Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Limited Time Mounts

Dharmabum
Dharmabum
Do they make periodic come backs? Is there a precedent? Now that I'm all decked out in Dro-m'Athra armor, I'm ready to lay some crowns down for the Dro-m'Athra Senche!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree with you on this, because i missed the chance to get a Kagouti Mount. i want it. or atleast a chance to get it some how. how can i now get one with the crates maybe ?
    what do i have to do to get the Kagouti Mount i want ?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dharmabum wrote: »
    Do they make periodic come backs? Is there a precedent? Now that I'm all decked out in Dro-m'Athra armor, I'm ready to lay some crowns down for the Dro-m'Athra Senche!

Before Crown Crates, we figured they would come back. Now, they will use Crown Crates, so no, they are gone forever. At least to me.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to say. Occasionally limited time items have come back but others were released once and, at least so far, never made available again.

Some might be available in the crown crates, but as Lordrichter said that's effectively the same as them not coming back because the drop rates on anything good were so absurdly low (at least on the PTS, and I doubt it's changed) that trying to get any specific item was impractical unless you have a lot of money to waste.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Dharmabum
    Dharmabum
    Yeah, not crazy about the crates. An in-game lottery with real money? No thanks. Just let me buy what I want to buy. It's a win-win proposition.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And don't forget, the Crates don't even theoretically contain all previous items, just a subset of them.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, not crazy about the crates. An in-game lottery with real money? No thanks. Just let me buy what I want to buy. It's a win-win proposition.

I'd also much prefer this. But yours is a win-lose proposition with the devs losing out. Limited time offers drive up sales. Many will buy who otherwise wouldn't because it's buy now or never have it.
  • Dharmabum
    Dharmabum
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    I'd also much prefer this. But yours is a win-lose proposition with the devs losing out. Limited time offers drive up sales. Many will buy who otherwise wouldn't because it's buy now or never have it.

It's win-win because I get the mount I want and the devs get my money. On the other hand, I realize that "now or never" deals might be an effective selling point for a small number of collectors who happen to be active during a weekend flash sale but I would have to believe that re-offering limited time deals on a periodic basis would be a more effective sales strategy.
  • Rinira
    Rinira
    ✭✭
    I know in the past I have bought some of the horses when they were back in the shop. I was thrilled to go rush out and get some crowns just to throw them at the mounts. But as it has been brought up the new crown crates probably promise that any limited retired items will go there and thus odds are hardly in favor of you pulling what you wanted from the box.. Let alone the current exchange rates you'd have to spend way more than the item you are seeking is worth if you wanted to trade for it (if rng was not in your favor and you didn't get it).

Now if they put retired items in the shop outside of the crates I would be impressed to say the least.
    Tangled-in-Strings - PC/NA @Rosekitten | "What would you attempt if you could not fail?" | Love for all Factions but Ebonheart Pact is my home.
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    At least give us the limited time items for a little longer than 3-5 days. For players who need to purchase crowns with real money to purchase store items, sometimes they need to plan ahead for their frivolous spending budget. Having special items up for at least 14 days (average wage is paid fortnightly) will allow the average person to make a purchase in time. And a lot of players don't get a chance to log in within such a short time-frame. Not everyone can play every day or even every week.
    Edited by Scarlett_Princess on December 9, 2016 8:40PM
    FACT: Haters don't really hate you. In fact, they hate themselves, because you're a reflection of what they wish to be.

~ Scarlett Princess | Aldmeri Dominion | Orc | Stamina Sorcerer ~

Aussie Player | PC | NA Server
  • CheverTheShrimp
    At least give us the limited time items for a little longer than 3-5 days. For players who need to purchase crowns with real money to purchase store items, sometimes they need to plan ahead for their frivolous spending budget. Having special items up for at least 14 days (average wage is paid fortnightly) will allow the average person to make a purchase in time. And a lot of players don't get a chance to log in within such a short time-frame. Not everyone can play every day or even every week.

I whole heartedly agree with this, please make the limited time store items at least a fortnight!! I get payed fortnightly basis and have a loan to repay, so I can't just go digging into that money. I have a tight budget for spending but if the limited time only items are at least 14 days and not bloody 4 (c'mon companies give GAMES out for FREE longer than that) you would be garranteed to see a double in sales from me.

