Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maelstrom drop rate

Brantleyx
Brantleyx
✭✭
This is a rant but also a serious problem i'm experiencing. I've ran maelstrom arena since august, four times per week for weekly (so thats four characters on the leader-boards every week. Four drops plus another four from the rewards) and have yet to receive anything sharpened outside of twelve *** bows and restoration staffs. Its literally getting to me, The entire double drop - two week event I got double restoration staffs, double sword and board, double bows and decisive mauls the entire two weeks. I might even upload the screen shots I took. This is a rant and a salty confession from me but it's honestly getting next to me.. I'm constantly seeing horrible players; Literally HORRIBLE! Link sharpened inferno staffs, sharpened greatswords, double sharpened axe and dagger off of one run. Or before and after the event, "My first couple runs of vma I got a sharpened x, y and z). Its ridiculously.. I'm not looking for a hand out (which I know isn't even an option anyway..) I just need some guidance. Am I doing something wrong? But, I think I may have figured out why my rng for weapons is . Its in the score, I'm going to see if getting anything below 450k would help with rng cause its has to be something. I'm usually placing top 20 in all characters for the past four months and the rewards are just pathetic. Like seriously, I'm on the brink of just not playing anymore. I'm getting held back from doing pve hard mode trials cause trashier players of course have better weapons than me. I don't know.. Someone please try to make sense out of all this. I wouldn't make this big, pity-party post if it wasn't actually happening. Im fed up.
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    RNG GODS MUST BE PRAISED MORE!
    PS4 Eu Server
    • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
    • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
    • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16
  • Brantleyx
    Brantleyx
    ✭✭
    RNG GODS MUST BE PRAISED MORE!

Something has to be done lol.. Its so bad. :/
  • ValkynSketha
    ValkynSketha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well my luck is getting better, i got maul(sharpened) & sheild(nirnhoned), sword(sharpened) & sheild(nirnhoned) in my last 2runs. :')
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you done 300+ run and still not 1 stam weapon in sharpened you get upset
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got all my sharpen weapons from sub 100 runs lol... must hurt a little I suppose.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would not be the first nor would you be the last to quit this otherwise brilliant game because of the absolutely horrible loot system in VMA. I have been clearing this place for almost a year now and still dont have a sharp bow or Inferno. VMA has destroyed several raid guilds that I know of and I am sure others that I dont. Keep ranting, but ZOS will never comment on these threads in a meaningful way.
    Lukums1 wrote: »
    Got all my sharpen weapons from sub 100 runs lol... must hurt a little I suppose.

And that's the problem. RNG works just fine for most people over the long haul, but some of us will always be screwed. Also, just read your sig. RNG might have been kind to you in VMA, but I am gonna LMAO when you are on here complaining next month about crown crates. I can't understand why anyone is excited for these.

VMA RNG is the worst thing about ESO until tomorrow. Then it will take second place to Crown Crates. Worst Idea Ever!!!
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weekly rewards should come in most desired traits. Some scrub(no offence) could do it in 10 hours and get a sharp destro, while you, me, and others constantly get *** from weekly rewards. Some dude in my guild got 2 sharp inferno's in 1 day, from 4 runs during the double drop event, i almost cried -_-

I just need a *** sharp inferno please and im through with it.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    You would not be the first nor would you be the last to quit this otherwise brilliant game because of the absolutely horrible loot system in VMA. I have been clearing this place for almost a year now and still dont have a sharp bow or Inferno. VMA has destroyed several raid guilds that I know of and I am sure others that I dont. Keep ranting, but ZOS will never comment on these threads in a meaningful way.
    Lukums1 wrote: »

And that's the problem. RNG works just fine for most people over the long haul, but some of us will always be screwed. Also, just read your sig. RNG might have been kind to you in VMA, but I am gonna LMAO when you are on here complaining next month about crown crates. I can't understand why anyone is excited for these.

VMA RNG is the worst thing about ESO until tomorrow. Then it will take second place to Crown Crates. Worst Idea Ever!!!

Yeah got lucky for sure.

To be fair, I've stacked crowns for agessss and bought some from the sale.

