all the days of your life.
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    Do items that appear for gems ever become available for crowns? I really want that New Moon Wolf mount but it will be gone in 4 days!
    Magic does not die. It merely sleeps until called forth into the world again.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • Kosef
    Kosef
    ✭✭✭✭
    Negative ghostwriter....

They want you to buy a ridiculous amount of crown crates to get a even more ridiculously small percentage of obtaining a crown mount. The gems are there for you to think well at least I got something..and if I buy more crown crates that ultimately waste my money..I might be able to eventually one day afford these 400 crown mounts. Never mind that you only get maybe 1-5 gems of a crown crate.
    Edited by Kosef on August 20, 2020 5:43PM
    Server: PC-NA

Vincent Jurard - Breton - DK
    Aronil Elsinwatch - Altmer - Templar
    Ulfgar Stormbringer - Nord - Sorc
    Ra'Jhera Mahrabi - Khajiit - NB
    Kur Zahir - Imperial - Necro
    Khur - Redguard - Warden
    Lives-By-Sword - Argonian - DK
    Sara Willowthorn - Bosmer - Templar
    Elsa Bjariksen - Nord - NB
    Soliril Elsinthar - Altmer - Sorc
    Khargol Ogdum - Orc - Warden
    Veros Sarvani - Dunmer - Necro
    Vedran The Toxic - Dunmer - DK
    Hafnar Ironbark - Nord Warden
    Low - Level: Arcturus The Loyal - Templar
    Guild:
    [Ninja Squirrels]
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do items that appear for gems ever become available for crowns? I really want that New Moon Wolf mount but it will be gone in 4 days!

No. There have been a few items that once sold for crowns but are now stuck in the crates. None of the legendary mounts have ever been offered for crowns and once an item goes to the crates, we have not seen it offered for crowns again.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty straight forward... once you get 100,000 poisons you can get the fourth mount of your choice, since you can't even buy the best mounts with gems. Its a shame they don't add the gems to crafting nodes, then there might actually be some use for the unfathomable amount of bots in the game.
    Edited by Blacknight841 on August 20, 2020 5:03PM