I guess I will have to say goodbye to the ice wolf pup because I ain't getting payed any time soon within the next 2 days. I was going to spend another 40 dollars if the pup was around longer but... oh well.
    Edited by CheverTheShrimp on December 10, 2016 12:42AM
    ~ Vvaelud | Dark Elf | Scorcerer | EP | Vampire | Lv 50 ~
    ~ Z'ahzun-Fa the Tiny | Khajiit | Dragonknight | DC | Werewolf | Lv 22~
    ~ Fryyn the Red | Wood Elf | Nightblade | AD | Werewolf | Lv 13~
    ~ Sir Chever the Mad | Dark Elf | Nightblade | EP | Vampire | Lv 17 ~
    ~ Ilvana Tesaani | Dark Elf | Templar | EP| Werewolf| Lv 12 ~
    CP - 144

Priests of Hircine
    PC EU Free werewolf bite guild
    Get your free bite today
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread

Aussie Player
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk I'm still waiting for black stench to come back
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Miss_Tiffany @CheverTheShrimp

The Crown Showcase for November was announced 11/30. For this weeks items ZOS gave 8 days notice to everyone before release .....

ZOS announces at the beginning of every month all the items available for the month and the date/duration they will be available .....

Limited items are usually available every month. Since this is known and announced at the beginning of every month, where is the issue? The issue is not with ZOS, appears the issue is the lack of researching the information available to everyone .....

The purpose of a budget is to plan your monthly expenses. You should be including ESO limited items in your budget if it is something you want every month. Not something you have only 4 days to figure out. If you do this, you can stop complaining to ZOS. If your budget is that tight, you may need to rethink your expenditures .....
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is it unusual that every job I've ever had has been paid monthly? I don't think I know anyone who gets paid fortnightly.

Like Balibe said the crown store showcase can help with budgeting. Annoyingly it doesn't tell you the prices, but it's usually possible to guess an approximate price based on similar items that have been released previously. Or you can work out the maximum you'd be willing to pay for a specific item and budget for that.

Of course that doesn't mean you'll always be able to afford them. I'd like to get the elk mount that's coming out later this month, but between Christmas gifts, travel for Christmas, Guns N' Roses tickets and a broken graphics card (all of which are higher priority for me) it's going to have to be relatively cheap.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »

For this weeks items ZOS gave 8 days notice to everyone before release .....

ZOS announces at the beginning of every month all the items available for the month and the date/duration they will be available .....

Limited items are usually available every month. Since this is known and announced at the beginning of every month, where is the issue? The issue is not with ZOS, appears the issue is the lack of researching the information available to everyone .....

The purpose of a budget is to plan your monthly expenses. You should be including ESO limited items in your budget if it is something you want every month. Not something you have only 4 days to figure out. If you do this, you can stop complaining to ZOS. If your budget is that tight, you may need to rethink your expenditures .....

You're now getting the few elitist/hardcore gamers mixed up with casual gamers (casual gamers being the majority of the player base). If ZOS wanted players to 'research' everything about the game on at least a weekly basis, they would advise players to do this at sign up, along with providing links to all the various websites that advertise this information.

The simple fact is, new players have no idea where to find this information, and I'm going to hazard a guess that the majority of long-time players don't know either. Even these forums are utilised by only approx 10% of the player base. If the information is important, it should be provided in-game. As it is, ZOS thought the information important enough to provide it to me via email, however the email was sent to me two days after the mount and pet was released in the store, so I got the in-game notification when I logged in anyway :D It would have been nice to have that email two weeks in advance at least.

From a business perspective, it makes sense to provide this information (either the pre-release information, or the location of the information) in a much clearer and up to date way, which I actually suggested to ZOS when I realised I only had a few days to purchase the items.

Telling people what they should and shouldn't do is not your call, but having other players give suggestions on what would suit the average player is definitely something a business welcomes, because they know that there is ALWAYS room for improvement.
    Edited by Scarlett_Princess on December 11, 2016 1:35AM
    FACT: Haters don't really hate you. In fact, they hate themselves, because you're a reflection of what they wish to be.

• CheverTheShrimp
    Balibe wrote: »

For this weeks items ZOS gave 8 days notice to everyone before release .....

You're now getting the few elitist/hardcore gamers mixed up with casual gamers (casual gamers being the majority of the player base). If ZOS wanted players to 'research' everything about the game on at least a weekly basis, they would advise players to do this at sign up, along with providing links to all the various websites that advertise this information.