I really love the new mounts I think they are the bee's knees the only way to get them is crown crates.
    Where I don't agree that crown crates should lock things behind walls, this is my only avenue unfortunately.

I've seen crown crates from other games essentially turn the games into absoulte trash with having the weapons best armour locked behind a p2w wall.

So we shall see what is going to happen, however I feel we are getting off track from the post about VMA.

As mentioned before I'm with a token system. 100%.

But again.. no comments no nothing from devs. Won't ever happen. "If it does I'll personally hand out 1 million gold randomly in 50k increments in grahtwood" LOL.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to check your chances to get the MSA weapon you, then check out my thread about RNG:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/305700/math-of-rng-problems-suggestions
    Animals Unchained | PC EU
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
  • Rataroto
    Rataroto
    ✭✭✭✭
    More vma threds
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rataroto wrote: »
    More vma threds

Agreed. Make ZOS take notice of how many players hate the weapon RNG grind.
    Edited by redspecter23 on November 30, 2016 10:57PM
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brantleyx wrote: »
    This is a rant but also a serious problem i'm experiencing. I've ran maelstrom arena since august, four times per week for weekly (so thats four characters on the leader-boards every week. Four drops plus another four from the rewards) and have yet to receive anything sharpened outside of twelve *** bows and restoration staffs. Its literally getting to me, The entire double drop - two week event I got double restoration staffs, double sword and board, double bows and decisive mauls the entire two weeks. I might even upload the screen shots I took. This is a rant and a salty confession from me but it's honestly getting next to me.. I'm constantly seeing horrible players; Literally HORRIBLE! Link sharpened inferno staffs, sharpened greatswords, double sharpened axe and dagger off of one run. Or before and after the event, "My first couple runs of vma I got a sharpened x, y and z). Its ridiculously.. I'm not looking for a hand out (which I know isn't even an option anyway..) I just need some guidance. Am I doing something wrong? But, I think I may have figured out why my rng for weapons is . Its in the score, I'm going to see if getting anything below 450k would help with rng cause its has to be something. I'm usually placing top 20 in all characters for the past four months and the rewards are just pathetic. Like seriously, I'm on the brink of just not playing anymore. I'm getting held back from doing pve hard mode trials cause trashier players of course have better weapons than me. I don't know.. Someone please try to make sense out of all this. I wouldn't make this big, pity-party post if it wasn't actually happening. Im fed up.

Yeah, I can't really take this game seriously for this exact reason. When I log in I just goof around on a low level alt or help other people out. If I do any challenging content it's just once for the personal sense of accomplishment. Any possible in-game reward for doing difficult content is just absurdly rare.

Even at low levels it's absurd. Last night I leveled a new character from levels 1-12 and he had something like 8 assorted weapons of the Trainee and one chest piece of the Trainee. I guess I should grind the starter Islands to get a complete set, lol? I'd probably reach level 50 and still be on Bleakrock trying to get that 5th Piece of the Trainee.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brantleyx wrote: »

They cant be too horrible if they beat vMA
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wonder if they do it on purpose to keep people playing it... i mean would people come back to that place if they got all the weapons they needed? they should have tokens- as someone suggested- 50 runs- 50 saved maelstrom junk weapons- u get to swap and u get to pick ur weapon and trait
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only started on maelstroms - only run it 4 times- and gotten 1 defending resto, 1 charged inferno, 1 unfused lightening and a nirnhoned maul. each time the stress - for me to get thru it on my cp is a full on hard evenings work- all u want is a nice reward for it!
    can't imagine doing it 100 times and not getting it like u guys.
    Edited by MakoFore on November 30, 2016 11:25PM
  • Greiver
    Greiver
    ✭✭✭
    This game has THE WORST RNG in a game I've ever seen. Even worse is the useless traits they added into the vma weapon chests. The horrible RNG made me quit once already.... After farming the crap out of vma on the double drop event, I still didn't get a single sharpened weapon. I got the sword and board combo for both weapons a 75% of the time. Fix it ZOS or give us a token system before you continue to lose players. I know I'm about to call it quits with ESO.
    Ps4 Na Daggerfall
    Elders of Daggerfall
    High Elf Sorc
    Catshit Nightblade
    Imperial Templar
    Dark elf Dk
  • Redn3ck
    Redn3ck
    I'd like to see it where you have a chance at getting a maelstrom weapons (any combination of weapon and trait) at the end of each stage clear; and the likely hood of a drop increasing as the progress through the stages.
    So for example and easy math...since there are nine stages in the arena, well say that clearing stage 1 would drop a weapon 1/10 times, stage 2 would drop a weapon 2/10 time etc.
    I think more opprotuinities at a weapon would be better for the game then a token system...because once you have everything in the game, /'s cleared all content, what's going to keep you around???(especially when PVP is crap...)....just my thought though.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dont really have an any intention of going back there.

Each run takes an hour or so and after experiencing two weapons as a reward, I can never go back to that place with getting one item that will probably be BS.

No thanks, I'll happily use my defending inferno staff. You can stick that sharpened somewhere else for all I care now.

Edited by mb10 on December 1, 2016 3:06AM
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol i have sharpend greatsword, maul, battle axe, bow, lightning staff, ice staff, mace,sword and resto. No inferno, axe or dagger :(:(:(
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weekly rewards should come in most desired traits. Some scrub(no offence) could do it in 10 hours and get a sharp destro, while you, me, and others constantly get *** from weekly rewards. Some dude in my guild got 2 sharp inferno's in 1 day, from 4 runs during the double drop event, i almost cried -_-

I just need a *** sharp inferno please and im through with it.

I got my sharpened inferno staff on my second run :D (made 4 runs total = 8 weapons during the event). However I am a stamina dunmer DK.

The RNG is not a big deal, the *** traits that drop are the problem.
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The silence from ZOS on this issue, despite countless threads and feedback, shows they don't care about the terrible rng we have in vMA or elsewhere in the game for that matter.(looking at you burning spellweave)
  • William_21
    William_21
    ✭✭
    I totally understand your frustration because I was in your shoes before.
    I have run vMA 60+ times (still running it once a day) and I have all stam weapons I desperately need.
    From my last run during the double loot event, I got my first sharpened dagger and non-sharpened inferno.
    And last week I got 5 weekly leaderboard mails, and one of which contained the sharpened dagger.
    I had never got a dagger from 25+ weekly mails, but the first dagger I got was sharpened.
    I was fully aware how lucky I was and at the same time it made me realize how crazy RNG can be.
    I once got 6 bows in a row with super bad traits.
    You may never get a sharpened X during your 1 to 98 runs, but you may get a sharpened X on your 99 and 100 successively.
    The chance of that to happen is insanely slim but it can happen.

What I'm trying to say is that although I have all I desperately need as a stam dps, I totally support the token system.
    I completely believe anyone, who manages to complete 50+ runs without getting the weapon they're after, deserves to have it.
    vMA is not a casual grind. It may be easier for those who possess top scores but even to them I dare say they have to focus at some key points during the run. Effort wasted has detrimental effects on a soul.
    What I just said is quite subjective, the word deserve, but this is from a guy who has been running it and went through the anxiety and frustration.

Still, good hunting Brantleyx.
    My Chars
    Legate William
    The Flawless Conqueror - Khajiit StamDK - 53.9k DPS
    (Twice-Born Star, Vicious Ophidian, Kra'gh, x2 Sharpened Maelstrom Daggers, Precise Maelstrom Bow)
    Vile's Sol
    The Flawless Conqueror - Redguard Stamblade
    Second Heartbeat
    The Flawless Conqueror - Imperial StamDK Tank
    (Tavon, Ebon, Bloodspawn)
    Dark Annihilator
    The Flawless Conqueror - Khajiit Stamblade
    Lachandra Rush
    The Flawless Conqueror - Redguard Stamplar
    Dario Lightningclaw
    The Flawless Conqueror - Khajiit Stamsorc
    Stormbringer Syra
    The Flawless Conqueror - High Elf Magsorc
    Auri-El's Light
    The Flawless Conqueror - Dark Elf Magplar
    Saxhleel Oracle
    The Flawless Conqueror - Argonian Magplar Healer
    (Spell Power Cure, Infallible Aether, Worm Cult, Precise Maelstrom Restoration Staff)
  • Beruge
    Beruge
    ✭✭✭
    It is a real pain, in the event i was really lucky 1 time and got a sharpend fire destroy and a sharpend maul in the same chest. I was very happy :)
    My youtube channel: Beruge Casualgaming
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    430+ runs here, no Sharpened Inferno.