The simple fact is, new players have no idea where to find this information, and I'm going to hazard a guess that the majority of long-time players don't know either. Even these forums are utilised by only approx 10% of the player base. If the information is important, it should be provided in-game. As it is, ZOS thought the information important enough to provide it to me via email, however the email was sent to me two days after the mount and pet was released in the store, so I got the in-game notification when I logged in anyway :D It would have been nice to have that email two weeks in advance at least.

From a business perspective, it makes sense to provide this information (either the pre-release information, or the location of the information) in a much clearer and up to date way, which I actually suggested to ZOS when I realised I only had a few days to purchase the items.

Telling people what they should and shouldn't do is not your call, but having other players give suggestions on what would suit the average player is definitely something a business welcomes, because they know that there is ALWAYS room for improvement.

Well said. I'm a long term player who actually only just got on the forums, and only JUST found out about the crown store showcase last week. Hell, I had no idea there was going to be housing in the game until I saw a few guild mates talking about it. Most of the time, the only way I find out when something is in the store is when I get an in game notice.

Another issue is some people have very erratic pays and might not be able to budget future expensive and like someone else mentioned above about monthly pays.

CP - 144

Priests of Hircine
    Get your free bite today

Aussie Player
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭

Another issue is some people have very erratic pays and might not be able to budget future expensive and like someone else mentioned above about monthly pays.

Yes don't listen to what people tell you regarding budgeting. Casual gaming is no different to watching netflix or playing a sport, people totally expect the cost of the monthly sub, but have to plan ahead for the annual expensive membership/expansion release (which they are notified about months in advance). They do not budget for these limited time things. It is not like purchasing a pet and budgeting for future vet bills, which are a responsibility! These little extras on the side are a luxury, and are wonderful, but a lot of people would love more notice in order to finance them.

FYI, in Australia (could assume a similar statistic in most western countries) 89% of the population have 'spent' their fortnightly income before they've even received it (mortgage, bills, groceries, etc). The few on here who have enough savings to spend on an in-game item really are fortunate, and should not take it for granted how lucky they are to have what they have.

And yes, those poor souls on monthly wages, I feel for you!
    Edited by Scarlett_Princess on December 11, 2016 3:11AM

• CheverTheShrimp

Yes don't listen to what people tell you regarding budgeting. Casual gaming is no different to watching netflix or playing a sport, people totally expect the cost of the monthly sub, but have to plan ahead for the annual expensive membership/expansion release (which they are notified about months in advance). They do not budget for these limited time things. It is not like purchasing a pet and budgeting for future vet bills, which are a responsibility! These little extras on the side are a luxury, and are wonderful, but a lot of people would love more notice in order to finance them.

FYI, in Australia (could assume a similar statistic in most western countries) 89% of the population have 'spent' their fortnightly income before they've even received it (mortgage, bills, groceries, etc). The few on here who have enough savings to spend on an in-game item really are fortunate, and should not take it for granted how lucky they are to have what they have.

And yes, those poor souls on monthly wages, I feel for you!

Ah yes, that is a common thing with me, thanks to bills and medical loans, I usually budget as much as I can, paying all my bills and rent first and usually have to plan out how my money will last for the fortnight (because you really don't get much money at all on Centrelink) before I think about luxuries. Most of the time I allow myself to get a little something from the crown store if I happen to have a spare bit of money left over from my budgeting. It's pretty much a rinse and repeat situation.

At least Australians don't have to pay the even more expensive American prices for crowns anymore after updates.
    CP - 144

Priests of Hircine
    Get your free bite today

Aussie Player
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple solution is to just buy the limited time items at the time they are offered. No future regret. I've done that since they started offering limited time offerings. Not that I'm a special snowflake, I just have seen this stuff happen in RL and had a little foresight.

Granted some of you weren't around when the item appeared. You can always get them in the Crown Crates...at some point in time. But I do recommend that you get the items when they are offered, even if you don't think you'll use right away...things change. It's not that expensive if you stock up on crowns during sales. Just budget and save...buy the crowns on sale. No special magic there. Save $10 a week...don't buy that Latte or whatever a few times a week. It's worked well for me.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just so everyone knows about this.

If you submit a ticket to support and ask for an item being mount or whatever which is no longer currently offered as long as you have the crowns equating to that amount they do the transaction for you.

So anything that was exclusive and no longer within the crown store can be obtained by submitting a ticket.

I myself and fellow guildies have gone down this path and recently so I can tell you they are happy to do this.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »

If you submit a ticket to support and ask for an item being mount or whatever which is no longer currently offered as long as you have the crowns equating to that amount they do the transaction for you.

So anything that was exclusive and no longer within the crown store can be obtained by submitting a ticket.

I myself and fellow guildies have gone down this path and recently so I can tell you they are happy to do this.

Luke

Now this^^^ is new and interesting information. I didn't get the Wolf pup with my Ice Wolf, but have some regrets since, having seen how cute it is in game. May have to give this a try. THANKS!!!
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Luke

Now this^^^ is new and interesting information. I didn't get the Wolf pup with my Ice Wolf, but have some regrets since, having seen how cute it is in game. May have to give this a try. THANKS!!!

You're very welcome sir :smile:
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Giving this a try for a horse I missed.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some mounts that were out for a short time that I wouldn't mind getting another chance at. The black panther mount comes to mind.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are some mounts that were out for a short time that I wouldn't mind getting another chance at. The black panther mount comes to mind.

This is exactly what I requested and got a few weeks ago haha :smile:
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• Dharmabum
    Dharmabum
    I asked customer support if I could purchase the Dro-m'Athra Senche but after several days, a concierge consultant said no. Did anyone else try to do the same and get a different result?!
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭

I asked customer support if I could purchase the Dro-m'Athra Senche but after several days, a concierge consultant said no. Did anyone else try to do the same and get a different result?!

I hope that doesn't happen to me. I stopped playing for a full 12 months due to real life taking up all of my free time, and I'm about to log a ticket to try and obtain all the things I missed out on.

It would be VERY unfair if some people can obtain them via this process and others can't!

Consistency is the true foundation of trust.

Edited by Scarlett_Princess on December 26, 2016 9:39PM

• CeaseSphire
    CeaseSphire
    ✭✭✭

Agreed! Is there a problem if they have a huge selection in the crown store for long periods of time? I mean, would it make the game so unplayable? Do they get some sick twisted laugh out of not letting us know ahead of time what the price of something will be and how long it will be made available so we can budget accordingly? It feels like it and I'm tired of these gimmicks. I'd be more than happy to buy this or that item in time when I can. I love collecting a number of things for my toons to use but I'm NOT going to shell out an additional $25.00 for overdraft fee to buy more crowns due to something suddenly popping up in the store, it's only available for 7-14 days, I've just paid my bills and I don't get paid again for another two weeks.

Limited time only items are only shooting themselves in the foot here as some of us need to pass on the item we would have bought if we had been given more time. Give us more time to budget else if your goal is to limit everyone's collections and reduce crown sales is working great!

Also, I'm frankly tired of the crate store and my collection full of stuff I DON'T want! Did I want that Pink Netch? No. Am I every going to use it? No, else I could have bought the normal colored one a year or so ago. But now I'm stuck with it and other stuff now, cluttering in my collection and I have no option to trade them in for gems to get something I really want. Plus the gems you get if you pull a duplicate item is a joke. Not even half of what you have to pay in gems to get the item. Greedy!
    Edited by CeaseSphire on December 26, 2016 11:15PM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's win-win because I get the mount I want and the devs get my money.

Your money doesn't matter. What matters is how much money they get from everyone.

Unfortunately - and I say that because I also don't like them - limited time sales work. That's a fact. Because of them, many who otherwise wouldn't make the purchase, do. That's the selling power of anxiety. While it's true this means no-one can buy the item later, the net effect is usually more sales.

In the case of ESO it looks like they're also using previous limited time mounts as casino fodder.

Personally I much prefer GW2's model. They also have limited time sales, but all (I think) such items periodically make a re-appearance.
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, I'm frankly tired of the crate store and my collection full of stuff I DON'T want! Did I want that Pink Netch? No. Am I every going to use it? No, else I could have bought the normal colored one a year or so ago. But now I'm stuck with it and other stuff now, cluttering in my collection and I have no option to trade them in for gems to get something I really want. Plus the gems you get if you pull a duplicate item is a joke. Not even half of what you have to pay in gems to get the item. Greedy!

I'd even settle for getting nothing for the stuff, just the ability to DELETE it...

Really bothers me having stuff I hate in my collections...
    ->--Willow--<-
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only place youre going to see them now is in crown crates.

So in the future if there is a mount in the store that you want, buy it or spend 3x as much and pray to the RNGesus
    Beta tester November 2013