It's another one of those topics where, even if every single player raises their voice, there will never be an answer from ZOS and it will be ignored forever. Remember #SaveNinglenel?

I've seen end game guilds break apart over it as well.

No point talking about it. If you like Tamriel, suck it up. If you want fair RNG and competition, go play Black Desert. Many people I used to play with have already made that move and are much happier there. I will wait till the next big update before I quit ESO. Still hoping for a token system or new BiS weapons.
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meld777 wrote: »
    430+ runs here, no Sharpened Inferno.

It's another one of those topics where, even if every single player raises their voice, there will never be an answer from ZOS and it will be ignored forever. Remember #SaveNinglenel?

I've seen end game guilds break apart over it as well.

No point talking about it. If you like Tamriel, suck it up. If you want fair RNG and competition, go play Black Desert. Many people I used to play with have already made that move and are much happier there. I will wait till the next big update before I quit ESO. Still hoping for a token system or new BiS weapons.

vMA rng is the fourth biggest reason that have seen endgame players quit behind:
    1)Champ points - with caps and a huge catchup mechanic this terrible decision is mostly moot now.
    2)Lack of new content - still a huge issue but at least an issue that costs money to fix instead of just a stupid move.
    3)Cheat engine - Yea, I am still not convinced this is at all addressed and that use is not rampant. I think it is, at the highest levels.
    4) vMA rng 1/144 for magca users is not acceptable and I have known many people who just rage quit the game and never cam back after one too many noob (ok, not noob but lesser player) got the drop before they did.

For what it is worth OP, my sharp inferno came from a 425k run which is my typical grab lots of sigals, die a couple times, and finish in about 1:10 run. I feel truly sorry for those who have ground their faces off and not gotten what they really do need to get a substantial boost in numbers (or to be relevant at all in stam.) I think you should get at least one of what you need (read your choice) every 10 runs and the arena should be further incentivized with some undaunted loot and perhaps some wrothgar motifs to keep people running. Fewer people run this than would if the RNG were better because it is just that bad. I would like a sharp axe, but at 1/122 do you really think I care that much when my main is magica? Why spend my time to not get what I need while loosing gold to mess with some alts? I would like a sharp shock staff to mess with the double tripple proc dk build as well, but 1/144, you have to be kidding me. I got lucky and got my sharp staff on run #6 (yes, run #6 was 425k, not bad ehh) otherwise I would not have it.

For what it is worth, I would run the thing occasionally for 10k in undaunted loot even if I had all the gear, which I don't. It is not that bad and you occasionally need a change of pace. I would also run if for some gear for my alts so I wouldn't have to swap it over every time. Now whenever I think of running it I just think. All your going to do is spend pots and end the run mad as hell at your *** drop and your own stupidity for doing it. Then, 9/10 times, I just do something else.
    Edited by f047ys3v3n on December 1, 2016 7:37AM
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • deevoh1991
    deevoh1991
    ✭✭✭
    I agree the RNG sucks.
    Ive been trying to get a sharpened lightning spinner staff for I dunno how long now. I can quote Tallatta the Lustrous word to word :/
    PSN GT : Divzor
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert is okay with a lot of customers never getting what they want as long as the RNG averages out in the end across the entire customer base. I'm not sure if he's aware that for most purposes, a sharpened off-set staff may be better than a non-sharpened vma staff on the main bar.

I think it's pretty bad that he knows that his loot system will produce extremely unlucky results for some customers and doesn't seem to care about their individual experiences.

Edited by zyk on December 1, 2016 9:14AM